It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to inject some non tin foiler, scientific method type theories into this site. Who is with me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hello, all. Like some of you here, I am highly skeptical of anything and everything I see and hear and prefer to come to my own conclusions through research, scientific method, and logic as opposed to ingesting the mind numbing # that is forcefully spoonfed to us from every source imaginable. There is nothing I enjoy more than contemplating the inner workings of the reality we endure and thoroughly mind#ing myself. I've been occasionally browsing this site for some time now, as a lot of the random thoughts, ideas, and theories that plague my mind always seem to lead me here. ATS is really a great site overall, and it saddens me when I see end of the world threads with a couple words and links to basement style YT videos, as it really gives a bad name to all the skeptics and truth seekers here. I do not appreciate the "foiler" method of presenting a YT video with dramatic background music and insinuating that aliens are coming to abduct your firstborn(no, I do not mean this literally). Instead, I believe we are entitled to be presented with all the different possible answers and all of the evidence that has been gathered and proven. I have decided that my time will be more productively spent openly debating ideas and seeking the truth with others, as opposed to spacing out for hours to perform thought experiments. I can't think of a better place to do this than here(the other candidate was physics forum, but that can't hold my interest, you know, too mainstream).

That being said, I am very young (20 years old) and although I spend a good deal of my free time educating myself on physics, chemistry, and the like, I seem to have a lot of difficulty getting any theory I develop off the ground for lack of a technical understanding of some of the concepts involved. I simply have not had the time I need to accumulate the knowledge to back anything of significance up scientifically. That's where, hopefully, the readers here will come in. The last thing I want to do is poison my mind, or someone else's for that matter, with false information *cough tinfoilers. Now, a lot of the theories I intend to examine have already been discussed here, but I do want to present them from a different point of view that can actually be tested and proven or otherwise to as close of "a shadow of a doubt" as humanly possible by utilizing the varying expertise of the members here.

In conclusion, to put it rather bluntly, I hope that my participation in these forums will shed some new light on some old #.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Also, I would like to start off by requesting that if someone reads this who is familiar with the Theories of special and general relativity would please contact me and assist me in obtaining a better grasp of the subject. I promise, it does pertain to a good deal of my theories and I have not been able to find an adequate teacher to get me started in the right direction. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated and will be rewarded with many threads to debate in and contribute to in the near future.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Antifoiler

Welcome....dont hold your breath on that one dude. You will be called a shill, troll, disinfo agent...all the usual, take it as a compliment, like i do lol

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
When I was 20, I knew best, too!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Welcome, sounds like you have found a nice cyber home for residency. I enjoy the conversations by our more scientific minded individuals. I am not well versed myself, but have learned much watching discussions and gaining sources.
Enjoy your time and happy truth pursuits to you. Check that 'search' function for some specific threads.

Peace,
spec

Some threads of interest...maybe

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What do ya think about neutrinos? Dark matter? Maybe make a thread(after 20 posts) and give it a go.
edit on 4-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by Antifoiler

Welcome....dont hold your breath on that one dude. You will be called a shill, troll, disinfo agent...all the usual, take it as a compliment, like i do lol

Wild accusations only serve to prove the validity of the opposition. They are fun

Thanks for the links, optimist. I have been following the whole CERN thing very closely for a while now, but the antigravity was news to me. Ill have to bookmark it for a later time. Already spent way more time on here today than I should have lol got plenty of "real, manual work" to do. As for the subatomic particles you mentioned, I have had an interest in those specifically for a couple months now. If you really want to see something cool look into Bose-Einstein condensates. Remarkable stuff.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Antifoiler because: because i can

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Welcome, look forward to seeing your threads

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
That position stated at the beginning, than you have no recourse except to deny every credible UFO account radar return and photo every made, plus deny the whole concept that ETs are visiting us.

So just what do you plan to do? Sagan is long gone and his spiel is getting trumped every day by new scientific discoveries that bring the actuality of ETs closer and closer to Terra. You better hurry with your conventional logic and reason, it is melting fast in current scientific discoveries.

(My advise is to pick up a plastic construction workers helmet at a yard sale and cover it with heavy-duty aluminum foil--just in case you may need it.)

Tit for tat, I say.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
That position stated at the beginning, than you have no recourse except to deny every credible UFO account radar return and photo every made, plus deny the whole concept that ETs are visiting us.

So just what do you plan to do? Sagan is long gone and his spiel is getting trumped every day by new scientific discoveries that bring the actuality of ETs closer and closer to Terra. You better hurry with your conventional logic and reason, it is melting fast in current scientific discoveries.

(My advise is to pick up a plastic construction workers helmet at a yard sale and cover it with heavy-duty aluminum foil--just in case you may need it.)

I'm having a little difficulty understanding what you mean here. If I am correct in my assumption of what you are saying (which is that I have to deny every piece of evidence supporting non human intelligence due to the fact that I am skeptical), I would say you are taking a meaning I did not intend from my statement. I would not deny any piece of evidence presented to me, but rather examine every aspect and implication of said evidence in order to determine its validity.

First off, I would like to point out that I do NOT believe that UFO's must point to a non human intelligence(I will refer to these as NHI's). I DO, however, believe that this is only one of many possible explanations which must be either proven or dis proven using "my fast melting conventional logic". That being said, I believe that credible has a very different definition myself than it does for you. Now, in the absence of hard, concrete evidence and fact, I am just as inclined to disbelieve a NASA report stating the existence of these NHI's just as much as I am inclined to not believe Bill Joe Jr. posting a shaky video of a trash can lid tied to a string and claiming he has made contact with the NHI. Let me note here that my personal opinion on non human intelligence's is completely irrelevant, and so is everyone else's, including yours. Opinion < Fact. Now let's delve a bit deeper into some examples of what I (and, arguably, just about anyone with common sense) could consider CREDIBLE evidence. First, propulsion. Obviously, an NHI visiting us would not be using traditional propulsion methods (burning gas etc) for the many practical issues that would arise. In light of this, a good way to lend some credence to the NHI argument would be to debate on some possible methods of propulsion they would be using, and what evidence of this propulsion would either be apparent during the visitation, or in the best case scenario, somehow measurable and apparent after the visitation. Now, this could be a number of things such as radiation, isolated local changes in gravitational fields, etc. You get the idea. Wow, imagine that: about ten seconds of thought and already we have something to work with here that, if proven, could lead to the discovery of, you guessed it, CREDIBLE EVIDENCE! Here's another idea, perhaps study the trajectories, angles, velocities etc of the UFO's that are recorded and try to find some kind of simmilarities or connections, you would be amazed at the inter connectedness of things when you look deeply enough, and what these connections prove and disprove. And no I am not suggesting that someone pulls some wack ass idea out of the air that all the UFO's are 5m across or some bs so you multiply it by this and divide it by that and get 9 or some such bs. Remember, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And generally, extraordinary claims have absolutely no evidence to support them. This is not to say that just because something extraordinary is claimed it is automagically false, but it is also not automagically true either. In the same sense, I would like to reiterate what I stated earlier: I WILL NEVER DENY THE AUTHENTICITY OF ANY EVIDENCE until it has been thoroughly disproven and debunked to the fullest, at the same time I will gladly reconsider my stance on a subject if a previously unseen way to examine the evidence is brought to light. I am painting a picture for you here, Aliensun, and I hope you are getting the message. You can call me a shill or disinfo or government hooblah whatever, but at the end of the day I can sleep easy knowing that "my fast melting logic" stood fast against your barrage of trash can lids tied to strings and lunatic ravings.

Now, I will not even begin to pretend that what I do or say is free of error, no one is perfect and i am very far from it. However, I do fully understand the difference between what is perceived to be real and what is real, what is opinion and what is fact, and who wears the aluminum foil dunce hat at the end of the day and who doesn't.

In light of all this, I humbly present you with the Aluminum Hat of Dunce (think of it as a condom that protects against FACTS)
Sorry this reply was not more thorough, but I am tired and believe i got my point across here.

P.S. I do apologize if the tone here was a bit severe, but don't take it personally. It's the nature of debate. I am not attempting to discredit you or start a flame war but I will be damned if anyone puts words into my mouth.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Antifoiler because:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Congratulations, you've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome Antifoiler

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!
Speaking of "Search", to save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

new topics

top topics

join