It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia " peacefully invaded" by 2500 Marines.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

mate ,its a bit hard for the rest of us to do anything when the red headed slapper thats running our country is giving head to all the world political leaders, doesnt leave us much to bring to the table!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
I don't know anything about the military like alot of you seem too. I was hoping someone could tell me what "Drop Bears" are. If this question has been answered could you please direct to the post which gives this info.

Thank you in advance

giant killer carnivore koala's

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paldr001au
People joke about some sort of breed of Koala that eats human flesh and sits in the tree waiting for an unsuspecting Ozzy or tourist to walk underneath,at which point it drops down onto them and kills them and feasts on their flesh. Complete fabrications. You should ask about the ficticious hoop snakes too. They joke about ones that bit their own tails and form a hoop that can roll accross the ground at 30mph and when it gets close it lets go of its tail and bites you... All complete garbage but good for a laugh. Ozzys tell these stories to tourists just for a joke to see the look of fear in their eyes.....

hey mate, these storys are aboriginal legends, when the white man first came to australia and used aboriginal trackers and guides, the aboriginies would not take the point for fear of the "drop bear"

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Please see my past thread about this.
Viceroy Zorgon put in some interesting information about all this as well as other members.
US marines to set up in Darwin, Australia

Maybe the mad red head should get this guy as a local guide to the marines

edit on 5-4-2012 by crackerjack because: (Forgot Russel)

edit on 5-4-2012 by crackerjack because: ()

edit on 5-4-2012 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

It seems to me, and I am just sort of thinking "out loud" here, that your stretching it just a bit with concern over communications stations, space observation, telescopes, and antenna's instillations, siesmic stations, weather prediction, etc.......The only thing really "military" I could see on that list (besides the Marines coming) was the Military Airlift Command stations on some of your RAAFBs. Here is an idea, buy your own transports and fly your own people around. Remember the Indoneasian Tsunami relief, where do you think MAC flew out of. Of course the Aussie's have PITIFUL airlift capability, (which has as much to do with moving humanitarian relief, disaster aid, and general government transport as it does moving troops for combat).

I get the concern over the Marines...sort of. But come on. While some of what you listed IS certainly used for intelligence gathering, some of that is scientific in nature. Not to mention the US and Australia are allies. We do have joint training and operations together. That sort of thing takes coordination, especially in communications.

I mean i can think of two German Air Force stations IN the United States (Holoman AFB in NM, which even has a wing of German Fighter-Bombers, and the German Air Defense School at Fort Sill, OK), along with Canadian Forces stationed at NORAD in Colorado Springs. It's what allies do...train together, support each other.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by crackerjack
Please see my past thread about this.
Viceroy Zorgon put in some interesting information about all this as well as other members.
US marines to set up in Darwin, Australia

Maybe the mad red head should get this guy as a local guide to the marines

edit on 5-4-2012 by crackerjack because: (Forgot Russel)

edit on 5-4-2012 by crackerjack because: ()

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
So it looks as if you all are sheeple too. America needs your country, so when US/Israel attacks Iran in a few months, we'll be that much closer to intercept China getting involved. Looks as if America will drag you all down the crapper like, all the other countries we use & abuse. Some advice, you fine follks need to speak up and put a end to this. Or it will grow as the op said, 200, then 2,500, then 5000 etc,etc etc. Don't let America drag you into the gutter. America would much rather fight China in "your yard" than in ours.

Last time I replied about Australia and this topic. It did not go well. I support you all, I denonce what we are doing in your country. Peace to you all. P.S. THis is a personal apology to SteveKnows, sorry for the way I treated you & your fellow countrymen in the last thread about this topic.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Rosha

I don't understand why you are arguing with me?

As an American I am telling you that there is not much to fear from the marines as they are not hostile towards Australians, in fact they are considered allies so if an order is placed that compromises that, there is a pretty good chance that that marine or those marines will not accept those orders.
Marines are not meant to be hostile towards civilians either, but that has worked well hasn't it

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by convinceme

Originally posted by Rosha

Originally posted by petrus4

It sure does seem like it at times. Today I listened while military and political leaders gabbled over this issue publically, apaprently ignoring Australias right to national soverignty, choice and self determination as if they never existed, as if we didnt have them before the Merikans showed up...speaking as if we as a nation of people, werent even here as a formed body of people already.

I don't think Australia really does have as strong a sense of coherent self-identity as other countries. I don't think we ever have. The only serious attempts at either secession or forming a republic that we've seen here, have come from the Irish community.
edit on 5-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

I have suffered a little living here from a lack of historic 'culture' too..wondering what it is or where I belong/fit etc.

Do we have to have a history to have a culture or a sense to belong? Seriously, we are only one generation apart from the next. The most anyone can claim from any part of history is that whatever it was, happened in their neck of the woods or perhaps it was a great relative.
Yeah be proud.... it has nothing to do with you. You had no part in it.
People often don't remember the bad parts of history, but it makes a cool movie so that makes it good i guess.

Who gives a toss..... make your own history.

I aint too fussed with the Marines being on Aussie soil. They have been our allies for a while and we theirs. I do see it as a strategic move nonetheless which has raised tensions but... this is just another new port of call for the US forces already here.

With a world hell bent on dividing us...issues of culture, especially trans-racial cultural bonds like 'mateship', become important for me, as culture is ( more often than not ) something that unites people or at least, linking them, brings them together for periods of time.

With NWO focused on obliterating nations, these links become vital to collective memory, to the passing on of history, knoweldge and information, are integral to overcoming difficulty and as poxy as it might sound, are vital to healing and moving on from loss and suffering.

To see the end result a people stripped of culture lore and self determination/traditions and without the inherited wisdoms that lead to practical methods of 'modern' living, you need only look as far as the Aboriginal people here in Australia. Entire gernations decimated through war and disease, tribal lore and language forgoton or lost or 'removed' via conditioning..has left a gap between generations and a deep 'soulsickness' among the people. Many, not all but many, are aimless..rootless...'unparented'...and so strugle to benefit from existance at all. The result is what you see on the streets of Alice now....it might seem romantic an idea to let go history..but at least learn its value first....and dont throw the baby out with the bathwater.

shrugs...your choice...your outcomes.

As far as US being our allies goes...I have a small list of US allies now occupied..and as in the case of Iraq, obliterated entirely. I am all for keeping friends close and enemies closer..but I dont want them in my bed ..so to speak.

cheers

Ro

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Seems like they are going after China:

U.S. and allies move to counter Chinese power

SINGAPORE — The pieces of a new strategic kaleidoscope in the Asia-Pacific region are starting to fall into place as allies and security partners of the United States seek to deter China from using or threatening force to achieve its expansive aims, particularly in the South China Sea, which forms the maritime heart of Southeast Asia.

A contingent of about 200 U.S. Marines will soon arrive in Darwin, northern Australia. They are the forerunners of a bigger force of up to 2,500 marines agreed in November by leaders of the two allies.

Anyway it's a very bad move on part of Australia to let this happen in their soil.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
reply to post by Rosha

It seems to me, and I am just sort of thinking "out loud" here, that your stretching it just a bit with concern over communications stations, space observation, telescopes, and antenna's instillations, siesmic stations, weather prediction, etc.......The only thing really "military" I could see on that list (besides the Marines coming) was the Military Airlift Command stations on some of your RAAFBs. Here is an idea, buy your own transports and fly your own people around. Remember the Indoneasian Tsunami relief, where do you think MAC flew out of. Of course the Aussie's have PITIFUL airlift capability, (which has as much to do with moving humanitarian relief, disaster aid, and general government transport as it does moving troops for combat).

I get the concern over the Marines...sort of. But come on. While some of what you listed IS certainly used for intelligence gathering, some of that is scientific in nature. Not to mention the US and Australia are allies. We do have joint training and operations together. That sort of thing takes coordination, especially in communications.

I mean i can think of two German Air Force stations IN the United States (Holoman AFB in NM, which even has a wing of German Fighter-Bombers, and the German Air Defense School at Fort Sill, OK), along with Canadian Forces stationed at NORAD in Colorado Springs. It's what allies do...train together, support each other.

Do you know what a 'weather station' is and how it is used for military purposes?
(Hint..it has nothing to do with 'rain'.)

Do you know what all these little networks together can do?

No?

Go ask a kid in Fallujah..better still, go ask a mum there who's given birth to her latest genetically screwed up infant how SHE feels about our involvment! How woudl you feel if it were YOUR mum? Your kid?

Thats what they did...they fubard an entire nation..used illegal weapons...killed millions..and its on OUR back.

Thats what we let them do from our soil.

We, allowing our soil to be used as as intelligence hub, we became complicit in those war crimes.

They *killed millions of innocent people for profit and oil* - does that seem ok to you?

Now they are activly here and trying use us again to set up the next illegal war to kill more people!

That *doesnt* affect you?

This is not some 'emotional' or hysterical female response..that we are complicit is a FACT!

These war crimes are documented under international law yet its more than even that - the *entire* war in Iraq was ILLEGAL under international law!

And we aided and abetted that!!

In aiding and abbetting US war crimes and more, by participating in an illegal war, we P*SSED on the ANZACS and everything they fought and died for!!

Dont you get that?
Has that not sunk in yet?

My grandfather..maybe yours..DIED to CREATE that law!

Now, the US Marine Corp wishes to occupy Australian Territory, namley, the Cocos Islands and wishes to set up an air base there for UAV's. A HUGE HUGE HUGE step up from passive intelligence gathering and forwarding. They dont just want us complict and egging them on in their abuse of power..they want us right in there lubed up and f*cking them over right along side them!

These UAVS will not only be used to spy on my until now peaceable neighbours, pushing them into a reactionary mode which will no doubt bring about a new arms race here, but may, in the event any worse US puppet d*ckhead with a reputation to make gets into power, be used to obliterate those neighbours or any particular one of them the state sanctioned assassin squads playing god - judge jury and executioner- deem fit to murder.

There is no doubt, that these drones will be used to spy on my own cities, my own people as well, and beyond that, in the event we do try to reclaim our nation one day, they will used against us too.

Dont say they wont..of course they bloody will. Why not us and our neighbours when they have done exactly that in other places around the world. They place nice now because we play nice now..if that ever changes..we are immediately.. toast.

These drones are now so well weaponised they can target 4 square meters from miles above and murder on the ground with ease... you cannot garaunetee they dont harm the innocent..as they STILL do every day elsewhere...and you cannot garauntee they wont be used in just this manner in our backyard.

What deos the US give a f*ck about us..we are not THEIR backyard..they dont care what happens to you and me, only THEIR INTERESTS. That's not me talking that is THEM on live tv only today.

We are being USED....not as an ally but a b*tchwh*re. If we were Allies..then we'd not be being so disrespected.
They are NOT making us 'safer' that is huge lie you are buying hook line and sinker.

The lack of information we were given about this prior to its announcement, and the lack of power we have had to really voice objection or even opinion in the planning process of setting up of this 'peaceful invasion' and the lack of power we have to change it right here and now let alone in the future if we change our minds, ought to be pointing to you right towards waking up and recognising what is coming.

If it doesnt..time will..life will teach..the truth will speak for itself.
Your education, is not my problem.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Seeing that I have been inside and Air Force weather station on numerous occasions, I know what they are used for, to predict the weather.........

I agree with you on the drone basing. They can do that from aircraft carriers if need be and not from your soil.

You should start a grassroots organization to have someone ELECTED in your government who would temper or stop this.......after all your elected officials are agreeing to this, I would be mad at them. Just as many Americans' are upset at our foreign policy.

Also remember that while I don't always agree with my government; Radical Islam is still a threat to the west, and it goes far deeper then oil or corprate greed. The US has been dealing with Radical Islam since the Barbary Pirates in the 1790s. Europeans even before that. Seems like that is easily forgotten.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
Seeing that I have been inside and Air Force weather station on numerous occasions, I know what they are used for, to predict the weather.........

I agree with you on the drone basing. They can do that from aircraft carriers if need be and not from your soil.

You should start a grassroots organization to have someone ELECTED in your government who would temper or stop this.......after all your elected officials are agreeing to this, I would be mad at them. Just as many Americans' are upset at our foreign policy.

Also remember that while I don't always agree with my government; Radical Islam is still a threat to the west, and it goes far deeper then oil or corprate greed. The US has been dealing with Radical Islam since the Barbary Pirates in the 1790s. Europeans even before that. Seems like that is easily forgotten.

And who do we have to thank for Radical Islam?

Type Afghanistan 1960's into your search engine..go to images...see what they were before the US ' came in peace to liberate their nation"

Here's a link if you need one: www.google.com.au...:en-GB
fficial&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ& sa=X&ei=Ba59T4GcAabTiAKj8JjZDQ&ved=0CEEQsAQ&biw=1099&bih=686

So you have been in an ADF/RAAF weather station. Good for you no doubt our boys do track weather for weathers sake. They were not the stations I was speaking of. Go to the one outside El Questro..oh wait..you cant..its US soil....and that very special little dish off to the right....it isnt tracking clouds.

Rosha.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by convinceme

It sure does seem like it at times. Today I listened while military and political leaders gabbled over this issue publically, apaprently ignoring Australias right to national soverignty, choice and self determination as if they never existed, as if we didnt have them before the Merikans showed up...speaking as if we as a nation of people, werent even here as a formed body of people already.

I don't think Australia really does have as strong a sense of coherent self-identity as other countries. I don't think we ever have. The only serious attempts at either secession or forming a republic that we've seen here, have come from the Irish community.
edit on 5-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

I have suffered a little living here from a lack of historic 'culture' too..wondering what it is or where I belong/fit etc.

Do we have to have a history to have a culture or a sense to belong? Seriously, we are only one generation apart from the next. The most anyone can claim from any part of history is that whatever it was, happened in their neck of the woods or perhaps it was a great relative.
Yeah be proud.... it has nothing to do with you. You had no part in it.
People often don't remember the bad parts of history, but it makes a cool movie so that makes it good i guess.

Who gives a toss..... make your own history.

I aint too fussed with the Marines being on Aussie soil. They have been our allies for a while and we theirs. I do see it as a strategic move nonetheless which has raised tensions but... this is just another new port of call for the US forces already here.

With a world hell bent on dividing us...issues of culture, especially trans-racial cultural bonds like 'mateship', become important for me, as culture is ( more often than not ) something that unites people or at least, linking them, brings them together for periods of time.

With NWO focused on obliterating nations, these links become vital to collective memory, to the passing on of history, knoweldge and information, are integral to overcoming difficulty and as poxy as it might sound, are vital to healing and moving on from loss and suffering.

To see the end result a people stripped of culture lore and self determination/traditions and without the inherited wisdoms that lead to practical methods of 'modern' living, you need only look as far as the Aboriginal people here in Australia. Entire gernations decimated through war and disease, tribal lore and language forgoton or lost or 'removed' via conditioning..has left a gap between generations and a deep 'soulsickness' among the people. Many, not all but many, are aimless..rootless...'unparented'...and so strugle to benefit from existance at all. The result is what you see on the streets of Alice now....it might seem romantic an idea to let go history..but at least learn its value first....and dont throw the baby out with the bathwater.

shrugs...your choice...your outcomes.

As far as US being our allies goes...I have a small list of US allies now occupied..and as in the case of Iraq, obliterated entirely. I am all for keeping friends close and enemies closer..but I dont want them in my bed ..so to speak.

cheers

Ro

Your passion is admirable but....
The world has been divided for centuries. None of us will ever see eye to eye. We possibly would only come together during times of great crisis. We're more often than not divided with our next door neighbours let alone internationally or interracially.

Though i don't one day doubt a future NWO, but we aren't quite there yet. History more often than not is, i would suggest, not entirely accurate & biased towards the persons or countries recounting it. i.e. Japan and China are forever debating the Japanese academic history books.
I think some on the opposite side of history may look at things a bit differently.

You say history is vital links to collective memory, with knowledge being integral to overcoming difficulty (I see history as an excuse to start the next conflict).
Thats all well and good but you wan't a history to have a culture with which you can belong.
Australia doesn't have much of a history (and depending who you talk to, some would jokingly argue none).
It is filled with peoples from all over the world yet it has its own culture and yet people do belong.

Aboriginals... I don't entirely agree with you there but respect your opinion through your eyes.
Different issue different forum.
Do you live in Alice?

Though i don't mind the marines being here, I am concerned about the future and what Australia may get dragged into regardless of marines being here or not.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Its more likely these marines will end up Australian than it is we will all end up American.

I supose time will tell and I am, in this, more than happy to be prooven by wrong by witnessing only actions of truly honorable men.

Something a little lighter to end my participation in the thread..

www.youtube.com...

see you in the squad car!

Ro.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

In any case..they might be here..but like the romans in north scotland many a moon ago...they mght find they have more of a challenge winning hearrts and minds than they think.

It certainly sounds that way.

I supose time will tell and I am, in this, more than happy to be prooven by wrong by witnessing only actions of truly honorable men.

Things happen in war and though sometimes not justifiable. Part of war is exploiting the other side, to win hearts and minds. Seems like the opposition has worked quite effectively, but thats not why the marines are there.

Marines are not Nazis, far from it. If you want to see that refer to Department of Homeland Security, but certainly not our marines.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paldr001au
As an Australian I fully support the US Marines coming here to train, in the end the battlefields will be here long before they are on America's shores. Without their protection and weapon systems along with our other allies in the region we'd be sitting ducks with our minimalistic military forces. China's already buying us out, it'll only be a matter of time before they all get upset about living in the squalor of their own country and start looking for new turf to live in. Once they announce their intentions no amount of back patting with the Indonesians, Koreans, Vietnam, turncoat Japanese etc will save us... They will all be rubbing their hands with glee thinking about how they are going to carve up the human assets, bundle us all off to working camps and move into our women and houses. The writing is on the wall, some people just like to bury their heads in the sand and hope it'll turn out ok. Tell me all those people worried about being "invaded" by the USA, who is ready to live the life of a repressed Tibetan where horrific torture, abductions, re-education camps and a life of servitude are a daily event? They treat their own people with complete disregard, what makes you think they'll look after a bunch of coward ozzies who want to fence sit and wait until it's too late. I'd welcome any US Marine or Australian Defense Force member into my house any day.

Great to see someone else has a rational view of things.

The People's Republic of China would do WHATEVER they want to all of Asia if not for the deterrence of the United States.

If you think the Chinese would be prevented by talks of peace or any such nonsense you are dreaming
edit on 5-4-2012 by Spooky1 because: sp

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender
reply to post by Rosha

mate ,its a bit hard for the rest of us to do anything when the red headed slapper thats running our country is giving head to all the world political leaders, doesnt leave us much to bring to the table!

This is the problem.

The Americans at least have revolution as a concept. The idea to Australians is completely unthinkable. At the same time, though, I'll bet that that is the real reason why those Marines are here; just to make sure that things stay that way.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Rosha

In any case..they might be here..but like the romans in north scotland many a moon ago...they mght find they have more of a challenge winning hearrts and minds than they think.

It certainly sounds that way.

Things happen in war and though sometimes not justifiable. Part of war is exploiting the other side, to win hearts and minds. Seems like the opposition has worked quite effectively, but thats not why the marines are there.

Marines are not Nazis, far from it. If you want to see that refer to Department of Homeland Security, but certainly not our marines.

Shrugs..good thing about being a woman I get to change my mind..

Its not DHS pulling the triggers of the guns killing these kids...not DHS loading the mortars..driving the tanks or manning the helicopter gun ships, not DHS raping the girls... its individual marines...individual men who have individual consciences and individual capacities to make choices not to do these things..individual men that are individually accountable to law and conscience to make the *really* hard choices...men who are responsible for their own actions and choices and accountable for every person they murder.

Killing someone, when it is NOT self defence..is murder.

Stop that murder without conscience..and I will agree with you..dont stop that..everything else is abdication, lies and propoganda.

edit on 6-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender
reply to post by Rosha

This is the problem.

The Americans at least have revolution as a concept. The idea to Australians is completely unthinkable. At the same time, though, I'll bet that that is the real reason why those Marines are here; just to make sure that things stay that way.

I agree strongly with this statement. I mean, the do gooders are now saying Australians celebrating ANZAC day is offensive to the ethnic minorities. Seriously, WHAT THE F???????? I will always celebrate ANZAC day, but, like you say Petrus4, revolution in Australia is unknown.

Seems much easier in general just to roll over and think of something else

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join