Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Australia " peacefully invaded" by 2500 Marines.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Rosha I understand where you are coming from with your response to my statement about the Chinese populace being peacefull and not interested in fighting but when was the last war decided to be actioned upon by the people? I haven't voted for wars in Iraq, Afghanistan etc, but our governments make those decisions. The whole peace loving nations thing I don't buy into because both yours, the current readers and my fate are entirely out of our hands and decided by our apparently "democratically" elected governments. There is a saying that democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what is for dinner.
Comparing the plight of the indigenous Australians to Tibet is comparing apples to oranges, one was done in the past that is reflectively frowned upon in this country and one is still in progess 40 years on.
China is currently in a financial boom period, eventually this bubble will collapse, the populace will start demanding fair wages, safe work environments, clean environments, safe water & food etc and they won't be able to afford all the luxury items that we endulge in so much. When the big kid at school doesn't have any lunch to eat he'll soon steal from the weaker kids. That is why I support any military defense (US Marines) here in Oz, it's only a matter of time before the Chinese alliance spreads it wings for a new habitat with free uranium, gas, oil, mineral wealth, water and agricultural land.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paldr001au
reply to post by Rosha

Rosha I understand where you are coming from with your response to my statement about the Chinese populace being peacefull and not interested in fighting but when was the last war decided to be actioned upon by the people? I haven't voted for wars in Iraq, Afghanistan etc, but our governments make those decisions. The whole peace loving nations thing I don't buy into because both yours, the current readers and my fate are entirely out of our hands and decided by our apparently "democratically" elected governments. There is a saying that democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what is for dinner.
Comparing the plight of the indigenous Australians to Tibet is comparing apples to oranges, one was done in the past that is reflectively frowned upon in this country and one is still in progess 40 years on.
China is currently in a financial boom period, eventually this bubble will collapse, the populace will start demanding fair wages, safe work environments, clean environments, safe water & food etc and they won't be able to afford all the luxury items that we endulge in so much. When the big kid at school doesn't have any lunch to eat he'll soon steal from the weaker kids. That is why I support any military defense (US Marines) here in Oz, it's only a matter of time before the Chinese alliance spreads it wings for a new habitat with free uranium, gas, oil, mineral wealth, water and agricultural land.

Havent been out west for a while huh?

Keep fearing....your choice. Keeping right on thinking force of arms is the only defence possible.. your choice..your outcomes.

I'll choose diffferently..if only because I can.

edit on 6-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The reality IS, most Australians are dumb f@#ks and are more intrested in the minor political detalis to even begin to think about whats REALLY going on. But pride is a bitch and the majority would rather be a bitch then speak up !

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieDingus
The reality IS, most Australians are dumb f@#ks and are more intrested in the minor political detalis to even begin to think about whats REALLY going on. But pride is a bitch and the majority would rather be a bitch then speak up !

I don't know about anybody else, but what it comes down to for me, now, is that I can't be bothered with taking crap for saying things that nobody else wants to hear.

People don't want to change. They don't want to improve. They just want to watch TV and wallow in conflict and drama. So I'm at the point now where I figure it's a lot easier to simply let them. Sure, Rosha might care about the coup, but how many other Australians really do?

If the majority felt the same way, it might be different; but it really is not worth sticking your own head up and getting it blown off (figuratively or otherwise) by the system, if the rest of the sheep simply take said system's side and assume that you must have deserved it...and that assumes they even notice at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha

reply to post by Rosha

Havent been out west for a while huh?

Keep fearing....your choice. Keeping right on thinking force of arms is the only defence possible.. your choice..your outcomes.

I'll choose diffferently..if only because I can.

edit on 6-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

Rosha I have been out west, and around most of central and northern Australia/Arnhem land also. I work as a remote surveyor and spend considerable time in communities and mine sites, what is it that takes you out to those areas or are you just going off the media portrayal?

Without hijacking this conversation I do know what its like in Indiginous Australian communities, I have worked with and employed a fair of them as assistants/associates in my line of work for protracted surveying activites. To suggest that the communities look appaling to us city folks may be true, they don't look like Wisteria Lane, but you have to remember they don't want a 3 bedroom home with a garden out there, they want a shelter, bathroom and a cooking area, nothing more. It is all the do-gooder social workers that tell them what they want for a house, how the yard should look, how much cleaning to do etc. You have to remember indigenous Australians never lived in towns and cities, they rarely even constructed permanent housing, they just roamed around following the game and seasons camping in similar locations. Why would they want to live in a house permanently, that'd be like locking them up in prison when they want to roam around the region visiting family. They move to the coast when it gets hot, leave their house open/unlocked for 4 months and if it is still there when they get back they move back in. Of course the place is going to look ragged. The reason that these towns look that way is not due to the Australian Government kicking their doors in and trashing the place, its their choice and lifestyle that does it. Social breakdown is not something the government can fix, it just comes from a sense of family and community.

For this reason we are not like the government of China's suppression of religion, no freedom of speech and a lack of regard for their own citizens. They do this to their own people, there's no hope for the minority groups.

Keep fearing and thinking force of arms is the only option? It is the only option! Going on that arguement, lets do away with police forces/law enforcement because generally people are good, I even met a priest once that says people are nice.... I don't buy it, the moment law enforcement ends there'd be people kicking your door in to steal your computer and anything else of value. Without these USMC troops and the training and experience they bring we don't have an effective functioning law enforcement program for the pacific region. For heavens sakes even New Zealand has a defense force.

Here is a link for Peter van Uhm's (head of the Netherlands defense forces) speech about why he joined the military, not to fight and kill but to keep the peace and protect his countrymen. It is well worth watching this very articulate man and no doubt a great leader. Without these military forces other nations will take advantage of your lack of oversight. Modern day military forces has made this last century a lot more peacefull than times before.
www.youtube.com...

edit on (7/4/12) by Paldr001au because: Still learning to quote properly......

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Paldr001au

I have no problem with defence forces at all. Until Iraq, Australia had one of those.
Armies of agression, yes...absolutely I have a problem. I have a problem not just for the needless death and destruction of wars for ego, but for the wastage of precious time.

Every wisdom to come from every war there ever was, has told us that we can do/must do better, that wars of conquest and aggression are wrong, that the cost of war on our collective spirit as much as our lands lives and bank balances, is simply too high on every level of humanity for us to continue to bear and remain remotely capeable of moving forward. Too, you can claim a right to kill others, dress it up in nice contexts's and use the right justifcations, but that doesnt mean you have the right to kill..you dont. There is no such 'right' - a right being entirely different to a necessity.

I qualifiy the next bit with ' to me it seems like'....as I cant read your mind and intent and I dont want to assume grossly....

To me, in what you've written above, you are basically saying its just fine to stand behind the biggest bully in protection from another bully. That Australia isnt 'wise enough' or 'old enough' yet to stand on her own two feet - that we should give up our means/the mehcanisms we need to grow evolve and mature as a nation to become kept chatell of the US, by remaining ' little brother' to what has fast become this past decade, a rogue state.
( A state that ignores International law, flouts UN resolutions and murders civillians is a Rogue State under the US's guidelines)

You also seem to be suggesting you can predict the future and read China's minds and intent and know every action and reaction that is going to happen. Underestimating potential and condoning the use of those fears as an excuse for premptive action instead of thoughtful preplanning - the latter an entirely diffrent thing..where no threat posture is required. You're also missing a glaring point, that if just two men ( US and China leaders) got over their egos and bullsh*t and one man simply called the other and speaks plainly to him..no war need ever occur. Dont laugh....Kennedy prooved its possible...and he was killed for that simple truth as much as any other reason.

Besides Kennedy, you also miss the fact that it took only one man *acting on his conscience* and willing to risk absolutely everything that saved the world from a nuclear winter - Stanislav Petrov (a retired lieutenant colonel of the Soviet Air Defence Forces). One man..can you imagine where we would be with many men of the same caibre of conscience and reason? I can.

Must we all, every individual on earth own a personal nuclear bomb before the use of war can end and we all feel safe enough to use our minds and speak rationally to each other?

You also seem saying that agressive posturing and brinkmanship is the only way to a*avert* war when historically it has only ever created wars. Even the cold war that might have 'seemed' so..didnt..it caused a destriction too, and led to ongoing wars all over the region and more pursuit of mass destruction weapons unthinkable a century ago.

In this, you suggest war is the only mechanism we have as human beings to create peace..when it isnt. You basically infer that men and women have no choice, and no choice but to kill each other..that we arent evolved or endowed with reason or minds capeable enough of constructive thought, rationally sorting through problems and creating innovative solutions without slaughter.

I have to wonder where all these messages of our mental and moral uselessnes and powerelessness to effect the principle of Right Action over bloodlust came from?

To me, this kind of thinking is the problem...because despite some appearances, we really are endowed with good minds and we do have this capacity. Maybe people have forgotton this or been led to forget, I dont know..what I do know is that many millions of lives here and now let alone the unborn to come, do depend on us 'getting that'...our planet depends on this generation growing up and stepping up the challenge of actually being human not an animal.

I genuinely wasnt comparing 'whose is the worst suffering' by writing about Tibet and our indigenous populations struggle. I used the analogy more to underline the point that we really cant be so hypocritical as to think we are white as snow here - that people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. While we allow ourselves to be led to dehumanising and demonizing China..we are the ones that become dehumanised in that we forget that _we_ are juts as human as they..all of us, just humans, just odd individuals, with our wants and needs and fears and familes - we ignore the flipside of the fear story, that they are at core just like us...as human as we are.

Other humans are easier to kill if you dont think of them as humans....this is why dehumanisation exists as a tactic of war. I dont want war..I *really* dont want war...so I choose my actions regardless of my thinking and dont use those tactics anymore or let myself buy into them out of fear. If and when I do fear, then I address and resolve my fears myself like an adult should, and not expect others to suffer and die for me so I can feel better.

In any case, just look at the context...as horrible as it is now over there, it has been worse. The war over Tibet is an ancient one. 500 years ago it was the Royal Tibetans imprisoning and murdering their own people and the native Chinese, skinning them and using their hides as temple banners. People dont want to hear that though..such is the skill of new age propoganda. Ive no doubt they will continue this fight to the last warrior or the last day of time...the 50 year war only emphasises the point to me violence begets more violence..and is a never ending downward spiral...both nations stand on the brink of extinction and neither is happy, secure or at peace owing to their wars.

For me...its a case of "If nothing changes..nothing changes"..well..thats not true strictly. It does change but not for the better. Eventualy, humans will have to start being human again..and maybe recognise that war is the EASY way out...a softer option to aquiring the courage needed to face the reality of what it takes to gain and maintain peace.

Ro
edit on 7-4-2012 by Rosha because: typo

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Perhaps with the US Marines being based in Darwin for training and Australia planning on opening their ports to Chinese naval Forces it may allow Australia to become the point at which the US Government and China may put aside these differences on neutral ground and start working together for the humanitarian good of the Asia Pacific Region. If China is indeed as neutral as you suggest Rosha the two forces could learn to play together nicely on our turf which would be a pretty big advance in mutual cooperation instead of posturing. Perhaps some joint military opperations/training would be advantageous for both sides to develop these relationships. Surely this would be a great coup for the region? I still have my doubts about a nation that does not ever admit how much money they spend on their defense budget despite allmost all the other regional players doing so. It doesn't seem the act of a neutral player?
So what would you like to see Australia do for defense and alliances if you were Statesman Rosha? We've pretty well understood the previous posts of yours that you think the US Military are all bloodthirsty killers that eat ground up children for breakfast, but how can Australia in its isolation remain neutral and yet prepared for any future hostilites without creating alliances with super powers? Alternatively do you rely on the Janes Military Doctrine Of Wonka and leave the front door open? I'm eagerly awaiting your reply.
edit on (7/4/12) by Paldr001au because: Lysdexia

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Perhaps with the US Marines being based in Darwin for training and Australia planning on opening their ports to Chinese naval Forces it may allow Australia to become the point at which the US Government and China may put aside these differences on neutral ground and start working together for the humanitarian good of the Asia Pacific Region. If China is indeed as neutral as you suggest Rosha the two forces could learn to play together nicely on our turf which would be a pretty big advance in mutual cooperation instead of posturing. Perhaps some joint military opperations/training would be advantageous for both sides to develop these relationships. Surely this would be a great coup for the region? I still have my doubts about a nation that does not ever admit how much money they spend on their defense budget despite allmost all the other regional players doing so. It doesn't seem the act of a neutral player?
So what would you like to see Australia do for defense and alliances if you were Statesman Rosha? We've pretty well understood the previous posts of yours that you think the US Military are all bloodthirsty killers that eat ground up children for breakfast, but how can Australia in its isolation remain neutral and yet prepared for any future hostilites without creating alliances with super powers? Alternatively do you rely on the Janes Military Doctrine Of Wonka and leave the front door open? I'm eagerly awaiting your reply.
edit on (7/4/12) by Paldr001au because: Lysdexia

Its interesting you've not addressed a single point of my post, have put words into mouth ( I've never said China was neutral or that Australia ought to be on its defence of its own soil), despite no provoation or insult on my part, you choose insult when I ask only questions or have sought clarification from you. I agree with Major Smedly, that defence forces ought to stop at the coastline of our own nations...you have a problem with that?

How can I reply sincerely to someone who has no ears and only fears and so isnt able to reason?
There is no reply to you except ' deal with it' - your fears - and stop expecting our sons and daughters to go to war to die because you dont want to do that and instead want to avoid the hard work of not going to war.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

About the guns thing I disagree there. I'm an aussie and think the thing that the americans need to guard against tyrants is an armed group of intelligent people that can use the gun as the last resort if they have to defend themself. But the conspiracy to ban and confiscate the gun is more to remove security and the deterrent so as to make people more and more reliant on the government. The powers that be get their power from the money they have attained over a long period of time to use for black projects, but if the people refuse to put that energy feeding it then you can cut off their energy and put it to positive uses nstead of towards the NWO..

To me having guns is no different from having the right to travel in a car which can be used as a weapon or bomb (blow up the fuel tank) so all taking them away from innocent people will do is leave those who obtained weapons illegally (gangs possibly supported by the NWO) to still have them and make the law-abiding people more vulnerable.

If there were a humane weapon that did not kill people invented that was safe, then maybe we would not need the gun but until then, not having guns is much more dangerous (now that they exist) than having them.

Only god knows the intentions of a person's heart (stop judging those who are gun owners so much - the gun is only as dangerous as the cars,bus,plane) and if you wish to protect yourself you must be prepared to die for your belief since those fought in all previous wars did so for generations after them. If you can't fight for what you believe is right, who will? This is the reason the staged "port arthur massacre" and "dunblane massacre" were brought on by the elites to obtain government power grab of your rights - it's part of the plan to enslave.

The sooner aussies wake up to the bigger picture the faster we can join up with the good guys in america (we need a reboot of government since ours does not represent us anymore) who know what is happening and work to get the corrupt guys out of power and restore the freedom.

Even if you fail you can at least look your grand children in the eyes and tell them you fought against the evil instead of whining about how bad guys are bad and don't listen to you about them being bad when it is plain they know how bad they are and revel in it due to whatever benefit they get from enslaving the world for thier lucifer/maitreya/dick/sun god or whatever. Even people who did not use violence (the christians fed to the lions by ancient romans) had way of fighting (spreading the gospel which led to believers who would later influence others who in modern times want to expose the secrecy of occult beliefs in entertainment media and brainwashing techniques - see SVALI blog) against what is plainly a giant corporation that has branches all over the world posing as a government.

People should first understand that money is how weapons are paid for, someone suppplies these weapons and makes them, the tax collected pays for it, and you without knowing are feeding it. (the military industrial complex). The people benefitting are corporations, which profit, that profit goes somewhere and your government then creates prisons with this profit to eventually dominate the world. You can just see this as america, but a global conspiracy. And it requires fighting against or you don't deserve freedom. Yes guns are considered bad and evil because it can be used to kill innocent people but then what about when guns are used to hunt for things or save a life or just act as a deterrent? I like the rest of your posts but I think you need to understand the difference between fighting for what is right (to defend your right to exist) using reasonable force vs using guns/weapons to manipulate the world and obtain power over others to centralise all power.

The guys who have the guns but who have no evil intent AGREE that tyrants are raping freedoms. They should not be put in the same basket as the neocons who obviously just want wars as part of the plan to bring about a single government that bosses all other around and does not care about each nations sovereignty and the rights of the people on those lands that are the very lifeblood that feeds the country. God designed humans to that we had to work the land to feed ourselves not have master enslave others so he can sit on his butt while others take commands. If you don't have a belief in justice or righteous rule by a God who is beyond this physical world (really a prison where people are forced to eat the # off the ground like worms and not meant to be a beautiful and loving existence but more like a punishment) then you probably won't understnad this whole good vs evil thing. A lot of brainwashed people on this forum seem to have issues with this concept. Maybe to excuse themselves of evil stuff they do in private each day?.
edit on 7-4-2012 by Snake Plisskin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
One thing to understand about the NWO is that those inside it believe they have the right to rule through conquering you and they get your consent through how their crap system works.

When you work outside their system you do not feed it. Problem is many people do not want to know why they are able to get away with it through their own consent to be subjected to their rule. If you are part of the corporation and benefit from it, you give up your rights and they turn into priviledges which means you have to ask them for rights and if they say no then you have to accept that as a member of that group.

The first thing is people need to break the need to rely on their system more and more and set an example for others to follow by exiting their system and taking responsibility.
www.usvsusa.com...

more and more of your tax is going to go towards weapons and fighting and less on positive things that produce something. They designed it so that competition between people of different lands would make people have to fight against each other but what did jesus teach? That you must love your neighbour and you see none of that. If everyone looked into the laws, studied teachings and lived by it you would not be in the mess you are in today where some people who don't have to do anything get rich off those that do. The reason for this is because tose that simply don't follow the good teachings have their own religion which is opposed to it and it is up to those who are good to fight the evil, not just sit back and hope that the evil teachings and the followers of those teachings simply vanish. And you can't do this without fighting. Your money and energy will only go towards feeding it.
Problem is the modern person is distracted by tv, the internet, and other things so they barely have enough free time in the day to think about freedom! And this is where you must sacrifice some of your comfort to obtain that freedom. That requires people who are smarter than you or more knowledgable but they can't be garuanteed to succeed if people are too scared to live by example and actually put what they know into practice.

If you just sit on your butt talking about stuff but continue to buy the products of the GMO, (instead of buying organic food) or watch tv (controlled by the illuminati) or think only of yourself (fighting for "MY FREEDOM" not the freedom of people everywhere) you will not succeed. You got to choose a side. Either the good or bad.
The bad guys are not countries but the bad system you are a part of when you feed it. Corporations (not all) have shareholders like you who only want more profits which get those profits acting in ways considered immoral. But since when did you care about morals when it did not benefit you? Most people are greedy! And that's why corporations are greedy because people who own shares want more more more!.

See you got to think about these things and how YOU were involved in it yourself and seek to change your whole life (start reading your bible kids) before you can have the right to whine about your world. Since you are a part of the world, you are responsible for how it is shaped. If there is say, a tyrant and you say "guns are bad", and then expect those who think guns are ok to defend you from invasions, (spilling their own blood for you) you have just contributed to the very thing you say you hate. (having no freedom to act independent from a nannystate)

Yes guns are bad when you are the victim of some robbery. But did you forget to think about why people feel secure with them too? People are generally very selfish. If the robber who jesus said we must turn the other cheek to is armed and you don't give him your earnings for the day in obedience to what is right, then you deserve to get shot if you didn't use a gun yourself to deter them from robbing you. A normal person who believes in peace would not want to kill people to prevent a crime. So what difference does it make to you if peace is obtain through tyranny (where you are unarmed and enslaved by an evil guy who offers you "protection" on your behalf) or through freedom fighting. (ie defending the land and your right to exist by being prepared to die for it)

People who do not want to take responsibility deserve to be enslaved.
edit on 7-4-2012 by Snake Plisskin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Shrugs..good thing about being a woman I get to change my mind..

Its not DHS pulling the triggers of the guns killing these kids...not DHS loading the mortars..driving the tanks or manning the helicopter gun ships, not DHS raping the girls... its individual marines...individual men who have individual consciences and individual capacities to make choices not to do these things..individual men that are individually accountable to law and conscience to make the *really* hard choices...men who are responsible for their own actions and choices and accountable for every person they murder.

Killing someone, when it is NOT self defence..is murder.

Stop that murder without conscience..and I will agree with you..dont stop that..everything else is abdication, lies and propoganda.

The reality of what goes on over there is that the opposition is just as guilty of killing their own citizens, road side bombs are often a culprit. But they also strap bombs to civilians and hide behind children.

Unfortunately in war their are always civilian casualties and I hardly agree that civilian deaths are in any way justified. But thats the sad reality of war.

Sounds to me your listening to all of the anti US propaganda, which is designed to make you angry, but to be fair you should do research on some of these incidents and look at both sides of the story and consider all the factors.

In any case the US is on Australian soil as allies. They are not there for nefarious reasons against the will of the Australian people and in fact if they did start taking australian casualties the American public would be outraged.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

The reality of what goes on over there is that the opposition is just as guilty of killing their own citizens, road side bombs are often a culprit. But they also strap bombs to civilians and hide behind children.

Unfortunately in war their are always civilian casualties and I hardly agree that civilian deaths are in any way justified. But thats the sad reality of war.

Sounds to me your listening to all of the anti US propaganda, which is designed to make you angry, but to be fair you should do research on some of these incidents and look at both sides of the story and consider all the factors.

In any case the US is on Australian soil as allies. They are not there for nefarious reasons against the will of the Australian people and in fact if they did start taking australian casualties the American public would be outraged.

So people are responsible for the US being in their country and bombing them into the dark ages..they're not permitted to fight back against the people who are murdering their children and decimating their lands and if they do they're 'terrorists' and deserve to be murdered. Ok...perpetual blame the victim..sounds legit!

Did it occur to you that if this ILLEGAL war never took place and the US had stayed home and respected life and international law, these deaths wouldnt have occured at all?

Do remember you wrote this when its your turn..there's nothing truer in life than "what goes around comes around".

The politics of corrupted officals aside...the US soldiers here are not my allies..my allies broker peace and build stuff... they dont make war. These troops ARE here for nefarious reasons..to use our nation as a launch pad for wars and spying on our neighbours...thats nefarious enough for me.

Forgive me if I dont rely on American 'outrage'.....I see its amazing power to change the world for the better so often around the world that I am simply overwhelmed.

Ro

edit on 9-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
reply to post by squandered

Australia is a colony but only by choice, you can change that and not subject yourself to that if you don't want to. Hell, we didn't like an other nation ruling us, and they haven't for quite some time. In the end it's up to your people.

I'm not sure what you are responding to but Australia is a colony in name only - as far as sovereignty goes. I don't imagine anybody who hasn't studied the Australian legal / political system would understand the intricacies, but it's clear that Australia and the UK have amazingly positive relationship.

If Australia wasn't allied with the countries that share many common values the country would have long since been swallowed up... and squandered. It would not be Australia.

Having the UK as part of the flag is "in your face" to some of our neighbors, but as expected, after so long with Australia not going anywhere fast, our neighbours understand the actual realities very well.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

They are not there to spy on your neighbors, if they were they would have sent the CIA in that case you would have other things to worry about.

Americans build all type of things. They are the most inventive as capitalism allows such a thing. If I had it my way we would be spreading capitalism everywhere and every land would be part of the United States. In that case, you would be lucky. But that is not the case.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patifier
Seems like they are going after China:

U.S. and allies move to counter Chinese power

SINGAPORE — The pieces of a new strategic kaleidoscope in the Asia-Pacific region are starting to fall into place as allies and security partners of the United States seek to deter China from using or threatening force to achieve its expansive aims, particularly in the South China Sea, which forms the maritime heart of Southeast Asia.

A contingent of about 200 U.S. Marines will soon arrive in Darwin, northern Australia. They are the forerunners of a bigger force of up to 2,500 marines agreed in November by leaders of the two allies.

Japanese media isn't trustworthy. I think we all know that by now.

Maybe a kernel of truth, if in case Japan has convinced it's allies to destroy China. Japan is a nationalistic country and twisting the truth always occurs when there is an end-game in mind.

The thing is, Japan's intent was mixed with India and the US who were planning to contain China together. Australia backed away from the agreement leaving their plans in disarray.

You'll find Australia is cooperating with China better than India and Japan these days.

Not that China isn't bullying it's neighbours. They are doing everything they can to sure up certain resources. They will become a major threat in the future - at least on some some level, and regardless of what people like to think, this can't be stopped and it's better to get along with them while you can.

As for annoying them, boo-hoo. China's politic always make useless comments that they can't back up. (As would Japan).

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

FWIW

More than one or two well connected Chinese blokes insisted . . . in-country

that

China expected/would invade and take over Australia . . . essentially . . . within our lifetime.

I'm 65 years old.

They see that they have the population needing the space.
They believe that this is THE CHINESE CENTURY if not the CHINESE MILLENIUM

and

that it is THEIR JUST DUE

to rule the world for a good long time.

They expect to use technology to make Australia's deserts bloom for their needy population.

They don't really have a problem with wiping out 20 million Aussies.

All for the Chinese Motherland.

All for the Chinese culture and people.

Many of them are exceedingly ethnocentric, on the whole.

Now whether the globalists will allow China to carry such out . . . remains to be seen. There's likely room for plenty of cross and double cross on such scores.

However, the Chinese can imagine losing 800 million Chinese lives and STILL being on top of the smoldering heap at the end of WW 3 and thereby ruling the world.

Personally, I'm skeptical that if we sent all our Marines to Oz that it would be enough to help Australia sufficiently.

I just think that our Marxist President wants them out of the way so they can't defend the USA when China invades California, Ore, Wash and through the Mexican border.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Rosha

They are not there to spy on your neighbors, if they were they would have sent the CIA in that case you would have other things to worry about.

Yes, they are. The next plan is to build a drone base for spying. It's public knowledge.

They don't need to spy on Australia. That's not being used as an argument here, is it? (hmm)

As far as spying goes, USA and Australia have spies all over the shop. Why wouldn't we? Everybody else does.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Spying is not particularly the business of marines, which was the basis of this thread.

They get their hands dirty and bloody. They are the front men, if anything they are there to repel an attack on Aussies. That said 2500 is not very many. Most are getting shipped off to Afghanistan, so as an Aussie you should be happy to have them.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Spying is not particularly the business of marines, which was the basis of this thread.

They get their hands dirty and bloody. They are the front men, if anything they are there to repel an attack on Aussies. That said 2500 is not very many. Most are getting shipped off to Afghanistan, so as an Aussie you should be happy to have them.

As you might have guessed despite your conceited 'shoulds', I am not happy to 'have them' and as it seems you are..please 'have them' right back.

The biggest problem the US faces now isnt China or anyone else..is its own actions, it own self. Crying wolf all around the globe about mass destruction weapons 'terrorists' and dictators etc...means that when one really does come to bite you..and one will eventually...no one will be left to believe a word you say.

That 'tune out' has already begun..people are already tuning out to the lies of perpetual warmongers big oil big war and big corp....already not trusting whats being fed them via corrupt media and internet trolls..and without trust there cant be a relationship between people like me and the military in any form.

If there is a threat to the US then as far as I can see, its because the US in its own choices of internal and external policy, by its own actions and reactions has chosen it..has created it...and so, is responsible and accountable for it.

Being its creators..being capeable as any other people of choice, means that anytime you decide to, you can choose differently. If you choose, you can diffuse it and in that there are many millions of options other than war.

Just dont use my backyard, risk my and my sons lives or my nations future because you refuse to step up and do that hard work or refuse that accountability for your own actions. You dont have the 'right' to choose for us...to place us at risk. You claim it at your own peril.

Ro.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Well I can agree with you somewhat there. But I did not send them there and I don't agree about them being there necessarily either.

Judging by your post you seem a bit calmer now, which is a good thing I imagine.

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join