Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Australia " peacefully invaded" by 2500 Marines.

page: 1
37
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Link1:
www.theaustralian.com.au...

Link 2:
www.news.com.au...


Tried to search if this was already a topic ..couldnt see it.

As an Australian I am livid about this 'peace and stability' deployment and just dont get why my fellow countrymen have fallen asleep to the big lie and allowed it to happen right under their noses.
While only 200 are here now as advanced guard, they plan to bring 2500 here by the end of the year. figures have said up to 32K will eventually be here on a rotating bases.

China is already pissed, our main trading partner btw..and Indonesia is pissed..Malyasia is pissed...and I dont blame them..this is an act of aggressive intent.

This deployment will eventually bring war to our doorstep and our region and undermine every effort we've made since Vietnam to work with our regional trading partners in good faith and friendship....this only slaps those efforts in the face.

The article also lies when it says no US bases are here already . There are 86 ( this makes 87) US bases of operations linked to the US military already on our soil.

This is about the US's war with China nothing less and our own government selling us out as a people..its sickening. The article in link 2 even goes so far as to call it a ' peaceful invasion' outright...and while our 'leaders' are hurrying to say " its not a base" Obama doesnt seem to be thinking the same thing...Link 3:
www.nytimes.com...

This is about US resource wars. This is about US access to the South China Sea and our nation being used as a lackey.


Not going down without a fight..



Ro




edit on 3-4-2012 by Rosha because: typos




posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha
 



Mate why wouldnt our government sell us out to the USA? Theyve sold us out to just about anyone with a dollar. Just look at all the farmland being brought by China.

Everything this current government touches turns to crap.



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha


This is about the US's war with China nothing less and our own government selling us out as a people..

This is about US resource wars. This is about US access to the South China Sea and our nation being used as a lackey.


Of course. I agree with all of that. Looks like the us has out bid china. I remember china was looking to move into australia also.



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!
I don't get it either.
Why we have 2500 Marines in OZ is beyond me.
Oh wait, there is Pine Gap. And Darwin is about 1000 miles North of Pine Gap.
It would take less than 20 minutes by F-35 to get there.
I wonder if something is going on at Pine Gap?



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Dont worry , worst case scenario ..... your government needs outside help because your own forces wont round you up into death camps and shoot you if you dont "obey".
Best case scenario .... your country is being used as a base camp for the final push on Russia China and Japan ----- all at once , as soon as Iran is in flames.

Happy days

Buy a gun FFS !!



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott
 



Being a 'port of call' for the chinese navy is very different to landing on shore for long term "exercises" designed to 'shape' our region. WE DONT NEED REGION SHAPING THANKS !

We were ALREADY shaping our region through goodwill and collaboative effort - by ourselved for ourselves and in our own best interests. Who the f*ck do these people think they are? They have NO right to come in and dictate what our foreign policy should be! OUR LEADERS ARE BOUGHT PIGS!

""Executive director of the Australian Defence Association, Neil James, said "I honestly don't think people are going to notice much, particularly in the early years""

Remember that....as with that there is no doubt that we have just offically lost our national soverignty.

I am sick to death of groups like # OccupyMarines etc who are linked with the OWS movement going on and on about marine corp "honour" .. while their comrades keep on invading nations for US resource wars.....this is not honorable...nothing will ever convince me of that.

US MARINES OUT!



Ro
edit on 3-4-2012 by Rosha because: typo



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RockLobster
 


Our population was disarmed many years ago...


This is about US having access to the South China Sea for the first time since Vietnam..its not just us who should be worried, if they start another Vietnam here its you who will be drafted to come here en mass and be deployed from our shores to go kill kong again.

I am almost glad my brother died in the last Vietnam war...he'd never have coped with this news.


Ro
edit on 3-4-2012 by Rosha because: typos



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha
reply to post by emberscott
 



Being a 'port of call' for the chinese navy is very different to landing on shore for long term "exercises" designed to 'shape' our region. WE DONT NEED REGION SHAPING THANKS !

We were ALREADY shaping our region through goodwill and collaboative effort - by ourselved for ourselves and in our own best interests. Who the f*ck do these people think they are? They have NO right to come in and dictate what our foreign policy should be! OUR LEADERS ARE BOUGHT PIGS!

""Executive director of the Australian Defence Association, Neil James, said "I honestly don't think people are going to notice much, particularly in the early years""
Remember that....as with that there is no doubt that we have just offically lost our national soverignty.
I am sick to death of groups like # OccupyMarines etc who are linked with the OWS movement going on and on about marine corp "honour" .. while their comrades keep on invading nations for US resource wars.....this is not honorable...nothing will ever convince me of that.
US MARINES OUT!

Ro
edit on 3-4-2012 by Rosha because: typo


Mr Obama, bring our troops home from Australia



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha
 


It was the goddamned drop bears. They were fearful the humans would rise up against them so they infiltrated the government and banned guns. Now the only recourse the Australian people have are Kangaroo launchers, and they have a helluva kick.

I would be more concerned for you guys over there, but I thought it was pretty standard to let troops from other countries stay (I thought the US housed tons of foreign troops a times for training). I don't think 2500 Marines threatens any other country at all. Realistically, what could they possibly do?

I miss the Australian dude I used to know that would convince everyone 'drop bears' were some serious threat to peoples well being.
Is that a 'thing' you guys do to mess with people or was he just a weirdo?



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha
 


Australia is now firmly occupied by the USA, I even saw a news article yesterday in which America will begin sending US workers to take the jobs Australians could work. It seems they are attempting to colonise us...

www.news.com.au...



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1
 


Its not going to stay at 2500 - they already plan up to 32k here and they are not just coming for exercises and leaving they are STAYING!

That is an invasion, that is called a 'foothold', that is a threat to our nations soverignty and places us at increasing risk of extremist attack..

WE DONT WANT YOU HERE!

That alone should be enough..but we had NO SAY in your arrival and wont ever get one.

And as for numbers..Ive seen what one f*cked up marine can do with his weapons just recently when he shot 17civillians for fun thanks... NO THANK YOU!


Ro



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1
 


No he would not have been screwing with you, drop bears are very real and very dangerous.



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26
 


Yep they are doing to us what they did to Argentina.
I am digusted by our so called leaders...ashamed to be here..and sad there is no where left now..'uninvaded' in the world by big money or big guns.
Our treasure was that we COULD have many people of many nations here in relative peace..we wont have that now.,,not for much longer as race rage will take over usuing these troops as a trigger.

Desperately sad....Australia was the last open and 'safe place' on the planet for people seeking refuge from the wars...thats gone now.

Ro



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha
 





they already plan up to 32k here and they are not just coming for exercises and leaving they are STAYING!


Oh. My reading comprehension and attention span are both off tonight so I seem to have glazed over that part. 32k is a very different thing. So is staying indefinitely. Perhaps you should start a petition and I'm not saying that to be a smart mouth. I'd be pissed if I lived there too.



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha
 


Without getting into anything about the past..WWII or that whole line of thought... I'm not sure it can be called invading when they were as much asked for as asked about. I mean our leader and Australia's leader didn't debate this for CSPAN so we have no clue what deals or what agreements went into this...just that the Aussie Government Leadership is as onboard as the Pentagon is with sending them.

By the way... What can 2,500 marines ever do for Australia in terms of defense?? The Korean DMZ is a tripwire force and even they know it...with numbers FAR greater than that and all the hardware in place to back it up.

I'd note...there is someplace 2,500 marines COULD do the same work as a full division. After all....when no one has guns, those who do are Gods among men. There aren't many guns on that big landmass to your South...are there? Can't base troops there either...can we? We CAN park them as close as humanly possible for a fast airlift onto the Ice with almost no notice though...and Australia is the ONLY place close enough and with Diplomatic conditions to allow for it as an option. Oh Well.. Crazy times we live in.



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha
reply to post by Domo1
 


Its not going to stay at 2500 - they already plan up to 32k here and they are not just coming for exercises and leaving they are STAYING!

That is an invasion, that is called a 'foothold', that is a threat to our nations soverignty and places us at increasing risk of extremist attack..

WE DONT WANT YOU HERE!

That alone should be enough..but we had NO SAY in your arrival and wont ever get one.

And as for numbers..Ive seen what one f*cked up marine can do with his weapons just recently when he shot 17civillians for fun thanks... NO THANK YOU!


Ro


2500 * 17 = 42,500

Yes you have sound reason to worry.



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Rosha
 


Without getting into anything about the past..WWII or that whole line of thought... I'm not sure it can be called invading when they were as much asked for as asked about. I mean our leader and Australia's leader didn't debate this for CSPAN so we have no clue what deals or what agreements went into this...just that the Aussie Government Leadership is as onboard as the Pentagon is with sending them.

By the way... What can 2,500 marines ever do for Australia in terms of defense?? The Korean DMZ is a tripwire force and even they know it...with numbers FAR greater than that and all the hardware in place to back it up.

I'd note...there is someplace 2,500 marines COULD do the same work as a full division. After all....when no one has guns, those who do are Gods among men. There aren't many guns on that big landmass to your South...are there? Can't base troops there either...can we? We CAN park them as close as humanly possible for a fast airlift onto the Ice with almost no notice though...and Australia is the ONLY place close enough and with Diplomatic conditions to allow for it as an option. Oh Well.. Crazy times we live in.




This is about intimidating China and Indonesia...it has nothing to do with Australian defense...Australian defense rested upon good relationships and collborative effort..mutual respect and trade...this is about making war..making fear..playing big brother to a nation that doesnt need and never aked for one..this is about ensuring the Australian people know they are powerless to stop the US war machine and keep us in check..this is about MONEY BANKERS AND LIES.

You cant 'fight' for peace..you can onylbe peaceful..and until today..we were..peaceful..we built things..we created peace...

That ship..is now sinking...HOORAH marines :/ hoo bloody rah.


Ro
edit on 3-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't think that the US Marines are there to colonize Australia, but its a complicated situation and I think the era of colonizing is over.

In any case Aussies, I would not fear the Marines as I don't think they would be hostile towards Australians.

I don't agree with them being there either, but if it was a military decision and not a decision by Obama, rest assured that they are only there as a counter to communist China whom I've heard has also been occupying the outback.

Anyhow I am not there so if any of this information is not accurate feel free to set me straight.

Oh and OP no place is safe.



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Rosha
 



By the way... What can 2,500 marines ever do for Australia in terms of defense?? The Korean DMZ is a tripwire force and even they know it...with numbers FAR greater than that and all the hardware in place to back it up.



Well lets see, one American soldier managed to slaughter over 20 people last month. I'm sure 2,500 soon to grow to 35k in the coming years will ensure they firmly keep the population in line.

I remember reading a university report which was released back in the 1980s that stated the biggest threat to Australian sovereignty was America, how right it was...



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
I think the era of colonizing is over.



Wow, you really believe that?

You need to open your eyes, colonization is more prevalent today than at any point of time in history, it only takes different forms and guises etc, "multiculturism" and "corporations" and my favourite of them all "AID".





new topics

top topics



 
37
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join