It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is Going After Sheriff Joe…Shocking!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Funny how my thread showing republicans intolerance for the minorities, gays and women gets shut down but this one is allowed to go on. 

There are clearly hate filled replies on this thread...yet no closure of thread. 

Hey Springer..do the rules apply for everyone?

Please stop appealing to authority in an attempt to derail my thread. Just because you didn't do it right and got yours shut down doesn't give you the right to attack mine. 

Nothing I've said here falls outside of the guidelines set forth by the MODS or site owners; if it did they would have handled it. As far as other posters, they're big boys and girls and are accountable for their own words. If something is out of line it will be removed. 

edit on 5-4-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by Annee

Annee, that source of your's,, Please!

I've been a permanent resident for 20+ years.

I've followed Sheriff Joe and his escapades from the beginning.

You aren't the only one from Arizona.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

To be truthful with you, Really Close The Borders Down and Crime would go down.

This one statement shows where you stand in support of Sheriff Joe.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Yeah close the borders and crime will go down...because we all know before illegal immigration...crime was unknown to the US or Arizona..

In fact you rarely ever heard of crime before immigration..

Do conservatives live in a dream world or what...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

My thread was done properly no hate...just examples of how the Republicans(conservatives) are a hate filled racist bunch and these facts could be researched and validated.

If they closed my thread due to the content of the ATS posters replies...then fine...then yours should be as well.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Republicans(conservatives) are a hate filled racist bunch

No More If Not Less Hate Filled Than You!

Now please try and stay on topic,,,,,Look at Annee and myself, two complete opposites, but we are respectful and decent.
The topic is about Sheriff Joe and how some people don't like his tactics and some ( like me ) do.
Maricopa County has many other Police Departments other than the Sheriffs Office.
Call some one else.
edit on 5-4-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2012 by guohua because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
We actually need more Sheriff Joes in this country. I applaude the man, for over looking the race baiters BS he has to deal with. The fact is , the damn border needs to be seal up for so many other reason then just crime in AZ

edit on 5-4-2012 by rjenkins410 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Yeah close the borders and crime will go down...because we all know before illegal immigration...crime was unknown to the US or Arizona..

I can't speak for America, but I will say this. Crime has always been in every country, but often the severity of crimes committed by immigrants from often hostile regions/countries is far worse and on a more frequent scale, than what a country's own people are used to. In Britain, murder, rape and violent armed robbery is all on the increase in areas where there are high numbers of immigrant communities. You could say this is because these areas are often poor, but due to the mass uncontrolled influx, these people are being spread out to the suburbs and guess what, the same crime levels are started to be seen there.
America is vast and I don't know much about the state of your public services, what I do know is that its not just crime that is affected by mass immigration, across all public services including health care and education, the affects are being seen over here.
I was never against immigration in relation to people coming here to work, but due to the uncontrolled influx and the strained public services and current high unemployment, I am totally against it.
As I said, I don't know how things are in America and may be you yourself don't realise how things are in these areas, but believe me, to think that mass uncontrolled immigration is beneficial is wrong. One thing history has shown us is that the inevitable scenerio is conflict, it starts localised and becomes nationwide. I might be wrong about present day America, may be you are all rich enough and resources great enough to handle the strain, if so, good luck to you, but if you are anything like over here, then thinking that immigration isn't a problem is living a dream world.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Do some research before proclaiming arapio your savior

www.phoenixnewtimes.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Technically they're suing the MCSO. They're also not suing them for any reason other than they broke the law. As I said the DoJ have been trying to get Arpaio to settle out of court but he has not agreed to any of their offers. So now Arpaio's constituency are going to be the ones to pay as the suit will most likely result in the removal of a large deal of federal funding from the MCSO.

Arpaio's team did not break any law, while Obama obviously broke the law by lying about where Obama is born. You do know there are lots of lawsuits against Obama, right? Did you also know that George W. Bush Jr. was sued for ordering the attacks on the Twin Towers? Did you also know that it was Prescott Bush who reportedly financed Hitler's war campaign? Let me tell you something... ( Bill Clinton: >>I'd have sexual relationship with that woman Ms. Lewinsky, i told anybody to lie

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Yeah close the borders and crime will go down...because we all know before illegal immigration...

I agree it's a known fact that crime increased since more and more illegals came, it's all over the world, not only in the United States. Unfortunately, it's also a known fact that even more illegals continue to cross the borders all over the world, and will probably continue.

crime was unknown to the US or Arizona...

Take a look at for example "Mississippi Burning", and if you go further back in time the Southern states used black people as slaves to work in cotton fields, then came the Civil War (1861–1865), yeah, the Civil War, a conflict between North- and South- mainly on the issue of slavery, the slaves were bred like horses, the Southern States sold and treated their slaves worse than animals, the slaves were often beated and whipped!
The Native American Indian tribes did commit crime and war against each other some times, long before Columbus discovered the American Continent, the Indians lived on the American Continent several thousands of years before Columbus and Hernán Cortés discovered the American Continent, there were some encounters with indians in the beginning, George Armstrong Custer became one of the heroes of the Civil War, The Battle of the Little Bighorn were General Custer and his soldiers were killed in the worst US military disaster ever. But of course the Indians could not prevent the several European settlers to settle down in the American continent and moved the Indians into Indian Reservations.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

I've posted the DoJ's report on the MCSO in here on page 3. Feel free to go read it and you can see what laws the MCSO broke, including the actions they took that were unconstitutional. Pretty much everything else in your post was off topic.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Take the emotional crap out of this. Joe has beed investigated since his first term. Out of the fifty or so attempts to remove him from office zero have neen successful. The obama administration is after him for(publicly anyway) for profiliing latinos. Joe should be profiling, he has a real illegal immigration problem which stems from being on the mexican border. 99% of the illegals there are latino so common sense says focus on them. Sure he treats criminals like dirt and I'm fine with that. Some say that the cold case posse was implemented to get him reelected. He has been elected for five straight terms and never had a real challenge. He doesnt need the help. Regardless of obamas intentions the timing of this gives the appearance of payback. Joe gave the selective service thirty days before he goes the warrant route. Immediately after holder comes after him. If holder went after him and obama complied with requests from a duly elected law enforcement officer investigating election fraud, then I would have no problems. But obama ducking the issue while coming after Joe gives the appearance of impropriety. We can have that from our president regardless of what he thinks of joe. As of now joe is an elected sheriff investigating election fraud in his county and state. And the president dismisses him. It sends a bad message. I am a libertarian who didn't think very highly of the birther movement. However, what joe found requires an explanation by the president. Continue prosecuting joe, the facts will come out in court but in turn respond to joe's requests.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
One last thing. Why does everyone seem to think its an either or thing with holder's charges and joe's allegations against obama? The two are not mutually exclusive. Obama should be investigated because of what the cold case posse found. No president would want voters wondering if he is a legit us citizen. And joe needs to answer the allegations against him as well. There are instances where he appears to be working outside the law. That doesn't affect the validity of his claims against obama.

Everyone here should drop the partisan crap. All elected officials who have any evidence of wrongdoing should be looked at. Considering they are running the us into the ground no elected official should be above reproach.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Pretty much everything else in your post was off topic.

Nope, not off topic at all, go back and read my post again... www.reuters.com... were it states:

The sheriff has steadfastly denied any wrongdoing and lashed out at the Obama administration for targeting his department and failing to deal with the problem of illegal immigration with some 11.5 million believed to be in the United States.

In a strongly worded statement on Tuesday, Arpaio said the appointment of a monitor would force him to abdicate responsibility for his police force, including decisions about policies, operations, jail programs and enforcement.

"To the Obama administration, who is attempting to strong arm me into submission only for its political gain, I say: This will not happen, not on my watch!" Arpaio said in the statement.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Political trolling much?
Put the guard on the boarder let
the sheriff do his job, stop hassling
the man for doing a good job..
That is what is wrong with this country
everyone giving people who do a good job
a hard time. Now they are looking to trump up
charges on this poor guy because the commie
machine is in full motion none stop on taking
out the GOP and any sheriff that gets in the way
of their agenda.. Sad day indeed

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

As I cannot make a one word comment guohua... then I say BINGO... close the border...
STARS

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
reply to post by seabag

Do some research before proclaiming arapio your savior

www.phoenixnewtimes.com...

Ahhhhh... lol... come on drock... I read this mag all the time for places to dine and music... but New Times is as extreme a left wing liberal magazine and anti-Arpaio as any media in the country.

By no stretch of the imagination could the New Times be considered a reliable source for non biased information...

edit on 5-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Edit

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

People on this very thread have stated that folks have been going after Joe in some form for 20 years. 

I think all of these charges are frivolous. The pro-illegal immigration crowd will do or say anything to get what they want (open borders) and Joe is a huge inconvenience to them. 

The fact is that none of this would be an issue if only the FED would do it's job and enforce our immigration laws so Joe wouldn't be in this position. 

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The Maricopa sheriff jumped on the birther bandwagon to distract from his mounting legal troubles. His birther "findings" were nothing more than rehashed Corsi/WND nonsense.

It was suggested that as soon as Arpaio launched his "posse" it was designed to make him a martyr when the lawsuits and civil rights violations caught up to him.

Arpaio’s interest in “exposing” Obama is purely political.

From 2009:
Finally, the Law Goes After Joe Arpaio -- the Most Abusive Sheriff In America

Sheriff Arpaio has repeatedly demonstrated disregard for the rights of Hispanics in the Phoenix metropolitan area. Under the guise of immigration enforcement, his staff has conducted raids in residential neighborhoods in a manner condemned by the community as racial profiling. On February 4, 2009, Arpaio invited the media to view the transfer of immigrant detainees to a segregated area of his "tent city" jail, subjecting the detainees to public display and "ritual humiliation." Persistent actions such as these have resulted in numerous lawsuits; while Arpaio spends time and energy on publicity and his reality television show, "Smile, You're Under Arrest!", Maricopa County has paid millions of dollars in settlements involving dead or injured inmates.

"Law enforcement is not a game or a reality show, it is a public trust," said Scott. "There is no excuse for callous indifference to the rights of the residents of Arizona, whether in their neighborhoods or as pretrial detainees."

Read a rundown on all of Arpaio's failings in this article:
Sheriff Joe Arpaio -- Called the Most Discriminatory, Corrupt Sheriff in U.S. History -- Will Run for Reelection

The Department of Justice, after a three-year investigation, release a report that said Arpaio runs the most discriminatory and corrupt Sheriff's Office in U.S. history.

Arpaio botched more than 400 sex crimes, some committed on children as young as two. In El Mirage, a Phoenix suburb within his jurisdiction, he was told about the molestations three years ago, but failed to investigate or prosecute even one.

An investigation into the Munnell Memo, a scathing indictment of Arpaio's Office by former Deputy Frank Munnell, l ed to the firing of Arpaio's Chief Deputy and two other key aides. The memo alleged cronyism, racism, embezzlement, and other unethical behavior.

Unlike every other county in Arizona, which saw crime rates decline, Arpaio's Maricopa County saw an increase in crime, which has been the case for several years. Good job there, Joe. He has more important things to do, like assemble a posse to investigate President Obama's birth certificate, or raid cock fights in a tank with Steven Seagal.

Arpaio continued his reputation for beating and even killing inmates in his custody. Just last month Marty Atencio was Tasered to death. The Gulf War veteran's family will likely file a lawsuit, as they should, joining more than 6,300 other cases against the Sheriff's Office. The $50 million that Arpaio has cost county taxpayers in lawsuits, by far the most in the nation, will increase significantly. A list of other lawsuits in 2011 would fill another diary.

Arpaio's former County Attorney, Andrew Thomas, went to trial after the Bar Association filed more than 30 ethics charges against him and two associates for the vindictive lawsuits that Arpaio and Thomas leveled against their political enemies.

The list just goes on and on.

Arpaio is a corrupt human being, and he only launched the 'cold-case posse' to distract from his failings as a sheriff and to play the martyr" when his legal troubles catch up to him.

"Oh they only went after me because of my birther findings..." No Joe, they went after you for violating the rights of citizens and failing to uphold the law in your county.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join