It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t Take the Bait – The Race Bait – It’s the Oldest Trick in the Book

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Oh, I understand. You make a thread about people who are "vocal" about (insert race) on black crime, but not vise a versa. Okay, well you probably have an argument there.

However, what I find offensive is you seem to be taking words of a few individuals and broad stroking it on to entire populations.

You admittedly don’t know anything about Sharpton, racial issues in the US of A, or the significance of the race baiting and misreporting of facts going on, so I fail to see how we can hold a discussion on the topic. Start by reading the OP and all of the subsequent info and videos I’ve posted. Follow that with a quick search of the Watts riots, the LA Riots of 92’, the civil rights movement, Dr. King, current events like Trayvon Martin, etc.

Come back when you have even a shred of knowledge to dispute anything I’ve said.

edit on 1-4-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Putting aside the Martin case for a moment - let's talk just about race baiting and Sharpton and Jackson's history. You'd think they'd learn from the past to let the facts come out first.

In 1987, a 15-year-old black girl named Tawana Brawley went missing and was found four days later covered in dog feces and with racial slurs written on her body. She claimed that at least two and possibly six white men, one of them carrying a badge, had repeatedly raped her in the woods in upstate New York.

Sharpton took up Brawley's cause and defended her refusal to cooperate with prosecutors, saying that asking her to meet with New York's attorney general (who had been asked by Gov. Mario Cuomo to supervise the investigation) would be like "asking someone who watched someone killed in the gas chamber to sit down with Mr. Hitler."

According to the Associated Press, Sharpton and Brawley's lawyers asserted "on 33 separate occasions" that a local prosecutor named Steven Pagones "had kidnapped, abused and raped" Brawley.

There was no evidence, and Pagones was soon cleared. The case fizzled when a security guard for Brawley's lawyers testified that the lawyers and Sharpton knew Brawley was lying.

www.slate.com...

topics.nytimes.com...

And then there's the Duke lacrosse scandal -

www.coverups.com...
edit on 1-4-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

This site is the FIRST to expose the details of EVERY relevant story.

April Fools!!!!

Day
edit on 1-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You admittedly don’t know anything about Sharpton, racial issues in the US of A, or the significance of the race baiting and misreporting of facts going on, so I fail to see how we can hold a discussion on the topic.

When did I admit to any of that stuff? All I admitted was that I have never heard Al Sharpton speak(I have still heard about him and read about him) and now I am suddenly ignorant on the topic of racial issues and misreporting facts?

That makes no sense seabag.

Start by reading the OP and all of the subsequent info and videos I’ve postd. Follow that with a quick search of the Watts riots, the LA Riots of 92’, the civil rights movement, Dr. King, current events like Trayvon Martin, etc.

No need, just because I have not listened to Mr. Sharpton does not mean i can not comprehend history and current events.

Come back when you have even a shred of knowledge to dispute anything I’ve said.

The problem of course is that you seem to believe that Mr. Sharpton is somehow that "Knowledge."

Yes, I know he is a hypocrite, so freaking what? He is one man who does NOT represent an entire population.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Are you claiming some magical knowledge OP? Or are you just so sure of yourself, you'd risk face to say what you feel, on a whim?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Putting aside the Martin case for a moment - let's talk just about race baiting and Sharpton and Jackson's history. You'd think they'd learn from the past to let the facts come out first.

I must be some kind of idiot, but people like that exist in all colors. Am I mistaken?

ETA: I am in NO WAY defending Sharpton and Jackson. I don't really care about them or their opinions.
edit on 1-4-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11
Having been adopted when I was a very young infant, I believe I am somewhat uniquely qualified to speak about prejudice. With no records regarding my heritage, I can say that I have what appears to be Hispanic or similar biological lineage, but was raised in a distinctly Caucasian home. My adoptive parents were born before 1930, and were part of a very different culture. Neither of them had the smallest bit of prejudice within them, but they had to learn not to use certain words, phrases, and inferences. I was taught that any form of prejudice was among the worst of sins, and therefore grew up with many friends of many races completely unaware they were any different from me.

Continued.......

Very well said, samstone11. It’s great to hear someone with your perspective weigh in. Race baiters from ALL SIDES need to stop it if we’re ever going to claim to be a racially tolerant nation. Unfortunately it appears that the most prominent race baiters in the entire country right now tend to be of one particular persuasion, and THE MOST prominent is a student of Black Liberation Theology who happens to live in the White House and hold the title POTUS. I think MOST of the non-black people who voted for Obama did so because they hoped to quell the racial divide in this country.

How’s that working out, folks?? Maybe you should pay attention and do some damn homework about the candidate rather voting your PC conscious.

Call it what it is, people!! This is the point of this thread!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Race baiter.

Look at yourself and consider your "evidence"

You'll see that which you despise.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I must be some kind of idiot, but people like that exist in all colors.

Of course they do, but very few others are as able to garner the media attention (and the following) that these two do - the MSM is no innocent in this.

Bottom line - they are both very irresponsible about what they defend and should be looked at as poor role models. Instead, they are viewed as heroes. The question everyone should be asking is why? And I'm thinking that's the point of this thread.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I've been staying out of the Zimmerman threads. This case is nothing more than raw rotting meat being thrown out to attract the race-baiting blue bottle flies, and to provide a distraction to keep us from noticing something else. It's being blown entirely out of proportion, and being tried in the court of public opinion, rather than in a court of law where such cases ought to be tried.

"Justice" is not served by a lynch mob mentality, and I don't give a rat's ass what color the lynch mob is. Lynch mobs are lynch mobs, and that is exactly what the race-baiters are whistling up. I've heard "bounties" being offered for Zimmerman "dead or alive", as if the NBPP has any such authority. I've heard calls for "justice", ignoring the fact that the case was investigated and the DA's decision made based upon valid information rather than screams from a mob.

The lynch mob didn't like that decision, so they scream louder and call for blood.

That is not "justice", it's a decided lack thereof. It's an attempt to override justice and force it to bend to the will of the lynch mob.

Nathan Bedford Forest could have taken lessons in rabble-rousing from Jackson and Sharpton. They are nothing more than the Grand Dragons on the other side of the divide, promoting and perpetuating the division. Don't like my comparison? Tough. It is what it is, and the whole damned bunch of them on both sides of the fence can kiss my slick red ass.

The neighborhood I live in isn't the safest at the best of times, and I've noticed tensions rising even here. Fine. It's a "mixed" neighborhood, and the crime knows no color, nor does it respect any color. The guy who broke into my house and then scurried away at shotgun point a couple of years ago was lilly white. The two guys who tried to ambush me last Thursday were both black. In both cases, the color made no difference to me - the crime did. If they push hard enough, I'll just leave 'em to stay where they lay. After a couple of months all corpses are the same shade of bone.

Whenever the riots and mobs get to my door, we can all be the same shade of dead meat gray when they haul our carcasses away. It makes no difference at all to me what shade of the rainbow the participants started out as. They can send the funeral bills for the whole bunch of us to Jackson and Sharpton.

Spare me any inane prattling about "hate crimes". What a ridiculous notion! Where is the counter-point? When was the last time anyone was charged with a "love crime"? A victim will never be any deader because a perpetrator "hated" him. If you just can't stand being hated - and EVERYONE is, by someone - just move to Disneyland and hang out with Mickey and Goofy the rest of your days, and stop trying to foist off irrelevant BS onto the rest of us.

Want to know what this is REALLY about? Stop concentrating on the drama that the right hand is pointing the finger at, and look around to see what the left hand is doing while you're being distracted. That's the only way you'll ever notice it, if you intend to before it's too late.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Unfortunately it appears that the most prominent race baiters in the entire country right now tend to be of one particular persuasion, and THE MOST prominent is a student of Black Liberation Theology who happens to live in the White House and hold the title POTUS. I think MOST of the non-black people who voted for Obama did so because they hoped to quell the racial divide in this country.

How’s that working out, folks?? Maybe you should pay attention and do some damn homework about the candidate rather voting your PC conscious.

And now you've turned it into the race of Obama.

Race baiter!!!

Can you even stay on your own topic.

Oh wait, that is your topic.

Race.
edit on 2-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia

I must be some kind of idiot, but people like that exist in all colors.

Of course they do, but very few others are as able to garner the media attention (and the following) that these two do - the MSM is no innocent in this.

Bottom line - they are both very irresponsible about what they defend and should be looked at as poor role models. Instead, they are viewed as heroes. The question everyone should be asking is why? And I'm thinking that's the point of this thread.

I like this post. And I like you(Not in a gay way though).

Yes, why indeed? I honestly do not know. Maybe people find them amusing? Maybe a lot of people do in fact share their opinions? I personally do not call them heroes, but I do kind of understand their "positions".

Mr. Sharpton and Mr. Jackson grew up in a time where the civil rights movements were in full swing. It seems to me that this is a remnant of their childhood that they never got past. I don't know. But I would be willing to bet that most of the people who listen to(and agree with) them are older black folks. That is just a guess, of course.

edit on 2-4-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Wow don't twist my words like that. I meant weren't the people who committed these crimes arrested and tried? If so people don't tend to talk about cases beyond local when the judicial process seems to be working.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

The problem of course is that you seem to believe that Mr. Sharpton is somehow that "Knowledge."

Yes, I know he is a hypocrite, so freaking what? He is one man who does NOT represent an entire population.

Perhaps he doesn't represent an entire population, but he sure has a knack for whipping sizable portions of it into an irrational feeding frenzy.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Mr. Sharpton and Mr. Jackson grew up in a time where the civil rights movements were in full swing. It seems to me that this is a remnant of their childhood that they never got past. I don't know. But I would be willing to bet that most of the people who listen to(and agree with) them are older black folks. That is just a guess, of course.

I try to keep an open mind regarding that as it wasn't really so long ago. I just finished reading "The Help" - and I was SHOCKED. I try to imagine how very hard it was for people who lived through that time.

But, Jesse and Al have been proven wrong more than right and don't seem able to move past it. A true leader would look for the means for compromise, dialogue and understanding -- discussion. Not accusations.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Perhaps he doesn't represent an entire population, but he sure has a knack for whipping sizable portions of it into an irrational feeding frenzy.

Hmm, I don't know if that is exclusively their fault.

To say it is, is to undermine the complexity of the human condition.(Quote from another member, I don't remember who. Spacedog i think. Though, I agree with it)

Obviously, if they can stir the pot so much, then it is a symptom of the feelings of their listeners. Who themselves are flawed humans as well.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I try to keep an open mind regarding that as it wasn't really so long ago. I just finished reading "The Help" - and I was SHOCKED. I try to imagine how very hard it was for people who lived through that time.

It is, of course, hard for people to move past such things as well. I don't think that it is as simple as "We have equal rights now? All is forgiven and forgotten!".

But, Jesse and Al have been proven wrong more than right and don't seem able to move past it. A true leader would look for the means for compromise, dialogue and understanding -- discussion. Not accusations.

I agree, but there is a difference between being a true leader and being a charismatic focal point for a certain set of opinions. I digress, these guys do have an outdated way of thinking and so do their followers.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Al Sharpton is listened to by many people,of All minority's. Their are many points he makes that are good,but the "hustling" part is ingrained in his persona. I have family that stand hand in hand with this/his thinking. I don't subscribe to it,because its a old mantra. We,as minority's,have come a long way. If the youth today had jobs,then half the problems in the inner city's would be eliminated. If the youth today had real role models,FATHERS that would step up,you wouldn't have the lack of morals and principles..That is the dilemma of the minority.Those that stand on their soapbox,could bring more to the table. Those athletes that came from the same inner city's,should give more,lend a more vocal support for the black youth,the Latino youth,and even the poor white youth.NOT just wearing a "hoodie",in support of one black male,who has passed. We definitely need more love in the world......
edit on 2-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Sonny! Always a new avatar with you. Glad to see you posting in this thread.

I agree that children do need role models they can identify with. I wouldn't be able to tell you what it is like growing up with a father. But i imagine that those with fathers turn out more well rounded than I. My best role model growing up was ... I don't know... Goku? I think having a father to teach you is probably a good thing.

I think that, by large, the problem with absent fathers is that their fathers were absent as well. Thus, they never learned how to be one. I don't know, that's just a guess.

Anyways, nice to see you.
edit on 2-4-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Hmm, I don't know if that is exclusively their fault.

To say it is, is to undermine the complexity of the human condition.(Quote from another member, I don't remember who. Spacedog i think. Though, I agree with it)

Obviously, if they can stir the pot so much, then it is a symptom of the feelings of their listeners. Who themselves are flawed humans as well.

Of course it's entirely his fault. We all make our own decisions on what we say and how we say it. We decide, individually, whether or not to play into and play up those insecurities that may be present in a population - whether to fan the flames or turn a water hose on them.

No one makes his decisions and puts words into his mouth other than Sharpton himself. He's been given a national soapbox, and this is what he does with it. This is not an isolated instance, or the only example of his divisive rhetoric. This is what he does. Trayvon and the like are his cash-cattle, and mean not another damned thing to him beyond what he can drum up in the Department of Divisions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join