It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t Take the Bait – The Race Bait – It’s the Oldest Trick in the Book

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Fair enough, I guess.

Let me clear something up though:

You do agree that it is Mr. Sharpton's fault for misusing his soapbox along with his listeners fault for buying into it?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

I think that, by large, the problem with absent fathers is that their fathers were absent as well. Thus, they never learned how to be one. I don't know, that's just a guess.

Always a pleasure Tsuki.....

I want to comment on that part of the post. You are absolutely right on that. There is the problem. Leaders,those with power should be setting the standard,promoting HEAVILY in mentoring programs,not photo ops,or a visit to a local inner city school.Imagine, if those that are standing on solid ground,those that came from even decent backgrounds,or a well off,took the actual time to spend with ONE child,who has nothing . I have been apart of the Big brothers/Big Sisters for a while. I have been involved with father advocacy groups also.Its not hard. A couple weekends a month,a phone call a day. Help,that can easily be given. The soapbox these people stand on is the biggest of them all,garnering millions. Whats an easier message ? No Justice,no Peace,or lets help each other out,our sisters and brothers,our children? I think you know which one I believe in.......
edit on 2-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Fair enough, I guess.

Let me clear something up though:

You do agree that it is Mr. Sharpton's fault for misusing his soapbox along with his listeners fault for buying into it?

Let me chime in. I believe that their are many that listen,and stand together with him,because hes the only one that is allowed that "box",and hes the only one that is willing to stand on it . Give me the money that some of these athletes have,and you would see it well spent.............Hell,I would probably be broke.As it should be.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Yes. People are susceptible to being "whipped up", but ultimately, their decisions to forego rationality and critical thought and become "followers" are their own decisions.

The decisions of the "followers" to follow are no less their own decisions than the decisions of the "leaders" to mislead.

I've not had any direct experience with Sharpton, but I have had with Jackson. He tried to enlist me in his "Rainbow Coalition" in the early 90's. I refused the invitation, on several attempts, specifically because I was able to think for myself, and he was not leading in any direction I thought it prudent to follow.

There are a number of things that could be done with this situation to promote an improvement of life for a lot of people, and sadly all that's being done is to ratchet up MORE division - in an election year, no less - MORE mistrust, and ultimately MORE poverty.

Opening dialog would go a lot farther in honoring the memory of a dead youth than agitating for yet more blood.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I agree, sonny. More people should be getting involved in mentoring underprivileged youth.

I also, maybe kinda, agree that Mr. Sharpton and Mr. Jackson have so many ""Followers" because they feel that these men take up issues they care about when no one else seems willing to.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I agree with everything you said.
edit on 2-4-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

And now you've turned it into the race of Obama. 

Race baiter!!! 

Can you even stay on your own topic. 

Oh wait, that is your topic. 

Race.

I didn't bring Obama into this topic. 

He does fine interjecting himself into racial issues all the time. I wasn't the one who said "if I had a son he'd look like Trayvon." 

Who said that?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I meant weren't the people who committed these crimes arrested and tried? If so people don't tend to talk about cases beyond local when the judicial process seems to be working.

I don't know! Were they? 

The fact is we didn't hear about these cases, and we certainly didn't hear about these cases from the race baiter that gave us the fraud that was Tawana Brawley (Mr. Sharpton). We also never heard of those cases from the Post-Racial POTUS, which is the point of my thread.

Are they really for equality or are they simply racists of a darker color? 

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by satron

Race baiter!!! 

Race.

He does fine interjecting himself into racial issues all the time. I wasn't the one who said "if I had a son he'd look like Trayvon." 

Who said that?

I cant believe I am even going to correct you when it Obama shouldn't even be on topic.

First. How is being asked a question "Injecting oneself into the issue"?

What he was really saying was that he felt sympathy for the family of the deceased. You are just taking one line and twisting it to define his opinion. Of which he did not even give. He said that he had faith that law enforcement and they would find out what happened and handle it from there. He took a very diplomatic approach in my opinion, but hey, thats an opinion.

edit on 2-4-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by satron

Race baiter!!! 

Race.

Who said that?

And he was stupid for saying that, as it showed his bias before all the evidence was presented.

That doesn't justify you in reverse race baiting.

You have a abominable vision of justice if you think it's necessary.
edit on 2-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I cant believe I am even going to correct you when it Obama shouldn't even be on topic. 

First. How is being asked a question "Injecting oneself into the issue"? 

What he was really saying was that he felt sympathy for the family of the deceased. You are just taking one line and twisting it to define his opinion. Of which he did not even give. He said that he had faith that law enforcement and they would find out what happened and handle it from there. He took a very diplomatic approach in my opinion, but hey, thats an opinion.

Taking one line and twisting it?

2008 - Obama's 'justice' department refused to bring charges against 2 black panthers caught on tape intimidating white voters.  

2009 - Obama interjected himself into an overblown racially charged case involving the Cambridge police and an overly sensitive black Harvard professor.  If I remember correctly Obama said the police acted "stupidly" before any of us even knew what transpired. 

2012 - Obama interjected himself into a local Florida case of Trayvon Martin saying "if I had a son he'd look like Trayvon" implying that race mattered in this case. Who gives a crap if he looked like Obama (black)? So if he didn't look like Obama it would be less important? I think so!

It's called race baiting and apparently many have already taken the bait. 
edit on 2-4-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
This thread is race baiting ;(

Hypocrite

If you wanted race bating to end you would have never have made a thread with this content. I play along

ahaahaaaaa
edit on 2-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Time to go to war...

Hope some of you out there will see how its going to be real soon and decide not to be a victim and arm yourselfs. You think this wont happen in a SHTF scenario, this will be common place.

Dr. Feelgoods` gonna precribe a couple of 45. pain killers.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Seems like justice is being pursued in those cases. It also seems like in that 1st video you posted the local MSM is calling it exactly what it is, a hate crime. So I'm not sure what your point is.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The point is that cases like that don't get the wide spread media attention. And the president has nothing to say about it. Many of those cases were much more heinous than Trayvons case.

The point of the thread is the Hypocrisy that is all around.
edit on 2-4-2012 by kimish because: grammar

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It's sad that I have to post this on ATS.

After reading some of the above posts I will have to make the following very clear.

The sort of inflammatory, bigoted, ignorant statements that had to be removed above are not tolerated here.

This is a privately owned forum. Members posting such repulsive bigoted statements will be banned IMMEDIATELY.

No warning, no PMs, no discussion.

If you're going to make a racist remark, you're going to be shown the door, instantly.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

The outcry about the Trayvon Martin case is due to a perceived lack of justice, it got into the media because of how widespread that outcry became...the media is gonna do whatever it wants or is told to and talk about whatever they think is going to draw viewers.

Why would there be a widespread outcry for lack of justice in any of the tragedies outlined in the OP when clearly justice is being enacted in all of them? No outcry, no demands, no media.

Perhaps if a lot of people feel that hate crimes against whites are under prosecuted they should get active about it, get people involved and then the media might pay attention. But personally I would find cases where the justice system drops the ball, not cases where it clearly hasn't.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The problem is that there are a lot of black individuals, who are not willing to take responsibility for the levels of violence in their own nature.

So you will hear them claim that it is only whites who are racist, evil, aggressive, violent, etc; and then they bash and torture whites themselves, and claim that because white people are their targets, that justifies it. They're not being aggressive or violent in the same way that they think white people exclusively are; oh no. They're seeking justice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join