It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who's been watching the situation in Israel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
So I don't really care what your stance is on Palestine or Israel or Iran.

While many of us in America or the UK or anywhere else in the world are being bombarded with political correctness and stupid laws, something of Biblical proportions of historic-ness is happening in Israel.

Of course it is as far as I can tell once again about the 1967 lines and Israels Independence, much like 4th of July for Americans.

Regardless of the situation or how you feel about it, something is going on over there and it is bound to become a much bigger deal in the days to come.

So what are your thoughts ATS? This is the story we should all be paying the most attention too and there is not a single thread on ATS about it.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I don't know.. Israel hasn't been on my radar too much. I don't have cable so I can't catch CNN or Fox News. Could the lack of news be something in and of itself?

Unfortunately, most younger Americans are watching "the situation" on MTV and would have no clue what this thread was about.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
So I don't really care what your stance is on Palestine or Israel or Iran.

While many of us in America or the UK or anywhere else in the world are being bombarded with political correctness and stupid laws, something of Biblical proportions of historic-ness is happening in Israel.

Of course it is as far as I can tell once again about the 1967 lines and Israels Independence, much like 4th of July for Americans.

Regardless of the situation or how you feel about it, something is going on over there and it is bound to become a much bigger deal in the days to come.

So what are your thoughts ATS? This is the story we should all be paying the most attention too and there is not a single thread on ATS about it.

I bet the egyptians or someone is planning a attack. Mayby libyans might attack or syrians. Who really knows other than the generals anyway these days.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
EVERYONE.

2nd line

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I gave you a star, because I really don't know much about it either. But I do think there has been a lack of media coverage.

Now for those of us waiting for the TSHTF scenario, the first sign will come from Israel. There was recently in the UN a formal bid for Israel to return to the pre 1967 borders and the Israel was celebrating their independence only to be confronted with counter protests and molotov cocktails. Theres a little bit of disorder right now, but I'm sure its nothing the world hasn't seen before.

But while we are worried about our daily lives and not getting the media coverage, I think this situation is going to escalate. So this thread is really here for future use. I think we will be getting a little but here and there, but I think the reality of the situation is beyond most of us who post here unless we have dealt with it on a daily basis personally.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Could be anyone I guess. The middle east has gone a bit crazy as of late.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
You're right..there is trouble in Israel.

Gas Price Hike leads to protests and calls for Netanyahu's resignation!

I hadn't been paying much attention to Israel's internal affairs with everything else going on. Not since they mustered 400,000 in the streets late last year over cost of living being too high. How that is a protest! lol... This sounds like trouble though at the same time as the troubles in Jerusalem and this military exercise in the Med. So much happening at once and none of it moving in anything like a peaceful direction.

Cooler heads don't seem to be prevailing so far.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good catch wrabbit! I had not seen that article, but if I had to guess, it might of came down to the resignation of Netanyahu. It does remind me of Egypt, only this would be absolutely explosive.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Paying attention to them?!! WHY??

These two DAMNED SAVAGE countries have never and WILL never stop fighting. No NEWS here!! Nothing new to see here!!

Frankly, I think most people are SICK TO DEATH of these two SAVAGE countries and their LUST for BLOOD and WAR.

Would be a much more peaceful earth if they BOTH would disappear...
edit on 1-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

I appreciate your honesty, but hoping for collaboration. We all have our own opinions.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I appreciate your honesty, but hoping for collaboration. We all have our own opinions.

YAWN.

Theres enough "collaboration" in the billions of discussions already here in regard to this topic. Whats your POINT with this?
edit on 1-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Well as rabbit just posted, there is more shaking in the middle east. Call it a domino effect, or whatever you want, it is bound to spread throughout the world.

This is one historic event where opinions don't really matter. What happens next matters.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Well as rabbit just posted, there is more shaking in the middle east. Call it a domino effect, or whatever you want, it is bound to spread throughout the world.

This is one historic event where opinions don't really matter. What happens next matters.

WHEN is there NOT a "shaking" going on there??

C'mon. Seriously??

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Oh believe me I've been watching. It's Biblical. People don't realize this has the potential to start WW3, as they just brush them off as "crazies" and "savages" and "all talk".

Well, if I was told some guy over and over again "I'm going to kill you, I'm going to kill you." and all of a sudden I'm checking out rifles.. do you think I'm plotting to kill that guy, or just going on hunting for deer?

Let's be real people.

Besides, I'll make a statement of faith right now - IF Israel goes to war, and IF Israel is defeated.. I'll renounce my faith as a Christian.

Though, who knows what'll happen EXACTLY, it is more than likely that there will be a peace treaty soon.. a 7 year peace treaty. Indeed there has been hundreds of treaties that have all failed.. I believe the only way "this" treaty will be accepted, is if the treaty gives Israel the rights to build their temple.

Israel, as everyone should know, have been wanting to build that temple since 1948. That's where they need to go to do their sacrifices.. instead, they go to the wailing wall everyday. The temple, which will be at the dome of the rock, is not under Israeli control.. but Jordanian.

...and it just so happens the Jordan FM visited Hilary Clinton a month ago to discuss a "peace process".

Good stuff.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Uhm well last summer was the end of Gaddafhi, Mubarak others. Civil war continues in Syria, there is unrest all around, leaders being dethroned and Israel is the promised land. You tell me.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
lol Israelis now complaining about 2 'situations' - petrol prices - and the Palestinians they are smothering, seems!

edit on 1-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there already a treaty under Bush presidency around 2005 or 6?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Next time you start a thread like this you should post some examples of what this "situation" is and not assume everyone knows exactly what you're talking about. There are always "situations" going on in Israel, no one knows which one / ones you are talking about if you don't give some details.

Links to news articles, maybe a paragraph explaining yourself? NO S/F for you for the useless thread.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

That is absolutely how I see it too. As much as we're distracted by local/domestic things and as short as everyone's attention span is getting to be (that deserve's a thread some day) this is still very much an ongoing and fast developing situation.

Thank you for reminding me how fast and how ongoing it is just now. I hadn't loaded the local Israeli newspaper and TV sites in a few weeks....I've been slipping.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

As I already said, I see a situation brewing and I don't know all the details. So thats why I posted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join