It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio Gives U.S. Selective Service Director Larry Romo 30 Days

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I guess we so called "truthers" are very evil people. Some would have us lynched if we did a back ground check on a potential babysitter! There is no rational with some!

I guess since the difference is that one is "babysitting" millions, he should be allowed to forgo verification. Did I get that right?
edit on 30-3-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
For all those who say the Sheriff is overreaching his authority, I say - Prove it.

It's my understanding that the Sheriff holds the highest power in his jurisdiction. He can tell the state Governor or even the President of the USA where to stick it and where to go in his jurisdiction - he can kick them out and order the people of his jurisdiction not to follow Any rules regulations or laws by the Governor or President. He can do this all Legally because his power is greater than theirs.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

He does not have that kind of authority. He is responsible for law enforcement in Maricopa County, not the entire state. This includes management of the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, county jail, courtroom security, prisoner transport, service of warrants, and service of process, and that's it.

He does not have the authority to demand these things from the President Of The United States of America. Period. He doesn't even have the authority to demand these things from the state governor.

And some of those prison programs have been ruled unconstitutional. See Neil vs Wake.

The only reason he is doing this is for money and because his popularity is dropping due to his controversial prison programs.

Why would I want to support someone on an endeavor if he has no regards for the constitution and only has regards for his own authority? I can't stand authoritarians like him and Obama.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Joe can demand in one hand and crap in the other. Wait and see which one fills up first.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
And by the way, the Justice Department report on discriminatory policing practices within the MCSO, on December 15, 2011, the United States Department of Homeland Security revoked the MCSO's federal authority to identify and detain illegal immigrants.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

To demand that a document be presented in a legal sense requires a subpoena. Sheriffs, no matter what state or county they are from, does not have the power to issue a subpoena. That is strictly under the purview of the judiciary. So his demand lacks any power behind it. This is merely another show put together by Arpaio so that when the document is not presented he can claim they are hiding something even though there is absolutely no legal obligation for the document to be presented.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I give Joe 3 1/2 minutes to kiss Obama's ass

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Thank you, that's the information I was also trying to think of.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm not from the USA so i dont know anything about "Sheriff" Joe Arpaio. I tried to google him but all that comes up is controversy. Would some of you kind Americans explain to me please why this man is so important? I mean, there are loads of sheriffs around in the USA, why is he the "sheriff"? Is it something like in the UK, where they have Sirs (like sir David Beckham) ?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intrud3r
I'm not from the USA so i dont know anything about "Sheriff" Joe Arpaio. I tried to google him but all that comes up is controversy. Would some of you kind Americans explain to me please why this man is so important? I mean, there are loads of sheriffs around in the USA, why is he the "sheriff"? Is it something like in the UK, where they have Sirs (like sir David Beckham) ?

he isnt. He just thinks he is.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ill pretty much guarantee that this sheriff Joe character never had a need to see any previous presidents records.
This issue is so dead and yet this fellow still cashes in.

He and Orly should go bowling. Maybe they can have hot steamy sex all over their own records.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Intrud3r

What makes him special is he is the only sheriff whose practices have been deemed unconstitutional and the only one who has had powers revoked due to said unconstitutionality.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I just want to say, first if Obama is really a US born citizen then he should produce an orginal BC for review. If he doesnt have a copy then he should follow the same procedures all americans have to follow to recieve a certified orginal. I have been through the process and its not that hard. My question is to all ATS what "Orginal Documunets" has Obama provided for review??? Wouldn't it be really easy for him to just provide "orginals" and get this question over with???

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigDuke
I just want to say, first if Obama is really a US born citizen then he should produce an orginal BC for review. If he doesnt have a copy then he should follow the same procedures all americans have to follow to recieve a certified orginal. I have been through the process and its not that hard. My question is to all ATS what "Orginal Documunets" has Obama provided for review??? Wouldn't it be really easy for him to just provide "orginals" and get this question over with???

That will never happen because he can not. If he were to release any original documents, that will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he IS an alien and a fraud!
edit on 30-3-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

There is no other explanation why he would not settle the matter and prove himself to save face!
edit on 30-3-2012 by ajay59 because: to add

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Sherriff Joe is not the only one in on the investigation..........however goofy they say he is, the facts speak volumes.....i believe that Obama is beginning to look like a manchurian presidential candidate...run for propaganda and control.......hes still following the Bush doctrine..........
The VOLUNTARY time spent on the cold case was not billed to the public but was undertaken as a public service to complaints from real citizens presumably.....
Joe is really just going by the book....Only hes turned the law around to apply to the president as well as joe blow....
Funny thing that.....called democracy.......cuts two ways.......

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Intrud3r

What makes him special is he is the only sheriff whose practices have been deemed unconstitutional and the only one who has had powers revoked due to said unconstitutionality.

Allright, so far so good, but, why does a corrupt person like himself get so much attention for ? I have understood so far that he is one of the main frontrunners in the whole "Obama birth certificate" charade. A corrupt sheriff accusing others of corruption is like the old saying, "Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house".

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
You ever notice truthers almost always have poor spelling and grammar? It's clear to me Sheriff Joe is just cashing in on the idiots in this country trying to maintain his quasi-celebrity status as apparently haranguing minorities and abusing peoples' civil rights isn't enough anymore.

By the way, I give Sheriff Joe 30 days to do the right thing and blow his brains out live on prime time television. Somehow, I think my order will have as much of an effect as his.
edit on 30-3-2012 by FightingStupidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ever notice how some try to derail by subtly changing the subject and resorting to insult? That usually means they have no leg to stand on and try to outflank!

Simple as this. If the Pres. were legit, what would be so bad about proving anything. Should he not defend himself or at least his honor when accused of criminal behavior. Okay, so he provided documentation. It has been proven reasonably doubtful to be original. It's his step now, right? Anyone of us in this position would be expected to produce clear evidence, that is what it boils down to.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You ever notice these threads only go one way? The Birthers can't be convinced they're wrong and they'll never convince any sane rational people they're right.

These threads never accomplish anything but cause a lot of people to shout at each other.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
You ever notice these threads only go one way? The Birthers can't be convinced they're wrong and they'll never convince any sane rational people they're right.

These threads never accomplish anything but cause a lot of people to shout at each other.

Just ask your smoochy pal to provide viable and verifiable documentation if it is such a pain to you. What could possibly be wrong with that, other than the fact that he is a fraud? Who says were wrong? Prove it, or better yet, have the apparent fraud prove it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join