It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice for a girl that cant seem to get a date?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Like most have already hinted at, whats your rush?

Chill out. If you force yourself into a relationship with the wrong person its going to end weather you enjoyed or not, if its someone you think has potential go for it, if you suspect a guy might want to ask you but might be too shy to ask then go for it.

Just because you haven't been on dates, hardly anything to worry about so young. Come back in 10 years and be worried then

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Nobody says she has to get married, she just wants the experience of dating. Can't say I blame her if she's a Senior in High School. If nothing else, the prom is looming.

I still say put those girlfriends to work for you! I'll bet they are chomping at the bit to do it anyhow!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

Society says you are supposed to be this and that, and do this and that. Forget about society! I know your hormones are raging, but first intimate experiences are so, so important for you to have a healthy adult life. I was like you, and had to wait till I was twenty, but I'm sure glad. Don't worry, relax, and keep making yourself a better person. He will come along

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies
Ok, gosh this is embarrassing, but I am a senior in high school and have never been on a date or even been asked out on a date. I just dont get whats wrong with me. All of my friends make it look so easy its like they have to beat the guys off with sticks. I just dont know what is making me so undateable to guys I mean I dont think im ugly cuz cute guys DO flirt with me and i dont think they would waste their time if i wasnt at least a little pretty and im in shape and people tell me all the time how funny i am so i just dont understand. I mean i would think that the problem is just that i need to make the first move but surely not every guy i have come in contact with in my life only dates girls who make the first move. So any advice on how to seem more dateable?

Don't worry about it, guys are way too emotionally immature to be dating in high school anyway. Very, very few high school relationships last. I did not date once in high school, only dated a few times in college, and didn't really start dating seriously until I was out of college. What's the hurry? I've been happily married for almost 20 years and have 3 beautiful children and most certainly do not regret having not dated in high school. Relax and give it time, you'll be fine. And don't fret about your looks or fitness level, believe me, you do not want people dating you because you're pretty or have a great bod. That's a relationship that's built like a house on sand.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Really great advice everyone. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Have you tried the Boom! slutdrop technique? i believe it is common amongst ladies from North East England and apparently it is a tried and proven method for hooking up.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a quote from a friend of Facebook:

Girls are like apples on trees.
The best ones are at the top of the tree.
The boys don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt.
Instead, they just get the rotten apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy.
So the apples at the top think something is wrong with them,
when in reality, they're amazing.
They just have to wait for the right boy to come along,
the one who's brave enough
to climb
all the way
to the top
of the tree.

EDIT: ....oh god. that's a pete wentz quote..... I don't deserve to live on this planet anymore..... (kidding, nothing against FOB fans.)
edit on 30-3-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
first off everyone is beautiful!

And to be honest asking out a girl you like is so hard especially in high school! you might find you have to take the first step.
Just do it casually like talk about some new movie you want to see and he will inevitably agree with you with that yes that movie does look good then BAM you got him trapped! say "oh really? cool we should go together!"
He'll probably think oh wow how did i pull this off?

Simple

edit on 30-3-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Advice for a girl that cant seem to get a date?

Lower your expectations?

Maybe talk to one of those "cute guys" that flirted with you?

Use your social skills?

Recognize your level of game?

Figure out what you are really looking for?

Not be afraid of rejection?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Here is some advice coming from a guy just one year older than you. If you are smart and/or very attractive, especially if both, then you would be quite intimidating; especially in High School. This is no way your fault of course. But most guys, especially if you are the more reserved type, not the party girl or sleep with guy on first date girl, will be quite shy around you. The ones more likely to just walk up and ask you out will not, simply because you are not easy enough – and do not become easy just to get a date.

Suppose you are talking to a guy in your class and it is obvious he likes you and you like him – ask him out or give obvious, undeniable signals. I am giving this advice from the perspective of the shy guy who never had a date. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

stop judging people by your own standards!

back on topic:

focus on other things... it will happen but maybe not like 'everyone' else.

think of it this way: go on a hundred dates, never meet the right person...
take your time and have faith.

honestly, do you want to kiss a lot of toads before you meet the handsome prince? lol

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

This is all you need to know:

The pretty and popular girls in high-school become the chubby, not so pretty, never got a degree, might have a baby daddy or two girls later.

Girls that cannot get dates despite being pretty and funny means you are not a skank. This is GOOD. You will be the first of your friends to get married to a great and probably successful guy.

Girls like you go to their ten year reunuion and ALL the guys wish they had a date with you way back then.

Your prime time is COMING. Don't waste your prime time in high-school. Life is great in your mid twenties to early thirties.
Even studies say so

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I don't see anything wrong with making the first move. Try it. It makes a guy feel a lot more secure and open. You don't have to sit around waiting for random people to ask you out, take control. Guys are a lot more forgiving than girls when it comes to rejection, anyway. They will probably have a good reason and explain it to you.

And to a guy, it is dangerous to ask a girl out. I have experienced not only rejection, but ridicule. Also, I have had girls ignore me from that day on. Therefore, a lot of guys won't ask a girl out unless they get undeniable signals.
edit on 30-3-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
heck, George Clooney is getting all the women now right?

think he got them when he was younger?

cdn02.cdnwp.thefrisky.com...

methinks thats a no...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Are you involved in any high school activities that bring you into regular contact with guys?

If you are socially isolated, it makes it more difficult to meet other people.

Find something interesting to get involved with, and then you are more likely to meet guys who share your interests, and get a chance to get to know someone.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Sometimes guys wait for you to make the first move. All the girls I've ever dated were the ones that pursued me. I usually don't make any moves until I'm absolutely sure a girl is interested because I've always had this fear of rejection, though I'm not an ugly guy by any standards. I'm not ugly at all, just sensitive at times. Just don't change anything about yourself, continue being your funny self. Hope it all works out well for you.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
here is what you do.

go to a bar that lets 18 year olds in. go have fun, and just hang out.

when a guy hits on you, engage in a conversation with him.

if it does not work the first night, go back the next.

do not leave the bar until a guy hits on you. by the end of the night, someone will.

BUT make sure you are dressed nice, style your hair cool, and have on makeup that is comfortable to you.
if you look like you are fun and adventurous and care about your looks a bit, guys will notice.

it is that simple.

i actually wrote a manuscript about my adventures in bars and clubs. i do not drink, so i just go out and observe and socialize. i am working on my second book now, which is sort of the sequel to that first joint.

so i know ALL about this stuff. trust me, all a girl has to do is hang out and look cute.

and guys like girls of ALL shapes and sizes.

how it works is thus-

if you are a girl, and you do not look like a lunch lady or bus driver, which i doubt you do, because you are 18, then 80% of the guys you meet will want to hook up with you. that does not mean date, that means just hook up.

a guy is at 20%. meaning, 20% of every chick you meet will want to hook up with you.

but that is JUST the start. if someone is married and does not cheat, and you meet them, they might be sexually attracted to you, because they fall into the percentages, but they cannot hook up.

when a guy meets a chick at the bar, even if she is attracted to him, he still has to pull out the right moves in order to 'seal the deal' so to speak.

same thing with a girl. even tho 8 out of 10 guys would hook up with you, you still need to work JUST a little bit to let them know this.

but i am in the new york city area, so its a bit different than say a small town. but the principals are the same.

as soon as you find a guy interested in you, and you like him, make the first move. and then, make sure you have FUN with him.

google the leaked olivia munn pics. girls hate that when i show them olivia munn's pics, where she sends pics and 'messages' to her boyfriends. but you know what? that chick is famous and WAY hot, but she busts her ass to keep the guy happy.

every chick should do that.
and then every guy should bust his ass to make the chick happy as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
perhaps you are to attractive and come off intimidating. my best advice is not to even worry about it high school is such a joke, those relationships honestly for the most part mean nothing. Just be your self and do what you love to do, when the time come you will find someone to share that joy with. Too many people spend to much time looking for love or someone to make them happy. truth is no one can make you happy but you! i try explaining this to my sister all the time, if you are looking for someone to make you happy you won't find them at the bar or just randomly looking around. stay true to who you are and what you love only then will you find someone who you can share those same interest with and that is when you will find love. you have a ton of life ahead of you please don't get caught up in what everyone thinks you should be or do. good luck to you!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
maybe you're just soo hot that you intimidate the kiddies.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

WOW!

Couldn't be any further from the truth! If
I was a fat chick, I could land a piece of ash
any night, seen it done at most bars. Last
similar thread quoted from another member was
very true, your either fat or ugly or the " 40 year old guy
with Cheetos covered fingers."

Take no offense, but I call BS, something is very wrong if your having such a problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join