It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice for a girl that cant seem to get a date?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EPH612

No i really loved it but i just wanted to do something different, i made the cheerleading team and i wanted to take art and foreign language classes and so band was just not a possibility if i was going to do those things.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Girls pick guys especially in HS or college- guys are so stupid at that age even if you drop hints they won't get it. You essentially have to punch them in the face (not literally) but make it so obvious that a blind man would see it - just say hey jackass why don't you ask me out?

& they will but don't go for a stuck up loser just ask a normal guy out & you will have no problems.

Good luck

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
are you a choosy type of girl?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HurtMeNot
are you a choosy type of girl?

nope

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Lower your expectations?

Maybe talk to one of those "cute guys" that flirted with you?

Use your social skills?

Recognize your level of game?

Figure out what you are really looking for?

Not be afraid of rejection?

Are you trying to call her stupid by asking all the questions? You're assuming she doesn't do those things already by making them questions. That's belittling her and you sound stupid for doing it.

In this day and age girls have to let guys do the asking, the calling, the taking out on dates. It's stupid in society but the guy has to do all the work and the girl always gets to make a decision at first if they want to play games to deliberately hurt the guy emotionally (something guys don't even accept to realize because of their own ignorance), which has happened so much that guys have turned it around and just hurt girls by lying to them now. It is all so stupid in society, people have been telling me I'm attractive for 10 years but I haven't had any love from girls, I haven't had any interest from a girl because they don't care and it doesn't matter how attractive I would be they would never have enough interest to say hello or want to get to know me. It is all me showing them that I am someone worth it and they still don't care, the only way most girls even have a boyfriend these days is only to have a person for them to manipulate. There is no love anymore in this shady world and the only way to have the happy fairytale ending that used to exist in past history is to take advantage of stupid egotistical minds that have absolutely no desire to love or no knowledge of what love is.
edit on 8-4-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

THANK YOU! and i dont think that a guy HAS to be the one that does the asking but ive just been rejected so much and it is embarrassing so i would just really rather take a break from doing the asking and and figure out how to make the guy do the asking.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

Thanks, same here, I am feeling really bad because for those ten years I have been giving all of myself just to let tons of girls know that I like them and not one of them has cared. So the only thing I feel left to do is walk by them and not ackowledge them at all. If I have been trying my best for that long and no one as cared it feels so self degrading to keep on trying and getting rejected, and because I am giving up at love in life it's so hard not to feel lonely pitiful and frustrated. This Easter is really telling me that I have nobody except my spirituality lol and that sucks.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Thanks, same here, I am feeling really bad because for those ten years I have been giving all of myself just to let tons of girls know that I like them and not one of them has cared. So the only thing I feel left to do is walk by them and not ackowledge them at all. If I have been trying my best for that long and no one as cared it feels so self degrading to keep on trying and getting rejected, and because I am giving up at love in life it's so hard not to feel lonely pitiful and frustrated. This Easter is really telling me that I have nobody except my spirituality lol and that sucks.

Wow im sorry. maybe that is my problem idk maybe i just sort of give off defeated vibes or something.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Better wait for the good guy
then having many quick date with guys who will not care for you

Good luck and trust in Faith
your path will eventualy lead you to your soul mate

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
Girls pick guys especially in HS or college- guys are so stupid at that age even if you drop hints they won't get it. You essentially have to punch them in the face (not literally) but make it so obvious that a blind man would see it- just say hey jackass why don't you ask me out?

Correct. Unless you make it blatantly obvious (and you'd be surprised HOW obvious it has to be), us guys won't see it. And if I may, I'd recommend for you to not do it in front of other people. Guys hate it when we feel like we're being put on the spot to ask a girl out (even if it's someone we like, because we hate realizing just how dense we've been), but if it happens in front of other people it's also highly embarrassing for us, because everyone else knows how dense we've been, and we look like idiots (which we are, but that's not the point).

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

LOL Ok i honestly am telling the whole truth. I didnt get pretty until like 9th grade so i still didnt have experience in the dating area even then and i was sort of geeky before then and was in the marching band so my theory is that even though im not geeky anymore and i am prettier guys still are embarrassed to be dating me, AND what guy wants to be some girls first bf in their senior year of high school. That seems sort of embarrassing for them. Idk what do you all think about that theory?

I'd have to disagree with this theory. Any guy in high school, regardless of clique', is looking to get with a girl (any straight guy that is)...they don't care about being a first bf.

While there is the underlying biological imperative, it also is a mental thing, and at that age, it's rather an insane drive both physically and socially.

Like you, they are just afraid of rejection also. I still say to use your friends, a guy's friends, etc. to do the legwork and "feel" out the potentials, so at least you're not going in blind.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Oh. well thats good. And yeah im getting my friend to try to find me a prom date so hopefully that will be a fruitful endeavor lol

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Well since you have gotten rejected so much when you try to ask a Guy out all you can do is just be patient,and or dress to get their attention. Yeah you attract the wrong type of guy half the time that way but you have to sort through the rubbish. I am curious though since you get flirted with how come you get so many rejections? Could it be they think you might be trying to fool them in some way?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Lower your expectations?

Maybe talk to one of those "cute guys" that flirted with you?

Use your social skills?

Recognize your level of game?

Figure out what you are really looking for?

Not be afraid of rejection?

Now HERE... Lysergic, who happens to be one of my fave posters, has just given you relationship GOLD.
I found lowering my expectations helped tremendously. I mean its not like youre marrying the guy.. go out, have fun, whatever.. but just chose one that isnt wearing a slobber bib or helmet and say " Hey.. Im alone for prom and I chose YOU to be my date.. you lucky guy! I want a limo BTW... and whats your name again? "

In truth, high school guys are insecure and difficult. College guys are easy.. and they say the girls are easy. LMAO!! Now its real world post college or start of career guys who are worth some effort and compromise. Life is short, but long enough to not settle for the first mouth breather that flirts with you. If youre looking for a date and some dating fun in your late teens and early adulthood, look for a fun guy and ask em out yourself. They are such tender little things in sophomore/senior year and sometimes the intimidating female must approach them. Or like the Mod says.. get a hook up from one of your friends.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

Well since you have gotten rejected so much when you try to ask a Guy out all you can do is just be patient,and or dress to get their attention. Yeah you attract the wrong type of guy half the time that way but you have to sort through the rubbish. I am curious though since you get flirted with how come you get so many rejections? Could it be they think you might be trying to fool them in some way?

I have no idea its like they actually do like me but they dont want to date me. For some reason people think im a prude i think, i mean people were actually really surprised that i listened to music with curse words in them. Lol im not sure why though cuz i dont act like a prude. So idk maybe they would be too embarrassed to date me. But then again it has been a while since i have asked a guy out so maybe i just need to try again.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

HAHA!!
yeah your right.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

LOL Ok i honestly am telling the whole truth. I didnt get pretty until like 9th grade so i still didnt have experience in the dating area even then and i was sort of geeky before then and was in the marching band so my theory is that even though im not geeky anymore and i am prettier guys still are embarrassed to be dating me

Ya sure whatever..I like totally believe you.

AND what guy wants to be some girls first bf in their senior year of high school. That seems sort of embarrassing for them. Idk what do you all think about that theory?

Sorry I don't get it...But hey whatever it sounds like a wild and crazy theory to me...Kind of like the string cheese theory... The theory is like string theory, only the strings are made out of cheese and so at a base level the whole universe is made of cheese.

Basically what I am saying is... Whatever floats your boat op.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I would recommend reading the book, "The Mating Mind", by Geoffrey Miller. It will help to make a lot more sense out of relationships.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I would recommend that your time will come,be patient.
This is what you are looking for............

I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone. Javan

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Alright people whatever problem I had has been solved because I suddenly have 2 dates next weekend
thanks for all the great advice

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join