It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait, Did CNN Just Lose HALF Of Its Viewers?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I, for one, used to watch CNN every morning and tried Fox, used to watch MSNBC (until that stupid, reckless spoiled brat child of a woman who works with Joe Scarborough) came on, you know the one who got the job and gets to act like a spoiled child simply because her dad is Zbigniew Brzezinski. Then , like I said, I tried CNN and FOX and I just got to the point where it just hit me.......I knew the news used to lie here and there about whatever, but now they just don't even try to hide it. Ever since they put those women anchors on there the lies are near 100% now and it's more or less to just patronize the American people. I work at a cable company and I am the one who actually gets people this programming upon request and I hear all the time people are just frustrated with the news and don't trust it because it is so obviously controlled. I myself, have just gotten rid of my TV altogether, I study and find other ways to amuse myself rather than just sitting there listening to ostensible lies. I find it interesting thought that they have replaced almost all of the men on the news with women news anchors and now everyone thinks the news (some of which was once trusted) are all synonymous with lies. Who better to lie right? Every guy in every country (mostly America) can attest to how well a woman can look you right in the eye and lie and you wouldn't even suspect a think. Kudos to the Illuminati on that one, you couldn't have found better replacements for men, if your agenda is to dumb down the world and have people lied to on a daily basis and still be believable than those attractive females that they have on the news right now who are some of the best liars money can pay for. No more TV/News for me, I got rid of it like 3 months ago and as I said, I work at a cable company.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think it has to do with more and more people having internet access due to cell phones and finding alternative news sources. It's like watching a flat screen LCD then going back to old tube TV "MSM" once you get that dose of reality you realize the MSM is a work of fiction. I would not be surprised if many former MSM viewers lurk here often some even joining.

The MSM has jumped the shark and insulted the viewers intelligence too many times now. People are sick of political propaganda and hearing about Lindsey Lohan and irreverent crap. They actually want to know what is going on in the world. Thanks for dropping the ball MSM, like i knew you would

Main Stream Media = Mind Numbing Stupidity
edit on 30-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
ATS ... you have to have a new button for 5 stars...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

Faux News being down 17% isn't really a wake up call. It's actually more likely that some of the same 50% that watched CNN also watched quite a bit of fox. (if they didn't like Fox, my guess is they're the kinds of people who think MSNBC is better) so when they quit watching all together, both networks seen a decline.

CNN was horrible anyways. Hologram graphics? I felt like I was watching a bad 90's version of what people thought virtual reality would look like. (Lawnmower man, anyone?)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
excellent documentary about the media!
How the Media Manipulates the World into War

source: www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

CNN is boring, Fox News has been busted lying to their viewers a million times.

People are tired of new age "watch me" news.

It was bound to happen. Sick of fear mongering.

Not everyone is our enemy, etc.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I'm really loving all the conservative responses to this thread, talking about people realising that the mainstream media only promotes left wing propaganda, and people giving it up for that reason. Apparently you didn't take much of a look at the username, or the avatar, of the person who made the OP.

Seriously funny stuff.

edit on 30-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

Just a few years ago this same news media was shills for the Bush administration. They're not really left or right shills, its even worse than that, they are just SHILLS, they are the mindless zombies. The repeaters not investigative journalists.

This isn't a Left/Right issue. All the countries of the world need less repressive laws, ie more freedom AND far better services to the people with good safety nets. They need the best of all the ideologies. But they get they get peddled the worst of all.

The media is always an arm of the Gov, their PR.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
I think it has to do with more and more people having internet access due to cell phones and finding alternative news sources. It's like watching a flat screen LCD then going back to old tube TV "MSM" once you get that dose of reality you realize the MSM is a work of fiction. I would not be surprised if many former MSM viewers lurk here often some even joining.

The MSM has jumped the shark and insulted the viewers intelligence too many times now. People are sick of political propaganda and hearing about Lindsey Lohan and irreverent crap. They actually want to know what is going on in the world. Thanks for dropping the ball MSM, like i knew you would

edit on 30-3-2012 by

Main Stream Media = Mind Numbing Stupidity

Yeah at the cable company I work for people are always calling up and cancelling because of Netflix and online streaming, but this is probably the REAL reason government wants to shut down the internet and take that from us, because they see the decline and the MSM is the last media they have to control us, or at least TRY to (although they seem to be a product of their own dumbing down system if they think it works anymore). They know the internet is the last bastion of freedom we have for our minds. If they control that then they would have taken every media venue we have and turned it into a corporate financial whore machine that controls the populous's state of mind. We will have to go back to books and town hall meetings to get in sync with what the government is doing, but they won't let that happen because groups who discuss government will be called terrorists ....as per the Patriot act 2. extra DIV

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

I hate the national news. I few they are slick liars and manipulators. Local news seems more factual and honest.

Just like local banks are more honest.

Keep the business in your own communities as much as possible.
Hire the neighbor guy who is doing tree work, or remodeling, or landscaping.

Shop at locally owned grocers and mom-and-pop shops for hardware.

Bank at your local bank, don't cross the threshold into any of the big bank branches. Not sure who owns you bank? Ask them.

Go to yard sales, network with your friends and neighbors on who locally can be counted on. Support your neighbors' efforts.

And watch The Daily Show and Stephen Colbert for your TV news; ATS for world news; and listen to NPR for in-depth analyses and closer looks at current events.
That's my recipe.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The owners, handlers, ptb that run the MSM think that they can do this forever lol

Today's program

Mitt Romney Rick Santorum "propaganda"
Treyvon Martin "propaganda"
Iran has nukes "fear factor"
latest celebrity death "distraction"
man saves cats life in burning fire "play on emotions"
Pilot has melt down in cockpit "fear factor"
repeated all day

Tomorrow same program with some changes in names and faces

Good news is everything runs it's course, nothing lasts forever. The irony is much of the elite lack a basic understanding of how things work everything they know is through consultation, lobbyists, commercialization, corporation, politicians, ect. They dont care what the people want and public demand. You would think people would keep listening to the same genre of music but most people go through phases of what they listen to and watch. Basic human nature, as simple as that human nature will render modern day MSM moot certainly at some point.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time - Abraham Lincoln

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Could not agree more. Not long before they employ the WWE divas as news anchors

and im not joking

Some people think pro wrestling, reality TV and MSM is real

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
i have a TV, but it doesn't even get basic network channelz. i just use it for nintendo 64

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The article goes on to note: "They are turning to independent shows, like mine, and like The Young Turks... they are turning to news sites like The Huffington Post and Daily Caller... " Press TV is also up

Let me tell you right now.... people moving towards the Huffingtonpost won't be gaining much of anything. That site has some of the most brainwashed people/commenters/visitors/members of any site. Just go read the comments on top stories and you will see what I mean. There aren't any people on there (libs) that can see through the left/right illusion. They all just hate and rag on the right and anyone trying to give them a different point of view or bit of truth. They are beyond drunk on their own delusions.

Also, they never even mention RP... not even on their "Politics" page.... not even in a bad light... they just refuse to let their readers read his name.

Imagine a world where there is only one website for all of libs/dems/"progressives" to visit and you will have huffpost. Bias, ridiculous and spin just as bad, if not worse than FOX.

I'm not a right-winger, I'm not a lib. I visit the huffpost often just to vomit.
edit on 30-3-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheXoor
I blame Zionism (NOT the Jewish people - big difference).

CNN and FOX have become 24-7 Zionist shills. It's all pro-Isreal, all the time.

Makes me freaking sick. I live in the US, not Israel. I'm sick of having our media turened into an endless 24-7 zionist propaganda outlet. How did this happen, when did this happen? Oops we aren't allowed to talk about that, are we? Funny how that works, isn't it?

Fortunately, people are waking up. People are sick of seeing the US dragged into the ground to serve Zionist agendas.

Your time is gonna, come, Israel-firsters!

I wish i could give you more stars

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheXoor
I blame Zionism (NOT the Jewish people - big difference).

CNN and FOX have become 24-7 Zionist shills. It's all pro-Isreal, all the time.

Makes me freaking sick. I live in the US, not Israel. I'm sick of having our media turened into an endless 24-7 zionist propaganda outlet. How did this happen, when did this happen? Oops we aren't allowed to talk about that, are we? Funny how that works, isn't it?

Fortunately, people are waking up. People are sick of seeing the US dragged into the ground to serve Zionist agendas.

Your time is gonna, come, Israel-firsters!

Everything that I wanted to say. Thank you for telling it how a lot of Americans see it.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
The comments section is actually pretty accurate, too. Talks about how the mainstream media is just controlled by TPTB and isn't reporting facts but propaganda, and that people are fed up with it. More and more of my friends are finding it out too and talking about it lately.

The news these days makes me ill. And not because of the subject matter.

Ah, the good ol' days when reporters actually "investigated" stories, even sometimes at their own peril and faced recourse from even their own bosses who paid them to go find stories.

Then these reporters would "report" on their findings. Sometimes earth shattering stories, sometimes boring everyday fodder. Point is, the general public has always known that the news in this country though not nationalized, is definitely influenced by politics. We have also always known that the mainstream media does not exist as a public service, it is a business which profits on advertising.

But, where as news stations always wanted to be the "first" to break a story, there would often be exaggerations, and errors, due to the reporters having to fill in the gaps until the real facts came out.

Now we are bombarded with blatant lies, distractions, and actors who just robotically read whatever comes up on their teleprompters.

I would stress, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WATCHING ANY MAINSTREAM NEWS.
Go out, get to know your neighbors and townsfolk, and actually socialize. You'll be amazed what goes on right around you, but you're too busy being hypnotized by your HD tv to notice.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Can't be that people are too poor to afford cable television.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fisherr
It's because most people now view the news just like this.

That shiz was awesome!

Loved it...thanks for sharing it!

Yes is there is never a shortage of hyped up BS to turn your brain into mush.

Feel free to use these gif's when you spot some...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist

www.businessinsider.com

For the month of March, CNN was down -50% in total viewers and down -60% in A25-54 viewers (Total Day).the viewer exodus is not limited to CNN, though..."Fox News is down -17%..."

Perhaps, if I may be so bold, this is what happens to you when you continue to report stories that no longer resemble -- even remotely -- what your own viewers see outside their windows and apartments
(visit the link for the full news article)

Umm no, the third rate internet 'news' source merely took one of the biggest new stories in history when CNN's rating soar and waited a year and compared.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanats

Originally posted by Leftist

www.businessinsider.com

For the month of March, CNN was down -50% in total viewers and down -60% in A25-54 viewers (Total Day).the viewer exodus is not limited to CNN, though..."Fox News is down -17%..."

Perhaps, if I may be so bold, this is what happens to you when you continue to report stories that no longer resemble -- even remotely -- what your own viewers see outside their windows and apartments
(visit the link for the full news article)

Umm no, the third rate internet 'news' source merely took one of the biggest new stories in history when CNN's rating soar and waited a year and compared.

I suspect we will get similiar stories posted in May, a year after Bin Laden
edit on 30-3-2012 by stanats because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join