It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait, Did CNN Just Lose HALF Of Its Viewers?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

People are probably going online for news. I refuse to watch CNN or any other MSM channel due to the racist broadcasting they seemed obsessed with. Perhaps people were tired of the hate, the moronic stories, the lies about the economy and so forth.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I hope so.

It seems to me they are stuck with a model that is neither here nor there. So much of the news has become mindless entertainment (Kardashians, etc. as somebody mentioned earlier). This turns off people interested in serious news. But at the same time, people who are seriously interested in celeb gossip don't get it from places like CNN...they read gossip sites. So by trying to appeal to everyone, they are really appealing to nobody at all.

These chuckleheads need to decide whether they are a gossip channel or a news channel and then act according. Not just CNN but all of them.
edit on 3/30/2012 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

People are saving their money by cutting out the cable networks, but not the internet. A move I made two years ago. It's the economy

Hence lower ratings.

People are realizing that they are spending money on things they don't watch.

Maybe, finally, we will be able to soon pick from a menu that appeals to the consumer, rather than the package deals that are offered.

If so, I guarantee that HBO and others will wither on the vine.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
People are saving their money by cutting out the cable networks, but not the internet. A move I made two years ago. It's the economy.

Yeah, that could be part of it.

Who wants to pay for news that keeps saying, "the economy is getting better," when everyone's actual experience is that things are getting worse and worse?

Getting propaganda jammed down your throat is bad enough. Being forced to pay for it adds insult to injury.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
March broke a lot of record high temps, around 40 degrees above average in some areas for several days. Probably didn't help CNN. That and slow news might explain it, people are probably tired of the election coverage.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheXoor

The London Olympics..my friend and there will be lots and lots of people during the opening and closing ceremony.
There is also the European Cup Championship co hosted by Ukraine and Poland in about 65 days time. All this for the year 2012.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I stopped subscribing to cable TV 2 years ago and I missed all the "live" Premier League soccer games as well as History Channel. Animal Planet, NatGeo, MTV, CNN, as well as all the "live' telecast of breaking news . It was getting a little too expensive at US$ 33.00 per month in my country. Petrol/gas for RON95 is now at US$ 0.67 per litre. With oil prices raising it will affect transportation so consumer goods will be priced higher too. You may think it is cheap compared to the US but the average people only earn about US$ 400.00 per month so cuts have to be made.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist

Originally posted by TDawgRex
People are saving their money by cutting out the cable networks, but not the internet. A move I made two years ago. It's the economy.

Yeah, that could be part of it.

Who wants to pay for news that keeps saying, "the economy is getting better," when everyone's actual experience is that things are getting worse and worse?

Getting propaganda jammed down your throat is bad enough. Being forced to pay for it adds insult to injury.

My own life is getting better. I have downsized..so to speak.

Been there and done that before.

After getting out of debt, I will probably do it again, though hopefully not.

Life just keeps throwing curve balls at ya.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Originally posted by yourmaker
could be due to the change-over to the digital box which they made mandatory,
I use to watch CNN until the switch.

That happened years ago, and analog tv set owners only account for 1/10 of USA tv owners anyway, so there is no possibility the digital change-over is related to CNN losing viewers.

just recently here in BC they made it mandatory to have the digital box
use to get up to channel 57 basic, now only to 28. CNN is 33 here.

around the same time as the smart metre installations.

but you're probably right I was just referencing why i'm not watching it anymore, same thing mightve happened to a lot people

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The Japanese earthquake/tsunami and nuclear disaster was last March, so I would think that viewership would naturally decline compared to this quarter.

Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster -11 March 2011

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

It is obvious.

They report Leftist garbage.

And Fox? They say ''we report, you decide''. How informative is that? Alright. I'll report that the grass is blue and the sky is green. Now you decide.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

Burn giants burn!! The people are waking up, and so is the military who is behind ron paul. THIS has got to have them scared. Only thing left is for the police departments to join in.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
reply to post by Leftist

It is obvious.

They report Leftist garbage.

Look at the username of the person you're responding to, here.

Note the irony.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

It's too bad for them none of their marketeers paid attention to the posts on ATS on this issue
Boycot succesful woohoo!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This is what you get from corporate news reporting there particular party line. There are no journalist they have been replaced by entertainers. There are no real news stories, just spin.

Reminds me of a good song.....

I work for the system!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
They all lie..acting as shills for the agenda people

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

This is quite possibly the best news I have ever heard. Ever.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

people are using their computers to watch movies and tv shows i have not watched television now four 3 months have no longer a large bill for garbage channels from cable or satellite

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
duh! Who in the hells want to seat on their sofa's and hear about what's going on with the Kardashians

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

AHAHAHAHAHA! The best news I've heard in a long time.

Welcome to the next generation folks. People are sick and tired of listening to their hate and propaganda.

Well deserved star and flag.

Originally posted by Fisherr
It's because most people now view the news just like this.

ROFL!

This thread made my day!
edit on 30-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join