It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait, Did CNN Just Lose HALF Of Its Viewers?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, I think it's something more then just then people just getting tired of the same news stories repeated over and over all day long and propaganda, because frankly all the cable news channels have always been like that.

Do any of you remember the amazing "summer of the sharks" that happened years ago? Wall to wall coverage of shark attacks all summer long to the point it made it seemed like that the sharks had suddenly declared war on humans, yet at the end of the summer when the statistics came in that summer had less shark attacks then the previous five summers. They didn't lose viewership then, so I don't really think it is the cause now.

I actually think what is going on is the same thing happening to all the cable and satellite channels and both those services in general. They are fast becoming obsolete technology in the internet age and the handwriting is on the wall. More and more people everyday are watching television, via the internet. Where they can watch what they want, when they want and for a lot cheaper price.I know what little tv I watch is on the internet and many of the people I know going the same way.

In fact I have been saying for years, if I were the CEO of Time-Warner or if Time-Warner had half a brain; as well the other cable and satellite providers, I would already be moving to phase out the cable part of our business and be focusing solely on providing internet access and becoming the nations largest internet provider. That is the future of cable companies, well the only future they have, because the old models of cable and satellite are obsolete.

I know the article is focusing on cable news channels numbers, but I would wager if you look at cable channels across the board they are showing rapid viewership loss. People are chucking cable and satellite in droves and just using the internet and I would say the state of the current economy is just speeding the process up.

Anyway, just my opinion on it.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm surprised MSNBC isn't down as well. They're up 3 percent, but they're starting to lose their edge with younger viewers.

Speaking strictly for me, I actually made a deliberate decision to stop watching cable TV news about 3 weeks ago because I was sick of partisan political spin. Just absolutely sick of it. It isn't CNN's fault, they just give people a forum.

I'm fine with someone being an advocate for their own position. But this isn't what they do these days. They distort, insult, ridicule and demonize the other side. Their message is aimed toward two groups: people who aren't very smart and people who think with their emotions rather than the logical side of their brain.

I'd like to think I don't belong to either group.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It's probably due to the election season and campaigns that air 24 hours a day. There is only so much 2012 presidential election and coverage of Travon Martin's death and Zimmermans trial that EVEN the average American can take. It's unfortunate the MSM doesn't do real journalism anymore, indepth research into topics Americans are actually concerned about, instead the MSM picks 1 or 2 topics and tell the Americans that is what they are interested in hearing about until their ears bleed.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftistThe article goes on to note: "They are turning to independent shows, like mine, and like The Young Turks... they are turning to news sites like The Huffington Post and Daily Caller... " Press TV is also up

More Lies yet.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
i was once an avid viewer of news programs,
When it stopped being informative and devolved into what is is now, I quit.

I can't stand these goofy looking people trying to act like they are my best buddies!

CNN Headline news needs to change its name to "The Robin Meade Giggle Fest", or "The Nancy Grace I Don't Really Know What I'm Talking About, But I'll Try My Hardest To Make You Believe Me Show"....

Give me a REAL Journalist with a piece of paper in their hand, and just give me the FACTS!

Turn the clock back about 30 years, and I'll start watching again....

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Came across this interesting graph on Alexa.com www.alexa.com...#

If you go to the 'Search %' tab (it shows the percentage of visits that came from a search engine) it shows a 19% drop for the last 30 days and a 29% drop for the last 3 months. Same thing for CNN and even Yahoo?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here is a video somebody shared with me.
The segment had a journalist who raised some good talking points that might answer some questions posted on here, for example, speculations as to why the viewers dropped so much other than the reasoning the news is using. That lie is to brush off the facts and to hide how deep their wounds really go by saying the disasters last year did not get many viewers as being the sole reason for the viewers dropping.

Originally posted by PvtHudson

RT is extremely biased. Its like MSNBC on crack........

I guess what a few of you are saying is that people are just moving to new sources of biased propaganda.

I have to disagree with that statement. RT has covered a lot of events talked about here on ATS that the MSM would never touch and they usually have guests on the shows that promote discussions from both sides of the issue (not just the government’s PR employees) that help the viewers gain a scope on what happened. For instance, when the flotilla attack happened they had Normal Finkelstein on the show versus David Pollack the guy defending the attack, both had genuinely diametrically opposed views (not an "expert" with a fabricated weak view easily attacked by the government mouthpieces to dupe the public to be more in favor of that government). If what you claim is true that RT is biased, wouldn’t it be better to have biased coverage as opposed to being ignored?

edit on 30-3-2012 by MultiversalSoul because: Added sentences.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I just tried watching the Situation Room because Chris Mathews has a tingle up his leg and Fox News The Five is less interesting than grass growing. I got as far as "I'm Wolf Blitzer" and had to shut it down. TV news is DEAD.

People are starting to get it. When the media was hyping up Bush as the sole reason for the countries problems, and that Obama was going to rise from some grave and Utopia was upon us, and people have witnessed that fairy tale and know it was a lie, more and more people are waking up to the fact that the same big money interests run the show and politics is the same side of a 2 sided coin. It's about friggin time.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Watching CNN more than 10 mins give me a headache and makes me sick, its all mainly bs, political garbage about fake puppet policitians and weather disasters most likely caused by tptb using HAARP technology, basically 5 stories for an hour or more. This is why its dying and the reason why they want to censor the internet.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The only person I can stand to watch on CNN is Fareed Zakaria and he's only on Sundays. He does decent shows on a wide array of geopolitical topics and has somewhat fair and unbalanced opinions. Everyone else is garbage in my opinion. Fox News is the worst. You notice how they try and hire only attractive male and female news correspondents and announcers? It makes me want to throw up how the news has become nothing more than 24 hour a day reality TV shows.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wonderful!

Now if only those two stations would learn not to just spout the party line and you know, like report actual, unbiased news, then they'd be a force to be reckoned with.

But somehow, I doubt it. They'll probably just try to blame each other.

Getting people pissed off will only get the turned off, and cause them to change the channel.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I have 2 words that will explain the loss of CNN's viewers.

JOHN KING.

I thought Mitt Romney was the stiffest robotic guy in the world. I was wrong. John King has him beat. He has to be the biggest bore on television. He's a horrible journalist and a pain to watch.

I bet he wears tidy whities.
edit on 29-3-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

Well, I'll bet he at least knows the term you are struggling for is "tighty whities" (meaning white men's briefs).
It sort of weakens your post when you aren't even aware of the terms you are so desperately trying to use to insult.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think the American people have become so convoluted and fractionalized that if any sort of truth started coming through the mainstream channels, people either wouldn't be able to handle it or it would just be lost in the noise and discarded as lies. The intelligent ones already discarded the MSM long ago in the 9/11 hysteria.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's about time individuals of the world started to think, albeit it being just a bit. Mainstream media as a whole are full of slanderous lies and propaganda that look appealing to hear. Continuing to push corporate deceptions becomes increasingly difficult with the proliferation of democratic information technology. The supply of suckers are dying off.
edit on 30-3-2012 by XxForgottenLegendxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Whoever thinks Huffpo doesn't have an agenda is out of their minds. Fox, MSNBC, CNN, Drudge, The Hill, Breitbart, etc. It's both sides. Enough..

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It's funny that I caught this thread today. I haven't watched tv news since... well, I can't remember, but tonight I caught a quick commercial advertising the upcoming news program, mentioning something about a Kardashian and some dude dressed like Batman getting caught for speeding. That was their 10-second sales pitch.

Is this normal? Do they not report actual NEWS anymore? Are these shows now more like the kinder, gentler TMZ?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

I agree and same here. And the CNN has been hyping Bush Hillary Clinton for prez?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
i hope that CNN=ZZZ will collapse soon !!! They are the NAZI ZION filthy mouth !

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I used to watch FOX NEWS up until what they did to Hank Williams jr.. He was making an over-exaggerated comparison and they(Gretchen) acted like he hailed Hitler or something. They got Hank fired from monday night football and drug his name through the mud all because he didn't know the golden rule; Bow to all zionists like a good ol' goyim. I think it opened his and a lot of his fans eyes to what's goin' on. Now, all news is is a bunch of models, with cleavage, read the telepromters of madness. It's like they have a wire plugged into the back of their heads and if you follow the wire behind the curtain there is this evil, little man with a laptop, sending out commands to all the robots.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
FOX, CNN, et al. shouldn't be defined as "news" but entertainment. They don't do any investigating; they are hired models used to read a teleprompter and keep you dangling on a hook with the next "breaking" story. It's disgusting to watch people oogle at the screen and take in all the bullcrap as if it's somehow meaningful or relevant.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join