It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm getting sick of this journey..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by OhNoItsCritical

You have been spoiled. You have a significant other? Lucky you. You have lost the ability to count your blessings. You might need some suffering to fix that.

This post, as well as several others have really humbled me. I truly am blessed. It's so easy to overlook and under-appreciate the things that you have in your life. Times may be hard right now, but things always work out, even if they're pushed to the very edge. I know this, it's how it always has been.

Thank you all for responding. You've really helped lift my spirits and make me see that everything truly is perfect. It's so easy to lose faith and to lose trust in the hard times, I think that it's a challenge, but an important one. We truly do have help and guidance every single minute of our lives, even at their worst.

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by netgamer7k

Faith is the end of confusion. And God is not the author of confusion. Confusion is from the spirit of error, not the spirit of truth. It's time to learn who Jesus is according to the Bible, not what others say who he is.

Really? Faith?
Let's see......"confidence or trust in a person or thing," "belief that is not based on proof." Are you really saying that once a person is no longer confused, they see Faith as an answer to everything? Isn't this also called wishful thinking? When no real evidence can be found believers resort to "their faith." Claiming something is true because of faith is exactly the same as claiming that something is true merely because you want it to be true. Faith is not inductive reasoning. Faith is not using ones Logic. Faith does not equal Knowledge, and Experience. Faith is often an excuse for ignorance.
Deny Ignorance, friend.

And as for placing my "faith" in a book written by, and changed by men, many times over for various political reasons. The people who authored the books contained in the Bible were not Historians, no, they were men with an agenda, an axe to grind. I have read the KJV, the NIV, the Epic of Gilgamesh, the First Book of Adam and Eve, the Book of Jubilees, the Odes of Solomon, the Key of Solomon, and the Lessor Key of Solomon, the Wisdom of Solomon, the Apocalypse of Thomas, Flavius Josephus; "The Antiquities of the Jews," The Essene Gospel of Peace, studied the Kabbala for three years, studied the Golden Dawn Traditions for two years. I would say I am pretty well educated in the field you mentioned. I did in fact find out who Jesus is, and that he escaped the cross, lived with his wife for many years, fathered a son, Judah, and a daughter, Sarah, and then died, and his bones are now in a ossuary in Talpiot, Jerusalem. I learned that the Hebrew People, the people of Abraham, and Noah, do not believe in "Jesus," and say he did not fulfill the prophecies, and is not the Messiah. I leaned there was not a "J" in the common language until about 500 years ago, and that there are no Vowels in the Hebrew language. And in all of this study, coupled with over 10,000 books in my life, the only evidence I ever found of Jesus is one book alone, and it's authorship is still in question.

I guess it would take a lot of this "Faith" to believe all of these things in the face of a knowledge that shows it to be baseless, and illogical.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'll tell you this much: You are not alone. I am going through very similar circumstances right now. I've been close to saying "f_ _ k it" a few times. INstead, I've decided to start another business. It's no crazier than sitting around waiting for some nonexistent job to materialize.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
if youre getting sick of it, then you need to reassess what your journey is. for a true spiritual journey, its an amazing insightful exploration. maybe youre just having trouble initiating a true journey.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
you just described my entire life

i feel the same about enployment forced into it i studied 2012 for 7 years now its hear everything i predicted is happining (i did not predict an end just the awakining i no longer see possible due to the world of idiots)
as far as relationships i stoped desireing anyone so thats probly just the outcomb of personal exspireiance

tbh tho i hope a world changeing event happens if not where doomed

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I feel the same way almost exactly. Except I feel like I have more and more control over my reality just with my thoughts. But less in control of my emotion. which affects my thoughts wich.....It's so confusing nowdays......and then so clear. I just know we are going threw constant changes faster and faster.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
We're learning to live in our hearts.. and we're migrating from our mind. This can be quite challenging.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokinmirrors
I feel the same way almost exactly. Except I feel like I have more and more control over my reality just with my thoughts. But less in control of my emotion. which affects my thoughts wich.....It's so confusing nowdays......and then so clear. I just know we are going threw constant changes faster and faster.

Don't listen to society. When you feel you need to rest - DO IT.

& most importantly Follow your heart.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Yeah man, I feel where you're at. I had a 3 year relationship go sour last Valentines Day, and as a result I spent more time dwelling and stuck in a rut and really got nowhere, but it woke me up as a spiritual calling that was more significant than previously connected with.

From there I just sort of started to take my spiritual journey much more seriously. I get you with relationships seemingly detiorating all around. That's how I feel, and it seems to be everywhere I look now, or a good few people just seem to be cascading from partner to partner, but how's that changed? I had a thought earlier doing the dishes? That the mentality of "tomorrow's just another day" is going to have a new meaning soon.

This is our life, though, if we believe we have any free will or creativity, we should be able to vent it. You need balance, I do too, so hell, I'm out of place to say it, but balance is necessary with all things. If you lean towards the negative, your thoughts will empower the negative. It works the same the other way around, just seems harder to get to.

Start researching the world man. Gather every single thing you can for your own archival database that further empowers your operation system and spiritual journey. Whatever you enstill yourself as, or feel you believe, or are close or at one with. If you can't travel right now, start making some plans, map the world. Don't accept an ultimatum of crap and feeling horrible. It will encompass you for longer. Don't stress, quell your mind.

That will mean nothing really with the relationship tension, but if you think you can save it, or you think it's worth saving, because some stuff just vanishes once it's gone, then consider doing that, or accept what you already see as truth if it's guiding you.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Your story sounds very similar to mine. It may seem of very little value to you now, but the "ups and downs" are apart of the process. Through these experiences we learn what is required of us in order to advance to the next state. For me, that has invovled a lot of emotional clearing and acceptance of what is - good and bad. At times I felt as if i were being force to let go of everything that ive known and trusted. It is like having the rug; no, your world pulled out from under you...i thought i was "losing it". But i have come to view the whole experience, all the positives, as well as, the struggles, as a blessing. Through it Ive discovered that what i thought " worked" for me does not, ie. some friends, my career choice, religious views, my marriage...etc. The marriage " truths" were not a surprise, but we were willing to work through our problems...well, " something" intervened, and I'm now okay with that.

It was initially almost *impossible* for me to accept that the life that i had worked so hard to create and perfect was, indeed, far from perfect, and just barely d*mned functional...then came the judgement. In my mind, the universe turned against me - i had to have someone or something to blame. i felt that i had been set up to fail, but in the end, all i could see was myself and my mistakes. I became very angry and depressed, hyper critical and insecure, crying almost daily for a month. Eventually, i made a decision to just forgive...everyone including myself for everything, and a miracle was the result...now i KNOW that this process was absolutely necessary for me to continue to develop spiritually and otherwise.

Im not completely sold on the law of attraction phenomenon, but I can relate to the fear of attracting the wrong type of energies...for a time, i had this grand notion that i was somehow directly responsible for some weird and unfortunate events happening around me. But i think its just the ego trying to make sense of us sensing our own divinity...it is a very profoundly empowering experience to come to know who and what you truly are. I think we align with our " higher" conscious in this way...maybe this fear is related to the ego trying to reassert itself as the more dominate mode of thinking, feeling, being in this world. I dunno. But even if we are somehow responsible, we can still offer love and forgiveness to ourselves.

If you need a break, pause for as long as is needed. You might start with avoiding taking in any more.negative information for now. It is like junkfood to the spirit, and if you are in the initial process of "awakening", then it is spiritual kryptonite. Lol. But all joking aside, it's not very useful, in my most humble opinion. Meditation, spending time in nature, and music seems to help me ground. I have also found consolation, at least for now, through studying Michael Sharp's materials. Seeking guidance from " above" ( regardless of what you believe) also helps.

Everything is in it's place.

Light and Love to you Brother

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Faith is not about trusting people or 'things'. Faith is seeing that there is only this moment and this moment takes care of itself.
Wishful 'thinking' is what causes your suffering. Faith does not need any 'thinking'. 'Thinking' is the opposite to 'faith'. 'Faith' is indeed the end of confusion, confusion is caused by 'believing' your 'thinking'. Your 'thinking' is flawed if you are confused or unhappy or distressed. 'Thinking' says this is wrong, it should not be, 'Faith' is acceptance that it is ok just as it is. Why argue with reality?
The human mind resists and fights what IS. What IS is!! There can be no confusion when the truth is seen.

You say that 'Faith' is not inductive reasoning, you say 'Faith' is not using ones Logic and 'Faith' does not equal Knowledge, you are right. Human reasoning, logic and knowledge are survival techniques developed through fear of annilation. It is this fear that is felt deep inside that drives the human mind to try to escape its own self. The mind/man looks elsewhere for relief, it looks to the future for the end of suffering.
The suffering can and does end when you stop looking to the mind for the answer because the mind promises but never delivers. Do not have 'faith' in the mind. Do not believe the mind.
'Faith' actually means have faith in nothing.

Only have faith in what is true. Find what is true and when you do you will find you cannot be separate from it.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The fear that drives humans to escape their selves is what causes the separation. You are here and you are now but the mind does not want here and now it wants something else. So the mind distracts you from this ever present moment telling you stories about 'other' or 'else', other times and other people and other things. This is 'wishful thinking', this 'wishful thinking' is the temptress, the devil, satan is whispering lies in your head.
God is here and now but the human mind is never here and now, it lives in the dreamworld of time and imagination, it listens to and believes the devil.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Well said, friend. In fact, I guess I do have what could be termed faith, in a way of speaking. Two days ago our refrigerator up and died. A new one is out of the question, too expensive. Used ones are few and far between. We put feelers out, and bought ice and got the beer cooler out.
We all gathered in the kitchen, and said a small prayer to the Great Mother that we really needed a fridge!

The next morning the phone rang, waking us from sleep. A lady I had worked for last year had just bought a new fridge, and did we want her old one? By the way, they also delivered it to our door, and the man helped my son move it into the house.

I do not do this often, I know that the Goddess/God does not help people, or get involved in the affairs of humankind, but I do know they watch over their children.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HillbillyHippie1[/]
Be you and not one of the "collective" ...

Nothing else matters... If you can make it with nothing but who made you, then you are alive and self-determined, which means your life is your own.

Fix yourself by finding yourself in a way you never have before, and if it don't save that relationship - so be it. It WILL save you!

...If they love YOU, then they will love you being you, but if they no longer love you, then they will not love what it is that you do which is you, but YOU will love what is you and they will no longer matter as much as you thought they earned the right to mean to you.

Well said OP. These are words I live by...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Sounds to me like spiritual masterbation.. Don't get me wrong its not a joke at all. Have you looked into it because the results can be unforgiving. Google it.

This is what I mean and this is the cure. Jesus Christ.
edit on 1-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I'm getting sick of this journey

Which journey is it you refer to?

I can't find a job, nor do I want one. I feel forced into looking for employment.

I get the impression that the survival of your relationship with your girlfriend is the main issue you are concerned about?

Well, if that's the case there is a signifcant aspect to women's psychology that I'm sure you must be aware of. Women's ego seems to coincide with the welfare and status of their unborn children. Poverty, or the perception of a slide into poverty, does not switch on all the mechanisms of attraction in their partnering instinct.

I remember when I believed and look forward to december 21st 2012, believing that something magical was going to happen and save me from all of my problems, but now I don't even believe that.

Women will interpret this as unmanliness - a childlike helplessness, when they themselves are looking for protection and security for themselves and their children.

I used to be afraid of things like the illuminati, GMO, flouride, whether I'll make the ascension or not, and some other things like aliens and whatnot, but I'm not afraid and couldn't care less about any of that anymore.. now it boils down to my relationship with my significant other (which that situation is BEYOND complicated, I won't even bother explaining that, I'll just say that we both want to be together but something is preventing it).

Something is preventing it? - have you thought of the millions of years of conditioning where earth has been a battlefield for survival and as such women have evolved some deep instincts through failure and personal suffering as to which way their bread is best buttered?

Okay, you have discussed so many issues with your GF which worry you or have made you afraid. This may be because you see as flimsy the securities the average person clings to for assurances and you see the bigger picture. But to discuss with a woman the dangers which exist without also showing her a supreme plan for overcoming and dealing with these dangers is to play with fire with the forces of animal attraction.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golden Rule

I'm getting sick of this journey

Which journey is it you refer to?

I can't find a job, nor do I want one. I feel forced into looking for employment.

I get the impression that the survival of your relationship with your girlfriend is the main issue you are concerned about?

Well, if that's the case there is a signifcant aspect to women's psychology that I'm sure you must be aware of. Women's ego seems to coincide with the welfare and status of their unborn children. Poverty, or the perception of a slide into poverty, does not switch on all the mechanisms of attraction in their partnering instinct.

I remember when I believed and look forward to december 21st 2012, believing that something magical was going to happen and save me from all of my problems, but now I don't even believe that.

Women will interpret this as unmanliness - a childlike helplessness, when they themselves are looking for protection and security for themselves and their children.

I used to be afraid of things like the illuminati, GMO, flouride, whether I'll make the ascension or not, and some other things like aliens and whatnot, but I'm not afraid and couldn't care less about any of that anymore.. now it boils down to my relationship with my significant other (which that situation is BEYOND complicated, I won't even bother explaining that, I'll just say that we both want to be together but something is preventing it).

Something is preventing it? - have you thought of the millions of years of conditioning where earth has been a battlefield for survival and as such women have evolved some deep instincts through failure and personal suffering as to which way their bread is best buttered?

Okay, you have discussed so many issues with your GF which worry you or have made you afraid. This may be because you see as flimsy the securities the average person clings to for assurances and you see the bigger picture. But to discuss with a woman the dangers which exist without also showing her a supreme plan for overcoming and dealing with these dangers is to play with fire with the forces of animal attraction.

Wow. I'm not even sure what to say about this. You seem to have a very sexist attitude towards women, you can't lump up "women" into a category of "women", it seems very much that you're stereotyping on a very large basis. While I appreciate your input and time to post, it seems a bit superficial and I definitely disagree with a lot of what you said. I'd rather not explain my situation with her, as it's kind of personal, but I will say that a lot of what you said doesn't apply to her/us, and certain aspects are just the complete opposite.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Never " try " to do anything, simply let it all happen, and realize it when so.

If you spend all your time looking or waiting, you will miss out on the actually tidbits that make up who you are.

As simple as stopping to smell the flowers or say hi to a random stranger.

Stay lit

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Heavens OP - I'm guessing you are a teen as this self obsession and overly analytical approach is pretty typical. It's not a failing, it's just a 'rite of passage' that many of us go through. Things will become better as you get older. Meanwhile enjoy the moment and try to quit thinking about everything so much. As the previous poster said, some things just can't be forced. They will happen in their own time.
edit on 2-4-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Heavens OP - I'm guessing you are a teen as this self obsession and overly analytical approach is pretty typical. It's not a failing, it's just a 'rite of passage' that many of us go through. Things will become better as you get older. Meanwhile enjoy the moment and try to quit thinking about everything so much. As the previous poster said, some things just can't be forced. They will happen in their own time.

Nah, definitely not a teen. Perhaps spiritually immature? Yes, I don't doubt that. I've grown and learned a lot over these past 2 years, but it's been heavily based on spirituality instead of physicality/material aspects. The way I grew up I developed myself to become emotionally numb, and in the past 2 years have been the process of my crumbling my walls and learning to love.

It's been exhausting, but wonderful. I just look forward, with much anticipation, to be able to enjoy physicality again. I know it will happen when the time is right, as everything does, but I just hope it's soon. I've been getting more and more time to enjoy lately, sometimes a week or two of enjoyment, but then it's back to emotional clearing/spiritual development. I guess I should appreciate those weeks, up until a few months ago I'd only have a day or two every week to actually feel happy.

So, I guess it's a slow process. Sometimes I just get caught up in it and forget to be grateful for the days that I really get to enjoy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join