It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US suspends food aid to N Korea-Pentagon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If the North Korean government doesn't feed its people, the people will revolt or the people will die.
ultimately North Korea will be left in charge of a baron and desolate waste land, or they will be killed by the revolt.
I think its in the interests of the north korean gvt to receive and deliver food aid.
I mean, they aren't stockpiling for for the Guinness book of records are they?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
How about a stealth air drop of food to the worst affected areas ,B2s with groceries.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

No it applies to war time in which the enemy cannot use starvation against opposing forces, it does not say anything about the own country.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Alot of food aid gets rerouted to the military. They won't allow monitors in to ensure it goes where its needed. Here's a link.

www.cnas.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I understand that, you forgot one major thing THE_PROFESSIONAL. Here I will let you read Protocol I

deoxy.org...

Revision: Article 54 to help you out.
Revision(2): I should have said, I understand what the Geneva Convention says not understand with what you are saying.
edit on 29-3-2012 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine...
- From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook
So maybe a bit mute on that.Rules in war are really sort of guidelines......

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine...

Care to explain how you interpret the doctrine?

So a russians opinion just makes it mute?

Are you russian?
edit on 29-3-2012 by beam1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Why should we feed them? Are they as bad as their leaders in making the right decisions? They need to overthrow that leadership and join today's global trade and get that much needed food on their own or die because we didn`t liberate them due to China.

And yes they should be able to play with space junk but only after they feed their people correctly till then shoot that thing out of the sky when launched. Funny how they can build weapons and not grow food don`t you think?

For the life of me why do we feed any other country but our own?
We have homeless people here in the states. Not only do we not feed them we are breaking the law if we do. So screw this crap of giving any other country food.

Till they stop the hate all I want to give them is the middle finger honestly. They all hate Americans there yet think we should feed them to not do this or not do that. Is it just me or does that really sound crazy when we should just stop them from just doing this and just doing that. China likes them let China feed them then.

I watched a documentary on this doctor where he was allowed to enter North Korea and perform some basic operation in restoring sight to the North Korean population. They didn`t thank the doctor they thanked their leader. We need to liberate them not feed them. Just how long have we been feeding Africa and it has done what. Made them dependant. on it and nothing more.

This is the one country we should have been setting straight even if it means war with China. Not libya they didn`t treat their people like this and it sure isn`t Iran treating their people like this. I also blame China for letting this go on and being the only threat in stopping it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

Ah sort of like the pirates code right? Personally Total war guidelines would be better. a starving enemy is a weak enemy. We are not as rough as we need to be. Other nations use the tactic why not the US? its a fact when you cant eat you get weak,and when they get weak they get sloppy,and in turn get dead.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

I agree, they are neglecting there own people. I feel bad for the citizens, but there is fear that the food aid will be going to the top brass and not the citizens. I also seen that documentary, they are thanking the leader for what? Destroying there lives?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

" china likes them let china feed them"

Exactly... Sk wanted to be liberated and look how they are doing.. Nobody talks about that though..

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I guess the great leader i snot so great after all eh? North koreans finally paying for their blind devotion to a short insignifigant man who could not say hans blix for his life. Its a shame really,but as others have said let their masters China feed them. We need to stop feeding people who hate us. Lets see them eat hate and see how long they live.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Care shall be taken in warfare to protect the natural environment against widespread, long-term and severe damage. This protection includes a prohibition of the use of methods or means of warfare which are intended or may be expected to cause such damage to the natural environment and thereby to prejudice the health or survival of the population

Seems the US is a war criminal........theyve polluted every country where they have used depleted uranium weapons.....
Vietnam +defoliants....=.....war crime

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Care shall be taken in warfare to protect the natural environment against widespread, long-term and severe damage. This protection includes a prohibition of the use of methods or means of warfare which are intended or may be expected to cause such damage to the natural environment and thereby to prejudice the health or survival of the population

Seems the US is a war criminal........theyve polluted every country where they have used depleted uranium weapons.....
Vietnam +defoliants....=.....war crime

Vietnam might be off because i think those rules were wrote after that conflict. Or the stipulation that as long as the enemy is not there in said enviroment to not damage the enviroment. If the enemy was there and no civilians present at the time of deployment its not a war crime.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Till they stop the hate all I want to give them is the middle finger honestly.

You are not alone in this, but it is just continuing to build and reinforce the wall. How would someone from NK feel if they read this thread with comments like 'let them starve' as stuff. Behind this leader we have about 24 Million people (about Australia's population), just normal everyday people born into a situation. I have meet some great people from SK, and would very much expect the same kind of thing from NK as well, if they did not have to live behind this wall and stuck in the situation they are in.

I also understand the US situation is not good with starvation a growing problem. International conflict will only exacerbate the problem around the world as trade links to solve the issues collapse. I very much agree that things do need to be straightened out and this wall come down. The cultural barriers between NK and SK appear to be more extreme than in Germany and a lot of planning, discussion and direction is going to be needed. I do hope that one day soon the people of the north and south can get together to pull down this wall. First we do have to get rid of this 'ceasefire' and provide enough security to get to 'peace'.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hope it is real, providing 1 cent to them is wrong and I do not care what you say, humanitarian or anything.

Providing aid to a country who can spend billions on weapons and hate does not deserve

ONE

DAMN

PENNY

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Many people forget that due to its geography, it is very difficult to grow a variety of food, just as it is in South Korea. Most food would need to be imported, but they are unable to do that as a result of sanctions. I'm not defending the regime, just stating that the situation is more complex.

It is my opinion that the US needs to have the 'threat' of North Korea for various reasons. The first reason being that it provides a good reason for the US troops to remain in South Korea, which is something that the SK people are not too happy about. The second reason NK provides a buffer zone to China's increasing sphere of influence.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Finally .We really need to suspend aid to about 80% of the countries we give stuff to

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beam1

Still think they should have nukes?

Considering how the international community is uniting to set the nuclear agenda to decrease and has strengthened under START, if you have not got any nukes now it is too late. Growing up in a world where nuclear weapons have been proliferating it has very much been a competition to see who can get into this club. In a way this is great as no one nation gets complete authority and it provides a very clear separation of powers for international discussions.

With previous Korea peace talks shutting down on the nuclear issue, it is good that NK is releasing its nuclear ambitions and this issue is getting behind us all. As the benefits of capitalism has out flanked communism on all sides of NK, there is an awareness that things do need to change. How this is achieved is the next step.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I have no problem at all using extortion against enemies and dictators....why the hell should we support countries that hate us...we have our own people sleeping under bridges and we feed Somali warlords?Bah

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join