It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US suspends food aid to N Korea-Pentagon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

by the same token, Iran could perceive that as a direct threat from the US... and nothing changes as America continues to bully people.

America bullies no one.You want our aid you get it on our terms.Break those terms and you get..wait for it..nothing!There's a reason we're a super power and North Korea isn't.

edit on 30-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beam1

As for this Ballistic capability, yes they could put a bomb in it, or a satellite, or a dog, propaganda material or pretty much anything they want. A missile is a transport device and with some tweaks to a few widgets could carry anything as long as it falls within weight and size restrictions.

Is this coming back to that Remote Viewing prediction where some are fearful that NK will sneak a bomb into this test and blow a hole in our atmosphere that leads to the eventual destruction of civilisation? If so, have their been any recent developments with such predictions?

As for your continued harping on about the recent shelling of SK. The death toll for this Korean conflict is around 1 - 1.5 Million koreanwarstuff.com... . As a parent walking in on a couple of kids fighting, I do not care who started it. I want it stopped now.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
America bullies no one?

Like I said, let them be cut of and if it stays the same the international community will continue to poke and prod them with violence instead of pulling back hand outs that were needed from famine caused by God only knows what.

again... Like i already stated, let them be cut off. qouting me to make a rhetorical point to something I already committed on is nothing more than what it is.
edit on 30-3-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

America bullies no one?

Like I said, let them be cut of and if it stays the same the international community will continue to poke and prod them with violence instead of pulling back hand outs that were needed from famine caused by God only knows what.

again... Like i already stated, let them be cut off. qouting me to make a rhetorical point to something I already committed on is nothing more than what it is.

I guess this was aimed at me so I'll respond.Yes,America bullies no one.As I've already said...you want our aid you will get it on our terms.You bet your ass if it was reversed and America needed aid we'd have to hold up our end of the bargain.As for the rest of your post Im not responding as it has nothing to do with what I said.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

America bullies no one?

I guess this was aimed at me so I'll respond.Yes,America bullies no one.As I've already said...you want our aid you will get it on our terms.You bet your ass if it was reversed and America needed aid we'd have to hold up our end of the bargain.As for the rest of your post Im not responding as it has nothing to do with what I said.

hold up our end of the bargain? You mean get rid of OUR nukes?

See definition of bullying.

Ftr... we have taken all sorts of things from foreign countries in many different forms including hand outs... and from countries supposedly against nuclear proliferation. W have so many ways to kill and maim I can't even believe someone would make a statement about the us keeping up it's end of bargains. We have weapons of mass destruction coming out the wazoo and somebody makes this comment. Too funny.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

America bullies no one?

Ftr... we have taken all sorts of things from foreign countries in many different forms including hand outs... and from countries supposedly against nuclear proliferation. W have so many ways to kill and maim I can't even believe someone would make a statement about the us keeping up it's end of bargains. We have weapons of mass destruction coming out the wazoo and somebody makes this comment. Too funny.

What are you talking about? I made no such claims about killing and maiming people.You clearly did not read what I posted.I posted nothing about nukes or the nuclear program.I simply stated if you make an agreement with a country,stick to it.I guess you just didn't get what i was saying.Instead you went on a rant about nukes.Again,that has not a damn thing to do with what I posted.sorry op,I'm done with this poster,I don't mean to derail your thread.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

America bullies no one?

What are you talking about? I made no such claims about killing and maiming people.You clearly did not read what I posted.I posted nothing about nukes or the nuclear program.I simply stated if you make an agreement with a country,stick to it.I guess you just didn't get what i was saying.Instead you went on a rant about nukes.Again,that has not a damn thing to do with what I posted.

I don't know why in the world you fail to gather the gist of that post.

You are aware that the Unites states has weapons of mass destruction and kill and maim people on a constant basis, right?

It's a really simple question... yes or no. When you answer the question in your mind, go back and reread the post and maybe then you will get it.

you don't HAVE to say it.

You do not manifest what the government does so why then would you need to verbally approve of it before I can speak of it as FACT?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

America bullies no one?

What are you talking about? I made no such claims about killing and maiming people.You clearly did not read what I posted.I posted nothing about nukes or the nuclear program.I simply stated if you make an agreement with a country,stick to it.I guess you just didn't get what i was saying.Instead you went on a rant about nukes.Again,that has not a damn thing to do with what I posted.

I don't know why in the world you fail to gather the gist of that post.

You are aware that the Unites states has weapons of mass destruction and kill and maim people on a constant basis, right?

It's a really simple question... yes or no. When you answer the question in your mind, go back and reread the post and maybe then you will get it.

you don't HAVE to say it.

You do not manifest what the government does so why then would you need to verbally approve of it before I can speak of it as FACT?

Short answer..yes I'm aware.And it's needed.You're naive if you think a country like North Korea who,mind you,can't even feed its people should have them.That's all I'm going to say.If you want to continue this pm me.i'm not clogging the op's thread up with this bs.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
no thank you. my opinion on this wasn't exactly a request to talk to you and I have no desire to argue other than basically restating my opinion. there are some serious double standards at work here if you think the us needs nuclear weapons.

I guess all nuclear weapons are dangerous to the entire world except the ones that belong to the us.

We certainly don't want to set off nukes in our own borders because of the aftermath obviously, but you say we might NEED them.... for what? to nuke some other country? In THEIR territory.

hell, busting into someone's turf being all hostile and opening fire is bad enough, but thinking one day we might NEED to NUKE another country... well, that's clear that you just don't get it.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LordGoofus

I agree that no one has all the answers, not even the emperor of NK as there are just too many difficult issues to confront and it is going to take a large commitment by both parties to work through these challenges. China is an important player holding the bag due to their support and the strategic importance of NK over the years. Russia seams to have lost interest once the cold war ended, but still caught up in the mess as a national neighbour.

The thought of using force to end this sounds like Korea will end in a wasteland even without the nuclear option as their are large forces on both side. If as much international pressure and attention was getting placed on peace talks instead of war talks would that help? Is discussion about how we achieve peace better than talking about why we continue war?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

If you want to continue this pm me.i'm not clogging the op's thread up with this bs.

Don't worry about that, this bs has been going on a lot longer. If you could cut down some of the quoted text to just the main point or two it would help.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by satron

You find starving people a source of amusement........?
2nd line

I don't see the UK kicking in any food aid, unless you know something I don't,easy to sit back and criticise someone for not doing enough while your country does zero, I think N.Korea should be allowed to fire their nukes anywhere they want too, and the first time one peeks it's head over 100 feet, they should be blown out of existance, and using stragetic weapons wipe out the leaders, and free the people, this has gone on long enough with 38 thousand US troops on the border for over 50 years C'mon now that is enough,thats a lot of wages for troops to sit around playing cards and waiting, waiting, waiting for what? and why does anyone want too feed these stupid people who believe anything they are told,get them out of the organized Government Rallies and into the farm land and GEE I have a great idea grow some FOOD instead of using those hands clapping some fat ego maniac who needs someone to kick his Ass, OH ok you feed us and we will not try to bomb you #@$% off, i don't care too much for Obama but good on him

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Yea...starve the people because you don't like other countries advancing....don't you just love how the US picks a chooses it strategies aye?

In light of North Korea's actions, the United States had 'no confidence' that it was possible to 'to ensure that the food assistance goes to the starving people and not the regime elite,' Lavoy said before the House Armed Services Committee.

Yea cuz the super elite really want tinned cans and bags of rice

edit on 29-3-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

Lavoy most likely misspoke. I'm sure the NK elite don't give a damn about 50b bags of rice - Kim Jong-il was famous for his apparent addiction to Johnny Walker Blue and caviar and I'm sure his Western-educated son is no different - but they would sure as hell have no problem feeding it to the robust NK Army while those in trouble with the regime (and their families who have done nothing wrong at all) rot away in multi-generational gulags. North Korean Gulags

I'm all for feeding starving people, but there is no way in hell any US food aid would ever get to them. It would be used to feed the NK Army. US Food Aid Goes To NK Army (Multiple Sources)

Please don't swallow the hype that the US is in ANY way responsible for either the the conditions that cause the NK people to starve in the first place, OR for feeding them.

North Korea spends ONE THIRD of it's GDP on its military, whereas the US - with the world's largest military, and military budget - spends 4.8 percent.

Pyongyang also could reduce the extraordinarily high share of resources going to the military -- perhaps a third or even more of GDP. Redeploying a significant amount of money and effort even in such an inefficient system could prevent the North Korean people from starving. But the military is an important tool of social control. It also has become the most important political foundation of the regime. Finally, only the DPRK's destructive military capabilities -- conventional and nascent nuclear -- cause other nations to pay attention to the North. ~ SOURCE

It is THEIR responsibility to feed their people, and if they spent less on their obsession with weaponry they could feed them.
SOURCE 1
SOURCE 2

Blame the NK government, not the US; we ain't got jack to do with their problems. It's called the "Hermit Kingdom" for a reason; they want to go it alone. Fine, let them.

edit on 3/30/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
If the North Korean government doesn't feed its people, the people will revolt or the people will die.
ultimately North Korea will be left in charge of a baron and desolate waste land, or they will be killed by the revolt.
I think its in the interests of the north korean gvt to receive and deliver food aid.
I mean, they aren't stockpiling for for the Guinness book of records are they?

it kinda of Difficult for a Revolt when this Country thinks that their Trinity Great Leaders!

Are A Living God!!!!!!! well.. the One is in Power Now ... the Holy Ghost of the Trinity

the Most Blind sided Religious Country in the World ....

The Most Orwellian Country in the World with the Religious Twist : Leaders as a God ....

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Starve the people because we have to quit paying for the world. How bout NK quits spending it's money foolishly and actually spends it for the people for once. If I had a starving population I'd be trying to get my agriculture back on line and worry less about launching rockets... wouldn't you?!?!?!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
something right for a change

maybe if their idiot govt would grow food instead of nukes they would not be starving. our govt should have taken out their dictator along time ago but we cant we are soooooo afraid of china
edit on 30-3-2012 by thebarbecuemaster because: add the truth

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Yea...starve the people because you don't like other countries advancing....don't you just love how the US picks a chooses it strategies aye?

The US isn't starving anyone, the North Korean government are. Nothing is more beneficial to the future of North Korea than ending foreign aid to it's people.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Space race? My ass! More like a spy satellite or another missile test.

Taking the word of that Orwellian Hobbit kingdom's military is like believing in Lord Xenu!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
reply to post by kwakakev

#1 - North Korens are starving sole due to the IDIOCY of the countries dictator regeime.

#2 - No country in the world 'owes' NK food

#3 - Whether considered a compassionate humanitarian offer to help people who have been starving and eating rats and bugs for years, or a bribe to a rogue country in an attempt to buy safety and security for SK and the rest of the world, the US (or any other country for that matter) IS NOT AT FAULT.

Agree completely.

The people of NK has to shape their government just the way every other country does.
Amazing this scenario is pretty much like the criminals who opt for the laws that protect their basic rights but continue to commit crimes. When arrested, they become intelligent and ask for the lawyer. Only person suffering in that case is the victim (robbery or murder). In NK's case, its their citizens who suffer for their government's policies and practices. Its a country frozen in time some 50 years back (atleast politically).

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Care shall be taken in warfare to protect the natural environment against widespread, long-term and severe damage. This protection includes a prohibition of the use of methods or means of warfare which are intended or may be expected to cause such damage to the natural environment and thereby to prejudice the health or survival of the population

Seems the US is a war criminal........theyve polluted every country where they have used depleted uranium weapons.....
Vietnam +defoliants....=.....war crime

We are referring to NK here. I do not see any conflict between US and NK...yet. Oh and other industrialized nations do not pollute? You do not need a war to pollute any nation. Just visit WHO and click on several statistical studies and analysis links.

WHO

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join