It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 to as much as 30 degrees above average Temp for late March in some of MI?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
www.crh.noaa.gov...

Unseasonable and record warmth will continue across parts of northern Michigan for another day. High temperatures will trend a little cooler today, but still will average 20 to as much as 30 degrees above average for late March

The table below shows daily record high temperatures for several locations starting last Friday and continuing through yesterday. While new daily high temperature records have been achieved at all six locations, even more impressive, all-time high temperature records for the entire month of March have been set at all locations.

20 to 30 degrees above average? Ouch. That seems pretty extreme to me. Here's the chart in the link.

Here's another bit from the same website.

www.crh.noaa.gov...

Most springs, the primary growing season doesn’t begin in Northern Lower Michigan until late April or early May. This is normally when Frost Advisory and Freeze Warning headlines start to be issued by the Gaylord NWS. However, the recent stretch of record setting summer-like warmth has caused the growing season to begin roughly six weeks sooner than normal.

6 weeks sooner than normal? How will this affect wildife in the area?

Im guessing this has taken some residents of the area by suprise. If it was 30 degrees higher than the average temperature in my area, I would blast my AC on full blast.
edit on 27-3-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I believe the chart you posted is for the previous records and now the new records. I'm from SW Michigan and we beat the previous RECORD highs by over 20 degrees. I think a couple days we were over 40 degrees above the average daily temp. It's cooled off a bit but we're still at least 10 degrees above normal. And it's been like this consistently for the past couple weeks. It's crazy. Hell, we already have dandelions in my yard.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

I'm from SW Michigan and we beat the previous RECORD highs by over 20 degrees.

Holy cow! Beat the previous record high by over 20 degrees? That must have been a real shocker to everyone in the area. Hopefully it isnt 20 degrees above previous record highs during the summer.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm in southeast MI. It has really cooled off here now. Things are more back to normal so to speak. We are also back to frost freeze warnings. I took advantage of the warmer weather and got my early crops in, out in my garden. I'm having to cover them tonight again as I did last night due to the cold though. Both my parents and I had carrots and onions we left in the ground through the winter come back to life. We are even eating fresh carrots again.

I do worry about howe the rest of this growing season is going to go. Could be a rocky one if the weather continues to fluctuate the way it is.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It will only get worse as the year goes by because the sun is giving off alot of cmts and flares. I have been watching the YouTube videos of MrCometWatch, who is very thorough and scientific as he explains what is going on with the sun and the earthquakes and the comets. He also has a website that you can go to to do your own research and it is all very informative.

Solar Heat Watch

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
We've a cold and miserable March, far colder than normal for the Fraser Valley which usually has mild springs.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It's happening here in New England as well- crazy stuff......

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm also from Southeast Michigan, Redford Township to be exact. I believe what we are witnessing around the world with the odd and unusual weather is not global warming but our climate is begging to shift. We could debate for hours on end why the climate is shifting, but the fact remain the climate is changing.

Based upon my study of history I have noticed several periods in time when the climate has shifted and drastically changed local ecosystems, turning once green savannas to desert and frozen wastelands in to habitat land. This pattern occurs about once every 26,000 years, this date also coincides with the Galactic Equinox which occurs every 26,000 years. And once every 30 Million years our Star dips below the Galactic Equator. And once every 30 million years or so there have been great cataclysms recorded in earth geological record. It could be a coincidence but I've never believed in coincidences.

top topics

join