It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane Michigan government announces plan to destroy ranch livestock based on hair color and arrest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Insane Michigan government announces plan to destroy ranch livestock based on hair color and arrest hundreds of ranchers as felons

Insane Michigan government announces plan to destroy ranch livestock based on hair color and arrest hundreds of ranchers as felons Learn more: www.naturalnews.com

The state of Michigan is only days away from engaging in what can only be called true "animal genocide" -- the mass murder of ranch animals based on the color of their hair. It's all part of a shocking new "Invasive Species Order" (ISO) put in place by Michigan's Department of Natural Resources (DNR). This Invasive Species Order suddenly and shockingly defines virtually all open-range pigs raised by small family farms to be illegal "invasive species," and possession of just one of these animals
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
buzz.naturalnews.com
www.youtube.com
www.michigan.gov
www.bakersgreenacres.com
edit on Tue Mar 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Wow this is crazy.The Michigan state government is going to wipe out pig herds on several family farms and arrest the farm owners for keeping them. This could end violently as some farmers have vowed to resist. Apparently they think that the pork industry is behind this to stamp out competition from specialty farms. This is all being done under the guise of the pigs being feral pigs. However these are somewhat free range pigs being raised by farmers specifically not simply wild feral pigs.

Coming to a family farm near you soon. This is I am sure a test run to see how the people react. If this continues we will soon live in a hellish world where all food is government approved grown on factory farms owned and operated by the likes of Monsanto, Syngenta, and the their ilk. With GMO plants pink slime and a host of other wonderful chemicals and hormones that are good for you because the government says so. And it will all be government mandated or you vill be arrested and re-educated comrad... Report to central processing citizen...

Here is a good video interview of one of the farmers:

Insane Michigan government announces plan to destroy ranch livestock based on hair color and arrest hundreds of ranchers as felons Learn more: www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
holy cow!

Thats not only insane but pretty obviously targeting smaller business and family's right?

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I can't think of a better way to start a Civil War. I do not know how this will fly in Michigan, but here in NC, and with me... I believe I would have to go muis loco on some federali butt.

Back in the day, a "revenuer" would be shot on sight poking around a man's farm and still... history has a way of repeating itself.

And we have to ask why people are leaving the "enlightened" states of California, New York, and Michigan? I just got home from work and just finished feeding my goats, chickens, horses, and my pigs and hogs... now I am eating a late lunch and you got me all worked up.

I wonder what a state or federal inspector would do if he saw a crazed Scot-Irish descendant running at him with face half blue and half white wearing a kilt and swinging a battle axe?

"They may take our homes and our wives and our pigs... but they will never take our freedom!"

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
michigan farmers are probably some of the most heavily armed people in the country i dont see it going down like that. if this were to really happen on the scale ur suggesting im sure i would have heard about it seeing as my family is all from michigan.

this is the wolverine state no one tells us what to do. ask ohio

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Now in this instance, what other option does the small farmer have beside protecting his property with force? The DNR is saying they are going to come and seize ALL of his pigs and he will not receive ANY compensation for his losses.

That is nothing short of robbery.

The DNR wants farmers to raise this:
www.helladelicious.com...
www.flickr.com...
moonshineink.com...

Instead of this:
www.ag.auburn.edu...
ethicalplate.files.wordpress.com...
www.gatherrestaurant.com...

I am so #ing infuriated by this that it makes me feel ill.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
correct me if im wrong but isnt natural news a sensationalist website neway?

all these laws come from the sheep in the southern part of michigan. your going to have a hard time finding people in the north that will blindly follow a law like they do down by me in detroit

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What do expect from a state that allows Detroit to exist?

link   
I hope hundreds of cops swarm on family farms to attempt to destroy various families' livliehood and are shot and killed for their effort. This would be a big freaking wake up call to both the federal and state governments that we are fed up with them. And yes I know you scum are whatching and listening.
edit on 3/27/2012 by unsteadystate because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
link   
Now is the time to act by the local sheriffs. It is THEIR DUTY to protect the citizens of their county and we have seen in the recent past local sheriffs doing just that.

These farmers need to reach out and ask for help. It may never come, but there is always the possibility of some good guys still left at the local level.

I really feel for these people. I guarantee that this is bought and paid for legislation by the PORK industry.

link   
You have got to be kidding me!
I can't see this going over well. I can seriously see people getting hurt. I know I would go right to his house if the fellow that raises my pigs has a problem.

So, they are going to waste all these pigs, yet they can't seem to do anything about the actual feral pig problem we do have?

What a freaking joke. Guess it's time for yet another letter to the dumb SOB's in Lansing.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullypulpit

your talk alot of $#*% for being behind a computer. especially about a city that put the world on wheels.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Your farm subsidy tax dollars at work.

USDA is more interested in seeing farmers grow crops for ethanol fuel and high fructose corn syrup than see farmers actually grow crops or raise animals for - oh, I don't know - FOOD.

This is the biggest reason food prices are so high, that most of the arable land in the USA is being subsidized to grow non edible crops (you can't eat the corn grown for ethanol or HFCS).

Food price increases have nothing to do with the cost of gasoline, as the MSM would have you believe.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wow. I'm speechless.

What is next? People....that's the only thing.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
correct me if im wrong but isnt natural news a sensationalist website neway?

all these laws come from the sheep in the southern part of michigan. your going to have a hard time finding people in the north that will blindly follow a law like they do down by me in detroit

Some people think so however I have been visiting the site for years and found it quite accurate for the most part.

I hope your right and that the farmers/people will stand up. Maybe the Michigan Militia will get involved if bureauRats show up with rifles... Someone has got to make a stand somewhere.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by unsteadystate

I hope hundreds of cops swarm on family farms to attempt to destroy various families' livliehood and are shot and killed for their effort. This would be a big freaking wake up call to both the federal and state governments that we are fed up with them. And yes I know you scum are whatching and listening.

This is why we had the deliberate collapse of the American economy, so there would be plenty of desperate people who will take jobs they would not normally take, like ruining the lives of their fellow citizens, all to make rich foreigners more rich.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Your farm subsidy tax dollars at work.

USDA is more interested in seeing farmers grow crops for ethanol fuel and high fructose corn syrup than see farmers actually grow crops or raise animals for - oh, I don't know - FOOD.

This is the biggest reason food prices are so high, that most of the arable land in the USA is being subsidized to grow non edible crops (you can't eat the corn grown for ethanol or HFCS).

Food price increases have nothing to do with the cost of gasoline, as the MSM would have you believe.

Not true the crops grown for ethanol are not replacing food crops that is a myth:

www.ethanolproducer.com...

But this is about pigs and family farms not ethanol vs food prices so lets try and keep it on topic...
edit on 27-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This can't be real?

Someone tell me this isn't real?

Please?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wild bores were introduced to the USA many years before Columbus got credit for discovering America. They were brought over by the Vikings and possibly other Europeans. They had become part of the Ecosystem until they were hunted out about two hundred years ago. I do not agree they should be running wild but to ban them from a farmers herd is a violation of reasonable thought. I think that they should fire most of the overeducated idiots in the DNR. Let the conservative hunting clubs manage our wild game. If the Fish and Wildlife Service was managing things we would be better. At least they bring their trainees into the woods to camp while they learn. The heads of the DNR are disconnected from Nature because they know only what's in books. You cannot teach someone who has more respect for Education than nature to understand nature. Advance those who have been working in the field for years up to the top unless someone young has been found that has been around the older workers and knows what is going on. Someone who can learn from the experience of the real elders.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
A word to the wise... follow-up on anything coming from naturalnews before believing what they say. The actual document (here) includes details that naturalnews left out. Such as under the amendment of prohibited species:

Wild boar, wild hog, wild swine, feral pig, feral hog, feral swine, Old world swine, razorback, eurasian wild boar, Russian wild boar (Sus scrofa Linnaeus). This subsection does not and is not intended to affect sus domestica involved in domestic hog production.

This legislation is intended to weed out wild boars from domestic hog production.

Sus scrofa - Wild Boar
Sus domestica - Domestic Pig

Lets do a little comparison between naturalnews and the actual document shall we?

From OP (naturalnews)

Here's some of the language from the Michigan document describing which animals are to be destroyed. Remember: For a pig to qualify as "feral" according to state tyrants, it only has to exhibit ONE of these traits, not all of them:

1) Bristle-tip coloration: exhibit bristle tips that are lighter in color (e.g., white, cream, or buff) than the rest of the hair shaft.

2) Dark point coloration: exhibits "points" (i.e., distal portions of the snout, ears, legs, and tail) that are dark brown to black in coloration, and lack light-colored tips on the bristles.

3) Coat coloration: exhibit a number of coat coloration patterns: solid black, solid red / brown, black and white spotted, black and red / brown spotted.

Now same section from document:

In its enforcement of the ISO and Part 413 of 1994 PA 451, as amended, the MDNR will use phenotype to identify Sus scrofa and distinguish it from other species. Identification may include use of one or more of the following characteristics (Mayer and Brisbin 2008):

• Bristle-tip coloration: Sus scrofa exhibit bristle tips that are lighter in color (e.g., white, cream, or buff) than the rest of the hair shaft. This expression is most frequently observed across the dorsal portion and sides of the snout/face, and on the back and sides of the animal’s body.

• Dark “point” coloration: Sus scrofa exhibit “points” (i.e., distal portions of the snout, ears, legs, and tail) that are dark brown to black in coloration, and lack light-colored tips on the bristles.

• Coat coloration: Sus scrofa exhibit a number of coat coloration patterns. Patterns most frequently observed among wild/feral/hybrid types are: wild/grizzled; solid black; solid red/brown; black and white spotted; black and red/brown spotted.

Notice how the actual document attempts to differentiate between wild boars and domestic pigs? Now I'm not really commenting on if this is proper or not. I'm sure these guidelines will be misinterpreted causing various issues. It could very well be a conspiracy so that the Michigan Animal Farmers Association can eliminate small local operations, maybe not. Maybe they just want to make sure the pork you get on your plate is not some wild, feral boar (which I'm not really against).

My only point - don't trust naturalnews to be your only source of info.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join