It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane Michigan government announces plan to destroy ranch livestock based on hair color and arrest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
Beyond Fencesitter, did anyone else read the document?

If these folks were harboring illegal aliens, you'd be all for running those folks (workers and farmers) out on a rail, but since this is killing an invasive species you're all for the farmers? Really? Why? Because the pigs aren't from Mexico?

Feel free to read about the crop destruction from farmers caused by the feral hogs, it is rife in the actual agricultural news areas.

Last I checked, the invasive strains of feral hogs are in 23 states and a huge number of those states allow year round hunting of the species due to the destruction of crops, ecosystems, property and putting a huge strain on native species. Personally I'd love to go hog hunting we my American Bulldog, it is what she was MADE for!

Derek

edit on 3/27/2012 by satoriku because: no reply

Well Derek, yes I have read the document AND agree with those that view this as a potentially dangerous precedent. You however should do a little more reading yourself. "Documentation" is a whole other conversation my friend and one I'm sure will find us at opposite ends of. This discussion however is about feral traits in domestically raised pig and NOT about feral ones. Distinctions, distinctions...
edit on 3/27/2012 by satoriku because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Let me get this straight . . . The pork-pushers in the guvmet . . .want to send in da pigs . . . to rob da farmers . . .

of da pigs they may have . . . that aint quite as pretty as dem other pigs . . . cause of there coloring and all . . .

and dat may mean the cost of my pork rinds mighten increase !! Well SOOWEEE !!!!!!!!

We's a gonna have us a hog fight sure enuf !!! SOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!

Sooooweeeeeeeeeeeeee .

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by Viesczy

The farmers who are experiencing crop damage have the right to go out and shoot the hogs, without a permit even. When whitetail deer cause crop damage you must obtain a permit to kill them out of season. With hogs you can kill them anytime of the year with no permit. In fact it is encouraged that all hunters shoot wild hogs when they see them out in the woods. It is the farmers responsibility to care for his crops and that includes preventing crop damage from any species.

Exactly! Feral hogs are considered varmints in most states and it is open season on them year round its been that way for as long as I can remember and probably much longer. What these idiots are doing is saying if your domestics hogs have any feral traits they must be killed cause they might get lose and become wild...Sigh

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
To me this reeks of Soviet-era manipulation.

Taking away livestock based on an invented pretence? Outright manipulation and lies to centralize industry? These acts by our government cary sick and disgusting implications, if true.

Somehow, I find this hard to believe.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Animals are being targeted everywhere. Here in Australia certain breeds of dogs are banned completely. Cats and dogs now have to be registered, and cats are being forced to remain inside houses 24 hours a day. Makes you wonder what the game is. Why target animals? Is it because animals can't talk back. Not counting Mr Ed of course. Makes you wonder how long it will be before humans are treated as animals. No, wait. We already are.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The public outcry will be enough to stop this.

Should be stamped out pretty quickly

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This is insane! We have wild hogs here in the south that cause damage, but these are wild! Domesticated pigs are a threat now? Looks like Monsanto controls the crops, and now these guys want the livestock. Folks, we are going down a slippery slope here. I hope those farmers show their 2nd amendment rights, this is getting out of hand. But in a way this is good, we need wake up calls like this for the country, this is the only way the sheep will wake up from their slumber.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I sure hope that the Michigan Militia gets involved with this one. The government is overstepping its bounds. I hope these farmers don't give up without a fight.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I read the reasons cited for the destruction of the pigs and I still don't get it.

Is the federal Government going to repay them for losses? Or jst come in and wipe them out and leave":?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Most of the people who could do anything around here can't, they are too old now to challenge anything. The young that aren't spoiled or completely brainwashed are few and far between. It seems like the ones that would be willing to fight for us have been disabled in the past and ongoing wars. Other soldiers aren't being respected when they return so will side with the government. The national news blows up lack of respect articles and vets not getting jobs to stir up vets against the public. They never seem to put homecoming celebrations of soldiers on the news. Separation of public and state. I guess the guys are going to loose their pigs.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's just one more move to control food supply, like
Monsanto
is trying to do with their seeds and genetic manipulation.
There may come a time when a government or corporation fully succeeds, and in turn, controls the world. But until then, we will keep seeing these little steps and nudges in that direction.

For anyone out there who's a Christian (not I), I find it interesting that the bible discusses this scenario somewhat. According to it, a powerful group of people will one day control the world's food supply. And... It's actually in the making.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
We have a big ferral pig problem in Oz cause of the lack opublic engageing in hunting these days now that our drought has broken the animals especialy pests are booming causeing all kinds of problems. I would have thought hunting would still be very popular in US and we know you got the fire power so are ferral pigs a real problem there and if so why?

I thought even domestic pigs turned into ferrals if released into the wild.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I would like to know what Ted Nugent has to say about this?

Won't the wild boar/pig still be out there running wild if the chosen for death domestic pigs
are obliterated

Do the poor and hungry get the meat?

I live in Michigan in farm country and my property backs up to State Game Land . In 40 years of
country living In MI. I have never seen 1 feral pig nor have I heard stories of them.

Not that they are not there but but just how bad could it be?
edit on 27-3-2012 by azureskys because: added thought

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Governments controlling the food supply has happened multiple times in history. It's not even original tactics.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Troll or Yooper?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
We know by now that there is always something hidden
bigger we aren't allowed to see....this is either a distraction or is setting a precedent for a bigger event or regulation/response.Wait for it....
edit on 27-3-2012 by Bullypulpit because: Silent snowflakes falling gently on a wolverines tail

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

edit on 27-3-2012 by Bullypulpit because: Mistake

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Not a Yooper but have lived in MI. 50yrs and I hunt, fish, wilderness camp and have done a little trapping.
Spent a lot of time in the U.P.

Just saying.. I have not seen wild pig while out there in it.

edit on 27-3-2012 by azureskys because: corrected spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Oh, the pigs around here used to get pretty wild, I used to have a few drinks with them sometimes.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Why ask if I am a troll ?

By the way I live in the thumb.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join