It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I'll be tossing my micro now...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Are you talking about ready meals? Those things are bad for you regardless of how you cook them to be honest. Grab a cook book, go buy the ingredients, and have some fun in the kitchen. Cooking is great to do with the kids or partner.

Btw I'm not judging you, I've had my fair share of ready meals!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I really hate Technophobes...
I used to have a great grandfather who kept plugs in outlets to keep the electricity from escaping, and thought it would give you cancer, but would eat a ton of bacon and smoked...

That said, I will repeat the experiment OP and I think you should too, and what will you say if the results are different? Would you come back and say you are fear mongering?

Personally, I have a kid and she always forgets her chores to water the plants...
edit on 27-3-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Have 20 lab mice, 10 male, 10 female; 5 each for both groups. 10 get purified water boiled in the microwave, 10 get purified water from the bottle, non-boiled. Continue this for 2 years as the two separate groups breed generation to generation. Monitor for mutations in genes, high death rate/low birth rate, life expectancy, weight, performance in simple cognitive tasks. This should at least be good enough to warrant a larger experiment.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

Lot of people haten the wave here lol. So I went digging a bit.

OP I commend the student used her brain like some not all but some kids today.

We have already seen that water is heated up in a microwave oven. It is an extremely unwise idea to expose live creatures, which are about 90% water, to microwave radiation. Put simply, any creature will die when exposed to microwave oven radiation long enough for water to boil.

www.physlink.com...

and if you want to get really wave crazy lol. I found this at fda.gov and it all about Microwaves

www.fda.gov...

Now can we take a break, and get a little educated, then come back and have a real debate.

Hopefully I didn't chime in to late
edit on 27-3-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I gave mine up, and threw it away a few months ago. HEre is my thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I found it hard at first, but after finding foods that don't need a microwave I feel much better. My food tastes better, and I don't worry about what I am putting in my body. I have been using the stove top, broiler, and my grill outside to cook everything. It is wonderful.

I will never buy one again.

I also have been buying everything that says NON-GMO on it too. I have been eating Morning Star burgers instead of Cow, I love it. I quit drinking pop-I drink water or Silk (Soy Milk-the chocolate is the bomb!).

I feel healthy!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The science of this can be argued ad nauseum, but as far as I'm concerned, microwave food tastes like crap. It toughens and dries up meats, it makes bread and tortillas rubbery, and I don't care for the way it makes food taste.

I have the time, so I cook and reheat foods the old-fashioned way.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

I brought my Lavender plants in during winter and the ones out in the kitchen by the microwave died.

I noticed the food taste ickier too just like FissionSurplus said.

Now I slow cook or pan cook my stuff mostly.

I like wild rice with low sodium chicken or vegetable broth -- slow cook it (takes hours) but wild rice taste so good. Then when the rice is cooked, not mushy, will still be a little crisp, add broccoli, chopped up carrots, ham or chicken and a can of cream of mushroom soup or other flavoring.

Slow cookers are nice for several reasons, you don't have to be a great cook to create some really good meals. You pour in the liquid and rice and forget it for a few hours. Then add other stuff, beans, whatever you have laying around and you have a one pot to clean meal.

I also add in at the end a package of Uncle Ben's Ready Rice either Long Grain & Wild with 23 herbs and seasonings (never give you enough Wild Rice) or Uncle Ben's Butter and Garlic.

You can also add in a jar of Tostito's medium Salsa Con Queso (jar cheese that is really yummy with broccoli and ham)

My husband wouldn't throw out our two microwaves or his behemoth plasma TV no matter what but I don't use the microwave or TV much any more and feel better physically.

I heard somewhere that one should also, pull your bed away from the wall, most people sleep with their head near a wall and the average wall has tons of electrical wiring running through it and our brains run on electromagnetic brain waves. Since I have I have slept better but that may just be a coincidence.

Cell phones, cell towers, microwaves, I believe are not healthy. But that again is my own opinion from what I've read.

www.bio.net...

samlf3rd's response was fantastic, I'm pretty much doing what he/she is doing and really feel better.

edit on 27-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
But Wait........

Its still good for frying those pesky little RFID chips in credit cards.......

but that's about all its good for.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy
reply to post by Starchild23

You guys can argue the little things all you want but its called Microwave Radiation for a reason! RADIATION. If it killed a plant in 9 days than obviously its not good for humans. But you go ahead and keep heating your food with microwaves and I will do my thing, then in 50 years lets meet up and see who is healthier.

Luckily microwaves are not powered of Radium or Plutonium.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It seems as if the ones arguing against this being true are avid microwave users lol, cant live without their popcorn. It should kinda be obvious that microwaves aren't good for you.. I mean put a piece of aluminum foil or something into a microwave.. I promise it isnt he same kinda heating process as a regular oven lol..If you were subjected to these types of radiation what would happen to the body? Okay now remind yourself that you're eating the food that comes outta these things.

Instead of it heating it up the old school way with actual warmth it is a synthetic type of heating. That is what makes the difference of whether the molecules are havin a party or not.

edit on 27-3-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
honestly I have my doubts that any of you know how a microwave oven works... wow. But thats been common-place on ats lately. Talking about something you actually have no knowledge about.

Anyway... go check how it works, then tell me how can they be evil.

EDIT: oh and pelvi, we have aprox 0.000087 % of aluminium on our bodies... That must be why the microwave ovens are so bad for us...

edit on 27-3-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Microwave heating is different than conventional cooking. The idea is that the flipping of polar molecules rapidly can damage nutrients, that otherwise wouldn't have been affected, or as adversely affected, if conventionally heated.

Since the heating is different, it's reasonable to think that there could be problems with the microwave heated food.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I personally don't care for microwaves.

Not because of the OP, but because certain foods taste different to me after being microwaved. I'd rather use the stove or make things from scratch, just fits my liking a bit more.

Even if microwaves do cause cancer -- people have been using them since they've been invented. It's not like people are dropping like flies at age 20 because they eat microwave dinners.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
For all the people talking about not feeling great after eating mocrowaved food.. its because its almost always low level food..

Like you should always be cooking your own food scratch..always..

well... if you fancy a quick can of soup, or baked beans, or if your in a rush a jar of pasta sauce/curry sauce to be cooked in the oven or a pot with your meat and veg then fair enough..

but generally... dont be so lazy... cook food from scratch, i heat soup and beans and on the odd occasion micro rice in the microwave when in a hurry (also you must leave the "nuked" food for a good 2 minutes before eating to allow them to stop cooking)

cooking from scratch has a larger initial price for ingredients but you mkae that back in herbs and spices for the use you get out them, meat it generally quite cheap, it really doesnt take to long to do either..

i have a family, i work, my other half works, we have a busy social life, it takes very little time and i fully belive cooking crap all the time and not cooking from scratch is nothing more than lazy.

sorry i went a little off topic and ranty but i read too many posts talking about feeling bad after microwaved food....

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i think i remember this story.. didnt it turn out the kid was microwaving the water in some kinda plastic bowl, and the plastic was off gassing.. polluting the water...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Here's one to try.

Take 2 glasses of equal size and water from the same source.
Now Microwave one until it is Boiling Hot....Let it cool slowly.

Now take the other glass and do Nothing with the water....or boil it on the stove (doesn't matter).

So now you need some seeds (I used whole kernel corn) and 2 bowls and some paper towels.

You want to lay the paper towels or other absorbent material into each bowl...
put seeds on top of towel, then cover again with remainder....

Now mark each bowl or at least the one you will be adding "Microwaved" water to...

Now add some of the water out of each glass to the separate bowls -- One microwaved and one fresh OR stove top boiled (doesn't matter)....

So you want enough water to maybe cover over seeds by about 1/4" or so....just don't fill completely.

Now take these bowls with the "watered" seeds and put in a dark cupboard or any other dark location and don 't bother for 5 or 6 days....sometimes a little longer.

Now go back and check on your babies.....

Simply the one with the microwaved water will NOT have sprouted......DEATH
The other cup (natural water) will have wild growth..............................

Do you see a problem??

I tried this about 4 years ago with corn from the grain elevator I worked at.
Did it a few years earlier too. Same outcome. DEATH

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well if you need a long term case study... I am over 50 and I don't know for sure when I started using nukes. But I can tell you that I use them almost exclusively. I heat 4 cups of water a day for my coffee. I bake taters, eggs, whatever in them to save time. I been doin it for decades. Now you tell me.

Remember 4 cups of coffee a day. To be true I also smoked a pack a day for a lot of years as well. I am not bragging just weighing in with personal experience for what it's worth. After all these years, I can say that food cooked in a nuke tastes bad, is dried out and will surely burn your tongue if you can't wait long enough for it to cool.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

You sure have a way with words...
as to a negative phase though...

To Bad......

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
WOW i was always wondering if microwave heating did something bad. Thanks!

(needs to be re-polarized with positive ion charge before eating, must polarize minerals together again in ion bonds.)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Can i just heat up my hot chocolates?
You can have the rest....but i like my hot milk with cocoa out of the microwave.......
Will that kill me too soon?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join