It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I'll be tossing my micro now...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I knew that microwaving stuff made the food taste worse, and I had an incling that it was'nt good for you, but killing a plant in 9 days
This was sent to me through an e-mail. I found this article very interesting. It really makes you wonder, If microwaves were invented in what the 60's? In the last fifty years the only advancement int heating food is they added a light to help heat it... There has to be a better way. Sorry the pics are so small, first time uploading images...

Link

Very interesting!!!! Is it time to act??????? Below is a Science fair project presented by a girl in a secondary school in Sussex. In it she took filtered water and divided it into two parts.

The first part she heated to boiling in a pan on the stove, and the second part she heated to boiling in a microwave. Then after cooling she used the water to water two identical plants to see if there would be any difference in the growth between the normal boiled water and the water boiled in a microwave. She was thinking that the structure or energy of the water may be compromised by microwave. As it turned out, even she was amazed at the difference, after the experiment which was repeated by her class mates a number of times and had the same result

It has been known for some years that the problem with microwaved anything is not the radiation people used to worry about, it’s how it corrupts the DNA in the food so the body can not recognize it. Microwaves don’t work different ways on different substances. Whatever you put into the microwave suffers the same destructive process. Microwaves agitate the molecules to move faster and faster. This movement causes friction which denatures the original make-up of the substance. It results in destroyed vitamins, minerals, proteins and generates the new stuff called radiolytic compounds, things that are not found in nature. So the body wraps it in fat cells to protect itself from the dead food or it eliminates it fast. Think of all the Mothers heating up milk in these ‘Safe’ appliances. What about the nurse in Canada that warmed up blood for a transfusion patient and accidentally killed him when the blood went in dead. But the makers say it’s safe. But proof is in the pictures of living plants dying!!!

FORENSIC RESEARCH DOCUMENT Prepared By: William P. Kopp A. R. E. C. Research Operations TO61-7R10/10-77F05 RELEASE PRIORITY: CLASS I ROO1a

Ten Reasons to dispose off your Microwave Oven >From the conclusions of the Swiss, Russian and German scientific clinical studies, we can no longer ignore the microwave oven sitting in our kitchens. Based on this research, one can conclude this article with the following:

1). Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term – permanent – brain damage by ‘shorting out’ electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].

2). The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.

3). Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.

4). The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.

5). Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.

6). The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.

7). Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumours]. This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in UK and America .

8). The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.

9). Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.

10). Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.

edit on 27-3-2012 by princeguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2012 by princeguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
So...one of the greatest inventions since beer is supposed to go out the window, reducing us to cook-from-scratch at home and avoiding fast food joints?

Seriously, we already know the government has made poisoning the cheapest way to live. We're used to it by now.

Way to make life simpler.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Here is an active link to the same article...

MIcrowave test

another link to article

I'll go read it now......
edit on 27-3-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add content

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
Here is an active link to the same article...

MIcrowave test

another link to article

I'll go read it now......
edit on 27-3-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add content

Thank you! I'll move that up to the main article now.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Don't use or have a microwave. I knew that those things were evil, as every time I ate something cooked in that thing, it gave me a sickening feeling. Besides, we have to know how to cook from "scratch" anyway; or we may not survive.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
i dont think made up 'facts' like this help the case against microwaves.

10). Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.

either way i wont be throwing mine away based on a school girls science class project.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Indeed.

Did you know chocolate can cause cancer? Yeah. Thing is, you have to eat a full car-sized load of it. Even then, the chances of actually getting cancer are uncertain, and you'll barf it up before that anyway.

The point is, there is a noticeable lack of statistics and numbers in this research. How about we wait for the big boys at Harvard and Stanford to do their own tests before we make any calls on whether our beloved technology is doing more harm than good.

After all, we're taking it on faith that her tests were fool proof. I see no data other than her conclusions. Derp much?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skada
Don't use or have a microwave. I knew that those things were evil, as every time I ate something cooked in that thing, it gave me a sickening feeling. Besides, we have to know how to cook from "scratch" anyway; or we may not survive.

Wait wait wait...so is it your personal taste in heating processes that makes the microwave evil, or your superhuman ability to sense low-level radiation through your stomach tissues?

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I can appreciate the effort and sentiment here but you're not going to get proper results with 2 test plants.

Need at least 1000 of each and a very controlled environment.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

This is quite disturbing... Getting rid of the home microwave is a start, and avoiding fast food dives also seems like a good idea. But I have been working in the industry for 6-7 years now and people would be blown away at how many "high end" restaraunts/hotels etc. depend on microwaves. When I first started out as a cook (after college) I found them being used in many many places I didn't expect.... And people still love the food, and most dont notice the microwave taste... There really is no way to know how your food is prepared unless you personally walk through the kitchen... I rarely eat anywhere other than my kitchen, not because I fear the microwave but because I like to know my food is prepared properly... That and I dont trust most cooks (maybe just a little paranoid)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
My brother refuses to have a microwave in his house and I seldom use mine. This article reminds me of why. Maybe it is time to chuck mine too. When I see the results of that plant experiment it terrifies me what this appliance could do to me, my husband and my kids.

I am going to try this experiment myself.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

i think microwaves have always been with us they wernt invented.............oh you mean microwave ovens 1950s i think

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I can appreciate the effort and sentiment here but you're not going to get proper results with 2 test plants.

Not only that, what do people think is gonna happen when you "fry" a nutrients given to a plant?

We all know the thing cooks at a higher faster lvl then conventional means is bound to change things......

I looked at the test and all i could think was "derp" pretty much what one would expect!
edit on 27-3-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Exactly. You need to control the temperatures in the room, the soil composition, test with at least a hundred different biological structures (including rats and monkeys), include a wide range of microwave models, record their average radiation output, factor in the breakdown of radiation components over time, and examine in detail the exact effects of the radiation on the cellular structure.

In other words, this kid pretty much invented a possibility, but not a reality. Now you see an example of people jumping the wagon with bad news. You can bet if it was just a new microwave model in this thread, no one would have read it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Not only that, what do people think is gonna happen when you "fry" a plant?

We all know the thing cooks at a higher faster lvl then conventional means......

I looked at the test and all i could think was "derp" pretty much what one would expect!

She didn't fry them. She fried the water and gave it to them.
edit on CTuesdayam393944f44America/Chicago27 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Not only that, what do people think is gonna happen when you "fry" a plant?

We all know the thing cooks at a higher faster lvl then conventional means......

She didn't fry them. She fried the water and gave it to them.
edit on CTuesdayam393944f44America/Chicago27 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Yeah kinda what i meant , sorry i didnt specify, long night and little sleep...edited for correctness.....thank you

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

You guys can argue the little things all you want but its called Microwave Radiation for a reason! RADIATION. If it killed a plant in 9 days than obviously its not good for humans. But you go ahead and keep heating your food with microwaves and I will do my thing, then in 50 years lets meet up and see who is healthier.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Could microwaves be also one of the major factors in the rise of babies being born Autistic? The parents eating all that nuke food may have altered their eggs and sperm, couple that with all the nuke food the mother eats while the baby is gestating.

The timeline fits,and maybe even moreso as microwave ovens have proliferated throughout society.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

You never know, I would really like to tho!!
There could be all kinds of stuff going on today that has to do with microwaves. We all have been using them most of our lives. This is just one part of our grand awakening. But what I am mostly interested in is how else can we heat up our food in an efficient manner? I have never used a toaster oven. How do they work?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Threw mine out 10 years ago.
I noticed I didn't feel that great after a micro meal.
My wife and I are only convection oven, which does
take a bit longer. Meals are about 15 minutes vs 5min on a micro.
But the food tastes so much better. Things get crisp and brown.
Not Chernobyl and soggy.
Congratulations!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join