It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Ancient Alien Animals Brought To Earth For Man To Domesticate?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Cats are alien I'll bet.Just look at them...watching you.Slit eyes like a reptile and seeming pleased they made you mad.They know what you're saying but they will not do it.Insidious little beings monitoring humanity.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
I am only saying that there should be a way to prove or disprove this idea through genetic and/or fossil records of the existance of sheep on earth.

There is no genetic evidence that sheep, or anything other organism, evolved on another planet. There is evidence that everything on Earth evolved here. Sheep, humans, mushrooms, trees, and E. coli all have the same universal ancestor, which lived between 3 and 4 billion years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

I've read a recent scholarly translation of the Enuma Elish several times, and I don't remember anything about sheep from outer space. Maybe it's in that part where Marduk gets all of his names. My eyes always glaze over at that part.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Besides humans, what "animal" species are mysterious genetically/evolutionarily, and likely to have alien DNA?

Can someone list the likely candidates of alien importation/ge?

As opposed to the bulk of animals which evolved solely on earth from primordial soup?

edit on 25-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Regarding sheep and their ancestry, I came across this article:

retrieverman.wordpress.com...

"I got interested in sheep because of a disagreement I had with a particular sermon that I heard as a young boy. The elderly Methodist minister said that the reason why sheep and lambs were so revered in the Bible was because they had no wild ancestors. The sheep exists solely as a domestic animal for man to use, just as man exists solely for God’s purposes."

"Of course, I was skeptical. I had never heard of a domestic species that had no wild variant. Animals didn’t just appear.

"So I began to research it."

"There are some populations of mouflon (possible earlier wild version of sheep) in Iran. However, no one has found a genetic connection between these mouflon and the domestic sheep."

"To make matters even less clear, it turns out that Asian domestic sheep and European domestic sheep have a considerable amount of genetic divergence. That means that domestic sheep could come from two unknown subspecies of wild sheep. It could also mean that domestic sheep are a hodgepodge of various mouflon subspecies, including some unknown or extinct forms. It could also mean that domestic sheep descend from at least one unknown species that is closely related to the wild mouflon of Iran."

Ultimately, the results of his analysis remain speculative and inconclusive. However, in the end, he postulates that there must have been some extinct or currently unknown early version of the sheep originating in Iran (Mesopotamia)...after all, they couldn't have simply been dropped out of the sky (my words)?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
Besides humans, what "animal" species are mysterious genetically/evolutionarily, and likely to have alien DNA?

Can someone list the likely candidates of alien importation/ge?

As opposed to the bulk of animals which evolved solely on earth from primordial soup?

edit on 25-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

wombats.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Maybe they couldn't find the original plant, but they know a plant (teosinte) that is closely related to corn and, according to some people, it was probably a common ancestor of corn and teosinte that was used to be domesticated and become corn as we know it.

The same happens with the other cereals, their ancestors are known (as far as something like that can really be known).

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks, ArMaP.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If aliens did show up with the intent to give humanity civilization for whatever reason it would make sense if they went down, grabbed some potentially useful animals and plants and took them back up to their labs, modified them slightly so that they would be more useful and then bring them back down. If this happened it would be likely that the Sumerians would not have observed the first or second part of that operation. They would only record things as the visitors bringing down animals and seeds from their vessel.

I watched the documentary series Guns, Germs, and Steel a couple of months back and the narrator went over the several places where agriculture independently emerged and he pointed out how the people in the fertile crescent had the most kinds and the most productive (except for corn, that was not present) food animals and grains. That is possibly because of good luck, but it could also be because of intervention. Not sure which one is more likely

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

It also seems that the Anunnaki had a definite taste for mutton (sheep). Could this be because it was standard fare back home on old Niburu? It would make sense that they would have brought down to earth certain flora and fauna for their initial settlements 450,000 years ago.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think in one of stichins books he claimed hemp had been brought by the annunaki from nibiru and introduced it to man because it has so many different uses.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
I watched the documentary series Guns, Germs, and Steel a couple of months back and the narrator went over the several places where agriculture independently emerged and he pointed out how the people in the fertile crescent had the most kinds and the most productive (except for corn, that was not present) food animals and grains. That is possibly because of good luck, but it could also be because of intervention. Not sure which one is more likely
I guess the most likely is that it was a fertile region, in which crops are easier and, in some cases, more frequent.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Well, it was called 'The Fertile Crescent'.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
I think in one of stichins books he claimed hemp had been brought by the annunaki from nibiru and introduced it to man because it has so many different uses.

You may be right about that. I know hemp can be traced back to that region about 10,000 years ago. It was used for rope, and early form of paper...amoung other uses.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If there really were Annunaki, perhaps they simply discovered that sheep were really tasty. Things that are staples in our diets today were once undiscovered and on the other side of the oceans, you know.

Also, taking the mundane explanation as to why the people of the fertile crescent were so blessed with such diverse and productive sources of food it makes sense that such a fertile area would have much biodiversity. It would probably draw all kinds of medium and large size mammals and have plenty potentially productive foods. As they started cultivating them the selective evolution of choosing the most productive specimens to plant the next growing season you would quickly get increased yields and other positive traits.

As to why the agricultural tradition that originated in Mesopotamia had an unusual diversity of food animals compared to the Mesoamerican one, Mesopotamia sat at the crossroads of three continents, and the land being so lush a lot of different types of animal would over a very long time pass through and settle down, increasing the selection. Also, in North America, an extinction had occurred around 10,000+ years ago that killed off a lot of large fauna such as horses and mammoths and whatnot, meaning that agricultural tradition lacked a lot of potential animal diversity.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I was thinking about the supposed mystery of the missing cereal ancestors and I noticed that, in cases like this, they only talk about the missing plants or animals that, according to their ideas, are unknown and a can only be explained by some out of this world explanation, but they never talk about the people.

Humans started eating cereals, but why? They aren't as tasty as fruit, and we need large quantities of those small seeds to get some energy. We use cereals, mostly, because we use the flour to make bread, but how did the ancient people got to that? Does anyone here think that they would think of grinding the cereals and mix the resulting dust with water? How did they reach that stage?

So, while some things are more natural (seeing that some mammal like a sheep gives milk to their little ones the same way humans do its only natural that they would try to get some for themselves, it's a direct connection), things like making flour are much more complicated and, to me, more mysterious than any supposedly missing link in the sheep or cereals lineage.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Wonderful points, ArMaP,...and, of course, the issues of how mankind suddenly learned these skills and these disciplines is thoroughly and straightforwardly addressed in sumerian writings of 5000+ years ago.

Unfortunately for modern science, their very candid explanation of civilization having been directly and suddenly introduced to post deluged man by the gods (Anunnaki), is summarily dismissed as myth.

Keep in mind, also, how suddenly and without much historical precedent, the complicated skills of mining, ore refinement, smelting and elaborate metalworking appeared.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Well, it certainly appeared as if the gods of the old testament (Anunnaki or otherwise) found sheep quite tasty.

It quickly became the early sacrifice of choice to honor the gods; Even old Noah thanked god/Enlil for delivering him safely through the flood to the top of Mount Ararat, by throwing a sheep on the barbie for the lord (ONE of the only TWO remaining in the world?
...and, oddly, what Genesis says is that god actually "smelled" it...and thought it was good.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Wonderful points, ArMaP,...and, of course, the issues of how mankind suddenly learned these skills and these disciplines is thoroughly and straightforwardly addressed in sumerian writings of 5000+ years ago.
But was it really suddenly?

Keep in mind, also, how suddenly and without much historical precedent, the complicated skills of mining, ore refinement, smelting and elaborate metalworking appeared.
That, I don't find strange. They already mined flint stone, for example, so, after finding metals like copper (that may appear, like gold, in it's metal form in nature) that melt at a relatively low temperature, the rest is just a natural evolution of the processes.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Since you state up front that you deny ignorance, I won't try to convince you otherwise of your statement that the speed with which man developed the arts of mining, refining and metalworking is not surprising.
Respectfully, we will have to disagree on that point.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

'AS IT WAS TOLD TO ME BY THE UNIVERSE'

If...it was not for the whale, bat, and dolphin, man would not have blue printed the matrix into the evolved SONAR that you humans use today.

If…it were not for the ant, and termite, humans would not even have knowledge of underground structures, tunnels, subways and other hives that have been built amongst your planet.

If for not the whale, humans would not have the blueprint necessary to build a submarine to travel under water. >>>>> As well as sonar.

If not for the birds design, you humans would not have the evolved knowledge of flight, so there for humans would not be flying>>>>as well as the sonar that’s needed.>>‘bat whale and dolphin’

If not for the dragonfly, helicopters would be obsolete from the matrix.

If not for the ‘2 antennas on insects‘, then man would not have developed communication or have the blue print to put antennas on the television.

If not for the horse, then man would not have blue printed the thought of riding on ‘4‘,therefore the cars would not have been evolved and blue printed into the matrix.

Life is much more complicated and exotic then you might think…its funny how the humans think they really did something or.. so what your saying huh ,that animals are aliens or something, your going to get me in the funny farm,your going to get us banned from this site,I hope they find out about what you are please don’t iterrupt me when explaining to your humans about past history,no im tired im scared somebody help///help ,e ka87shnm,dmn

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join