It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Filmed in Dallas From a Plane - Analyzed & Enhanced - March 2012

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

I don't think it's birds. I've watched the video obsessively for two days now. The objects are going WAY too fast for them to be any kind of bird. If the objects were flying against the plane I might could see the birds explanation, but they are flying with the plane. No angle or perspective is going to make birds look like a bolt of lightening flying past a plane. I don't think it's a reflections because there are two objects going in two different directions at two different times while the camera was focused straight ahead the whole time. They are going too fast and too low near an airport and above a city to be military. Unidentified Flying Objects is what they are.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's a military drone..

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Seriously you people are so dumb sometimes, this is obviously being played in reverse and they are just water droplets.
edit on 25-3-2012 by leecarver430 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Watched video about 20 times now. At first I thought "OMG, instant classic". But as I continued and tried it with sort of a mindset that it might a bird filmed with just right angle, perspective and velocity, that it appears to zip trough the screen with unearthly speed, I instantly started to have serious doubts.

Not convinced, will go mr. Ockham and his famous barber tool on this one.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDQuantum
I noticed some people were wanting to send this video to be looked at. Anyone know a good place to send it? I am the uploader and editor of UFOs Filmed in Dallas From a Plane - Analyzed and Enhanced... and would love to have a professional video analyst check the video out. Someone who could if not identify the objects, at least be able to tell us approximately how fast they are going. I did the best I could with my Pinnacle Studio HD to try and make the video clearer, but would really like to see if it could be cleaned up even better and enhanced more.

Sure. thehoaxkiller (can google it). while he is [somewhat] hated here by some for actually doing real analysis, his work is excellent. people dont like him because he actually, thru VERY good analysis, debunks misidentifications and hoaxes.

you may not like the results though.....unless you are seeking only truth and not confirmation of belief

edit on March 25th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard

Originally posted by robhines
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Wouldn't think so, it's strange to say the least if that's what they are...

One thing that does go with the Jet theory though, is there not a big military base on that area?

But then on the other hand do they not have big no fly zones that they do their flying in?

Its been said before, but I guess I'll go ahead and say it again. They're flying over Ft Worth, but more people know of Dallas so I can see why someone would say this is Dallas instead.

There isn't really a "big" base here, but Ft Worth does have Carswell AFB (that's a Wiki link, but it still gives a decent general history). A lot of times it will be called Naval Air Station Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base, but a lot of people still know it as just Carswell. There's also a pretty big Lockheed Martin plant here. Then there's all of the airports: D/FW International, Love Field, Alliance, Meacham, etc. So its entirely possible in my mind that this could have been some type of military craft.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

You are correct, this plane is flying north and the video is taken from the east side of downtown fort worth. The plane either took off from DFW or is in the pattern circling.

Forth Worth does have Carswell Joint Reserve Base BUT according to FAA rules:

5.7.5. FAA Speed Authorization. The FAA recognizes that certain military operations and training
requirements cannot be met under the terms of the FAR 91.117, Aircraft Speed, and has therefore
granted a speed authorization. The authorization grants an exception to aircraft having flight characteristics
that preclude safe operations at speeds below 250 KIAS "Knots-Indicated Air Speed" by providing that if the minimum safe airspeed for any particular operation is greater than the maximum speed prescribed, the aircraft
may be operated at the minimum safe speed.

5.7.5.1. When the Authorization Applies
Air Force pilots may operate their aircraft below 10,000 ft. MSL, within US airspace, in excess of 250 KIAS only under the following conditions:

5.7.5.1.1. Within restricted areas.

5.7.5.1.2. Within Military Operating Areas (MOAs).

5.7.5.1.3. When operating within MAJCOM approved large-scale exercises or short-term
special missions.
5.7.5.1.4. Within published IFR MTRs.

5.7.5.1.5. Within published VFR MTRs. (Exception. Aircraft will not exceed 250 KIAS on
SR routes)

5.7.5.1.6. Within defined areas or routes that have been coordinated and concurred on by the
proper MAJCOM and FAA regions, but have not yet been published. This provision is
intended to accommodate speed requirements on an interim basis until the area/route can be
published.

5.7.5.1.7. When the aircraft T.O. requires or recommends a higher speed in order to maintain
safe maneuverability. If the safe maneuvering airspeed in the T.O. is listed as a range, fly the
slowest speed practical in that range, based on weight and configuration. This provision is primarily
to accommodate climbs/descents and terminal area operations.

So it is probably not a military aircraft fly so low and fast.

edit on 25-3-2012 by CynicalWabbit because: no reason

edit on 25-3-2012 by CynicalWabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I want to say it's a bird, except last I checked, birds don't fly faster than planes. So I honestly don't know. It could be anything. not enough detail to make out much. But one thing is for sure, it's going fast as hell!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by leecarver430

The video has the same effect in reverse. It doesn't change anything. Someone up there said it was water droplets in reverse. If you play the video in reverse the objects move left to right and the plane moves left to right. Reverse doesn't change a thing.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The only thing you can see in the video is the front of the plane engine so the actual path should be left-to-right.

Also, the "UFOs" appear to move up at some frames along with the plane turbulence and don't stick with a straight path on the background terrain.
edit on 25-3-2012 by leecarver430 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rendier

Originally posted by flyingfish

Originally posted by Rendier
I'm not buying this "it's birds" arguement. If the object was moving from left to right on the screen or straight towards the camera at lower altitude, I would've said: "OK, possible". The fact is that the object moves from the right edge of the screen to the left in under half a second. Even if really close by (compared to the buildings in the background), wouldn't this still imply the object is going alot faster than the airplane?

I'm not a die-hard UFO believer and I won't claim this is a UFO, but untill I see a video reproducing this "increased-velocity-illusion" under similar circumstances, I won't buy this bird bs.

So, you have never seen a bird fly in and out of a cameras view in half a second?

Go look at bird videos it happens all the time.

It's all about perspective.

Post videos instead of telling me to blindly accept it's birds because my current knowledge of perspective and birds doesn't allow me to do so. I'm not calling you out or anything, but if you're so determined to prove it's a bird, stop saying it's a bird and show similar videos or experiments explaining this phenomenom.

As far as I'm concerned, it looks nothing like a bird and it doesn't move like a bird (or atleast like birds I've personally seen in the sky). I'm not going to claim what it is, but I am going to claim it's not a bird untill proven otherwise.

EDIT: after having looked at the videos posted above, I still disagree that it's a bird.

For starters: the first video about birds viewed from a recreational airplane looks NOTHING like the OP video. The birds are clearly visible and don't move nearly as fast (not even close) as the object in the OP video. It only proved that at slow velocity birds are visible, something which I obviously agree with.

The second video about the parallex only proves that objects move visually faster when there's a background move slower. (Or not at all, a set background so to speak) This video does not show any perspective views from inside the car, nor does it show anything regarding the birds having a different trajectory (in 3 dimensional space).

The birds move from left to right in the video and only "drop" about 30-50 pixels orso meaning they're moving not that far off a parallel trajectory. I can see how the parallex effect could make birds move visually faster than normal, but defintely not visually faster than the airplane itself.

I could be wrong, so if u can find a video showing my bolded claim false, I'll kindly admit wrong and retreat from this thread peacefully.

edit on 25-3-2012 by Rendier because: (no reason given)

I'm not telling you to blindly accept it's birds, I'm giving you my opinion based on what I see. You can believe what you want.

I'm not going to try and prove it's a bird, all I can do based on the information is try and come up with a logical explanation. With these types of videos it's usually the most simple mundane explanation.

Now if new information came to light like from radar reports, other witness on the ground and in the air or even more video I may be inclined to believe it's something more, but no I'm not going to blindly follow any UFO euphoria.

I will be back later to say "told you so"

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JDQuantum

You should get in touch with this guy, he does great work!

www.profindsearch.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The last video from this YouTube user was also from an aircraft, and that turned out to be a CGI hoax. I believe this one is no different. It appears they are just grabbing aircraft videos and adding CGI UFOs to them.

There is a lot of similarities from this video and the Amsterdam video... They both show the UFO for a split second at the start of the video, then play a few seconds of normal video after the UFO passes... very fishy.

Actually, it looks like amateur CGI. I could remake this video in literally 10 seconds in After Effects.

edit on 25-3-2012 by UnumSecretum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Check out these ufo videos i recently found. I have heard from 'higher sources' that ufo sightings were supposed to increase in these upcoming days and weeks, here some evidence that these claims are true.

Check it out:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Its a beam of sun reflected from a car/building/glass onto the planes window.

I have seen this first hand on many flights.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Id guess if you were on this flight you wouldnt even have noticed those things going past.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have been on vacation for the past week to a coastal town a few hundred miles south of Dallas. Seeing this topic pop up after having removed myself from internet comes as a huge surprise, because I definitely saw something when I was there that resembled this craft, if it is one.

I was on the beach with a friend at night when he spotted sudden movement over the water about 200 ft or so from us. I looked up, and being the skeptic that I am, my first instinct was that my eyes were playing tricks on me. This thing hovered like a giant black jelly fish, but when my eyes adjusted I noticed a compartment or cockpit supported by long wings elevated in the back like a dome. It hovered for a brief moment, then quickly disappeared into the fog.

Very similar-looking to the object in the OP, if it is in fact one and not two separate crafts. This incident would have been about a day or so before the related video.

I don't normally browse the UFO section of the forum or get in to this kind of stuff, but the experience has definitely opened me up more to the possibility of contact with alien life. My other friend who witnessed it is convinced it was an extraterrestrial. I am thinking more along the lines of a high-tech military stealth craft, similar to what we are seeing in the movies today, but far more advanced than they want you to know.

See 1:51 for a better idea of what I mean.

edit on 3/25/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

Wow, didn't know of that Dark Knight Rises trailer, thanks! Not long now either, cool.

Agreed that there's probably drones using tech we've barely got any idea of either, but I doubt they'd be flying around in the daylight.
edit on 25-3-2012 by robhines because: added

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join