It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you handle the truth if you were told the truth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
No one can know the entire truth about everything that exists in the Universe.

The Truth is too much information for one person to hold.

There are many things that no human knows the truth about.

Every person is capable of handling different truths.

But absolutely no human being is capable of knowing the Truth in it's entirety.

Your head would explode

OP which specific truths are you referring to?

I'm sure I know many truths you yourself couldn't handle as well.

edit on 23-3-2012 by SteelToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I got my big girl panties on...I can handle anything ...even truth!

I really like honesty and truth its something many people have a hard time giving and receiving. Or that is my experience.

Life and everything I perceive as REAL is also mystical to me.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I guess we could be playing some sort of video game in which we totally forget that we do, at the end when we die, we are game over, we see a rerun and we return back to the "real world" ...although, maybe that world is also a video game...

I sure hope the point of the game is spreading love and truth, if not, I'm really gonna end up with a bad score.
I also hope it doesn't count in my permanent record.

P.S. YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!

edit on 23-3-2012 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I would say:

Prove it.

Show me.

Show me how the game is played, let me read the rule book.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Any one raised on the truth could handle it, the truth is an idea.

A person raised to believe as truth ideas that are not true or ideas that leave no place for the truth could be severely hurt by a sudden revelation.

You are what you choose to think about.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If you are to hear truth of our human race we might not go back to our normal lives. Nothing will be the same not even yourself. Maybe there is only one truth and it will set us free from these chains. Many might not beleive because of closed minds. In my opinion the truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

I am diiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeinggggggg to know the truth. I think the truth is so far out there to us it will take time to fully understand, as we are learning the truth little by little everyday.

I think it really might be literal magic....

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The last year my eyes opened so to speak. I've been yearning for answers ever since. It's eating me up inside, little by little.

I think "the truth" might indeed be too enormous for our minds to grasp, but still I would give everything I have to know it. I think I can handle it, but it's understandable to feel overwhelmed by it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think the truth that is sought is the purpose of our existence. Does it really matter what we do on earth and if it does matter - why? If it is all to move forward - what gets us forward? Worshipping a God? Accumulating enough wealth and control? Putting the whole before oneself? Being a willing servant?

I don't have the answers but I sure wish I did. It can be hard to prepare for a long journey when you don't know where you are supposed to go and none of the popular routes have obvious obstructions.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Be careful sometimes the Truth hurts.

This guy couldn't handle it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I would go on with Life! I would continue to work and go to school. Personally, I think we are nothing more than an experiment and pets to an Alien Race. I am one pissed off women at the damn Aliens! I am waiting for the beings to land!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Razziazoid

Sometimes its better not to know! Just do the best you can to have a normal life!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I wouldn't be too surprised. It takes a lot to shock me in fact.

Do I think that's the case? No. I just don't think people are that intelligent to pull that kind of wool over my eyes.

My life would go on and I would be just a bit wiser becasue of it because I would know about just one more game people play.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I can handle the truth,i just hate being lied to.like the saying goes THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by Razziazoid

Sometimes its better not to know! Just do the best you can to have a normal life!

Ignorance is bliss?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Are you hinting at the simulation theory? Before I had my son, I'd be ok with being unplugged. Now I wouldn't be able to part with him even knowing he was never real. The system, though, I could do without.

Beware the naysayers on this thread.

Morpheus: "The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I am awake to the truth... but i can tell what's crazy and what's not.

2012 doomsday? crazy.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
Are you hinting at the simulation theory? Before I had my son, I'd be ok with being unplugged. Now I wouldn't be able to part with him even knowing he was never real. The system, though, I could do without.

Beware the naysayers on this thread.

Morpheus: "The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

Your son is real. So are you. You are both family, and nothing, not even a deception can take away that bond. Don't let anyone tell you diffrent. Reality is perception, and I know as you obviously do, when it comes to our children, there is no truer reality then the betterment of their existance.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

I appreciate your words. Only a parent can understand such overwhelming love and devotion.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I can handle the truth, i've heard a lot of theories, and I have to say, I can handle most of them. We humans can adapt to the surrounding world, as we have done all the time.

If it's all a game, and someone put us here for a bet, then at first I would be startled, then I would adapt to it. If we knew that it was a game, a bet, why wouldn't we just stop playing the game then? And change the way humans live? Change the game

That's no problem. I think the main reason why I can handle the truht, no matter how farfetched it is, are mainly because i've studied many kinds of theories, and asked questions like "why are we here" upp through the years. I have gotten used to the whole thing that the world might be different, than what we first have thought.
(Another example that humans adapt).

I say, bring on with the truth to those who seek it. Those who don't want to know? (Leave them out of it, don't tell them, split the world in 2 pieces, those who want to live in the new world will live on one side, and those who are not ready yet on the other side, let them come over when they feel ready).

|.SLO7H.|

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join