It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you handle the truth if you were told the truth?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The truth has to be something out side of ourselves otherwise it wouldn't be possible to believe a lie .. I guess to know the truth is to not believe the lie ..It seems easy to find confirmation to continue to believe something that is not true ,but hard to get to the truth of any matter ...My whole life has been one of reconsidering the data and moving closer to the truth , or what I might consider to be true ...Not a easy thing to consider OP but thanks for the post to consider .....peace
edit on 24-3-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mustangill
i myself would probably not believe it, as i sometimes think that the truth is beyond our imagination. i call to mind the cave allegory of plato (or was it socrates?) if you spent your whole life chained to a wall in a cave, you would base all of your knowledge of the world on your environment and the shadows on the wall. then if you were released from the cave you would have no idea that the trees and plants and animals and the sun were the cause of the shadows. it would be beyond your imagination. that's how i view the whole world. we will not understand everythings place and role in this world until we are above and beyond it.
edit on 24-3-2012 by couldbeanyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Most people can't handle the truth when the truth tells them whatever fantasy they want to believe in is not true.

If I were to say with absolute authority and certainty that UFOs and Aliens were NOT real, and it really was the absolute truth, I'm pretty certain no one that believes, or wants to believe in UFOs and aliens could handle that.

The same applies to anything; religion, politics, whatever.

Tell someone, anyone something contradictory to what they believe, no matter the evidence put before them, there will be resistance and an unwillingness to 'see' the truth.

We like our myths and lies. Not many will be receptive to actual real truth.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

How many logical and reasonable people do you know? I don't actually know one, not even myself. It's no fun always being logical and reasonable.

Im just sayin... if theres a group of people out there who know the "truth" (whatever that may be), then it would follow that, assuming these are regular human beings, that you and I would be equally likely to be capable of "handling the truth".

Ergo, your suggestion is a charade!

Supercalafradgulisticexplialadociouse

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
That's what I've waited my whole life for.

The truth.

We've been told lies for most of our existence. So much has been hidden from us. Of course I can handle the truth.

It's what am I alive for. To witness the unveiling of who who really are.

Words cannot describe how excited I am.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

truth is aquired by evidence, not by opinion.

The scientific method has been a shining light in development, progress and understanding of our world. There is still much complexity and unknown with probabilities and certain levels of likelihood one way for navigating the ongoing stream of information flowing through the internet. As different sources and pieces of the puzzle get reinforced through different associations and flow on effects, a reasonably likely situation gradually clarifies.

Doubt and questioning is an important part of everything that is reviewed to establish integrity of facts. This can lead to much resistance, as accepting the Earth was round as one example when astronomy and sea faring where taking off. Having the knife with the victims blood and accused fingerprints is pretty damning evidence, but without investigating the full story, it is just opinion to say who done it. But as an investigator, you have to start somewhere as there is just too much to the world to get it all at once.

With corruption a possible consequence of self determination, it is only reasonable that some level of risk is applied to all sources of evidence.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm a realist and I would do everything I could to keep myself sane after hearing the truth, which i eagerly await.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

From reading the responses I can see that most don't really have a clue and those of us that do are sick and damn tired of the games! I realize that our world will never change not even if we were to show all the truth!
This is cause there are so many people who need the illusion of control and when they see they don't have any
then they just can't cope anymore! Someday we may evolve to be more connected to reality but until that day comes we will stumble in the dark totally unaware of whom is pulling the strings and moving the pieces!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
I don't think people could handle the truth even if it was clear as day. It might be clear as day to one person but, to another person it would not. The reason behind that is that some people do not want to know the truth either because they truly could not handle it or they don't want there world disrupted.

What if I told you that everything around you that happens is nothing but a game that is played out right in front of your eyes, what would you say to that?

What if I told you that everything around you is rigged and the game is nothing but a mere bet to see who wins and who looses or to see if it could just happen that way? (To play with the people for the lulz so to speak)

What if I told you that your very lives are run by these bets and it is all a game.

What if you found out all this was true, what would you do?

What if I told you I would seek out loaded dice?

Or, what if it doesn't matter at all?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom
I realize that our world will never change not even if we were to show all the truth!

It would, and it is doing right now. People wake up pretty quickly once they get enough truth, and that's what's happening in varying degrees to a lot of people each day.
edit on 26-3-2012 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

I hope you are right but i just don't think we have the courage to do what is needed to change things! I also believe that though it may seem like things are changing this is just more shadow and mirrors to give an illusion of change and all I see is more wars, more lies and more suffering. Until those that have led us to this corrupt, destructive and wasteful world are ousted. Until we the people really have control of our lives, world
and all have the same opportunities without any one having say over another then we will still be in that same hole of enslavement! Fear is what holds us back. afraid of losing our position over others. Afraid of retribution.
Afraid of what we don't understand and too stupid to realize what we have to gain! I really hope you are right but I don't see it and only feel disaster coming around the bend!
edit on 26-3-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It is impossible to know if you can handle something, unless you know what it is.

At worse some people would be locked up or killed.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
I don't think people could handle the truth even if it was clear as day. It might be clear as day to one person but, to another person it would not. The reason behind that is that some people do not want to know the truth either because they truly could not handle it or they don't want there world disrupted.

What if I told you that everything around you that happens is nothing but a game that is played out right in front of your eyes, what would you say to that?

What if I told you that everything around you is rigged and the game is nothing but a mere bet to see who wins and who looses or to see if it could just happen that way? (To play with the people for the lulz so to speak)

What if I told you that your very lives are run by these bets and it is all a game.

One can never be told the truth it can only be shown to those who choose to see through the veil.

Most will deny till they die some lack the will to understand and a few will fight against it at all cost
because to posses the knowledge of truth is like unlocking the power of the atom it can empower your heart body and soul as well as destroy worlds

And each person is their own individual world in similar manner to the shared world of which these worlds live upon together for better or worse

He who has knowledge of the truth is a free man, but the free man does not sin, for "He who sins is the slave of sin" [John 8:34].

everyone's looking for a complete answer, those who have an answer that may or may not be their own will never own themselves or know their own souls, those who own their thoughts and minds are seekers of truth with the free power of their willful souls smokeless fire, that shall burn for All eternity against the coldest days and the darkest nights.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I've been thinking about this question - here is my answer.

I would be deeply disappointed in you all.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I would say come again, cant you see I am busy.

Then I would say hold up bro! I think I heard and seen this game before, is it the game were he who plays it always wastes his time because he could be playing better games?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
The truth about what?

Yes the Truth about what ?!
There are many Truths. No one really knows the Truth because it differs to everyone.
But you do have a point. We've been living our whole life a lie. We don't even know why
we live. If we found out the Truthm we'd be scared and shocked. I'm just saying, . . .

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ExploitedAliens

We live because the Universe developed its own conciseness so to be a witness to itself. We are the brain cells of the Universe, we are the Universe's mechanism of awareness, the very definition of intelligence. To bad we are all so freaking stupid. HAHAHA

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I've been thinking about this question - here is my answer.

I would be deeply disappointed in you all.

You know I hate to use the dreaded "L" work on you Aeons. But ya! I kind of L*** you, and you freaking annoy me with your attempt at mind psychobabble.

And so I will annoy you back with my psychobabble, just to see how you like them apples.

You know I thought the op was disappointing. That is until I begun thinking about your answer, which by the way makes no sense, like they usually have a habit of doing.

I am truly deeply disappointed in you Aeons.

Now may your head explode with queses and second queses, with contradictions and inconsistencies when trying to figure out which four letter L word it is.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Well you do know that we aren't the only living species/civilization. Maybe they're the brain cells of the Universe.
I mean they are the smart ones or are we?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I believe I was put here to suffer for the amusement of some unseen, all-powerful entity. That's what I think.

We're all in the belly of AM.

Or maybe I am the only one who is real, and everyone else is part of the torture device.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join