It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you handle the truth if you were told the truth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

What I always do..go to work,hug my kids,make love with my wife,play with my dogs,water my plants and trees,maybe go out for a steak on Friday ...why let something I can't control ruin my nap?
edit on 23-3-2012 by Bullypulpit because: Dawgsbane

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullypulpit

So true........... trouble is that the increasing amounts of people who tell partial truths or steer us away from the truth are starting to interfere with our naps.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You want the truth? YOU WANT THE TRUTH???

YOU CANT HANDEL THE TRUTH!!!!

Seriously, though... if somebody knows the truth then we all must be at least capable of handling the truth... so dictates logic and reason.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ClydeFrog42

How many logical and reasonable people do you know? I don't actually know one, not even myself. It's no fun always being logical and reasonable.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
I don't think people could handle the truth even if it was clear as day. It might be clear as day to one person but, to another person it would not. The reason behind that is that some people do not want to know the truth either because they truly could not handle it or they don't want there world disrupted.

What if I told you that everything around you that happens is nothing but a game that is played out right in front of your eyes, what would you say to that?

What if I told you that everything around you is rigged and the game is nothing but a mere bet to see who wins and who looses or to see if it could just happen that way? (To play with the people for the lulz so to speak)

What if I told you that your very lives are run by these bets and it is all a game.

What if you found out all this was true, what would you do?

Why do you think that you are so superior to everyone else? You can handle the truth yet they can not?

To answer your question...

If I were told the truth by the Gov I wouldbe shocked not at the facts thay reveal but by the fact that the Gov for once isn't lying to me.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Some truths have taken years to come to terms with, but only by digging deeper and finding darker, more disturbing facts to contend with. Finding out my life is just a game is a piece of cake compared to some facts about existence.

truth is aquired by evidence, not by opinion.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Could you handle the truth if you were told the truth?

I think this is actually a really interesting question to bring up. Can people handle the truth? To give my most honest answer I have to say no, we cannot. Which is a damn shame really because I think the answer to such a question really, and quite obviously, should be a resounding yes, all the time. But it's not. See, I think for the most part that yeah, people can happily accept the truth and will do so willingly. But there's always going to be those times where they do not and they do not through choice.

For example if someone truly believes something, take religion as a mere example here and I'm genuinely not using it as an example to cause offence to anyone, and then they're told something else which wholly goes against their initial belief then on some occasions they may just completely reject what they're being told. On other occasions on ATS some may just reject something even when being presented with facts, figures and so on just because they don't want to be proven wrong or because they don't want to have their beliefs shaken etc.

The funny thing is, this is something that affects every single one of us, in my opinion. We've all been presented with occasions where we just don't want to believe something.. so we don't. Simple. It's rejected and we move on. But I'm not really convinced that's always a bad thing still. Once again using religion as an example, we find comfort in it. It helps some of us. And no matter what anyone says, religion can do a great deal of good for some. It can keep people going. We all have strong believes about certain thing's and we all can be incredibly passionate as well and we've all flat out rejected something because we don't want it to be true, it's just the nature of who we are and what we want from life.

Some reject the truth for better reasons than others also. So to answer the question of "Can you handle the truth" - in all honesty, as a whole, no we can't. But I wouldn't say that's always a bad thing. It can be good.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
First, you would have to have some credibility in my eyes before I would entertain you statements. Afterall, you could be just another tin foil hatter.

Second, don't condemn me before you know me. You don't have any idea what I can handle or not.

Third, on this forum, there seem to be a lot of people who want reality to be different then the reality that I perceive. I trust myself unless someone can prove to me that my experience is somehow not correct.

Have a great day

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Interpretations of the evidence can also hide the truth. Try comparing the evidence against the interpretation and you will notice that crucial research has sometimes been omitted when the interpretation was made, Or, more commonly, research contrary to the desire of the funding source has never been done. Open your eyes and observe the game that's sometimes played.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by jimmyx

Interpretations of the evidence can also hide the truth. Try comparing the evidence against the interpretation and you will notice that crucial research has sometimes been omitted when the interpretation was made, Or, more commonly, research contrary to the desire of the funding source has never been done. Open your eyes and observe the game that's sometimes played.

i agree...but with omission, you have a lack of evidence. interpretations have always been the battlefield of evidence, and consensus depends on trusting the evidence.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

If it interferes with peoples perception or way of life people will many times not believe the truth. If it is not in conflict with your life it is easily accepted. This causes many conflicts with people.

Yeah, that's kind of our main stumbling block, one that we need to get past quickly if we're going to sort things out. We're pretty grown up as individuals, but think that we need to accept the way the world is a lot more.
edit on 23-3-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Unrealised

In my reality, I am your God.

Deal with it.

Hey God, you sure have been doing a crappy job lately.

Maybe you should get some better training on how to accomplish your duties.

Damn slacker

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yeah im to scarred

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I've been inside that deep pit I've dug when I was into new age theories and alternative spirituality philosophies. It's a sinister place because it focuses on yourself, and you become very bold believing you can walk into places you know little about without being harmed. It is the spirit of error, and it leads to death.

The spirit behind the entire 'we're going be enlightened', 'we're going be awakened', 'we're going to be in touch with the spirit realm', and so on, is a seducing spirit. It is leading you to a place where you don't want to be when it's too late.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Isn't there like 5 stages of understanding the truth? Something like this:

1) Denial - "The "truth" can't be right!"
2) Anger - "This is a friggin' hoax!"
3) Bargaining - "Okay, maybe PARTS of it are true but..."
4) Depression - "I don't know what to believe anymore."
5) Acceptance - "It IS true and I knew it all along."

I see a lot of these stages in ATS posts everyday.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteelToe

reply to post by Unrealised

In my reality, I am your God.

Deal with it.

Hey God, you sure have been doing a crappy job lately.

Maybe you should get some better training on how to accomplish your duties.

Damn slacker

Or maybe we should get some better training on how to wake up and have the same awareness.
Reality should be a co-operative thing after all.
edit on 23-3-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

edit on 2012/3/23 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
There is nothing anyone could suggest that i havent already heard or thought of.

all the marbles are gone in this game of hungry hungry philosophers.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Originally posted by mustangill
What if I told you that everything around you that happens is nothing but a game that is played out right in front of your eyes, what would you say to that?

Probably not much to be honest because the more I research different things the more it seems like that.

Me too.

I have no issues with not really existing - - but being a character in a very evolved real time video game.

Or if we are being raised as food.

I lack the Ego to consider any real self-importance - - - in the vastness of the whole scheme of things.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I know the truth, at least to myself. And i feel happy about it! At last...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join