It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Nightline Falsely Reports Zimmerman "a white man" who shot a black man

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

We do not know because that part of the audio is blanked out,but it could be that he was referring to black guy's because they are extremely fleet of foot.Or kids in general,I mean he looks like an out of shape Mexican.Regardless I am against hate laws anyways.It is kind of an oxymoron.You killed someone because you did not like their ethnic background.No I just hated him,and then I killed him.I feel sorry for the Father,I bet he is thinking twice about that swell city life about now,but making this look like a white hate crime is ridiculous,and an an obvious plot by the powers that be to disarm the general populace.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Let me get this straight.

A Hispanic man shot an unarmed black kid who was walking home.

And the debate is whether or not hispanics are causasians?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vedderman

Originally posted by Vedderman
I work in the control room of the local news station. For those of you unfamiliar with local news and how it works, the producer(s) is the one who decides mostly what to put on air during 'their' block of a newscast. During one of our newscasts, we ran an affiliated package sent down by ABC. During the story, we (our station) labelled the man as "white." Naturally, all of us - with the exception of the producer who knew about this already - made comments about how he was obviously not white. The producer, defending why she chose to have the anchors read that he was white, told us that ABC, when sending our station the edited package and information, explicitly instructed that he be described as white. Hope that's not confusing! Basically, ABC specifically instructed our station (and probably every other station who received that story from their ABC affiliate) to describe him as white. So, from my experience, describing this man as white was without a shadow of a doubt absolutely intentional.

Bravo! I used to work with the media. Guess which network?

Your post needs to be posted over and over again. If I could give you more stars I would.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Welcome to ATS, the land where liberals spin stories that have already been spun by liberals.

ATS: It's like an incriminating game of telephone.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

What I see, is that an innocent 17 year old is dead and that in the very least the officers involved failed miserably at their job. I see people angry and asking questions which to me is legitimate and I feel the same way. Some people justifiably feel it is about race...time will tell on that. Some people are determined it is about race but it isn't just black people or "white guilt", there are white racists screaming how race is always an issue when it's a "white on black" crime and there are black racists screaming how every "white on black" crime is racist.

The ONLY thing that matters to the majority of people is that justice be served and that we as Americans never let it be okay for a child to be gunned down in the street for wearing a hoodie and carrying candy and iced tea.

People whining about the race card are perpetuating this as a race issue as much as anyone else. Personally, I do feel like it was probably racially motivated in more ways than one, and it doesn't matter if Zimmerman is white or hispanic. Hate crimes still happen and a lot of people from every skin color are totally in denial about it, unless/until it happens to one of "their own".

Yes lets not look at all the facts either. Lets just jump to radical conclusions instead!!!! Then scream hate crime! Even though a hate crime is technically unconstitutional and charging a person with the same crime twice!

Right now ABC's doing an hour long special about bullying. Maybe you should be tuning in and paying attention!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
A lot of Hispanics do identify themselves as Caucasian. Just saying.
NOT when their trying to get food stamps and medical assistance. They make it very clear they are hispanic.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

They don't "identify" themselves as Caucasian...they are Caucasian.

Hispanic is not a race...it's an ethnicity.

I don't expect most people here to comprehend this.

Huh???

So if you are a dark skinned Hispanic, you are automatically Caucasian? Help me understand.

Nope.

There are black hispanics, white hispanics, "native american" hispanics....there can even be asian hispanics.

It's an ethnicity....not a race.

Like I said...I don't expect people to comprehend.
I agree. Now if you could point this fact out to all the people who consider themselves black, who want the head of this so called “white” guy, I think people will calm down. Again, I agree with what you’re saying, but most of our society doesn’t. It’s that preverbal black and white thinking. (Excuse the pun)...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This world is going crazy. To say a white man murdered a black boy in this story is fueling and promoting violence from blacks towards whites and that's the new American dream it seems - because nobody is trying to stop this potential tidal wave.

Stop saying he was caucasian to say it was ok for them to say he was white. He was latino. If you saw it happen you would've said "a black man attacked this latino man and the latino man shot the black man because he was getting the crap beat out of him". You wouldn't have said "this white guy murdered this black kid".

The story here is the media's usage of "white" because it fuels the hatred like no other word could possibly do.

And then everyone else ignores the fact that the 17 yr old "kid" was on top of Zimmerman beating him up.

Zimmerman isn't white and he didn't murder a little kid. Sensationalism and ignorance!!! It was a killing yes, but it was surely not a white man slaying a black child which is what is fueling this hysteria.

Again, it was a latino man killing a young black man in self defense.

EARLY STORY Eyewitness account:

"The GUY on the bottom, who had a red sweater on, was yelling to me, 'Help! Help!' and I told him to stop, and I was calling 911," said the witness, who asked to be identified only by his first name, John.

John said he locked his patio door, ran upstairs and heard at least one gun shot.

"And then, when I got upstairs and looked down, the GUY who was on the top beating up the other GUY, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point."

MAN shot and killed in neighborhood altercation

Note the witness did not say white guy killing a black kid. He said a man was beating up another man. The man getting beat up asked for help. When i looked back, the man that was doing the beating was lying on the ground.

This turned into "A young black boy was slain by a white man."

Sensationalized now by:
Our favorite media outlets "white man slays a young black boy"
POTUS "if I had a son he'd look like Trayvon"
Jesse Jackson "blacks are under attack"
Al Sharpton - holds justice rally and says "Trayvon represents a reckless disregard for our lives."
Louis Farrakhan "soon and very soon the law of retaliation may very well be applied".
Miami Heat - wearing hoodies in support
The New Black Panther Party handing out posters "George Zimmerman Wanted dead or alive"
Twitter - thousands of tweets showing the Zimmerman's home address and saying "get him" "he's gonna have a long night" among other less pleasant comments.

This world is frigging nuts!!! And still the idiots will say "yeah but Zimmerman really is Caucasian so it's ok to say he was white." "Nobody will get too carried away if they hear that a white man killed a young black boy in cold blood."

Are you frakking kidding me?

edit on 23-3-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If the story was reported as a young latino man killing a young black man, there really wouldn't be a pedestal to shout from and everyone knows it. You can't raise a rally around that. It would be a neighborhood rally sure. It would be sad, and people would still want revenge and they'd be outraged, sure. But it wouldn't be at this crazy irrational level with the possibility of riots, martial law, etc...

It wasn't an entire race attacking another.

How many innocent white people are going to be harmed over this hype now do ya think? What's going to happen next? The racial barrier is about to be nearly as high as it's ever been.

Just stop and mourn the loss of life. It doesn't have to perpetuate.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Zimmerman is innocent
your being lied to..

zimmerman is the one screaming
on the 9-11 tapes

the smoking gun
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

didnt the police report state that zimmerman was white?
yeah i guess its easier to ignore that fact and just say the media is trying to push an agenda. i think u should fault the police because i dont blame the media for taking their word for it originally.

i know the guys family say he is hispanic and he does look like a mix of white / hispanic to me. i believe his is hispanic but it doesnt matter imo.

i remember when ats didnt have so many drama queens and racist lol.
edit on 23-3-2012 by elitegamer23 because: because

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

the lefties wish to make this a race issue, so instead of saying "african american" and "hispanic american" the news said an african american kid was shot by a white man.

it's a subtle attempt to keep the race card seem viable...because obviously white men stalk black kids at night and gun them down at night *sarcasm*

there is only one true race, the human race, but if you want to go there...lets look at the numbers.

A United States Department of Justice report which surveyed homicide statistics between 1974 and 2004 stated that of the crimes surveyed, 52.2% of the offenders were Black, 45.8% were White, and 2% were Other Races. Of the victims in those same crimes, 50.9% were White, 46.9% were Black, and 2.1% were Other Races. The report further stated that "most murders are intraracial" with 86% of White murders committed by Whites, and 94% of Black murders committed by Blacks.

30 years of homicide statistics reveal that blacks outdo all other races while being a minority. in the above report "white" includes hispanics too. there's also this chestnut:

Some studies had argued for smaller racial disparities in violent crime in recent times. However, a 2011 study which examined the racial disparities in violent crime and incarceration from 1980 and 2008 found little difference for black share of violent offending. Racial imbalances in arrests vs. incarcerations were both small and consistent across the time period. The authors argued that the prior studies had been confounded by not separating Hispanics from Whites. The number of Hispanic offenders has been increasing rapidly and have violence rates higher than that of Whites but lower than that of Blacks

en.wikipedia.org...
these studies were based on people convicted of murder just like zimmerman should be. some people will undoubtedly say i'm racist, but i only offer the facts.

ETA: new information has made me change my position. it turns out trayvon deals pot over his facebook, was on an 8 day school suspension, AND is a jacked 6'3 170 pound football player to zimmerman's 5'6 overweight, out of shape ass. a witness has reported trayvon was the aggressor, and this has been backed up by evidence (such as the grass stains on zimmerman's back, and his bruises. trayvon allegedly has torn knuckles)

edit on 24-3-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Since this is going to be pinned on "white people" I wanna list some concerns:

1) It's known that Zimmerman was PERUVIAN, at least from his mother.

2) I have almost NEVER seen a "white man" look like Zimmerman. Very Peruvian features which are INDIOS-INDIAN-INDIGENOUS.

3) The media LOVES to garner headlines of "white men" doing crimes against black people.

4) Race crimes against Whites go under reported, because it doesn't spark outrage at the same level. (Good thing or bad thing?...your call)

5) All the facts aren't out on what exactly happened.

Before race pimps like Al Sharpton and others turn this into a full blown race war, I think people should settle the hell down.

edit on 23-3-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
Since this is going to be pinned on "white people" I wanna list some concerns:

1) It's known that Zimmerman was PERUVIAN, at least from his mother.

2) I have almost NEVER seen a "white man" look like Zimmerman. Very Peruvian features which are INDIOS-INDIAN-INDIGENOUS.

3) The media LOVES to garner headlines of "white men" doing crimes against black people.

4) Race crimes against Whites go under reported, because it doesn't spark outrage at the same level. (Good thing or bad thing?...your call)

5) All the facts aren't out on what exactly happened.

Before race pimps like Al Sharpton and others turn this into a full blown race war, I think people should settle the hell down.

edit on 23-3-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

Thanks for stating this in a calmer manner than I was able to produce. Agreed.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

Sensationalized now by:
Our favorite media outlets "white man slays a young black boy"
POTUS "if I had a son he'd look like Trayvon"
Jesse Jackson "blacks are under attack"
Al Sharpton - holds justice rally and says "Trayvon represents a reckless disregard for our lives."
Louis Farrakhan "soon and very soon the law of retaliation may very well be applied".
Miami Heat - wearing hoodies in support
The New Black Panther Party handing out posters "George Zimmerman Wanted dead or alive"
Twitter - thousands of tweets showing the Zimmerman's home address and saying "get him" "he's gonna have a long night" among other less pleasant comments.

If the president was a reasonable and respectable leader, he would have tried to calm the flames instead he fueled the fire.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Somebody was murdered, who gives a damn what color their skin was or why they were murdered. Murder is murder, the taking of a life must be answered for, a reckoning must be paid, be it jail time or the death penalty. Rage is not a sufficient reason to murder someone, no reason is sufficient because you cannot give that life back once you take it, it is gone.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
If I remember correctly. The same thing happened back in the 80's. it was a a cop of Cuban decent that shot and killed a black kid.

There was riots for days.

The blacks called it rasist too back then because he was a white Cuban.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

Affirmative action or not, racism is part of kids' indoctrination since preschool here in the US. Always ruled by fear. Fear your neighbors, fear cave dwellers half a world away, attack what you fear! The elite have the ignorant masses figured out and that is a damn shame imo.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
1989 Miami Race Riots

This has happened before.

A latino cop killing a black guy.

The race card was played back then too.

Its almost like if you're not with them, you're against them.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join