It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather seems to be 2-3 months off cycle

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Here in N Ireland it is very mild, Gorse flowered in mid January instead of the standard spring and autumn, the Cherry blossomed down south in places several weeks ago, and here just a week or so and is actually dissipating down south already. I had flowers off a Clematis in december, (usually early to mid summer here)

Our prevailing wind is from the west, and that has been pretty non-existant since 2010, with mostly south to southwest winds. All the while the sun has been at a premium, with a lot of very misty, thin cloud prevailing much of the day. I do think that the gulf stream was interrupted in 2010 and that this odd weathering is a result of that.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
it seemed that way for most of the last few years
then lat years was on time
then this winter was really easy...to easy

in Dec 2011 the web bots predicted a very early spring with a very late destructive cold snap

right now it is way warm almost summer like...
but the beach trees don't drop last seasons dead leaves till AFTER the last snowfall
and right now they are still loaded...so there will be at least one good one

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The climate of the planet is changing due to the massive amounts of (CO2) we have put 'and continue to put' into our atmosphere. Atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) levels have reached 390 parts per million (ppm). The last time CO2 was that high was around 3 million years ago, in the early Pliocene. Global temperatures back then are estimated to have been 3 to 4°C warmer than pre-industrial temperatures. Arctic temperatures were 11 to 16°C warmer. Sea levels were around 25 metres higher than current sea level.

All these signs of change you are noticing around you on a daily basis, or the extreme events you see on the news all the time such as record breaking wildfire, droughts, tornado clusters, more intense storm systems.... Are all symptoms of a climate spiraling out of control as it resets itself to a hot state. That tiny looking 3 to 4c looks harmless enough, and most people shrug it off as unimportant or talk about how nice it will be to sunbath in spring or enjoy a mild winter. The reality is we have set in motion the worse crisis we are ever likely to experience. Those in the know think we will be lucky to have a billion people left on this planet by the turn of the century....

Here is James lovelock, one of the greatest minds of our age, explaining why things are changing and how that change will effect us all.
This is part 1/4, you can find the others easily enough if interested. www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-3-2012 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
The climate of the planet is changing due to the massive amounts of (CO2) we have put 'and continue to put' into our atmosphere. Atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) levels have reached 390 parts per million (ppm). The last time CO2 was that high was around 3 million years ago, in the early Pliocene. Global temperatures back then are estimated to have been 3 to 4°C warmer than pre-industrial temperatures. Arctic temperatures were 11 to 16°C warmer. Sea levels were around 25 metres higher than current sea level.

All these signs of change you are noticing around you on a daily basis, or the extreme events you see on the news all the time such as record breaking wildfire, droughts, tornado clusters, more intense storm systems.... Are all symptoms of a climate spiraling out of control as it resets itself to a hot state. That tiny looking 3 to 4c looks harmless enough, and most people shrug it off as unimportant or talk about how nice it will be to sunbath in spring or enjoy a mild winter. The reality is we have set in motion the worse crisis we are ever likely to experience. Those in the know think we will be lucky to have a billion people left on this planet by the turn of the century....

Here is the James lovelock, one of the greatest minds of our age, explaining why things are changing and how that change will effect us all.
This is part 1/4, you can find the others easily enough if interested. www.youtube.com...

Yes this the man who worked for NASA, with all those lovely rockets through the atmosphere and into space, to gain knowledge of Mars or whatever, and then to talk of, (the lower orders?) polluting our world. The man is a prostitute in the scientific field.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Try listening to the man or reading some of his books. I think you might come to realize how foolish your comment here is...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
funny the sun has been shown to be the driver of climate
CO2 is the driver of new taxes

how is Al Gore's new sea side mansion working out for him
or "Blood and Gore" his carbon credit trading company?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I live in New England USA and my husband and I talk about this all the time. The seasons definitely seem off. The OP mentioned the big snow storm we had in this area back in October...we had one other smaller storm in early February but other than that it was very mild. We also noticed that fall seeemed to come early. August was very cool...we couldn't really use our pool as it was too cold.

October and Nov were cold. Then it was like spring arrived in december. Hubby thinks the last few big EQs (Japan, Haiti) effect on the earth's axis are to blame. I think it's possible...have seen it mentioned on here before too.

What I know for sure is that its 8:30 pm March 22nd and it is 79 degrees in my house. Weird.

Oh and this is my first post...I finally joined after lurking for months. I've learned a lot of interesting and terrifying things here, looking forward to actually discussing with all of you!
edit on 22-3-2012 by OpenMindedMommy because: stupid autocorrect

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by smurfy

Try listening to the man or reading some of his books. I think you might come to realize how foolish your comment here is...

I made my statement on a controversial man, did I call you foolish as an aside...as if?

He uses the God word in his communications against the CURRENT human being, who incidently is currently the only being who believes in a god. That, IMO is is being convenient. And no, I'm not particularly religious.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
How does something like this get so many flags? Anyone can state a feeling they have and find reasons around them to support it.

I have wondered what's up with the weather we're having, but instead of making yet another conspiracy that the weather is somehow 'off,' I checked with older friends. They said that we've had warm winters like this before. It's happened before.

I believe that the weather is different, but we must check with people who have been around longer than us to help us determine what is 'normal.' My older friends say that we have had warm winters like this before.

We had a colder than normal winter last year, and this year, it's actually warmer than usual, and that is what makes it seem that much more 'off.' That's all there is to it in my book, however unexciting that may be.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

You cannot talk reason to some unless you want to be accused of burying your head in the sand.
ON page 3 of this thread I showed that the weather is not uncommon as it happened before, conveniently that was ignored by those who opposed the idea that weather is cyclical.

But I come here peddling logic and get treated like a leper by the young because this is their first experience of these conditions so it must be climate change.

although there must have been some serious co2 pumped into the atmospherein East Lansing on 24 March 1919 with a high of 82 °F when the average high is 43 °F.
Its global warming I tell ya

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If we dont believe the msm,fox and other government regulated stations ,why would you believe mainstream weather or local weather? How do you know that "TPTB" aren't manipulating weather satellite data to ALL the weather stations ? That's right , you don't ! I don't , but the way things are looking ,we could be in for a serious ride ! Good Luck To All

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I live in Kansas and I am agreeing a lot with what everyone else is saying. The last winter we got more than 7 inches of snow at one time yet this winter it hasn't stuck once. I believe it only snowed twice. Its been extremely warm vs any winter in my lifetime and we just got over a three day stretch of rain, non-stop. Weird, Haarp, Global Warming? Who knows.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartyRulez

Not only Lansing either. Im up in Alpena and its been in the mid 80's here as well. Very odd for this time of year. Previous to this year i would have still been riding my snowmobile. Im not excited to see where this summer will take us.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I have to admit that its still odd that its been almost 93 years since East Lansing has seen temperatures like that. But im no meteorologist so i cant say whats normal or not. I guess well have to wait and see what the rest of the year will bring us.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sampleba87

But if you looked at my post on page 3 you would see that it wasnt just 93 years ago, but also 69 and 74 years ago and hat wasnt using all the data available.

as for aspen, the records only go back to 1950 and the highest temperature recorded for march was March 8 2000 where it got to 80

East Lansing had similar results going back to 1959, but prior to that the records indicate this warm spell is not all that uncommon

edit on 23-3-2012 by munkey66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2012 by munkey66 because: added some facts

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Anti-intellectualism IS ignorance and MUST be denied, especially on ATS!

The people attack scientists because they FEAR the truth! They're bowing to their anti-science, religious warlords.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Ilive in michigan, i seen tadpoles in feb.,

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
What I find somewhat disconcerting is that anyone I try to discuss this with will first agree that the weather is bizarre but each person ends the discussion by saying "but I'm not complaining".

The way I see it, yeah it's great that I didn't have to shovel or brave frigid weather over the last few months, but it just contributes to the feeling that major, unnatural earth changes are taking place (which could be a really bad thing) and as long as people aren't inconvenienced and get to enjoy a snowless winter, they're not the least bit concerned about the possible danger signals going off all around them.

This is an appropriate time for a Dr. Seuss quote...

"Unless someone like you cares a whole lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not."

People just don't seem to care about much these days, it is quite disturbing.

ETA- I live in New England and we went from Winter cold, to Summer hot in literally 2 weeks.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Lapislazuli because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2012 by Lapislazuli because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Here in Alaska we have been wallaped with uncharacteristic cold and snow. I live on Kodiak Island where our average winter temp is 34C and rain/snow. We had major deep freeze of 3 weeks below 0C which has busted pipes and froze up houses everywhere. running out of places toput snow and dumping it in the ocean as fast as we can. Normal snowfall is 54" and we are already around 136" with the highest ever recorded ar 148". This is the coldest winter on record for here. Send sun. Anchorage, Valdez, Cordover have been majorly slammed too. Send sun we want to defrost.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join