It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather seems to be 2-3 months off cycle

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'm in northern Minnesota and I would agree with the OP, the weather cycle for this part of the US seems about a month ahead of schedule. Possibly two depending on how bad winter is that year. I have lived in MN most of my life and never have seen a warm up like this that didn't stop. Basically we went from a normal colder that usual winter here to late spring almost over night. All of the snow was gone by February and it rained pretty good in the middle of March, and now everything is starting to green up. I have never seen this before. Usually here it is April showers bring May flowers if we are lucky and things have thawed out a bit.

The local news says we are in a drought this year, and the water tables will be very low, which is good for fishing!
It should be an interesting summer here in the land of 10,000 lakes.

Does it worry me? Yeah, actually, it does. I am worried that with this unusual shifting of weather patterns the tornado belt will move a little farther north and it could be a rough stormy summer here. That does worry me, however, I suspect that all of this will shift back to a normal pattern eventually.

I find it all much more interesting than disturbing, although it is a little worrisome. I just wonder how long it will be off kilter.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Agreed. In Australia, our Summer (Dec, Jan & Feb) was awful, our Autumn (March, April, May) is more like our usual Summers.
edit on 2/4/12 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join