It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather seems to be 2-3 months off cycle

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Central Indiana: Weather has been hot one day cold the next, very mild winter to where we wouldn't even call it winter. We are in shorts in March when we should be gearing up for one more big snow storm. I have noticed changes in the last year but it is accelerating and becoming undeniable. Something is up. I enjoy the warm weather but something is very wrong here.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

It really isnt a stretch to think that there would be more warmer days when the earth is entering a warming period, seems pretty logical to me.

just to help a little explain things I will use SpartyRulez as an example as I know his general location and his claim of temperature of in the 80's in march.

the average high is 43 °F and the average low is 24 °F
taken from the US climate data
www.usclimatedata.com...

now I will not go through every day in march for records but I will focus mainly on a few dates I will cherry pick a few examples, the cherry picking is not just to help my case as I will use very recent dates which balances out the results. starting from march 1st to march 31st, but focus mainly on the dates 18th to the 24th of March as those are the closest to the posting of data and the temperatures are still high.
3rd march 1974 record high of 70 °F
7 march 2000 74°F
8 march 2000 79 °F
14 march 1990 76°F
18 march 1894 75°F
19 march 1921 76°F
20 March 1921 75°F
21 March 1918 73 °F
22 March 1938 81 °F
23 March 1994 71 °F
24 March 1919 82 °F
31 March 1943 80 °F

just for giggles, what is the difference in years from the 80's in 2012 and the 80 in 1943?
69 years, almost 70
2012 to 1938? 74 years.

But I think I will just put my head back in the sand,
and yes I do see that the difference in years between 2012 and 1919 is 93 years and not 70, but again, weather and climate is still not an exact science and there will always be variables.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I live in Australia and it has been an "unusual" summer to say the least. It was very cool during summer and now when we are going into winter it has been strangely hot.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

The fish even started spawning early. This is all based on Temp for them so if they start to bed and then we get a cold front, it chases them off the beds and they will try again till they can get the job done. That leads to more fish dieing from cold or being caught because it makes them easy to see in shallow water.

Beats last year though, we had millions of fish die here because of the cold water temps. Snook were hit really hard. We had them floating in the river like they all had died. Now if I could catch one as large as I had seen some, I would be happy. They get as big as a dam Tarpon in my river

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Just seems to be warmer for me, in florida. This year was not cold at all down here whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
What a nice year our old friend Mr. Weather has choosen to break so many multi-decade temperature records...

Just in the year of the "Mayan hype", 2012.

What a coincidence, uh?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
i'll throw in w/ ya.
i have kinda been think'n that anyways.
this is March and usually a wild month - but not much and feb we got a 2+ footer of a snow storm.
jan was warm - warm enough to sip coffee at the outside tables at the coffee shop.
went 'spring skiing' march 21 - was warm on the slope -not much wind.
yesterday seemed like june.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
S. Illinois here. Zero snow, weather never really dropped below 40 deg fahrenheit. Now we are high 70's to mid 80's at day time and hard to sleep at night because it's so warm.

horridly odd and kind of scary. Last summer we had about 6 weeks straight of 113 to 120 degree weather! It NEVER gets over about 93 here. Ever.

So Il here too. You know what this means for the summer? Giant mosquitoes and high crime.Every darn time its a super hot summer the violent crime rate skyrockets around here. As far as the mosquitoes, they dont generally like me or my blood... but the kids? In lieu of making them take a bath in DEET, Im going to have to purchase mosquito netting and make little suits...
We ALREADY have mosquitoes out.. have for a week or so. I have only been here for maybe 7 years in this state, but I dont recall the weather or the bugs being like this previously. 70's and 80's already. I can only imagine what the storms are going to be like this year. Last year I got my roof torn off halfway on the house. If Im lucky it will take my garage and HOI will replace it with one with the correct size opening for my garage door. Lemonaide outta lemons, my dear...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I can only say about my wee bit of Scotland, Glasgow to be precise.

I've found this winter to be pretty mild, some heavy rains around November / December with some severe gales even Hurricane Bawbag as it was called. But in the way of snow and frosts, very very little, more like the winters that we tend to have which are mild and wet. In contrast to the winters of 09/10 & 10/11 this year has been a cakewalk. So far as were heading into spring its been fairly normal temps but I'd say we have had less rain than we normally would and that I can happily live with.

The past couple of years we've had a really warm few weeks in March & April and come summer its really hammering down with rain, so in that respect I would say yeah we were a couple of months out.

So as far as this year goes its been fairly normal up 'til this point; if we get our summer in a week or two and then I can say yeah we're out as well.

edit on 22-3-2012 by Ficargul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
i totally agree with what you said about weather being crazy, i live in wales uk and it seems spring happens during winter time! flowers and fruit dont know what day it is

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Although we had a really really really mild winter compared to 2011, we now have an early spring. Late Feb. early March we even had a couple of days with very uncommon high temps. Almost made mother nature jump start spring.

This week we'll be seeing temps around 15-20 degrees C, and that usually doesn't occur until late april. So in Denmarks case we're off by 1 month. In fact it's not uncommon that winter makes its last move on us around this time, but this year there's no chance that will happen.

Early spring is welcome!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Alright I wanted to ad to this. I am living in the desert part of Washington state (south central, In Kennewick) and we have snow right now on March 22, 2012.

I will get a picture (let me know if you guys want to see it and how to remove the gps data as I really don't want to let people know where exactly I am as that can lead to the real me fairly easily) , I am waiting on more lighting as my cell cam doesn't have flash, but wanted to add that in.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
yes, i totally agree with having nice warm dry weather,but at wot cost im worried about the knock on effect this will have on us humans what with nature out of sync and everything that goes with it

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Having lived in Ireland for the last 17 years, I have to say this has been the mildest I have experienced yet. Thankfully we were spared the 'deep freeze' that most of Europe got and I have saved a fortune on heating costs. I have never known a winter here where I did not need to turn on the heating for several days, and this has happened quite a few times this winter. On the other side of the coin, the last few summers haven't been great, cool and wet with only 2 days last summer reaching over 20C. Not being a weather buff, I have no idea if this is cyclic or just plain weird weather

I have pondered if perhaps this 'strange' weather has anything to do with the last few massive earthquakes accelerating Earth's spin and shortening our days, even if by just a few microseconds.

I'm sure someone somewhere knows what's going on and hopefully their info will come to light sooner rather than later.

Here's hoping for a somewhat decent summer this year, the last one was 2006 and I missed it all because we were moving house. Come on mother earth lets have one final hurrah before the end of 2012

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I agree with the OP .. way strange weather.

In Detroitish Michigan its been basically early Summer for the last week. Our Low temps have been above the "Average High". Our high temps have been some 30-40 deg F. above average.

Check this Data out ( page is useful for other places too ).

AccuWeather

I was reading another blog about some place in Minnesota that there LOW temp a few days ago Broke/matched that days RECORD High LOL.

I will get back to this thread when the Fish Flys come out this season.

JG.

International Falls, Minnesota
edit on 22-3-2012 by jaduguru because: add info

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Yep, Central NY here, very little snow, far from normal for around here. What snow we did get was gone within a day two tops. It feels almost like a winter you'd expect down south around Tenn. If we don't get a good snow storm by Mothers Day, then I'll start to worry about what kind of summer we're in for, nature usually has a way of balancing out.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by vister74
yes, i totally agree with having nice warm dry weather,but at wot cost im worried about the knock on effect this will have on us humans what with nature out of sync and everything that goes with it

Southern Il.. raining cats and dogs all the time and in the 70-80's... my garden should go nutty. I just hope it doesnt flip flop and go desert and drought this late summer. My rain barrels were.. attacked.. by my new dog you see in the pic to your left.
The knock effect on humans.. well if you have a mold allergy around here.. run for cover.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
South-Central Saskatchewan here.
This winter, for us, has been unlike any other.
We usually have temperatures ranging from -10 to -42 with several weeks in January/February
being in the -40 range.
This winter, the temperature has never gotten below -21 and that only lasted for about two
days.
Any snow we've gotten, which has been maybe a few inches, has melted away within a week or
so.
I've never had to put on my winter jacket and I suppose it's good that our heating bills will be low this year.
My dad, who lives in Southern Ontario, says that they gotten almost NO snow this winter and they've never
had any really cold days.
I've never seen it like this in all 59 years of my life so far.
Something is up...I don't know what...but it's starting to freak me out.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Just north of Buffalo N.Y. here, the pond never froze over (koi happy about that I am sure), privit hedges are in full leaf mode that never has happened this early. Matter of fact I just went out and checked my pond temp and it's 65 degrees!!!! It's only a couple thousand gallon pond but never has been this warm ever. We used the shovel 2 times this year. Something is not right I don't care what you naysayers want to claim. We are on the cusp of something and I was once a doubter as well but am no more.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I live in Upstate NY and have obviously noted the lack of snow fall. I think there was maybe 5 snowfalls that I actually had to shovel, the rest were flurries that when the sun came up, melted away. I don't think it's a time glitch or anything like that but something to do with the jet stream. I would love to have this type of weather all the time, get rid of the snow and let the West coast and the south deal with it, us northerner's have dealt with it long enough haha.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join