It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather seems to be 2-3 months off cycle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I live in the Northeastern part of the US and it seems to me that our weather is 2-3 months off cycle. In October, we had a massive snow storm more akin to December/January weather and in March, we've been encountering a long stretch of 70+ degree weather, more akin to typical May/June weather.

I'm curious as to where other ATS members reside and if their experiences are similar. If yes, do you think that jet streams such as those attributable to El Niño or La Nina can be the cause, or do you think it's really possible that a time glitch has occurred?

A year ago, a time glitch would have been an alien concept to me but the time patterns of acceleration seem to be too even and therefore give the possibly greater credence. Any thoughts?
edit on 3/22/2012 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yep, totally agree. My house has been getting extremely warmed up, even in the nights for the whole month of March, that feels like June. Temperature reading is up to or past 80 to 85 degrees. And no dryer is being ran, and no oven is being used, but it sure does feel like an oven sometimes. We didn't even get snow this year. A few showers here and there.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Same here dude. I live a half hour south of chicago and the weather for this time of year is ridiculous... I'm not complaining or anything but at the same time it's so out of the ordinary that I'm starting to wonder whats going on. I'm thinking it might be a HOT summer if it stays this way, either that or we'll have snow in July or something weird like that haha.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
We are off here too, the last two years have been a warm December January and cold snowy March. My neighbor was joking with me today as we stand in two inches of snow, saying that we should change the date for Christmas to the middle of March so we could finally have a white Christmas, lol.

link   
Today when I walked outside, you could just feel the suns heat beating down on you. I'm in middle eastern.

link   
I think I'd rather the OP suggestion of weather being a few months off than the idea that this is some indicator of what this summer is going to be like. If this is a sign of what is to come, long hot summer really doesn't do justice to what THIS summer will bring for very pissed and miserable people needing only a slight nudge to explode over anything.

Indeed.. I'd much rather imagine we peak the heat in July and see snow by September. It'll be freaky...but it beats the alternative during this, of all years.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
In East Lansing, MI. It's been extremely weird winter and early spring. We had minimal snow this winter that never really stuck. It's been in the 80's the last few days, it feels like it's July here. I've lived in Michigan all of my life and NEVER recall it being this warm this early in the year. Something is up, what is that something....I have no idea but the Earth is definitely showing us signs of things to come. I have followed ATS for years, I just turned 33 a half hour ago and finally made the decision to join the group. I'm ready for the interesting ride ahead!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartyRulez
In East Lansing, MI. It's been extremely weird winter and early spring. We had minimal snow this winter that never really stuck. It's been in the 80's the last few days, it feels like it's July here. I've lived in Michigan all of my life and NEVER recall it being this warm this early in the year. Something is up, what is that something....I have no idea but the Earth is definitely showing us signs of things to come. I have followed ATS for years, I just turned 33 a half hour ago and finally made the decision to join the group. I'm ready for the interesting ride ahead!

Hey, if no one else at ATS has had the chance yet... H A P P Y B I T H D A Y !

Sorry mods... It's not quite a super on-topic post..but I had to. How often is someone so good a fit that they actually sit here through their Birthday? lol.....

Here is hoping for a mild summer in Michigan!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I live in the (USA) Palm Springs, Calif. area.

The desert for those that do not know.

The weather out here has been extremely weird.

Hot some days and cold others. Hot meaning into the 90's and cold being into the 60's.

It has gone from one week of drastic heat to extreme cold. This is not day or night cycles either. At times in the summer it would still be hot into the night until around 12-1AM is when it would be nice outside. I grew up out here for 16 years so I have experience how the weather is normally.

The weather changes go from those above ranges swapping back and forth per week. For the last 3-4 months.

This has been some of the strangest weather I have ever seen.

edit on 21-3-2012 by Quickfix because: Grammer and spelling.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartyRulez

Happy Birthday!

Sorry, Back on topic.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
those of you who seem to think that the weather is strange, listen to your weather reports and see how many times in a week you hear them say hottest/ coldest/ wettest/ driest in XXXX number of years.

We get ther impression the weather is strange only due to the fact that weather is cyclical and it has cycles of 7 years, 70 years 700 years etc....
of course it is never static and does of course fluctuate over these time frames, but as we never really notice the weather even though we may mention it daily, we remember what we assume to be strange.

I use the analogy of a fisherman who as a boy would fish daily in his favorite fishing spot, catch a few fish a week and every once in a while would get a lot of fish in 1 day, his memory remembers that day but not the rest, as he gets older he tells the story of when he was a boy he remembered catching buckets full of fish all the time from his favorite fishing spot.

Just something for people to think about.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I'm trying to overcome my Spartans prejudice as I type this but it's oh so hard ; )

I'm up in Leelanau County myself and wholeheartedly agree with you that this winters weather is way outside the norm for us. I had to use my shovel 3 times this winter including dealing with the lake effect snow we usually get, last year I probably shoveled at least 50 times. There is usually a couple feet on the ground right now instead of the shorts and sandals weather we've been having.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I'm in Ottawa, Ontario in Canada..the weather here is about 21-22 degrees (whatever that works out to in farenheit) above normal I'm freaking out. Everyone is just going on with their day enjoying the weather not realizing that there's something seriously wrong here. Its the warmest its ever been in the history of the city here.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
SW Idaho here crazy weather warm one week and cold the next. Had nice weather and then woke up on the supposed first day of spring to nearly a foot of snow and flurries most of the day by the end of the day it was melted off except for the mountains. My apricot tree started to bloom and then got hit with the snow so I hope don't lose to many this year. It was a very mild winter too.

edit on 21-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Happy birthday! I'm just across the great lake from you and yeah, what a weird year so far.

On topic, I would be on board on the 3 month ahead of schedule for the weather but last fall was really warm too. 80's in October. The only way this scenario would make sense is if we had a cold fall last year, which we didn't. At least not where I live.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The weather fluctuation up here in cherry country has the farmers freaking out as the trees are starting to bud, if we get another cold snap ( which we usually do) it's goodbye cherry harvest for the year.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
What I find somewhat disconcerting is that anyone I try to discuss this with will first agree that the weather is bizarre but each person ends the discussion by saying "but I'm not complaining".

The way I see it, yeah it's great that I didn't have to shovel or brave frigid weather over the last few months, but it just contributes to the feeling that major, unnatural earth changes are taking place (which could be a really bad thing) and as long as people aren't inconvenienced and get to enjoy a snowless winter, they're not the least bit concerned about the possible danger signals going off all around them.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I don't know exactly how to put this but. No.

If you are breaking records daily and you look at the year the previous record was set, you can obviously see your standpoint is clearly wrong.

Monday broke a record from 1985
Tuesday broke a record from 1907
Wednesday broke a record from 1890 (the first year records were taken)

If you want to live inside the box that you are comfortable with thats fine but don't come on ATS trying to convince other people that this isn't really happening.

Something is going on, if you can't deal with it... close your browser and bury your head in the sand.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Central Illinois, and yes, EXACTLY as you described. Very, very hot recently. Winter was weak - Spring, well, we kind of skipped it.

I have an idea: Someone should start a thread about the strange weather phenomena, and compile all the locations and make a list out of them. Just to see how far-spread this strange cycle is.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I'm not too concerned about it. My belief on the whole ordeal is our axis shifted. The entire united states is now more tropical.

Sorry Europe, you got the crap end of this stick

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join