It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather seems to be 2-3 months off cycle

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I live in the Southeastern US. A friend and I have had many conversations on this topic over the last year or so. It all started when the stories were popping up about the poles shifting.
Poles Shifting
She said that she felt something was "different". So, she went online to her power company website, and decided to compare her bills month over month. There was a definite change in her usage patterns. I will see if she can look it up again, and screen shot it for me. She was using more power for her air conditioning/heating at different months than normal. That was interesting to analyze.
The temps here are already in the 80's, and we hardly had a winter at all. No snow, no ice. We usually get at least 1 day of ice a year. It's almost like we've moved into a more moderately warm climate. Looking back at the records, our average temp should be between 50-60 degrees. So here we are, roughly 20 degrees above average.

My thought is that it's a combination of the pole shifting *and* time speeding up. I can't quite put the specifics together, unfortunately, but in my brain, it makes sense

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Northern Vermont reporting!!

This past week everyday has been 80+... this is highly unusual!!!

We may have a week of 80+ in July or Aug... but never March!!!

Record annihilating highs all week. I am not complaining!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
New Hampshire chiming in, too... It's GREAT!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
We had an incredibly mild winter where I live. Last February we broke the record for the most snow for the date, the most snow ever for February, and the most from a single storm. This year I bought my son a new coat and he only wore it twice! I'm going to assume that this is just one of those crazy years for weather and not an indication of warmer days from here on out...I don't like heat. If it's cold I can throw on a jacket but if it's 110 degress...then I'm just out of luck!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It seems about a month ahead of schedule to me in South Carolina. I've seen worse though around the late 90's where it only got cold a few days and was very mild. I wore shorts for most of the winter and stocked up on my winter clothes because long sleeve shirts were going for 1.00 US and coats for 5.00-10.00 US. I bought 5 coats that I liked that year.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by marymaryg4321

I agree! Not much to say about the weather on the news. Kind of strange considering how many people around the world are talking about the changes in weather patterns this year! I would expect more coverage, especially from the Weather Channel. I've seen many kinds of strange weather patterns through the years, and the one change I believe is that the sun is now more intense than ever before. Things such as this we cannot change...whatever will be will be.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Same thing here (Winnipeg, Canada).

S&F&

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by walla
Yes, I completely agree. I live in Washington state. We had a colder and wetter spring that usual. Summer never really got warm. All of the crops were about three weeks late. Some crops had terrible yeilds do to the mild summer. Fall was dry and warm. Winter never really happened. It was also warm and dry. The last few weeks it has been wet and today It SNOWED!

It's like the whole year has been off by one and a half or two months. I am really beginning to wonder what is in store for us this summer. Because our winter was so mild, I am expecting that the bugs will be terrible due to not getting killed off my the cold. Pretty strange and yes, very unsettling. Something is not right with the weather. But the seasons? Yes. It is very alarming.

Walla - I'm curious, do you live in Eastern Washington? Because here in Western Washington we had that super freeze that caused a lot of damage (billions of dollars worth I believe) as well as the widespread power outages caused by all of the ice covered trees breaking branches and severing power lines. It was no fun at all with the freezing temperatures and no power. Hotels and motels with power were completely booked by people wanting warmth and a hot shower. Restaurants were full of people. I was fortunate enough to have a sister-in-law that had power and took us in for a couple of nights. While this is certainly not unheard of around here, it was one of the colder winters. We are more used to milder winters around here. Also, with "Walla" as your user name I assume you are in Eastern Washington - perhaps the Walla Walla area? I do concur with pretty much everything else you said though, but winter was most definately colder than normal.

For the non Pacific Northwest people reading this, Washington state is kind of split down the middle by the Cascade Mountain range. The weather in Eastern Washington is generally colder in winter and hotter in summer than Western Washington. Western Washington is also generally wetter than Eastern Washington. It really is like two different states when you cross over the mountains, but both sides of our state are equally beautiful.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well "summer" has arrived here in sunny Glasgow, Scotland and is apparently set to continue well into next week!
I shall be looking out my wellies because summer will be a washout no doubt.

So yeah the weather patterns do seem to be "out" by couple of months. But then what happened to our winter?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RichieRay

Sorry it took so long to reply but didn't imply I wasn't taking advantage of it. With that said, I can appreciate the unusual warm weather, lack of back-braking snow and not having to deal with the challenges of inclement weather without sticking my head in the sand and accepting everything as status quo.

Don't intend to sound defensive but accepting and not questioning strange anomalies is not a good precedent to set in my book, especially in this day and age. As always, I appreciate others' comments and genuinely appreciate your posting!

Timidgal

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenAlpha

Thats because it is, And here is my Theory as to why this is happening!
Over the last 2-3 years we have seen some major Earthquakes that have shifted the Earth on its axis That have lead to shorter days, Everything that we see on this planet is effected bye everything else, disrupting the rotation of the Earth (Even in the slightest way) could change everything we know about our Seasons.

I think this is the reasons for our Planets past Ice ages & Periods of Tropical temps, But this is just a Theory of mine.....

Thanks for the explanation of this theory; seems to makes perfect sense and is highly plausible...

Timidgal

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by matty1053

Must be a cold summer comin' up for all us.

Time to bring out the Florida Winter Jackets!

Now that would be something that even the most ardent of skeptics couldn't ignore, lol.

Glad you enjoyed the thread and thanks for posting!

TG

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenMindedMommy

Oh and this is my first post...I finally joined after lurking for months. I've learned a lot of interesting and terrifying things here, looking forward to actually discussing with all of you!
edit on 22-3-2012 by OpenMindedMommy because: stupid autocorrect

Welcome to the boards and thanks for participating!

Timidgal

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
How does something like this get so many flags? Anyone can state a feeling they have and find reasons around them to support it.

I have wondered what's up with the weather we're having, but instead of making yet another conspiracy that the weather is somehow 'off,' I checked with older friends. They said that we've had warm winters like this before. It's happened before.

I believe that the weather is different, but we must check with people who have been around longer than us to help us determine what is 'normal.' My older friends say that we have had warm winters like this before.

We had a colder than normal winter last year, and this year, it's actually warmer than usual, and that is what makes it seem that much more 'off.' That's all there is to it in my book, however unexciting that may be.

I have a feeling that I might be considered one of those "older posters" and can honestly say I'm fairly qualified to say that the weather is "off"".

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It's pretty screwed up in Indiana as well. Unusually warm for the most part and one of the tamest winters I've ever seen and I've lived here nearly all my life.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone for posting their individual experiences and theories. It will be interesting to see if this offbeat weather continues and what Summer 2012 brings.

Stay tuned...

Thanks again all!

Timidgal
:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
In the Toronto region, at the beginning or mid of march, we had 10 straight days of SUMMER type weather - at the end of the winter season! 20-25 degree celsius weather. During this time, the trees budded, about a month or two earlier than usual, the birds migrated southward.....NOW, for the last 10 days or so, we have had -4 to 5 degree celcius weather....Everyday cloudy skies, sometimes snowing, sometimes freezing rain. This weather is ABNORMAL. I've been feeling it too; my emotions are completely off, i feel mentally lethargic, little concentration, easily distracted, paranoid over little and stupid things.....

And what about nature? What about those poor birds that were duped into migrating too early, who are now having to brave temperatures which they leave here in the winter season to avoid?

This weather is demented... Perhaps a reflection of our own psychological-sociopolitical turmoil?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

I'm not too concerned about it. My belief on the whole ordeal is our axis shifted. The entire united states is now more tropical.

Sorry Europe, you got the crap end of this stick

I can assure you we didn’t get the crap end of the stick, we are in the middle of a drought, hose pipe bans have been issued in certain areas, the weather over the last 2 weeks have almost hit 20c, just not right, I’m not going to worry as there is nothing I can do.. just enjoying it really..

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Oh its the UK by the way

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Here in my part of the UK we just had an amazing start to spring that would even be classed as good for summer! I don't know whether it was ATS or another site but someone was rubbishing all talk of extreme weather events or seasonal changes saying it was just normal variation! But over the past few years we have seen an escalation of severe weather events, broken weather records and topsy turvy weather.
Any farmer in my neck of the woods can tell you that the seasons are 'off' plus I know that myself from my own produce.
I'm over 60 and something is definitely going on. Heck here in the UK we just had an MSM TV programme (Horizon) on the subject of 'Weird Weather'.
edit on 2-4-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join