It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond 'strange sounds' - widespread Rumbling & houses Shaking - reported in WI, OK, BC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I kept hearing this last year, when everyone else was. It was insane.

I hadn't heard it since, and still haven't. Back then it was more of a loud, long string of sounds. But last night I heard three or four things that sounded a bit like thunder, or like someone dropped something that was extremely heavy, I'm talking something that weighed TONS, down the road. Nobody I know has said anything about it. I assume everyone thought it was thunder, since my husband did, but nobody else is in tune with the weather like I am that I know. It was merely sprinkling and the radar showed nothing but rainshowers. I know thunder, this wasn't it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I live in Ft. Wayne, Indiana and we have
had rumblings and shaking of the house
from time to time for months. According to an
article I read it has been going on here for
several years. The last time the house
shook was about 2 weeks ago and we
had a window break. Its a bit unnerving.
I reported the last shaking on the Earth
Quake thread and they saw a signature
on the seismo that looked sorta like an
avalanche.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Has anyone mentioned Skyquakes? Still not an explanation, but this site shows locations and dates back a few years... Interesting. mysterybooms.blogspot.com...&q=skyquake&ei=IHFqT9GjGaGzsgKXtcX5BQ&sa=X&ct=res&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQFjAA

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Or how about the new high tech way they look for places to drill for gas.. Satellite Imagery?? Just throwing out some stuff... This is certainly an interesting thing.... How many years have they been using that technology? Definitely not as far back as some of those reports go on the blog above, or the 1950's...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
HOLY COW, I was going to create a thread on something like this. Mine might be a little different (just read the title and posted, will come back after reading).

I have noticed since at least last October vibrations in my house, like an earthquake that is a persistent and annoying little sob. Sometimes it will last for hours. As of right now, I have been feeling it for 1 hour and 36 minutes (don't ask my why I have it time atm).

Its very low, no sound. I seem to be the only one that feels it in the house too which is a shame.
I also tried with various amounts of liquid in 10 different cups to see if I could "see" the vibration but unfortunately all the water eventually became flat and haven't moved (today).

The people at work think I am losing it, I keep telling them I had to have had it first, but they don't think that's funny.

Ok so its not exactly like this, but I still am at a loss.
edit on 21-3-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Wow, great find! That makes perfect sense. Someone has to chart where the sound is and correlate it with unseasonably warm weather.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Clintonville, Wisconsin sits on both sides of the Pigeon River. The noises have been said to go from the SW to the NE which is perpendicular to the direction of the river flow - the river on the surface. Is there water down below moving creating the sounds? No snow pack and warm weather have made the rivers in Wisconsin run early this spring, even that far north. I wonder what's all moving down below.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Here's the live feed in Wisconsin. Someone beat you too it. Surprised that topic rarely has received any attention.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
apparently wisconsin is experiencing a land rush for sand used in fracking. the sand is going for $200 per ton so land is being bought up like crazy. i'm not sure what kind of equipment is used to mine the sand but this could be something to look into to explain the noise and shaking (if explosives are needed for it). i'm not sure but i think sand mining is usually coastal. i would think in wisconsin there would need to be some sort of excavation for the sand.

link with info regarding the land rush:

www.wisconsinwatch.org...

edit to add: there would have to be some sort of explosions because the sand is coming from sand stone. they have to break it up somehow.
edit on 21-3-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

i found a link to sand mining for frack sand and it DOES require explosives. it's not as bad as fracking but still terrible for the land and the people around it.

fracdallas.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I've noticed that no one is covering the identical situation that has occurred in Alabama earlier this month. My wife experienced this same exact phenomena while I was at work at 4:30 in the afternoon. She though a car ran into the house because we live at a 4 way intersection. It knocked over the entertainment center. Here is the news article.

blog.al.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm no expert, but I can't believe more people haven't heard of this!

There have been reports of these 'booms' at least
since the 1700's! I have heard them myself at least twice, two years apart. The first time I didn't know what it was.
It sounded like someone was throwing wood into a metal wheelbarrow.
Then when that stopped it sounded like two cars broadsided each other the whole length of the cars! Like metal scraping.

The second time the outside bedroom wall made a big cracking noise like a 2x4 splitting, followed by 4 or 5 booms.
Both times were in the middle of the night.

I thought I heard them another time in the middle of the afternoon,
but there is so much human 'noise' during the day, & it happened so fast, it's hard to say for sure!

Source: Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org...

Source: USGS
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Lots of info in these. Also areas where the booms have been heard.
A lot of stuff if you Google 'Seneca Guns" too.
WOQ

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lindsay1984

I live near Dolese in SW OK. By near, I mean around a mile away. There's not much between my house and the gravel mill except pasture and trees. I've noticed a different sound lately, heavier and lower and I can't hear the machinery. Now, I have moved in the last couple months. My old house was just down the road, like 1/4 mile from where I am now. The sound is very different.
I assume it's the fact that the house I'm in now is much older, and the oldest part of it doesn't really have a foundation. It's like the sound carries differently. But...

Last night I thought I heard a large truck in my driveway too. I was close to the door and, therefore, the driveway. Nobody there, no cars around. The road is gravel, so any car makes a specific sound; that sound didn't exist when I heard this. There's been several things like this happen. Again, I usually just attribute them to Dolese. Who knows though? It does sound different than normal.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

I once lived in a house that also vibrated and felt like it was shaking, ever so slightly. I discovered the ac/heat system somehow was creating a vibration that echoed throughout the whole house. Pay attention and see if that is what you have going on. If it is, you should be able to reproduce it.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You know, I haven't given much to this rumbling thing......BUT i have heard some rumbles lately that made me think I should check out these threads.

I live just West/North West of OKC. Last night I heard a rumble, that I thought was an earthquake coming (sounded similar to the EQs we had last winter) except the house wasn't shaking. We also had some thunderstorms in the area, but it didn't quite sound like thunder, even the longer rolls of it we often get. Probably was, but still it was strange enough of a sound it really caught my attention.

I have heard some other rumbles lately too. Now I am near/under both traffic patterns for actually 3 airports and 1 to 2 Air Force Bases, so usually I just attribute the sounds to that, someone exiting the area and kicking up to full power. But the sounds I have been hearing are longer, more steady, and sound "closer" then the typical jets in the pattern.

Very strange incidents to say the least.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I've noticed something about the sounds that have been occurring. When I looked at the other sounds as well as these I tried to match the pitch of the notes to my guitar and I've discovered the notes: F-G-G#-D#.
I've filled in some missing notes and others I might have heard and I've come up with the F Dorian scale or:
F-G-G#-A#-C-D-D#-F

I was wondering if anyone has tried to figure out the pitches, even in the low rumbling sounds.
Usually the lower pitches are F's and the higher ones are the sharped notes.

I'm really keen on finding a pattern even if it makes no bloody sense.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Having heard and posted this sound myself here in Edinburgh, Scotland. It would be good if someone could get to the bottom if it.
I mean its worldwide. We have earthquakes happening, this whole 188 day thing.

Something odd is going on with our planet, and it just so happens (no laughing at the back) we are nearing 21/12/2012 or 12/21/2012 if you are from the USA.

I think something big is happening. Could a massive blackhole be near us causing this? Could it be some black/dwarf star near us? I just hope the Maya are wrong. But with each passing day/week/month, things are getting stranger and stranger.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alastair

Now this would be totally interesting if there a connection. Maybe you'll become famous.
Maybe it is an AI trying to communicate with us.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

It is an odd usage of notes but I've noticed they are very close if not the exact notes according to modern tuning.
That either makes it intelligent or it makes it an obvious fake. The ones that do not seem like fakes, the low mumblings are F's as far as I can tell. That's just interesting. A side note about the scale in question. If you look it up it's very melancholy and almost reminds me of something radiohead would make into a song.

I've used a simple I -IV-V-I progression with the scale and it sounds pretty interesting. Maybe others could help me try to decipher the notes.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by alastair
I've noticed something about the sounds that have been occurring. When I looked at the other sounds as well as these I tried to match the pitch of the notes to my guitar and I've discovered the notes:

F-G-G#-D#.
I've filled in some missing notes and others I might have heard and I've come up with the F Dorian scale or:
F-G-G#-A#-C-D-D#-F

I was wondering if anyone has tried to figure out the pitches, even in the low rumbling sounds.
Usually the lower pitches are F's and the higher ones are the sharped notes.

I'm really keen on finding a pattern even if it makes no bloody sense.

That's fascinating!!! I did some analysis with tuning frequencies for my guitar. Based on spreadsheet analysis I came up with "446" while also noting the "warm" vs "dark" in major cords. Here's the video I did on it. I wasn't able to feel much other than a little warm/dark between B and C. (every f#'ing Bad Cord = 1/2 steps)

But you're actually finding tunable notes - wow, blows my mind. Does it resonate? (the video does some math w/ a spreadsheet and then checks it for the birghter, especially bending up the B):

Edit+
Here's that spreadsheet-image (photobucket)[still don't know how to upload images to ATS so they embed here, including my profile... arg].

I didn't have anything other than warm/dark to go by --- if you do... something in a context like this would be VERY interesting - as others post it seems world wide too.
edit on 3/21/2012 by reitze because: + link to spreadsheet-image

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join