It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many people have an issue with the TSA?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by camus154

ROFL. Lady, you are exactly who I had in mind when I explained how insufferably spoiled we are now as Americans.

so if by being spoiled you mean we have rights secured by the blood of patriots so we would not fall victim to the whims of tyranny and fanatical leaders then yes. We are spoiled right into dignity and what our founding fathers deemed necessary for a true democratic society.

If you have a problem with our core principles please leave and join the next dictatorship looking to hire some mercs for the expressed purpose of unspoiling people of their property and their peace.

You can leave if you don't like what America stands for.

you seem more like the immature brat mocking his people for trying to preserve our identity and our values.

edit on 22-3-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

so if by being spoiled you mean we have rights secured by the blood of patriots so we would not fall victim to the whims of tyranny and fanatical leaders then yes. We are spoiled right into dignity and what our founding fathers deemed necessary for a true democratic society..

If you have a problem with our core principles please leave and join the next dictatorship looking to hire some mercs for the expressed purpose of unspoiling people of their property and their peace.

You can leave if you don't like what America stands for.

you seem more like the immature brat mocking his people for trying to preserve our identity and our values.

Oh please, Rambo. Spare me the Stars and Stripes speech. I've served my country proudly and you're damned right, I am mocking people. I'm mocking them for being so incredibly selfish and spoiled that it's nauseating and it makes us Americans look like little ninnies who whine and think they're entitled to everything under the sun just because they're American.

What we complain about in this country, other people would die for. But apparently there's nothing quite as American as taking for granted just how good we have it.

I am exercising my RIGHT to voice my opinion, EVEN if it's contrary to what the rest of you want to hear, EVEN if that means you will label me a dissenter, EVEN if that means it's inconvenient for you to hear or it says something about all of YOU oh-so-patriotic people.

That's what these freedoms are all about, baby. So don't tell me to leave. I'm not the one who's running around complaining about how bad my country is

edit on 22-3-2012 by camus154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

so you served but forgot you swore to protect our constitution?

you are mocking your people.....traitor....I mean traitor Rambo.

use your head Mr. I am the law.

We decide what we want. If you think its bitching and we need to toughen up then leave because we are a nation of NORMAL people that want to live normal lives in peace. Not give dumbasses like you a job since you forgot to get marketable skills beyond defense and security.

We are no less men for defending what our patriots died for. If you are a person who served you should know how important the constitution is. Unless you did it because you are a sociopath and just like guns.

don't mock your people, it makes you sound like a traitor.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

since you changed you post I´ll just make another.

then stay and change the law as the law prescribes. You can argue against the constitution all you want but it's like saying the flag is for pussies.

I am not saying I hate anything. Don't speak for me thank you, I can do that.

You just want to act the tough guy part when really you take the cowards road by turning your back on your people and their highest law. How dare you. We have the same right to voice our opinion too then don't we.

go ahead and call us pussies for doing so. You seem like such a true patriot when you do.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

It is perfectly legitimate to question why you are defending the TSA. Its obvious why I criticise the TSA. Why do you come here and defend them? Are you afraid we might collectively put enough pressure to be able to kick the TSA out of the airports?

Out of the airports? TSA should be disbanded altogether - right along with DHS. Both agencies are useless eaters, with no purpose for being other than to siphon off tax money. That's my objection - I could give a crap whether people want to wait in line to get felt up at airports. Go to the men's room and find a congressman, and you could probably get the job done quicker.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

so you served but forgot you swore to protect our constitution?

you are mocking your people.....traitor....I mean traitor Rambo.

Not this bull# again.

Mocking our fellow countrymen is a tradition that goes back to the time of the 13 colonies. That's what America's all about, dude--being able to speak out and dissent. You realize every person who's run for public office has been mocked since we started as a country, right? You realize doing that--and being ABLE to do that--is an American tradition, right?

Maybe you need a refresher course in what our values are really about, because the way you paint it, you sound amazingly ANTI American.

We decide what we want. If you think its bitching and we need to toughen up then leave because we are a nation of NORMAL people that want to live normal lives in peace. Not give dumbasses like you a job since you forgot to get marketable skills beyond defense and security.

No. I will NOT leave. Because it is my RIGHT to voice my opinion about the whiners. I am EXERCISING my rights. That's what it's all about. Just because it's not what YOU want to hear doesn't make me any less American and doesn't mean I must leave.

Again, you need a refresher course in what we're all about.

We are no less men for defending what our patriots died for. If you are a person who served you should know how important the constitution is. Unless you did it because you are a sociopath and just like guns.

don't mock your people, it makes you sound like a traitor.

And I am no less of a man for exercising my right to disagree and criticize you. And sorry, just because I don't agree with YOU doesn't mean I don't agree with the Constitution.

You may not know it, guy, but YOU aren't the sole authority on Constitutional interpretation.

See, I actually TRUST my country. I actually TRUST my justice system to interpret the law AS IT WAS MEANT TO DO.

You call that being a sheep. You call that being asleep at the wheel. Which is rather ironic, since I'm the one being called a traitor.

So sorry. All the scare tactics and shame tactics and patriotic lip service in the world isn't going to shut me up or make me NOT disagree with you. I DO love my country. I think it's great here. Which is precisely why I'm sick and tired of spoiled Americans whining about all the dumb little injustices they think they're suffering.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

flame away...

I actually like the fact we can disagree.

I also like the fact that until the TSA we were not subject to mass search and seizure. Just another great thing the constitution provides us. Though for tough guys like you it is unnecessary. You can just punch and shoot your truth into the world and don't need faggy things like laws and society to function as you please.

Hell you dont even need your people. You are a one man ultimate truth machine.

enjoy.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

You just want to act the tough guy part when really you take the cowards road by turning your back on your people and their highest law. How dare you.

Right, I'm a coward, I'm a commie, I'm not a real patriot, whatever. We get it, dude. YOU get to speak about how everyone else should interpret the constitution. We get it. You have more authority over that than any constitutional authority in the country, even the chief justices, because you have some cute little rambo heart avatar and you like threatening people by trying to pull the "you're not a real patriot" card.

We have the same right to voice our opinion too then don't we.

Of course you do. I'm not the one acting like you're some kind of traitor because you're actually exercising your rights instead of bitching about how you don't have them

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

please reply...you seem to want to have the last word.

You have not addressed anything beyond what I already said about you.

done yet?

I know not.

so now flame away Mr. I am the law.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

The last word from Camus? Are you kidding? Camus is still on the clock ...

He might even get overtime just because of this thread

jk, sorry Camus couldn't resist ...

edit on 22-3-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

please reply...you seem to want to have the last word.

You have not addressed anything beyond what I already said about you.

done yet?

I know not.

so now flame away Mr. I am the law.

But if I reply now that means....oh, I see what you did there....

But anyway, what exactly did I not address? I think we're pretty much been all over the map here.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
how about you tell me what you would do if you were in charge of security for an airline. You are responsible of all the lives you fare from point A to point B. Since the TSA is taking all your rights away as a human being tell me what you would do better and how you would ensure that all planes would be sterile.

1) Hire private security - get rid of governmental security because of the conflicts with the Constitution.

2) Use bomb-sniffers, either canine, mechanical, or both, to pre-screen for probable cause.

3) Only pull hits by the sniffers aside for closer examination.

4) Plain-clothes, armed (frangible bullets) security on-flight.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
reply to post by BIHOTZ

The last word from Camus? Are you kidding? Camus is still on the clock ...

He might even get overtime just because of this thread

jk, sorry Camus couldn't resist ...

edit on 22-3-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

It's all good...I actually like all of you much more than I might let on

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

dude have a good night. I am going home to my family. No one is trying to convince you of anything. You can think whatever you want. I wish your kids and your descendants luck in the years to come following this generations lack of respect for our countries founding principles. We were not founded on absolute security we were founded on freedom. That is not an excess, it is what we stand for and supposedly export to the world with our moral imperative.

later.

P.S.

flame away.

see what I did there.....LOL

Edit: I would probably have a beer with you and have a good time.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Edit: I would probably have a beer with you and have a good time.

Probably so. Although it could get loud

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

I am Canadian as well here and I have a major problem with the Jack Boots .....aka TSA
Never again are we going to travel anywhere that involves the USA for any reason.

No offense to our American neighbours here but by freeking god it is a mess south of us.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
While I do not dismiss your opinion, an expert has had schooling which doesn't make him all supreme knowing god of security.. but I would believe him/her over you anyday.

I'm not an "expert", but I do have a degree of qualification - 2 years of Security/Law Enforcement training, 8 hrs/day, 5days a week, and 14 years experience in armed Security (not your average door-knob rattler or "mall cop") as a Custom Protection Officer, which encompassed things like Executive Protection, Installation Analysis and Security, Threat Analysis, and even some work contracted to the US Marshal's Service, among other things. Now I am a Security Consultant and Contractor.

From my perspective, I can see good arguments on both sides here, but perhaps not for the reasons they are being put forth. I also think that if the TSA/DHS objective is to provide security, they're doing it wrong. BADLY wrong. However, what they are doing is a good way to condition the public for some Very Bad Things to come down the pike courtesy of the government.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
We are more likely to die a lightning strike then in a terrorist attack.

Motor vehicles kill and injure thousands more people in the US then terrorist actions world wide.

In America we have a right not to be striped searched without probable cause. The TSA violates that right millions of times a day. A sworn police officer cannot even do that. (without probable cause )

We are a nation of rules and laws and only we the landless peasant slaves to the mega corporation known as the US Government, are subject to these draconian laws. While the Elite of the world get to buy their way past all the safeguards.

We now have the TSA searching people on the the streets.

The TSA Goons appear around the 30 second mark.

Why are they on the streets?

I would think to circumvent the 5th amendment.

Get ready cause a crackdown is coming.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

I understand the need for the TSA, and I understand the need for them to stringently pour over every item to make sure that there are no red flags. However, I believe that they should be further streamlined and clearing passengers should not be so inefficient. In some cases, the TSA officers are well-mannered and take their jobs seriously. At larger airports though (for instance, Chicago O'Hare), I've noticed there is a lack of professionalism, and it's common to see them loafing around on the job. It's hard for me to give them respect when I don't receive respect from them, nor do I see any respect for their duties.

(Not related, but thumbs up on that GY!BE avatar)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by mugger

Your Constitutional Right do not apply to a contract where you waived your rights to unreasonable search. You do this when you accept the Contract of Carriage of an airline, and purchase their tickets.

Its basically the same as ATS here. You agree to our Terms and Conditions because this is a private site, even though some of those conditions may limit some of your Constitutional Rights to things such as talking about anything you wish on this site. You agree because you want to be a member here, and you waive certain rights. If you do not wish to waive those rights, then you can choose to not be a member here.

Same thing with the airlines, see?

Sorry to be late. I didn't voluntarily give up any right. The government forced that upon us under the guise of a private contract. Sorry, I do not by it. Who instituted the TSA? The private airlines

Why is the TSA in subways and other places besides airports? If I by a subway ticket. am I now held to that same BS line. Buses will be next on the list a, then trains and the list will keep expanding.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join