It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many people have an issue with the TSA?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by camus154

How about you just answer MegaMinds question that you've dodged several times now.

Would you be willing to submit to a cavity search in the event that a bomb was smuggled in someones anus?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It's because this whole TSA thing is just a psy-ops, for which 9/11 was a catalyst. Now I know that there is a need for security at airports and whatnot, but this is extreme. Putting people through body scanners, going through their luggage, and even groping their you know what. Everybody is a potential terrorist. Even YOU could be a potential terrorist. Ever thought about that?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP

How about you just answer MegaMinds question that you've dodged several times now.

Would you be willing to submit to a cavity search in the event that a bomb was smuggled in someones anus?

Oh Jesus Christ....what's this question I'm "dodging" now? Sorry, I was too busy shooting fish in a barrel.

Right, then. The cavity search. Hell no. I wouldn't fly if that were to happen.

But, here's a prediction for all of you here in ATS. Everyone gather round, this is Big Stuff:

TSA will never require cavity searches.

edit on 22-3-2012 by camus154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Dude you're dismissed ... I know you inside and out ... and people like you are the problem ...

Not "terrorist" ... not so-called "truthers" ... but people just like you that go along to get along ...

You would argue all the way to a gas chamber that it was somehow for the better ...

whatever

edit on 22-3-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Dude your dismissed ... I know you inside and out ... and people like you are the problem ...

Not terrorist ... not so-called "truthers" ... but people just like you that go along to get along ...

You would argue all the way to a gas chamber that it was somehow for the better ...

whatever

Whatever, indeed, dude.

While you're so busy crying that the sky is falling, I'm actually out enjoying all the freedoms I actually have.

Tell me again who's the stupid one

But hey, it's all gravy. Since I know you won't ever fly again because you're so Sticking it to the Man, that's one less idiot I have to weave around in the airport. My thanks in advance, kind sir.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Dude your dismissed ... I know you inside and out ... and people like you are the problem ...

Not terrorist ... not so-called "truthers" ... but people just like you that go along to get along ...

whatever

Whatever, indeed, dude.

While you're so busy crying that the sky is falling, I'm actually out enjoying all the freedoms I actually have.

Tell me again who's the stupid one

Actually no you are not. You are here cheerleading for the TSA. And telling everyone there is nothing to see here move along.

Are you working right now? I mean getting paid to do this? That is really the only way I can see someone defending these @ss hats.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

But hey, it's all gravy. Since I know you won't ever fly again because you're so Sticking it to the Man, that's one less idiot I have to weave around in the airport. My thanks in advance, kind sir.

So now you're calling me an idiot? Good one ...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Loaded Gun Slips Past TSA Screeners
abcnews.go.com...

Stun Gun Get By TSA Screener in Tampa, Florida
www.heraldtribune.com...

Marijuana Packed in Luggage Gets Past TSA Screener
www.myfoxphoenix.com...

TSA Accused of Helping Drug Traffickers
www.ktla.com...

Watchdog: TSA Cooked Data on Airport Security
www.washingtontimes.com...

Government Accountability Office Report: Efforts to Validate TSA’s Passenger Screening Behavior Detection Program Underway, but Opportunities Exist to Strengthen Validation and Address Operational Challenges
www.gao.gov...

House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman John Mica Says Screening Failures Are Off The Charts
www.huffingtonpost.com...

TSA Agent Arrested for Methamphetamine Operation
www.wkrn.com...

--

I mean come on man, this "agency" obviously doesn't work! It's such a blatant failure I have to wonder what your (Camus) motives are for wasting your time arguing with other people about why they should just accept it. Maybe because they would rather take their chances and be treated with some friggin dignity. Is that too much to ask? Things are going to happen that don't make sense, and people are always going to die. Everything cannot be controlled. Deal with it.

edit on 22-3-2012 by BlesUTP because: spelling errors

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Actually no you are not. You are here cheerleading for the TSA. And telling everyone there is nothing to see here move along.

Are you working right now? I mean getting paid to do this?

Seriously, can you be any more cliche? Do all of you "truthers" have some script you follow to show how remarkably independent and forward-thinking you all are? Please tell me more about this radical breaking away from the masses and propaganda you've done. Please tell me more about how you Get It because your theories and rationals are so utterly predictable you've made yourself a walking caricature.

You thought you'd pop in here and spout off how it's all Doom and Gloom and the Man is trying to take over, man! You thought you'd get a bunch of stars for being so different!

And then a glitch happened. I popped up and said, "Uh, it really ain't all that bad, guys".

And oh boy!! Let me tell you, the heads started a-rollin. What? You want facts? You want reason? You want logic?

We don't do those things around here, man. What's wrong with you? Why are you so asleep? Why are you such a sheeple, man? Why don't you agree with us?!

And after much "Grrr!! Look at my incredulity face!!!" because this guy isn't playing along!!, you actually try to support your arguments.

With implications and fabrications and empty theories.

And when that doesn't work, here we go, everyone wait for it.......

"Grr!! You're actually a disinfo agent, man!!! Look at my Undercover Agent's Exposed face!!!"

Massive. Eye. Roll.

Keep on fightin' the man and thinking so far outside the box, dude. Keep on being so different and awake.. America's counting on you

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP

The argument of how effective TSA is isn't the same argument as how they're all Big Brother on us and taking away our freedoms.

It's a rather....well, large...distinction, but I trust you see it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

That is pure hyperbole. You have no legitimate argument at all, you just want everyone to do what they're told and shut up about it. What a waste.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

That is pure hyperbole. You have no legitimate argument at all, you just want everyone to do what they're told and shut up about it. What a waste.

"Grr!! Look at my How Dare You Call a Spade a Spade face!"

Way to show it's all "hyperbole" by using a cliche to do it

Yessir....just follow zeeze orders!! Too funny, man.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Are you working right now? I mean getting paid to do this?

Seriously, can you be any more cliche? Do all of you "truthers" have some script you follow to show how remarkably independent and forward-thinking you all are? Please tell me more about this radical breaking away from the masses and propaganda you've done. Please tell me more about how you Get It because your theories and rationals are so utterly predictable you've made yourself a walking caricature.

You thought you'd pop in here and spout off how it's all Doom and Gloom and the Man is trying to take over, man! You thought you'd get a bunch of stars for being so different!

And then a glitch happened. I popped up and said, "Uh, it really ain't all that bad, guys".

And oh boy!! Let me tell you, the heads started a-rollin. What? You want facts? You want reason? You want logic?

We don't do those things around here, man. What's wrong with you? Why are you so asleep? Why are you such a sheeple, man? Why don't you agree with us?!

And after much "Grrr!! Look at my incredulity face!!!" because this guy isn't playing along!!, you actually try to support your arguments.

With implications and fabrications and empty theories.

And when that doesn't work, here we go, everyone wait for it.......

"Grr!! You're actually a disinfo agent, man!!! Look at my Undercover Agent's Exposed face!!!"

Massive. Eye. Roll.

Keep on fightin' the man and thinking so far outside the box, dude. Keep on being so different and awake.. America's counting on you

Yeah I actually don't understand how without being paid you come on here and spend hours defending the TSA and telling everyone that there is nothing going on. That there is no encroachment on our freedoms. Like we are all some kind of morons who can't read the news day in and out and not see it slapping us across the face.

Hell we must all be stupid or something.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I don't even know what that means. I think you may in fact be unstable mentally. I can only hope you figure things out on your own, but I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I don't even know what that means. I think you may in fact be unstable mentally. I can only hope you figure things out on your own, but I doubt it.

It means your every criticism of me inadvertently proves the point I was making in making fun of you all.

See, I was making fun of how cliche and predictable your replies are (not you personally, but truthers in general). And your reply to THAT was to accuse me of just wanting people to fall in line and follow orders. Which was exactly the cliche I was making fun of in the first place.

Do you...are you following me here, or is this really that difficult?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Yeah I actually don't understand how without being paid you come on here and spend hours defending the TSA and telling everyone that there is nothing going on. That there is no encroachment on our freedoms. Like we are all some kind of morons who can't read the news day in and out and not see it slapping us across the face.

I know you don't understand it. Because it's so far out, man, someone spending hours actually disagreeing with you and all. Hell, that must mean he's one of them! That must be it!

Because it's perfectly normal for you to spend hours arguing with me, but not me arguing with you. I mean, it's self-evident that YOU'RE right, so I must be getting paid for it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I understand your point, but you don't seem to care about others you deem to be "truthers". See, most people with that label pay attention and care when things get a little out of control. Others will be the type to just follow the leader, and spit off talking points like some news anchor bobblehead.

With regard to the TSA however, all the failures it is responsible for bring in to question the validity of the operation. Freedoms ARE being eroded in the name of the "War on Terror" and that is a fact. The TSA is not the answer to the problem. I'm almost positive that the majority of people in the USA would rather be treated with dignity, than to be assumed a criminal. It just goes against what most people believe this country to be founded upon. I'm no "truther", but I would consider myself some sort of patriot when it comes to the ideals this country was founded upon.

I see you are only a member here for a week. Your tone and disposition would move most people that frequent this forum to believe that you are a paid agent, and yes, they do exist.
edit on 22-3-2012 by BlesUTP because: clarity

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I know you don't understand it. Because it's so far out, man, someone spending hours actually disagreeing with you and all. Hell, that must mean he's one of them! That must be it!

Because it's perfectly normal for you to spend hours arguing with me, but not me arguing with you. I mean, it's self-evident that YOU'RE right, so I must be getting paid for it.

Yeah I care about our freedoms why do you care about the TSA? Cause you're scared of terrorist and couldn't give a rats ass about rights?

You are after all defending all this with the TSA. You have no criticism of them?

Yeah it makes me wonder ...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ComeFindMe
reply to post by MegaMind

So just to clarify, you would happily - and willingly - board a commercial, passenger flight that offered no security checks whatsoever?

Kind of like how you will, happily and willingly, walk into a Walgreens, or Target, or Asda, that offers no security checks whatsoever. Again, this goes back to the fundamental argument for freedom. While it does involve risk, from what I've read it's totally worth it

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I understand your point, but you don't seem to care about others you deem to be "truthers". See, most people with that label pay attention and care when things get a little out of control. Others will be the type to just follow the leader, and spit off talking points like some news anchor bobblehead.

See what you just did there? You rather obviously poisoned the well (look it up if you aren't familiar with that term) on who out of these two groups is "right". Truthers care, others are just "sheep". The very cliche I was pointing out.

But that's not my real problem with that statement. "Truthers", who supposedly care so much about the truth, ignore a remarkable amount of facts and reasoning just to support their so-called theories that--you guessed it--have very little fact and reasoning to support them! It's like a serial killer who labels himself "humane" because he's only doing it to put people out of misery. It makes no sense because its very foundation is ill-constructed.

With regard to the TSA however, all the failures it is responsible for bring in to question the validity of the operation. Freedoms ARE being eroded in the name of the "War on Terror" and that is a fact. The TSA is not the answer to the problem. I'm almost positive that the majority of people in the USA would rather be treated with dignity, than to be assumed a criminal. It just goes against what most people believe this country to be founded upon. I'm no "truther", but I would consider myself some sort of patriot when it comes to the ideals this country was founded upon.

I disagree. I travel quite frequently, and in all of my travels I've seen exactly ONE person make a stink over being searched. The majority of us have our belts and shoes off before we even get up to security and just want to get through so we can grab a cup of joe and be on our way.

But what you say here is exactly why I say we, as Americans, are spoiled and entitled. Do you want to know why I'm not all indignant about "being treated like a criminal"?

Because I don't take it so personally. I don't look at the TSA agent asking me to step through a scanner and think "My God, this person has a vendetta against me. My own country thinks I'm going to blow up a plane. How. Dare. They."

No sir. See, I use my head instead of my ego. I understand that no one's really out to get me and the illusion that I'm being "treated like a criminal" is a process that's for the common good.

I see you are only a member here for a week. Your tone and disposition would move most people that frequent this forum to believe that you are a paid agent, and yes, they do exist.

I don't give a hoot what people might think because of my tone or disposition. People will think whatever is convenient for them to think, which in the majority of cases means whatever will wind up supporting their own crackpot theories. That's why it's a cliche to be called a disinfo agent--isn't it convenient that an opposing voice is not only dispelled but used as more "evidence" that they're right.

That is a very unsophisticated fallacy in logic, and sadly quite prevalent here. And finally, please don't assume the age of my profile means I have not lurked in the forums before.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join