It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many people have an issue with the TSA?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

So just to clarify, you would happily - and willingly - board a commercial, passenger flight that offered no security checks whatsoever?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

It's called invasion of privacy, most of us Americans have a problem with that, mixed with some stupidity. Does this mean that you agree with the pat down of physically challenged 3 year old boy in a wheel chair?

I mean really, they're putting the onus on the wrong people I don't think your 95 year old Great Aunt Fanny or 3 year old Jimmy is going to have box-cutters, guns, knives, or explosive materials on their person or carry-on luggage or any luggage for that matter. Nor do I think they're capable of taking over an airplane filled with able bodied people.

What may be good for the goose is not always good for the gander.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ComeFindMe

So just to clarify, you would happily - and willingly - board a commercial, passenger flight that offered no security checks whatsoever?

Short answer: YES

Just because a flight may be "non-secure" doesn't mean that all aboard are destined to die in a terrorist attack. Air travel was safe for several decades without these intrusive TSA goons, and I would absolutely love to see us return to those roots.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

YES. I would. I bet so would most people. THe sniveling cowards, like YOU, can PAY EXTRA to get groped and xrayed, so it makes you feel "safe".

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

You bet!!

Worked great for 60 years.

We need two forms of air travel one for real freedom loving Americans and one for sissies that need to be fondled to feel safe.

edit on 22-3-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Matter of fact, I am in a foreign country right now. I can get on a plane to the US anytime, without groping or x rays. It then flies into the US. So can anyone else.

ONCE I GET THERE, and there is no more possibility of me highjacking the plane, THEN I will be groped and x rayed. Good plan.

The stupidity displayed here is mind boggling. This is how they institute police states.

What's the worst that could happen? You could die? Everyone dies, eventually.

There are fates far worse than death. Like, a lifetime of slavery.

All you cowards would rather be slaves than die. This has always been the way of the world, this is what lets the scumbags take over and enslave you.

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees. Obviously, most of you dingbats would rather live on your knees. Enjoy your slavery.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Americans have had it good for so long.As a kid growing up in Belfast I got checked/patted down when going into shops and certain areas were barricaded off and had to go through revolving metal doors then get patted down.My Dad first coming to Canada stood with his arms up ready to get patted down when entering a mall and the guy at the door looked at him strange, my Dad was so conditioned.It has all changed now.Everything is considered a privilege and who determined that these are a privileges people who want to control.Whats next that is going to be considered a privilege,this list will get bigger.On the back of my drivers license it says must be returned upon request.Image having to get a license to ride a horse, it is all control until you follow like sheep and not question anything.It is funny that is all things that people need to get around and do business and almost can't do without and they know it.It is like gas they have all by the short and curly's.So TSA is going to be a long line of things that is going to reduce freedom.The old frog in the pot with boiling water deal

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
All that is needed is metal detectors and bomb sniffing dogs. That's how they do it in Israel which is more of a target for terrorism than the US.

So go figure. If the body scanners were more effective then Israel would be using them. FOR SURE.

But since they aren't. We can conclude they are not more effective. In fact there are many stories on the internet about Israels airline security system. These are people that get missiles shot at their country on a weekly/daily basis. They KNOW security. And they don't have issues with airlines getting hijacked or bombed.

The reason they don't use dogs is because it offends Muslims. Israel doesn't care if they offend Muslims and neither should we. So what happens when someone hides a bomb in their rolls of fat. An obese person could easily do that and the body scanners wouldn't detect it.

If bomb sniffing dogs are good for the NYC subway system then they are good for the airports. Case closed.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
reply to post by kyred

So walk throught the body scanner, if you feel strangers are going to "fondle you"

So I assume you are fine with people walking onto planes without being checked then?

Cheers

No thanks, I'll do neither, and I deeply resent that a fellow sheeple canadian would think they have any say in the matter as to what sort of police state/tyranny rules I have to submit to. I will always resist things like this. I enjoy liberty and freedom and idiots such as yourself are fine with TPTB robbing them away. You are foolish the odds of the plane crashing due to mechanical failure are substantially greater than the odds of a person dying from a terrorist attack.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
9 out of 10 people complaining about their rights in this thread still choose to fly.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Wow, perhaps you all ought to get together and set up your own airline.

The reason it used to work so well is because the world has changed since then. Whether you choose to accept this fact or not is up to you.

If you are willing to ignore that, to ignore that TSA checks have been deemed lawful, to base your opinion on the extreme minority of negative experiences, then I wish you good luck. You will need it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by mugger

Your Constitutional Right do not apply to a contract where you waived your rights to unreasonable search. You do this when you accept the Contract of Carriage of an airline, and purchase their tickets.

Constitutional rights do apply when a government agent insinuates himself into that contract. That's what the Constitution is about - a contract between the people and the government. It's a separate contract from the Contract of Carriage, and no less enforceable. If airlines (and bus terminals, and train stations, and all the other places TSA is attempting to insinuate itself) want to stand on their own contract, they need to employ their own security. When the government gets involved, the Constitution comes into play.

Government agents have to abide by the contracts their employers have made, the same as airline employees do.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by mugger

Your Constitutional Right do not apply to a contract where you waived your rights to unreasonable search. You do this when you accept the Contract of Carriage of an airline, and purchase their tickets.

Constitutional rights do apply when a government agent insinuates himself into that contract. That's what the Constitution is about - a contract between the people and the government. It's a separate contract from the Contract of Carriage, and no less enforceable. If airlines (and bus terminals, and train stations, and all the other places TSA is attempting to insinuate itself) want to stand on their own contract, they need to employ their own security. When the government gets involved, the Constitution comes into play.

Government agents have to abide by the contracts their employers have made, the same as airline employees do.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Konduit

Those who say flying is a 'privilege', not a right, it's called entrapment. You practically have no choice. You need to fly, we all do, and they know this and we are forced to subjugate ourselves to slave training.

Flying is not a right, nor do "we all have to do it". It's just a matter of how strong your convictions are, and how far you will go to stand your ground.

As an example, I was summoned to a court 500 or 600 miles from here. I contacted them, told them that was too far to walk, and they could just issue a bench warrant for me and have me arrested if they felt a need to.

"Come and get me". They appear to have declined.

I have no "right to fly", and as a matter of fact I don't have to fly at all.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Absof&*inglutely, i'd be more suspicious of the quiet american sitting over there

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
First off, im Canadian, so perhaps I have a different mindset on the issue.

'Nuff said.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
9 out of 10 people complaining about their rights in this thread still choose to fly.

Kinda don't have a choice if you have to fly, eh? I don't think 9 out of 10 people can afford a private jet, either.

I haven't flown since before TSA was formed, and I'm not going to. I drive where I need to go.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
All you "flying is not a right" people will have to extend your arguments as the TSA pat down extend to sporting events, concerts, driving on the highway, going to the grocery store, going to the mall.

So unless you "own" all these things yourself someone else surely does - therefore you have no "rights" when you decide to go there. By going you are "giving up your rights". Its like some kind of Bill of Rights loop hole.

Lovely - won't it be so much fun!! Getting felt up everywhere you go.

You say no it will never happen - really? what about the prom?

Judge orders TSA supervised pat downs at prom ...
note: click link at bottom to view

malls?

highways?

Terrorist are everywhere and they look like you and me. They want us dead because we have freedoms ...

GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR @SS PEOPLE!!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Kinda don't have a choice if you have to fly, eh? I don't think 9 out of 10 people can afford a private jet, either.

I haven't flown since before TSA was formed, and I'm not going to. I drive where I need to go.

But you just proved (or rather, disproved) your own point.

No one "has" to fly. Choices, my friend. We always have choices. When people tell you otherwise, what they're really saying is that they aren't willing to deal with the consequences of a particular choice, thus they "have to" make another one.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by camus154

Many people who have to travel for a living have to fly if they want to keep working. Oh but I guess they should just quit their jobs if they don't like the TSA. After all they do have a choice don't they ...

Again its coming everywhere ...

Doesn't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside ...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join