It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many people have an issue with the TSA?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
reply to post by camus154

Many people who have to travel for a living have to fly if they want to keep working. Oh but I guess they should just quit their jobs if they don't like the TSA. After all they do have a choice don't they ...

Precisely. It's still a choice. Just because it might be a hard one doesn't make it any less of a choice.

A lot of employers require a drug test in order to get hired. In fact, most now do. You could use this same argument and say that it's unfair people have to submit to testing in order to simply work, but that's their choice.

Now, I want to address the cases you linked previously:

1. The Prom. TSA was NOT at the prom and was NOT patting anyone down there. What really happened was the school district had contracted with an outside security agency to provide security screening, and a judge ruled the screening had to be supervised by TSA-approved people. This later changed to local POLICE because TSA cannot serve in this role.

2. The Mall. You posted a local news clip that discussed likely "soft" targets for terrorists in the future. Again, NO TSA presence whatsoever.

3. The highway. TSA agents coordinated with local authorities that already searched TRUCKS at checkpoints, they were not searching or screening anyone, and instead they were actually asking for folks to help by simply being vigilant.

So. Out of all three of the examples you posted, only one of them even involves the TSA, and in that case, they were NOT searching truck drivers at all.

edit on 22-3-2012 by camus154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

I can not speak for everyone but I can say why I am against them. You being Canadian you may have different laws and "rights" I am not sure of them. However in America we have been free for more than 200 years. We have a bill of rights that protects us from searches and seizure. Here is a video example of WHY I hate the TSA.....www.youtube.com...

In America this is unacceptable... We do not sacrifice Freedom for the illusion of safety!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Matter of fact, I am in a foreign country right now. I can get on a plane to the US anytime, without groping or x rays. It then flies into the US. So can anyone else.

ONCE I GET THERE, and there is no more possibility of me highjacking the plane, THEN I will be groped and x rayed. Good plan.

The stupidity displayed here is mind boggling. This is how they institute police states.

What's the worst that could happen? You could die? Everyone dies, eventually.

There are fates far worse than death. Like, a lifetime of slavery.

All you cowards would rather be slaves than die. This has always been the way of the world, this is what lets the scumbags take over and enslave you.

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees. Obviously, most of you dingbats would rather live on your knees. Enjoy your slavery.

Wow. Solid post man.

Anyways, I believe the universal procedure for a terrorist attack before 9/11 was to just sit on the plane and stay quiet while negotiations are in progress. After 9/11 im sure that nobody would hesitate to rock some terrorists # if they tried to take over a plane. It's almost as if the TSA was needed even LESS after 9/11.

My mother got in a near-fatal car accident and almost lost her arm. The skin on her hand is so swollen and inflamed it looks like a cast when wrapped up...TSA hounded her until she exposed her hand...they werent convinced it was actually her skin. My mother was so embarrassed because she is so sensitive about her condition. It was tough to watch. This is just one minuscule TSA stories coupled with thousands of others (per day most likely.)

I know some people say they are 'molesters' etc. But honestly the staff is just incompetent and rude. Aside from the constitution or some NWO scheme, the TSA is still a poorly managed worthless organization, as are most publicly funded ones. Anyone who thinks TSA protects us has no idea what they are talking about.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

First the TSA wasn't at the prom simply because there wasn't enough time for them to get there and "supervise" the pat downs, but a judge ordered the TSA there at any rate. What part of TSA stands for prom?

Second that news clip was implying that TSA type security should or could be at malls.

Third TSA was on the highways at truck weigh stations - just involved trucks - for now.

Just give it time either the TSA or something like them will be at malls - stadiums - highways - etc.

Go on making excuses for them and burying your head in the sand ...

Its just for our protection and safety cause so many terrorist want to kill us all. You know cause we have so many freedoms

edit on 22-3-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayflower1987
Here is a video example of WHY I hate the TSA.....www.youtube.com...

In America this is unacceptable... We do not sacrifice Freedom for the illusion of safety!

Oh come on. You know what this is a video of? A self-righteous father whose indignation got the better of him.

I'll tell you exactly what's going on here. We all know we must be screened going through TSA. We also know there are random searches as well. But because this is a kid, and because he's in a wheelchair, suddenly he becomes the poster child for everything that's wrong with America. Suddenly he's the exception, and OH MY GOD, why don't people know that this kid's the exception? And OH MY GOD, look at what we've become!

Get over it. The kid's fine, provided he survives the doubtless entitlement-mentality his idiotic parents will no doubt instill in him.

These are the types of people who sue because they can.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

After some terrorist smuggles a bomb in his rectum will you submit to rectal exams for our safety?

I don't know you from adam, and I don't trust someone so paranoid ...

You do realize that with the current screening process a bomb smuggled in a rectum will not get detected.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

First the TSA wasn't at the prom simply because there wasn't enough time for them to get there and "supervise" the pat downs.

Not what I read but what you heard....from the local news. But regardless, they weren't there and you're missing the point. The TSA didn't just bust into the school system saying it had to be there. In other words, the scary big government wasn't trying to rape anyone of their rights. The school system itself wanted to screen for security and a judge wanted that screening to be supervised. The horror!

Second that news clip was implying that TSA type security should or could be at malls.

Yeah, no #. "Implying" that it "could" or "should" happen. The local news doing the implying.

If I imply that TSA should be in malls, are you going to start spreading the word that the TSA is taking over malls now?

Third TSA was on the highways at truck weigh stations - just involved trucks - for now.

And...so what? Again, no searches. No screenings. They were passing out info and asking people to be vigilant. Again, the horror!!

Sorry, you can keep telling me that all of this is some "proof" that "something" "may" happen "sometime in the future", but smart guys like me call that forecasting and a slippery slope argument.

I'll worry about all these horrors when, you know, they actually happen. Not because people like you keep telling me "oh they will some day!".

As a side note, I find it more than a little ironic that for someone who's so distrustful of the environment around him, he takes the LOCAL NEWS as an authority

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
read this article...
it relates on how sociopaths are recently attracted to government... and agencies like the TSA
sorta like the all voluntary Gestappo members in nazi germany...or even potential neighbors of yours that use the community watch venue to impose their wills on your home/property...

because 'they' can ~ & enjoy tormenting your life

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

...Conditions for them in the US are becoming quite favorable.
Have you ever wondered where the 50,000 people employed by the TSA to inspect and degrade you came from? Most of them are middle-aged. Did they have jobs before they started doing something that any normal person would consider demeaning?
Most did, but they were attracted to – not repelled by – a job where they wear a costume and abuse their fellow citizens all day.

Few of them can imagine that they're shepherding in a police state as they play their roles in security theater.[...]

A Must Read Article from the casey research org.
edit on 22-3-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

Sorry, you can keep telling me that all of this is some "proof" that "something" "may" happen "sometime in the future", but smart guys like me call that forecasting and a slippery slope argument.

I'll worry about all these horrors when, you know, they actually happen. Not because people like you keep telling me "oh they will some day!".

If I told you 12 years ago little boys in wheel chairs would receive pat downs at airports you would have said I was a tin-foil-hat-wearing-fruitcake.

But yeah no slippery slope here. Your right, stuff like this never progresses into full on tyranny. Never happened before. I feel so much better now.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

If I told you 12 years ago little boys in wheel chairs would receive pat downs at airports you would have said I was a tin-foil-hat-wearing-fruitcake.

But yeah no slippery slope here. Your right, stuff like this never progresses into full on tyranny. Never happened before. I feel so much better now.

And if I told you 12 years ago that people would fly our own planes into the WTC and the Pentagon, you would have told me I was crazy.

See, I can do that too

But in any case, it's still a slippery slope. If the worst we have to worry about is poor little Timmy whining because his wheelchair got searched, I think we'll be ok.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

As a side note, I find it more than a little ironic that for someone who's so distrustful of the environment around him, he takes the LOCAL NEWS as an authority

Oh the irony ...

Who's distrustful? You worried about the mommy with the little girl getting on the plane? Maybe your worried about that little boy in the wheel chair?

Is everyone out to get you?

BTW governments have killed over 100 million of their own citizens in the last century ... how many have terrorist killed?

I'll keep my distrust of governments and not worry too much about the "terrorist"

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
TSA is also notorious for stealing #.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

even easier...put a lock on the cockpit door.....DUH.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

And if I told you 12 years ago that people would fly our own planes into the WTC and the Pentagon, you would have told me I was crazy.

See, I can do that too

But in any case, it's still a slippery slope. If the worst we have to worry about is poor little Timmy whining because his wheelchair got searched, I think we'll be ok.

^^ Yeah false flag attacks really do work ...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just the question in the headline nearly made me throw up.

If you have to ask that question you are simply not seeing the full picture or where this is headed. Next they will want to go up your bum because some fbi led "terrorist" stores a bomb up there.

Then we will see an OP, well whats wrong with that I feel safe.

Please just go back to sleep or keep your opinion to yourself. People like you throw wrenches into well meaning movements.

Wanna know why people hate the TSA? First learn history, learn how elites bend peoples will with indoctrination and propaganda, learn how it is done by incrementation. Just look at THE BIG PICTURE.

Freedom of speech is cool and all but man do I hate freedom of ignorance.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Oh the irony ...

Who's distrustful? You worried about the mommy with the little girl getting on the plane? Maybe your worried about that little boy in the wheel chair?

I'm not worried in the slightest. See, TSA doesn't bother me. I don't have kittens just because someone pats me down for 20 seconds. I also don't take for granted all of the thousands of things I, as an American, enjoy each and every day.

In other words, I have a perspective that doesn't revolve around paranoia and entitlement.

Now, why is it whenever anyone ever bitches about TSA, they always bring up the obviously ludicrous examples? The poor crippled kids, the little old ladies....They never mention the 20 year old men, the (gasp!) people dressed in Arab garb...you know, who WE think should be searched.

I'll tell you why. Because it's easier to make their point that way. It's a weak argument. Because, of course, the only way to be fair in these searches is to search indiscriminately.

But boy, we sure don't like that, do we? Not when it means someone's implying our little boy here might be strapping on a bomb! That kind of stuff makes us all "grrr! look at my indignation behind this cell phone!".

Eye. Roll.

BTW governments have killed over 100 million of their own citizens in the last century ... how many have terrorist killed?

Lol. We're not talking about "governments", we're talking about America.

So. How many US citizens has America killed?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Lol. We're not talking about "governments", we're talking about America.

So. How many US citizens has America killed?

The US government is a government in case you haven't noticed. Governments tend to increase their control and power over its citizens and in many cases kill them...

So let's see how many US citizens (notice you didn't just say people
wonder why?) has the US government killed?

Hmmmm .....

I'd say some elements of the US Government have killed at least 3000 of its citizens to get this whole ball rolling ...

But I'm sure you're down with the official story aren't you?

Oh and what about Fast and Furious gun smuggling how many citizens died from those smuggled guns ...

Oh BTW, you never answered my question ...

After some (ahem) terrorist smuggles a bomb in his rectum will you submit to rectal exams for our safety?

You do realize that with the current screening process a bomb smuggled in a rectum will not get detected.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
lol

screw TSA and the aviation industry i'll just travel using my Hoverbike

tsa can so not kiss my posterior.

if enough people start doing this,[taking matters into their own hands, that is] and start making a dent in the airlines profits, said airlines will have to start investing in their own less offensive security systems instead of conveniently opting for the government freebie.

vigilance will be required, however, as the path of least resistance will be to lobby such devices out of existence.

also with the advances in 3d printing we will probably be able to print them out soon
after downloading a full set of plans from TPB

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The US government is a government in case you haven't noticed. Governments tend to increase their control and power over its citizens and in many cases kill them...

So let's see how many US citizens (notice you didn't just say people
wonder why?) has the US government killed?

Hmmmm .....

I'd say some elements of the US Government have killed at least 3000 people to get this whole ball rolling ...

But I'm sure you're down with the official story aren't you?

Dude, this discussion is about America. I don't give a # about other governments. And just like my rebuttal to your videos that "implied" TSA was taking over the whole country, I'm not going to allow you to "imply" that America is doing the same thing because, "the US government is a government too, man!"

And I said "US citizens" because I want to make it clear I'm not talking about Zimbabwe. But of course you're going to read into that because that's what people like you do when you don't have any actual facts to discuss.

So. We're discussing America and you can't come up with anything about America killing its own citizens, other than the spectacularly predictable and spectacularly cliche 9/11 truther bull#....so, argument dismissed.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Oh BTW, you never answered my question ...

After some (ahem) terrorist smuggles a bomb in his rectum will you submit to rectal exams for our safety?

oh why should he and the OP care?
they will get a free pass on the anal probing

as it will be sooooo obvious that they can't be smuggling a bomb in their rectum

what with their heads firmly wedged up them

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join