It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Public Alien Contact will be thru the web

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Imagine that one day you turn on your phone, your ipad, or your computer and suddenly you see at the first screen an amazing designed page with never seen graphics that tell you everything about an inteligent civilization. Everything like where they come, who they are, how they are, etc, etc.

For a civilization that is advanced 500 or more years it could be too easy to upload something like a virus in every phone, computer or ipad in the world.

By doing this they could change your OS in seconds with the information they want, a civilization so advanced could install in every device that is connected to the internet a very advanced OS to show information about them or also contact them directly.

If I was an alien race that I would like to make public contact to all the people in the world I would choose this method because it is the fastest, safest, and this contact will prepare everyone in the world for a direct contact.

What do you think about this? I bet that a few people have think of this.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lke123

It would be just like the War of the Worlds radio broadcast in the '30s. . .

Besides which skeptics would still say not true.

And everyone would be upset at their OS being wiped out. Think about it- all your documents would potently be no longer accessible.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm gonna call fake ahead of time.

FAKE! CGI!!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lke123
Imagine that one day you turn on your phone, your ipad, or your computer and suddenly you see at the first screen an amazing designed page with never seen graphics that tell you everything about an inteligent civilization. Everything like where they come, who they are, how they are, etc, etc.

For a civilization that is advanced 500 or more years it could be too easy to upload something like a virus in every phone, computer or ipad in the world.

By doing this they could change your OS in seconds with the information they want, a civilization so advanced could install in every device that is connected to the internet a very advanced OS to show information about them or also contact them directly.

If I was an alien race that I would like to make public contact to all the people in the world I would choose this method because it is the fastest, safest, and this contact will prepare everyone in the world for a direct contact.

What do you think about this? I bet that a few people have think of this.

A simple takeover such as you describe would not work 'cause it's possible now and similar thoughts have been announced such as the FBI doing it as a test, etc. No one would believe at first that it had anything to do with aliens, it would be Big Brother exposing itself.

To do it properly, a simple flyover every city on the planet would be effective. A show of strength will reduce is all that is needed. If it happens we will all be reduced to shaking in our boots!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
if they were that advanced why would they go through our own technology , surely they would have something more advanced it would be the euvilent of me getting on a horse and riding for days to deliver a message 500 years ago. plus im guessing it would also be like using morse code but centuries older. how many people could use morse code now a days if you dont work in the military. nice idea though would be pretty cool

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lke123

There was an episode of southpark where cartman was teleported far into the future after he was frozen. They had superior technology there and all cartman wanted to do was play the wii. They found him the wii but there technology was so far beyond his they couldn't hook up the wii, it just was incompatible.

This makes sense and would probably happen if the aliens should try to take over our internet. They could take a class on earth based web design, but why do that when they could just show up in their mothership demanding to see our leader.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
No one would believe it. They would think that their precious gadgets had gone haywire and there would be masses of people lined up at Best Buy hoping the Geek Squad could combat the "alien virus".

I think alien contact would have to happen globally, with each individual being able to participate for people to finally believe. If they see it on TV or their mobile device it would cause most of them to say the same thing AwakeinNM said in an earlier post.

Or they may just tap into our minds before they worry about our Ipads!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Under the terms of net neutrality, such an action would be considered an act of war. The idea of having all the worlds computers hacked is more akin to something from the 'Terminator' movie series.

Briefly interfering with all the tv and radio broadcast signals will upset a few advertisers, but not as detrimental if such a public announcement was to be made. Ideally they would want to establish some sort of treaty with the UN first, but considering the lack of official acknowledgement on this issue is hard to gauge the actual situation.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
aww hell.....

Well that's pretty damn disappointing..... I was hoping for a big ole ship to block out the sun and all that jazz...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
That´s just nasty, you don´t mess around with another persons OS.
Have they no decency?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Then there's the half of ATS that would think it's a new game to decode......

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I'm gonna call fake ahead of time.

FAKE! CGI!!

Joke or not, you'd be correct for doing so

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lke123

Yeah since it's on the internet everyone will believe that right? Just like people are believing your thread right now.

link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Believe me people knows when something is from this world or from other one.

Imagine that you are using a computer with DOS and suddenly you turn it on and have windows version 100 installed in your computer without doing anything.

Or think like having installed windows 3.1 and suddenly having installed Windows 8 working perfectly in your same computer.

The same from a phone or any technology machine.

They could install a very advanced OS with AI in every tech machine without removing your information, that way people will keep their info and know more about them.

Also they could send information to all tv stations and radio stations in the world explaining everything about them.

There is no way people could think that is a joke from someone they will understand right away that an advanced civilization is here.

An iphone, an ipad, or any machine with artificial inteligence installed would know how to explain to different people about a new civilization.

link   
reply to post by lke123

Most people would think, I've been hacked (or my server has) or that another LOLZ joke is being played upon them.

Then again, with my luck, I would be watching "Falling Skies" and not even think a thing about it, thinking it was part of the show.

As Ross Perot once said (I think it was him anyways, maybe it was a SNL skit). "If I cannot touch it, taste it, and pass it through my lower intestine, I won't believe it."

I wonder if aliens are tasty?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
They would blame it on a hacking by anonymous.

I still say a big old mothership landing on the white house lawn would do the trick......

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
No, no. They would announce themselves by starting a thread here at ATS.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I used to frequent a Detroit based forum years ago. Basic forum like this with no instant messaging at all.

One day I was in a heated political discussion with someone on the forum and up pops an instant message that simply said, "Look at them. They have absolutely no idea at all that we control them"

That was the freakiest thing I have ever experienced on the net by far.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I'm usually quite very exceptionally verbose to the point of ludicrous when it comes to hacking out detailed answers full of pretty much every little point I might think of regarding a subject.

This one; no disrespect, but, Nope. Methinks no happen.

I suggest spending a few years at university, getting up to at least freshman level psychology, sociology, history, philosophy, and logic.

You then might see the error in this idea.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
reply to post by lke123

And everyone would be upset at their OS being wiped out. Think about it- all your documents would potently be no longer accessible.

Aliens are trying to make direct contact with you and you are concerned about documents?

They can probably recover your quaint little OS and its oh-so-important files once they've finished telling you how your species came to be...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join