It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Mass Object In-Coming?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Planetesimals within the region which would become the asteroid belt were too strongly perturbed by Jupiter's gravity to form a planet. Instead they continued to orbit the Sun as before, while occasionally colliding.[26] In regions where the average velocity of the collisions was too high, the shattering of planetesimals tended to dominate over accretion,[27] preventing the formation of planet-sized bodies. Orbital resonances occurred where the orbital period of an object in the belt formed an integer fraction of the orbital period of Jupiter, perturbing the object into a different orbit; the region lying between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter contains many such orbital resonances. As Jupiter migrated inward following its formation, these resonances would have swept across the asteroid belt, dynamically exciting the region's population and increasing their velocities relative to each other.[

The formation of the Asteroid belt is pretty much understood.

en.wikipedia.org...

Its not were scared to contemplate it, we have contemplated it and we believe along with mainstream science that it doesn't exist.

You still havent answered why if this will cause such devastation when it passes why did we evolve, how could we have with the amount of times this supposed object should have passed us.

Any good theory has "why" question in it, or "what if" questions.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
What gives this a little more edge....over the other 1000 claims is, this dude predicted today's earthquake.

I don't see any USGS boys coming up with a formula.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, dude.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianOrion

Even if an object were approaching from directly below the Earth it would still be visible to the entire Southern Hemisphere. Here's an example to show this. Take a ball and look at it straight on from the bottom. Now notice that even though you're looking at it straight on from the bottom you can still see more or less half of the ball. Now imagine the ball is populated by tiny people. Everyone you would be able to see from your perspective would also be able to see you.

As for the Sumerians, they never portrayed such an object. The claim that they did comes from Sitchin's interpretation of Cylinder Seal VA243. However, this does not depict the solar system. It merely depicts stars in the sky. We know this because the Sumerians depicted stars and planets using different symbols.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

The mass contained in the entire asteroid belt is tiny compared to even the mass of the Moon. The asteroid belt formed just like every other object in the solar system. However, due to the large mass of Jupiter it prevented them from forming into a planet.

Would you PLEASE remove yourself from your scientist arm-chair.

Are you kidding me? So we've literally counted all pieces, put it in a computer and figured out it's smaller than the Moon?

And, the asteroid belt was intended to be just the way it is because it never, formed?

Wow! You just make it up as you go along, don't you?

Your credibility is off the chart!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Except he also has a three day buffer period built into his predictions. As I pointed out at the beginning of this thread 6.0+ earthquakes occur, on average, more frequently than one every three days. So all he's doing is simply playing the odds.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154

What gives this a little more edge....over the other 1000 claims is, this dude predicted today's earthquake.

I don't see any USGS boys coming up with a formula.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, dude.

How irrelevant to this conversation.

No one....I mean NO one in science, in government, in the Vatican or in Seismology has ever predicted an earthquake to the day.

The broken clock analogy is so completely wrong for this that you're literally annoying!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

jupiter yes was there, i saw it cant miss them jupiter was lower at that moment i got a sight of it then tilted up to get venus thats when i saw,i repeat at the 10 of venus what i saw .brownish dark body looked about the size of venus. i repeat looked like the size. by the way i was double checking position with stellarium as well.
edit on 20-3-2012 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Except he also has a three day buffer period built into his predictions. As I pointed out at the beginning of this thread 6.0+ earthquakes occur, on average, more frequently than one every three days. So all he's doing is simply playing the odds.

We also screw around with time. See: Daylight savings time!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yes since the asteroid belt never formed into a planet

Planetesimals within the region which would become the asteroid belt were too strongly perturbed by Jupiter's gravity to form a planet. Instead they continued to orbit the Sun as before, while occasionally colliding.[26] In regions where the average velocity of the collisions was too high, the shattering of planetesimals tended to dominate over accretion,[27] preventing the formation of planet-sized bodies. Orbital resonances occurred where the orbital period of an object in the belt formed an integer fraction of the orbital period of Jupiter, perturbing the object into a different orbit; the region lying between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter contains many such orbital resonances. As Jupiter migrated inward following its formation, these resonances would have swept across the asteroid belt, dynamically exciting the region's population and increasing their velocities relative to each other.[28

Contrary to popular imagery, the asteroid belt is mostly empty. The asteroids are spread over such a large volume that it would be improbable to reach an asteroid without aiming carefully. Nonetheless, hundreds of thousands of asteroids are currently known, and the total number ranges in the millions or more, depending on the lower size cutoff. Over 200 asteroids are known to be larger than 100 km,[40] while a survey in the infrared wavelengths shows that the asteroid belt has 700,000 to 1.7 million asteroids with a diameter of 1 km or more.[41] The apparent magnitudes of most of the known asteroids are 11–19, with the median at about 16.[42]

The total mass of the asteroid belt is estimated to be 2.8×1021 to 3.2×1021 kilograms, which is just 4% of the mass of the Moon.[2] The four largest objects, Ceres, 4 Vesta, 2 Pallas, and 10 Hygiea, account for half of the belt's total mass, with almost one-third accounted for by Ceres alone

OMG 4% mass of the moon

en.wikipedia.org...

your probably going to completely over look what im saying though so its all good.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The mass contained in the entire asteroid belt is tiny compared to even the mass of the Moon. The asteroid belt formed just like every other object in the solar system. However, due to the large mass of Jupiter it prevented them from forming into a planet.

Would you PLEASE remove yourself from your scientist arm-chair.

Are you kidding me? So we've literally counted all pieces, put it in a computer and figured out it's smaller than the Moon?

And, the asteroid belt was intended to be just the way it is because it never, formed?

Wow! You just make it up as you go along, don't you?

Your credibility is off the chart!

Actually.. Pretty elementary to determine relative masses.. I could find several documentaries about the 'total mass' in the asteroid belt, but in this case I'll just leave it to wiki.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

We evolved?
It's almost being proven we DIDN'T evolve. Rather we were put here. But that's for another thread at another time.

Besides, I didn't say nor was it said that if/when Nibiru swings by it wipes out every living thing.
You're putting your own inflections into this story. Not I!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

We know the mass due to astrophysics. We know the mass of certain objects like Jupiter, Mars etc. With this information we can figure out how much mass would be required for the asteroid belt to orbit the exact way it does.

The reason the asteroid belt formed is quite well understood. I suggest you look up the term accretion disk and also the mechanics that go into planetary formation.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

You're giving me theories. I can give you two theories to your every one theory. And just because your theories are in text books doesn't mean they are anymore plausible than mine.

Case closed.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Heavy Mass Object In-Coming!!

hey thats what i say when my ex wife comes
to town!!

No seriously, the proof just does not support
this. If there was, NASA would know

link   

Really since when was evolution proven to be wrong?

With the whole devastion thing that this suppose object brings, im not going off of what you said, this is what everyone who believes in Nibiru say about it, and if it does indeed exist and pass near us then it would have some influence on us and cause major devesation that would probably spell end to life as we know it.

I see you don't believe in evolution so im just not going to bring that up anymore

link   

If Nibiru existed and it was returning this year why did the Chinese never mention it? They have had a recorded history extending back 4,000 years and they make no mention of a giant planet. Why?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Case is far from closed, please for every theory I have given you please give me two for each,

which will you start with, name my theory and give me two

how does that not make them anymore plausible then your theories. Because im pretty sure if they are accepted by mainstream science then they are pretty plausible.
edit on 20-3-2012 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by quelmarth

The problem with the OP is that this been discussed many times. A quick run down.
1. Nibiru is a fictional planet that has impossible properties
2. Tyche is a proposed planet that never comes closer than over 10000AU

1. Gravity studies preclude any planet sized object with 70AU
2. Whole sky surveys would detect planet sized objects with 320AU

Nothing is moving oddly. If any planet or asteroid were not in its predicted position then amateur and pro astronomers would notice. Objects can be seen. Their gravitational effects can be seen in the movements of known objects.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Well my 'understanding' is it might've been planet Tiamat or Maldek.

I do not trust or even like science. It's as bad as religion. I like quantum physics though but science doesn't embrace it too much. That's why I know they're better!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
All I hear is that he's saying a Heavy Mass object is incoming.

If a heavy mass object was incoming, we would know about it via tides... Trust me. It would cause unprecedented damage.

Trust you?

Oh. Okay.

Class dismissed.

Have you ever seen one of those planetary gravity simulators when a heavy mass object comes a calling in the solar system? Everything goes out of whack. ORBITS.. Go out of whack... Anything able to change our orbit is going to be pretty damn devastating... and WILL be able to change a simple thing such as our tides...

So yes... Trust me. If you want to know if a heavy mass object is close by, look for tide changes first...

No change in Tides, No change in incoming heavy mass objects.
edit on 20-3-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join