It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Mass Object In-Coming?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Human_Alien

If Nibiru existed and it was returning this year why did the Chinese never mention it? They have had a recorded history extending back 4,000 years and they make no mention of a giant planet. Why?

Great question
Never knew that.
Perhaps different dogmas and ideologies?

We as a race residing on this planet can't agree on one thing. Name one thing this entire planet of people agree on!
You can't.
So it's no wonder the future was never agreed on by all cultures.

Best I can come up with.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 11:11

Maybe Earthquakes are heavily influenced by gravitational forces. Maybe there is an earthquake every couple days on Earth due party to the fact as the Earth spins it interacts with the gravity of the sun on different plates around the globe.

Earthquakes are not correlated with any other body than the Moon. Even then the correlation is with only some rare/uncommon low intensity quakes.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
the proof just does not support
this. If there was, NASA would know

Priceless!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Since when has quantum physics not been accepted by science. Even when Planck first discovered Planck's constant it was almost immediately accepted. Besides if quantum physics wasn't the driving force behind all modern science do you really think billions of dollars would have been spent on the LHC?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

But it doesn't have to do with the future. The Chinese existed and were recording events when the last flyby supposedly occurred. The Chinese placed a lot of emphasis on signs from the Heavens. Do you really think they would not have recorded something as monumental as a giant planet in the sky?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
No one....I mean NO one in science, in government, in the Vatican or in Seismology has ever predicted an earthquake to the day.

The broken clock analogy is so completely wrong for this that you're literally annoying!

So what? Even a broken clock is wrong twice a day

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You do know the Mayans didn't include leap year, right? And technically, it's January-February of 2013, according to the Mayan calendar?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

Really since when was evolution proven to be wrong?

Since we're finding skeletons and mummies predating Homo Sapiens ie; Cro-Magnonensis and Neanderthal.

I implore you to read Lloyd Pye Everything You Know Is Wrong

I don't want to discuss this anymore on this thread. Thank for your understanding

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Well that doesn't prove evolution wrong.

Im done.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

*Sigh* No it isn't. While it's true the haab (the Mayan solar calendar) did not contain leap years, the Long Count is something entirely different. The Long Count was merely designed as a count of days. As a result all archaeologists had to do was find events that were recorded by both the Europeans and the Maya. These events were typically astronomical in nature. Once a correlation was made between the Long Count and the Gregorian Calendar all that needed to be done was count days.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avalessa
You do know the Mayans didn't include leap year, right? And technically, it's January-February of 2013, according to the Mayan calendar?

Well George Kavassilas will be happy to hear that seeing he's giving that time-line as to when Earth implodes and becomes the second Sun!!

See my dear adversaries?....I don't believe everything conspiratorial and new-age

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianOrion

Way I see it... if there was an incoming object approaching the earth's general direction from a southerly approach, people would only see it in the South Pole regions to notice it at first...

So if you approach the Earth South pole are you saying that the only thing you can see is the South Pole area? That is what you are saying.

If this is a 'mini solar system' then it's anybody's guess what will happen...

I think the ancient people, like the Sumerian's drew pictures of this very event last time it occurred...

It could well have been what caused a worldwide flood talked about by many cultures...

As I say, it's anybody's guess...

Oh, as for the observatories with powerful enough range to see a possible incoming brown dwarf solar system, ALL of them are observed and findings kept TOP SECRET... apparently

Jupiter does not cause floods. Other planets do not cause floods. Yet here you are suggesting that happens.

You claim that Sumerians drew pictures. Where are they?

Now you claim that every astronomer could keep the lids on reporting something interesting. They report regularly on possible impacts on Earth, exoplanets, solar events, but are not on a new planet sized object close to us.

Right.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

There are 30,000+ quakes a day. There is a 6 or better every day. Are you kidding?

I don't see any USGS boys coming up with a formula.

They're not allowed to lie some the hoaxers you post.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Since when has quantum physics not been accepted by science. Even when Planck first discovered Planck's constant it was almost immediately accepted. Besides if quantum physics wasn't the driving force behind all modern science do you really think billions of dollars would have been spent on the LHC?

Science backs Einstein.
And poor Albert is about to be blown out of the water because E can't equal mc2 in string theory.

Enough of this.
I want to discuss this potential body.

Nothing else please.
I have a headache and I predict another huge earthquake with 48 hours. I feel it. Literally. Unless it's HAARP.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

There are 30,000+ quakes a day. There is a 6 or better every day. Are you kidding?

I don't see any USGS boys coming up with a formula.

They're not allowed to lie some the hoaxers you post.

This was nearly a 8 (7.9)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Are you kidding me? So we've literally counted all pieces, put it in a computer and figured out it's smaller than the Moon?

A course in basic astronomy can help people understand how asteroids are detected and how small the total amount of material is.

Wow! You just make it up as you go along, don't you?

That would be your department.

Your argument is called arguing from ignorance. Expressing an inability to understand how astronomers determine masses is okay. Pretending that your ignorance on the subject is important is not.

The total mass of the asteroids is bounded because it were greater then the extra gravity would cause effects. Since these effects are not detected the asteroid belt is tiny compared to other objects such as the Moon.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Actually it was a 7.4. Now let's once again look at average number of earthquakes for a given year. Generally there are 15 7.0-7.9 earthquakes that occur in a year. We have so far had three which is a little less than par for the course.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

No one....I mean NO one in science, in government, in the Vatican or in Seismology has ever predicted an earthquake to the day.

There you are making a statement that you have no idea if that is true or not.

There are all sorts of clowns making predictions of quakes. This person you think did a great job is not the first bonehead to make such a claim.

The clock statement is in fact right on target. Make enough claims and something is sure to match.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

You're giving me theories. I can give you two theories to your every one theory. And just because your theories are in text books doesn't mean they are anymore plausible than mine.

You use theory to mean any old stupid idea while the term in textbooks means something quite different.

Mixing apples and oranges again ... sigh.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Just browsed the thread and im on the fence with the 2012 thing but if it were true i dont think the Myans would have any clue how economy (more important the economy at the time of 2012) works. they knew the starts and studied the stars hence if anything that is what we should look at for clues or evidence in any "end of time or Planet x" scenerios.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join