It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israel Loves Iran' Initiative takes off......

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by el1jah

Those from Israel who are doing this have my respects and appreciations for taking the initiative for the species and for that they have my LOVE as well. Powerful step taken within the collective it would be nice to see this type of thinking and behavior spread like dominos.

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

My sentiments as well. Well done to the couple, hope other people take notice and start to do the same. I sincerely believe the only way to deal with the evil of this world is to meet it head on in a unified peaceful way (by adopting a character that outwardly and inwardly expresses good values and morality).

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I admire greatly this effort, and the support it has recieved from both sides of the issue. I believe that it is important for people of all nations to respect the land from which they come, and be prepared to defend it against genuine threat, in a responsible and surgical manner. But when war or peace hang on nothing but an international phallus waving contest between two immensely powerful, but intellectually stunted adversaries, the love that should be felt for any human being regardless of thier faith, colour or creed, must conquer over the horn of war. In the event that it does not, the cancer of hatred will stand over the fallen cadaver of freedom and peace, a situation that is all to prevalent at the moment.

If only Britain, America, and Europe could see these things in such a light, then perhaps there would not be so much tension in the world, and more resources could be poured into relieving the suffering of the sick and the needy on this planet, rather than billions of dollars being spent on better ways to cause suffering, death, and destruction.

I can only hope that all human kind learns how to deflect and ignore the propegandism shoved down its throat, from the myriad sources through which it reaches the ear. Perhaps when we learn as a species to ignore the group mind, we will prosper together as one? Perhaps ignoring the group mind is a bad idea, perhaps better to reduce the power it holds over reason. Which ever is best, I certainly hope that we can progress past this tribalism, this unhelpful confrontational period in the life of the human race, and have some love and peace in its place.

I hope for it, but yet I fear that the horrors of war will yet be visited upon the innocent. With campaigns like this though, perhaps there is hope for all of us, all of us psychotic apes with delusions of importance!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I love stories like this because this is proof that not all Israelis and Iranians are evil people like some like to paint them as. Just like not all Americans are blood thirsty imperialists. The fact of the matter is that most countries aren't represented by the people themselves in global decisions but rather by a select few in positions of power with sociopathic leanings.

There are many Non-Zionists and many Non-Islamic terrorists in both countries and finally their voice is heard above the tantrum filled screams of their governments, as with ours, and the radical fundamentalists that push them on (along with capitalists looking to open markets and contracts).

edit on 20-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Love is not a feeling, it's a force - an overwhelming energy.

This movement could very well stop the war by the grace of the Most High.

as corny as it sounds i totally agree.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well, of course.

Very rarely do the PEOPLE of a country wish to run off to war. Sadly, the PEOPLE don't usually get a say. It is the man (or, woman) in power that starts WAR.

I always hope for peace, but I've heard too much crazy talk out of both countries. In my opinion, war is coming - very soon. I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Cool story but.. how does a "movement" with just a thousand people get international attention?

I could make a facebook page about anything and get a thousand likes.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Another "campaign" that goes viral in a day. Of course it was Israel, "The good guys," that started this movement. I'm sorry if I sound pessimistic. I don't want to be, but like everything else these days, I think we'd better be leery of taking this kind of stuff at face value. I hope it is the real thing....I really do.

One thing I find interesting is that when I go to the Israel Loves Iran website, there are many people commenting on the blog who say they are Iranian. I don't know about anyone else, but as much as I'm on the internet, I don't think I've ever run into comments from people from Iran about anything. Are there any ATS members that are Iranian? I wish some of those Iranian people would come over to ATS and join our discussions over here because it would be helpful in assessing this situation if we could see it from their perspective.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

In a world of global, elite-entrenched dogma, the ordinary, average citizens unify through love. Just beautiful. I pray for triumph over tyranny and hate by the arrogant and self-absorbed leaders. Blessings to all.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It is amazing, how a group of people can be so misrepresented and misled by their governments.

I know many Palestinians share the same views with their Israeli "brothers" and "sisters", and Israelis return the love, however, the hate and injustice between the tyrannical and fanatical governments in that situation and both the Iranian/ Israel situation will continue to put the people at odds over something they truly do not feel strongly about.

There is hope in a movement like this, but true hope can only come from dismantling their rulers before it is too late. Otherwise, they are just going to ignore their pleas anyway.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Spontaneous tears fall from me, seeing these posters, and then the reciprocal response, best thing I've seen in a long time!

People don't want war, politicians and countries want it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Underneath all the crazy there is a heck of a lot of sanity still in this world.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Actually, there are many Jewish/Israelis who were born in Iran, and quite a few from the previous generation that speaks Persian fluently.
About half of the Jewish population of Israel born in other Middle Eastern countries (Iraq, Syria, Turkey, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, just to name a few)
'Israelis' in fact are a mix of Jews from Europe/Middle East/Africa and it is very common to see them mixing with each other very interestingly.
There are 1m Muslims living in Israel and enjoying full civil rights, and considered Israeli Muslims.

Just some facts people not usually aware of.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
I havent read every single post BUT.

Let me be the first to postulate.

This is a MOSAD operation geared toward swaying a large part Isreali citizens that are on the line about getting involved in a full on tactical war with Iran. This could cause regional instabilities that would in several ways hamper the ability of the Iranian military to counter outside aggression. AND at the same time help Israel to build a database on all of its citizens who have conflicting and opposite view points with the state of Israel.

Just sayin
edit on 20-3-2012 by Retikx because: (no reason given)

You could be right, but I doubt it. And if this is a ploy, it's going to fail. When the people come together in acts of goodness, not much you can do to stop it, even death.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
How about a message like that aimed at Palestine??

When "Hell" freezes over I guess

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Isn’t it odd?

Once we stop listening to our governments on “Who our enemies are”..

We seem to “run out” of enemies rather quickly

Good news and long overdue too!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I doubt that the posters will halt any decisions by the elite, but still, it creates more awareness.
Good stuff.

The cunning man attacks neither the mind nor the body, he attacks the heart.

And that's what we need to do aswell. The posters touch peoples hearts.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

I couldn't have said it better. Nice. This awareness is only a good thing. We need to do more of this.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is great! Now if only America would keep its fat nose out of other countries and focus on America not policing the world, I think we would see changes. America is provoking other countries just by being there when they have no reason to be there(and if they do the public will never know the real reason). As far as I'm aware, its just the Iran and israel ing hate each other because the leaders tell them too. Government wouldn't be without its people so wake up. Love not hate. Peace not war. How long have we been saying this? How much has been accomplished? Not alot, and if the people had our way there would be no war. We sit and watch them screw us time and time again. It's like giving your paycheck to a gambling addict with terrible luck. We must not buy in to their lies. They will get us to do anything to vote for them.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Of course it was Israel, "The good guys," that started this movement.

but - the Israelis aren't the good guys - and the Iranians aren't the bad guys - this is the real message. You've got two countries full of people that are not going to push the button. They don't have that option - even if they wanted to - which they don't. One option they do have is to speak up and say things governments will never say

Like - I love you and don't want to kill you... :-)

I'm sorry if I sound pessimistic. I don't want to be, but like everything else these days, I think we'd better be leery of taking this kind of stuff at face value. I hope it is the real thing....I really do.

I understand - about the pessimism - believe me. But, don't feel pessimistic about this - you can take it at face value. It is the real thing. It may not impress most people as being very powerful, or having much effect - but it has to start somewhere. Sometimes it really pays to drop our cynicism and embrace things just like this

One thing I find interesting is that when I go to the Israel Loves Iran website, there are many people commenting on the blog who say they are Iranian. I don't know about anyone else, but as much as I'm on the internet, I don't think I've ever run into comments from people from Iran about anything.

There are many Iranians living all over the world that managed to get out of Iran - they have internet access - and I'm sure a constant fear and ache in their hearts about the fate of their homeland - I can see them getting behind this in a big way

in the meantime - the cynic in me wants to dismiss stuff like this as just politics as usual:

President Barack Obama accused Iran on Tuesday of imposing an "electronic curtain" on its citizens and promised new U.S. steps aimed at helping to ease the Iranian people's access to the Internet, as a social media campaign designed to promote peace between ordinary Israelis and Iranians got underway.
worldnews.msnbc.msn.com...

but I'm not gonna :-)
edit on 3/20/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/20/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I bet the Israeli leaders are pissed and banging their heads against their desks lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join