It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Christians get angry.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You know, if you guys just read a bit of history other than what the bible tells you, you will notice a reoccurring pattern in all religions.

Jesus is not a "savior" nor is he a "god, nor the son of god nor anything else mystical or magical.

Why would god send his son, (which is god himself), to earth to die for the sins of man? that logic is flawed.

Its this type of beliefs in these crazy stories that have held back civilizations since the birth of Mesopotamia. If it weren't for people like Plato, Nietzsche, etc we would all still be slaves to a god king.

If God gave us free will, why would be want us to worship a book/Jesus. Didn't he say he was the only true god, and that no other god would be prayed to, and we could not worship any idols.

Isn't by Christians logic Jesus is a god (whether the son of god or not) you guys consider him a god and you are praying to him, also worshiping a idol IE the cross. Didn't Moses when he came down from the mount Sinai destroy the bull that the Jews created IE the idol. same #.

So using christian logic, all of you christian are in fact going to hell.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by morf991

I'm not a christian (anymore) but most of your arguments is not what christianity teaches. The only one you got right is that they think Jesus is God. So yes, they worship him, but they don't see it as worshiping two different gods. They say they are both the same being, but in three different parts: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost. Doesn't make a lot of sense really, especially when their god becomes his own father, then sacrifices himself to himself to serve as a loophole to appease himself because of a rule he made up himself. It's really strange.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You said it took you 60 years to figure it all out, . .

Show me where I said I had to figure it all out.

Hey you know what, my shift ended 15 minutes ago, I'm already in OT this week. Someone else's turn to jump under the microscope to do the PB Jelly Time dance for everyone. I apologize for complimenting you, I was trying to be nice.

edit on 19-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Blah.....never was religious nor was my family. One thing they did teach me was if I was to become religious was not to become fanatical.

You saying that many pre-christian gods arent the same? or are you saying that the idol worship that I said was incorrect?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by morf991
You saying that many pre-christian gods arent the same? or are you saying that the idol worship that I said was incorrect?
I would say that there are similarities in the pre-chrisitan gods, yes.

From what I could tell, you were saying that they were worshiping Jesus as a separate god from the main god. But, in their minds, they are the same being, but in different parts. Their god is three beings in one. The father, the son, and the holy ghost. So, if you worship one, you're worshiping all three. My question is this though, when you're in heaven, and you say, "Hey god..." which one will turn his head?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I apologize for complimenting you, I was trying to be nice.

How? With your tunnel vision you can not see anything beyond your own perspective.

You honestly believe - - just because you call a woman a Strong Woman - - it erases all your other dribble?

1. I don't see a woman who's faith barely had a pulse, I see a woman who is so strong it took the devil 60 years to destroy her faith.

2. The gospel didn't make sense to any of us either at first, but you keep trucking, you keep seeking His face and seeking Him to increase your faith.

3. You're not an unbeliever who finally "figured it all out", you were one of the devil's biggest trophies because of how long it took him to erode the faith you did have inside you.

4. You battled the doubts for 60 years, I've seen some people "get saved" and never return church.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a bunch of Hogwash.

I was born connected to the spirit world. Physical earth's man-made religion/church - - almost destroyed that.

We are talking early 1950s. There was no Internet. The word Metaphysics hadn't even been "coined" yet.

Where could a 5 year old - - who has OBE's and connects to the spirit world go to understand? The only thing available at the time was church. The closes thing a 5 year old (who doesn't know any better) can relate her OBE experiences to is what man tells her God is. But there is NO "soul" in church. Most humans are so worried about themselves and offending God - - - they've Lost their connection to what a soul is.

Man-made religion is the closed door to the soul.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I apologize for complimenting you, I was trying to be nice.

How? With your tunnel vision you can not see anything beyond your own perspective.

You were judgmental - - - claiming I was with or of the Devil.

Yeah, sure. I didn't say that whatsoever. Not even close Anne. Never claimed you were with him. Never claimed you were of him. But whatever, I still think you're a strong women, keep insulting me, I'll sleep well tonight regardless.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight

reply to post by NightFlight

He didn't say Christians. In fact, God said: "of them that hate me". We certainly don't hate our Heavenly Father.

Well, you certainly do! You have put Jesus Christ before God. Only God can send you to Heaven or Hell or Chicago for that matter. According to scripture nothing, NOTHING can be worshipped before God. Oh, I know, Jesus was the son of God, you'll say. Amazing how all through the old testament God warns man not to succumb to the flesh and then wham bam God's knocked up a little human fleshy virgin with his son. I ain't buyin' it! If any thing, Jesus is the son of Satan and we have all been deceived. I gotta admire him, though, (sorta give the devil his due kinda thing) cause it looks like he pulled it off.

Anyway, I forgive you.

Matthew 3:13-17

13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him. 14 And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?”
15 But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him.
16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

O.o, Huh? This wasn't Satan talking from out of heaven. John the Baptist told Jesus that he was the one that needed to be baptised, not the other way around. The Bapstism John was speaking of was Baptism in the Holy Spirit, the Ruach ha Kodesh. Only one who can grant the baptism in the Holy Spirit is, the Holy Spirit himself because it comes straight from him.

The reason Christianity says Jesus is God is because he is God in the flesh, God sent his Glory to earth and with his own right arm he achieved salvation. The entire Old Testament and the New Testament are 2 witnesses giving testimony to who he is. Jesus walked with Abraham long before he made the transition to a human, but he is no longer human he has reclaimed his Godhood. How do we know Jesus is God?

John 8: 48-59

48 Then the Jews answered and said to Him, “Do we not say rightly that You are a Samaritan and have a demon?”
49 Jesus answered, “I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me. 50 And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges. 51 Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death.”52 Then the Jews said to Him, “Now we know that You have a demon! Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and You say, ‘If anyone keeps My word he shall never taste death.’ 53 Are You greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? And the prophets are dead. Who do You make Yourself out to be?”
54 Jesus answered, “If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God. 55 Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, ‘I do not know Him,’ I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”
58 Jesus said to them, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”
59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Who is Jesus? He is Yahweh in the flesh of man. Yahweh is the Lord. What day is the "Lord's Day"? The Sabbath Day is his day, the day of Rest. Jesus brings the rest to those who believe in him. Jesus is Lord even of the Sabbath. Sabbath means "The Rest" or "Eternal Rest" and the Sabbath Day is a foreshadowing of the Eternal Rest in heaven. the Lord's Rest.

Isaiah 59:16-17

He saw that there was no man,
And wondered that there was no intercessor;
Therefore His own arm brought salvation for Him;
And His own righteousness, it sustained Him.

17 For He put on righteousness as a breastplate,
And a helmet of salvation on His head;
He put on the garments of vengeance for clothing,
And was clad with zeal as a cloak.

Isaiah tells you right there who Jesus is, he is "I AM that I AM" that saved us, God allowed himself to be nailed to that cross for our sins. If that isn't love, then love doesn't exist.

Matthew 12:6-8

6 Yet I say to you that in this place there is One greater than the temple. 7 But if you had known what this means, ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless. 8 For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Man is made in God's Image, and there are 3 parts to man, Body, Spirit and Soul. The Body is ruled by the Soul, which is your mind. If man has 3 parts to him than God has the same 3 parts since he made us in his image. Jesus is the Ark of Testimony that comes down with God from heaven in Revelation. The first ark of the covenant, was a forshadowing of this event, that which housed the Holy Spirit himself before the Babylonian Exile. Jesus did say he was in his Father and his Father was in Him, because they were One and Jesus is that One.
edit on 19-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

reply to post by novastrike81

Fair enough. I wasn't making an argument to you btw, I was being flippant. Okay, since you're so patient.

Understood. It's your flippant behavior that stands out.

In regards to Jesus and the afterlife there is no "false dichotomy", He only taught two alternatives for the afterlife. And "cease to exist" wasn't one of them.

Which makes it a false dichotomy. Either you're with me [Jesus] or against me.

Now, if you think Jesus was teaching a false dichotomy then you can address that to Him in prayer.
Be prepared to be a lot more patient with Him that you are to me though, sometimes He doesn't get back right away, that whole Sovereign God of the Universe thingie.

Yes, but he taught if you should ask for anything in His name, you would receive it, period. There was no "pray for something in my name, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible" option in scripture. Unless you can show me where that is.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Yes, but he taught if you should ask for anything in His name, you would receive it, period. There was no "pray for something in my name, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible" option in scripture. Unless you can show me where that is.

Wrong, you need to go reread that scripture because that is not what he says. In fact i'll paste it for you so you don't have to go digging for it.

Matthew 18: 18-19

18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

John 14:12-14

12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

The prerequisite to having something you ask for fulfilled is there needs to be 2 or more asking, if there are 3 believers gathered in his name then he will be there amoung them himself. How can he be gathered everywhere there are people gathered in his name at the same time? Because he is omnipresent which makes him GOD.

edit on 19-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

People are people regardless . ALL can lose it (temper) because no one is perfect. Only the Lord Jesus was/is.
I be Christian and could cuss you out in a heartbeat .lol but that doesn't make it right.
Oh and for the record, WHY in the world would anyone want to call IN to the show when you know they would piss you off?
lmao
Humans erring once again.
Yeah, people are funny.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Understood. It's your flippant behavior that stands out.

Well yeah, obviously,.. I'm always the first one to admit it!

Yes, but he taught if you should ask for anything in His name, you would receive it, period.

Yeah, the context of that was according to the will of God. It wasn't that God is some kind of magic vending machine and if you use the correct end to the prayer He'll give you whatever your heart desires.

There's a term for that philosophy, it's called "witchcraft". Doing certain acts, incantations, rituals and special words to force the hand of God or some other spirit being into your favor to do your bidding. And like I said, if that is a "false dichotomy", then you can take that up with the man who made the claim to begin with, Jesus.

I don't answer for Him, sorry. Any other questions or concerns?

Which makes it a false dichotomy. Either you're with me [Jesus] or against me.

That's only a 'false dichotomy" if Jesus isn't God.

edit on 19-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If one follows the teachings of Christ, he would have turned the other cheek and forgiven the transgressors. Misled sheep.

Actually, the Bible does refer to God as being vengeful, says that Jesus Christ will return on a white horse, and so on.

It says that God chooses whomever He pleases, refers to an elect.

I recognize that these are unsociable things to say, even prejudicial things, but I do not conflate political expediency with holiness.

From the very first book, you can read of the forbidden fruit and the unacceptable sacrifice of Cain. Sanctioned or not sanctioned. It is a difference, which you would have to accept voluntarily.

No cleverness of wording can trick you. I don't believe I can use physical force to make you believe something. That is how it is written, and, as for me, I am only offering it on a take-it-or-leave-it basis.

There is first a concept of order, of right and wrong, and an Absolute Authority, which made it that way.

People will be without excuse, and I believe they will be in the same position as the fallen angels who tremble at the Word. They will recognize the authority of God and still willfully accept the eternal consequences for rebelling.

If you had to choose between deserving to be treated well on your own terms, or having it all handed to you on God's terms, would you still refuse for the sake of pride. I believe it happens every day.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

The prerequisite to having something you ask for fulfilled is there needs to be 2 or more asking, if there are 3 believers gathered in his name then he will be there amoung them himself. How can he be gathered everywhere there are people gathered in his name at the same time?
Time and time again, I have seen and been part of two or more people asking for something from god, from the heart and in tears, and nothing happens. Why is that?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
People who contradict the will of God are not asking in His Name.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Yeah, the context of that was according to the will of God. It wasn't that God is some kind of magic vending machine and if you use the correct end to the prayer He'll give you whatever your heart desires.

Can you show where it mentions that it must be god's will first? I don't see that stipulation anywhere. Also let me as you this: If two or more are gathered in his name and pray to him for something in agreement, he doesn't have to do it if it's not his will, right?

Next, what if it's his will for someone to be healed, but no one is praying for it? Will he still heal that person, or let them die, though it's his will for them to live? Is his will always accomplished?

If he always accomplishes his will, why should anyone pray? He does what he wants....

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaTurtle
People who contradict the will of God are not asking in His Name.
Is it god's will for people to be healed, or is it contradictory? How do YOU know the will of god? You have a direct line to him where you can ask him, and then you receive a clear and concise answer from him? If so, please let me know.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This line of questioning touches upon the paradox of free will vs. destiny.

This contradiction is resolved when people recognize their given lot.

In this case, two or more witnesses are requesting what is already decidedly theirs. This is an acknowledgment of Godly authority, in that the decision has already been made.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaTurtle
In this case, two or more witnesses are requesting what is already decidedly theirs. This is an acknowledgment of Godly authority, in that the decision has already been made.

If it is already decidedly theirs, why do they have to ask for it again? What's the point? And please support your previous answer with verses.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join