It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Christians get angry.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by OldCorp
You should change the title of the thread to "When Christians Attack!" It's more reality-showish that way.

Are you sure?

You really want him to start a thread attacking Christians with the title: "When Christians Attack"?

edit on 18-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

That was sarcasm brother.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
The sad thing is, even with all that historical evidence attesting to the truth of the bible, people will somehow still find a way to stop up their ears with fingers and sing "lalalalala i am not listening" when the evidence is unearthed and brought to light..

Who denies there are historical facts in the bible? Of course there are historical facts in the bible.

There is also a lot of myth and parables.

What there isn't is any real factual history of "mythical biblical Jesus".

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Theres no reason to prove to anyone a Creator or afterlife or anything of that sort if they already made up their mind before. You can't convert someone from not believing to believing, the book of life has already been written, you can't change it. Only those who are already chosen, who have fallen off the path can be 'converted back' to what they were doing before. You can't change someones original choice they made, its engrained in them forever.

Whats your deal against christians? You seem to bash us more than any atheist or muslim. Not following Christ's teachings perhaps? Swallow your own hypocrisy and move along please.

We already know due to ephesians that those of us who do believe were chosen to do so, it's the sleepers we are looking for, those who would accept their King upon hearing of him, we sift through the wheat to pull out the tares because Christ gave us this task of spreading his message. You think a man cannot change his mind at the end of his life? These are called "deathbed decisions" and they do happen. These deathbed decisions made by men who were stone cold atheists or even as in Rabbi Kaduri's case an Ultra-Orthodox jew. Think someone cannot change their mind once it has been made up? This man challenges you from beyond the grave:

Rabbi Kaduri, Ultra-Orthodox jew believed in Jesus before his death

I'd imbedd the video but i do not know how to do it.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes thats true (apart from the bible itself) and a couple of roman passages.

All these historians are from that time and none mentioned him. Some like Philo was born before Jesus and lived after Jesus died he lived near Jerusalem and documented Jewish life but failed to mention anything to do with him.

Apollonius Persius
Appian Petronius
Arrian Phaedrus
Aulus Gellius Philo-Judaeus
Columella Phlegon
Damis Pliny the Elder
Dio Chrysostom Pliny the Younger
Dion Pruseus Plutarch
Epictetus Pompon Mela
Favorinus Ptolemy
Florus Lucius Quintilian
Hermogones Quintius Curtius
Josephus Seneca
Justus of Tiberius Silius Italicus
Juvenal Statius
Lucanus Suetonius
Lucian Tacitus
Lysias Theon of Smyran
Martial Valerius Flaccus
Paterculus Valerius Maximus

So to say anything is fact about Jesus is wrong.
If anyone can show me evidence of anything written about Jesus while he was alive please do so.
edit on 18-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Have you been Atheist?

I went through a time in my life when i was agnostic and just plain didn't care one way or the other and at one point i entertained ideas that there was no God either. I didn't care if there was a God or not much less a Jesus and i was raised in a "christian" home where i was abused from the age or 3 to the age of 17 when i finally had enough and ran away.

It took me 14 years to find Jesus. 14 years of being consumed by hate and anger, so do not make the mistake of thinking i was brainwashed into believing in God/Jesus, because i was very much the rebellious person and i came to him of my own when he called me by name and i heard him and answered.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

See Christians and Pagans can agree upon things... LOL to funny,, glad you concur.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Annee

Yes thats true (apart from the bible itself) and a couple of roman passages.

Right.

And I do separate "mythical biblical Jesus" from "historical Jesus" - - a man who did live during that timeline.

Just want to make that clear. But the mythical stories aren't the real historical facts.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

The sad thing is, even with all that historical evidence attesting to the truth of the bible, people will somehow still find a way to stop up their ears with fingers and sing "lalalalala i am not listening" when the evidence is unearthed and brought to light..

Who denies there are historical facts in the bible? Of course there are historical facts in the bible.

There is also a lot of myth and parables.

What there isn't is any real factual history of "mythical biblical Jesus".

If you're going to pick and choose what to believe in you may as well just throw out the entire book for all the good it will not do you. According to many men who were pagans at the time, Romans even...they contradict you. People like you always seem to want to throw out the fact that for 2000 years Christ's believers have been carrying his cause to the world. Do you think the very first believers believed in him because of what somoene else told them? NO! They saw him work his miracles with their own eyes.

What you do not understand is the mindset of the jews of that period. All of them were literally Ultra-Orthodox and if you need to know what that means look it up. The ones who did believe in him knew prophecy so when he performed his miracles they automatically linked it to prophecy and so they knew who he was.

nonbiblical historical referrences to jesus the Messiah

There are over 70 accounts from men of that period who speak about him and in the case of one of those men he made fun of the jews for killing their God. Somehow you will find a way to ignore this as well i'm betting

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

It took me 14 years to find Jesus. 14 years of being consumed by hate and anger, so do not make the mistake of thinking i was brainwashed into believing in God/Jesus, because i was very much the rebellious person and i came to him of my own when he called me by name and i heard him and answered.

It took me 60 years to finally accept I never believed. It never made any real sense to me - - even though I made every effort.

We all have our journeys to travel.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

If you're going to pick and choose what to believe in you may as well just throw out the entire book for all the good it will not do you.

It has nothing to do with what I believe or don't believe.

I fully admit there are Facts in the bible - - but the bible is not Fact.

It is also fact there was a man named Jesus. But there is no historical fact to support the "mythical biblical Jesus".

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Not one was from the time he lived, so it's like Chinese whisper's all stories about him past on by word of mouth.
I bet he bought some people 5 fish and 5 bits of bread and after years of people telling it became 5000 lol.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I hate to do this, but Christians should read Leviticus chapter 5 verses 7 - 10.
Verses:
7: Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

8: Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth :

9: Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

10: And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

Now the kicker is that Christians can't be forgiven for up to four generations.
Most call it the "unforgivable sin" worshipping something other than God himself.
edit on 18-3-2012 by NightFlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

This, folks. This is the truest and most compassionate statement in this whole thread.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It took me 60 years to finally accept I never believed. It never made any real sense to me - - even though I made every effort.

You'd be surprised what the need for redemption would cause you to look for. All i had to do was turn and look inside my own soul and see how evil i was to other people and the things i did and said that i could not take back and it began to eat away at me and thats when i was able to hear his call. I heard him because he granted me enough time to be ready to hear him, few men can ever say that.

Now that I know and believe i cannot turn my back on him. Yea, left of our own accord we will walk our own paths to our own destruction, i was already on mine and by his grace i became a different man and was changed. You would not have wanted to meet me on the street the way i was.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
it's not that they were banished for wanting knowledge, it was for disobeying God.

man was not ready for that knowledge. and we are proving God was right everyday.

if we only trusted God in the beginning, we would be the ones travelling the universe, exploring worlds, free of sickness, death and immortal.

do you know why aliens visit earth. it's to see how they could have ended up.

earth history must be studied around the universe as what not to do.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

but you say you have proven our worldview to be wrong? eh what planet are you on?.

HUH? What planet are you on? I never said I "proved" anyone's worldview wrong, I haven't even argued about who's worldview is correct or not, in fact I haven't even discussed them except to mention the word "worldview."

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

My bad read it wrong

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I don't think so Anne. I read that ^, and I don't see a woman who's faith barely had a pulse, I see a woman who is so strong it took the devil 60 years to destroy her faith. You are a strong woman. The gospel didn't make sense to any of us either at first, but you keep trucking, you keep seeking His face and seeking Him to increase your faith.

You're not an unbeliever who finally "figured it all out", you were one of the devil's biggest trophies because of how long it took him to erode the faith you did have inside you. I see a STRONG woman when I read what you said.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

My bad read it wrong

Oh, no worries, i was like "WTF"? lol

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

He didn't say Christians. In fact, God said: "of them that hate me". We certainly don't hate our Heavenly Father.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join