It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Christians get angry.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Where I read her statement as a person who woke up and saw her own light, she is now free from her shackles and has her eyes open,she has found her own free will.
The Devil? just an excuse for people doing bad things or a bogie man for people to use to scare others.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by OldCorp
You should change the title of the thread to "When Christians Attack!" It's more reality-showish that way.

Are you sure?

You really want him to start a thread attacking Christians with the title: "When Christians Attack"?

That was sarcasm brother.

Annnnd I'm an idiot, carry on!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Where I read her statement as a person who woke up and saw her own light, she is now free from her shackles and has her eyes open,she has found her own free will.
The Devil? just an excuse for people doing bad things or a bogie man for people to use to scare others.

Cool, I'm just sharing what I thought reading her response. I didn't see some wishy-washy person for 60 years, I heard "Strong woman".

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

reply to post by NightFlight

He didn't say Christians. In fact, God said: "of them that hate me". We certainly don't hate our Heavenly Father.

Well, you certainly do! You have put Jesus Christ before God. Only God can send you to Heaven or Hell or Chicago for that matter. According to scripture nothing, NOTHING can be worshipped before God. Oh, I know, Jesus was the son of God, you'll say. Amazing how all through the old testament God warns man not to succumb to the flesh and then wham bam God's knocked up a little human fleshy virgin with his son. I ain't buyin' it! If any thing, Jesus is the son of Satan and we have all been deceived. I gotta admire him, though, (sorta give the devil his due kinda thing) cause it looks like he pulled it off.

Anyway, I forgive you.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight

He didn't say Christians. In fact, God said: "of them that hate me". We certainly don't hate our Heavenly Father.

Well, you certainly do! You have put Jesus Christ before God. Only God can send you to Heaven or Hell or Chicago for that matter. According to scripture nothing, NOTHING can be worshipped before God. Oh, I know, Jesus was the son of God, you'll say. Amazing how all through the old testament God warns man not to succumb to the flesh and then wham bam God's knocked up a little human fleshy virgin with his son. I ain't buyin' it! If any thing, Jesus is the son of Satan and we have all been deceived. I gotta admire him, though, (sorta give the devil his due kinda thing) cause it looks like he pulled it off.

Anyway, I forgive you.

First you should ask what faith the person is that you are talking too because some believe Jesus is the same as God. So they may or may not be putting Jesus before God.

Jesus is the son of Satan? Sounds like something the Jews came up with you know the synagogue of Satan.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Anyway, I forgive you.

First you should ask what faith the person is that you are talking too because some believe Jesus is the same as God. So they may or may not be putting Jesus before God.

Jesus is the son of Satan? Sounds like something the Jews came up with you know the synagogue of Satan.

No, I am definetly not Jewish. I am an Atheist, but I have deep roots in the bible and Christianity. There are too many discrepancies in the bible especially between the old and new testaments relating to the messiah. God, to me, is just someone with the best technology (as opposed to magic). If Jesus were God in the flesh, He certainly placed strict rules upon himself while he was here on earth. He dies and had to wait 3 days to rise? Had to have an angel roll his stone door back for him to exit his tomb? His transfiguration? Too many clues as to what his purpose here on earth really was and that was to lead as many people astray as possible. People should define who Satan is and where he stands on earth according to the judeo-christian bible. Right now he reigns over this world and is restricted to this world according to scripture. He was placed here because he loves us too much and seemingly was enamored with the human race. I just quote it as I read it.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
One, more-tactful approach is to say that you will not be led into debate or contention, but would answer genuine curiosity to the best of your ability.

In the event that you would not be able to answer, you could say that you stand by your faith but do not have a Biblical reference at the moment.

Keep in mind that different Christians have different degrees of political correctness and are not necessarily experts in regards to their own denomination or schism.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaTurtle
One, more-tactful approach is to say that you will not be led into debate or contention, but would answer genuine curiosity to the best of your ability.

In the event that you would not be able to answer, you could say that you stand by your faith but do not have a Biblical reference at the moment.

Keep in mind that different Christians have different degrees of political correctness and are not necessarily experts in regards to their own denomination or schism.

OOOOH you went there, didn't you.

Personally speaking, if I were religious and believed in hell and damnation, I certainly wouldn't be a Christian. (Thats probably why I'm atheist). It is so ironic to me all the people who profess to be Christians and support the wars in the middle east, or war in general. If one follows the teachings of Christ, he would have turned the other cheek and forgiven the transgressors. Misled sheep.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I used to be an Atheist until I realized that I am God.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I don't think so Anne. I read that ^, and I don't see a woman who's faith barely had a pulse, I see a woman who is so strong it took the devil 60 years to destroy her faith.

You are wrong.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I don't think so Anne. I read that ^, and I don't see a woman who's faith barely had a pulse, I see a woman who is so strong it took the devil 60 years to destroy her faith.

You are wrong.

And I can be, it's happened once before. There was this one time in the summer of 86 I thought I made a mistake, I was wrong then too.

All jokes aside, when I read you comment all I heard was you're a terribly strong woman, sorry, but that's the impression I got from hearing your testimony. You battled the doubts for 60 years, I've seen some people "get saved" and never return church.

60 years is a LONG TIME.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

According to scripture nothing, NOTHING can be worshipped before God.

Actually, 'according to scripture', Jesus accepted worship and never rebuked anyone for it. I'm can't reconcile how He could be both a "good man" and "good teacher", yet encourage people to worship Him as Lord in direct violation of the bible. Especially after telling the devil in the wilderness that man should worship God alone.

Interesting.

Hey one quick question now has me SUPER puzzled.. Jesus said no man at any time had ever "seen" the Father correct? That the Father was a Spirit and all that worshiped Him must worship Him in Spirit and truth, correct? Did Jesus say "no man" (from Earth) had ever seen the Father or not?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Thanks. And I agree with you about the Devil.

Actually - - I was born "Awake". I had OBE's and other experiences beyond the physical world since birth (or first memory). And still have experiences to this day.

I KNOW the physical world is not all there is. Because of these experiences - - as a kid - - I connected them to mean/be about God. But religion is man made - - and NEVER - - provided the energy and feel of these experiences. It was actually completely lacking in any kind of connection spiritually. Religion is of the physical world.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Actually, 'according to scripture', Jesus accepted worship and never rebuked anyone for it. I'm can't reconcile how He could be both a "good man" and "good teacher", yet encourage people to worship Him as Lord in direct violation of the bible. Especially after telling the devil in the wilderness that man should worship God alone.

Interesting.

Hey one quick question now has me SUPER puzzled.. Jesus said no man at any time had ever "seen" the Father correct? That the Father was a Spirit and all that worshiped Him must worship Him in Spirit and truth, correct? Did Jesus say "no man" (from Earth) had ever seen the Father or not?

No, He said when [a person] looks at my (Jesus') face, they are seeing the face of God.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You battled the doubts for 60 years, I've seen some people "get saved" and never return church.

You have no clue what I'm talking about.

You are completely disconnected.

You are wrong.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Interesting.

No, He said when [a person] looks at my (Jesus') face, they are seeing the face of God.

No.

See: "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father." ~ John 6:46

See: "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him." John 1:18

See: "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us." 1 John 4:12

I'll give you another shot, did Jesus say that? Does the scripture declare no man had seen the Father/God/God the Father/God our Father at any time? I've done the homework already, all u gotta say is yes or no.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

You battled the doubts for 60 years, I've seen some people "get saved" and never return church.

You have no clue what I'm talking about.

You are completely disconnected.

You are wrong.

You said it took you 60 years to figure it all out, was that a typo? Or are you saying you're not a strong woman? Throw me a bone here lady, you can see I need a hand. Why are you upset that I view you as a strong woman?

That's just weird. Usually when I compliment someone they don't insult me in return. That's okay though, I forgive you and STILL think you're a strong woman.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Religion is of the physical world.

NOT going to argue with that!!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Where did you go man? I just had one simple question, well two. But where did ya go?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You said it took you 60 years to figure it all out, . .

Show me where I said I had to figure it all out.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join