It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

U.S. Threatens India With Sanctions Over Iranian Oil

page: 5
32
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight
 



Sorry you don't need to enrich Uranium beyond 20% for nuclear energy kid, how about you clean your eyes out sonny jim, ?
Uh huh... and where are your sources to back up that statement? There is no evidence they are enriching uranium beyond 5%... or can you prove me wrong?


Nobody is asking for them nations to do as they are told... where did you get that from? you made that up right?
Thus US is in fact trying to order them to stop buying oil from Iran based on some bogus new laws. And you are right, the US doesn't have to sell anything to India if they don't want to, and I hope that's what will happen, I hope India stand their ground and start buying products else where. The only thing the US can do is threaten to impose trade sanctions because they know their stupid commands wont be followed unless there is some form of blackmail behind it.




posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight
 



they said no simply because the wish to have there own nuclear weapons program of the back of its energy program, and what do they intend to do with a nuke? wipe Israel of the map at worse, cause utter mayhem in the region at the very least
They know that if they launch a nuke at another nations there will be a dozen more nukes coming straight down on their nation. I honestly doubt they are stupid enough to provoke their own doom.


And why is NOBODY aloud in to inspect there nuclear program if they're not up to no good? the rest of the world complies with the atomic agency and allows inspections into the country?, hmm yes i wonder why, no mr police officer you cannot search my car full of drugs, may aswel be saying that huh?
Yes you do actually have a right to refuse a search of your property. No one can look through your stuff just because they want to.


UN nuclear inspectors began a critical mission to Iran on Sunday to investigate allegations that the country has a secret atomic weapons programme.

The three-day visit comes amid escalating western economic pressures and warnings about safeguarding Gulf oil shipments from possible Iranian blockades.

IAEA nuclear inspectors begin Iran visit - 2012

edit on 16-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight
 



Sorry you don't need to enrich Uranium beyond 20% for nuclear energy kid, how about you clean your eyes out sonny jim, ?
Uh huh... and where are your sources to back up that statement? There is no evidence they are enriching uranium beyond 5%... or can you prove me wrong?


Nobody is asking for them nations to do as they are told... where did you get that from? you made that up right?
Thus US is in fact trying to order them to stop buying oil from Iran based on some bogus new laws. And you are right, the US doesn't have to sell anything to India if they don't want to, and I hope that's what will happen, I hope India stand their ground and start buying products else where. The only thing the US can do is threaten to impose trade sanctions because they know their stupid commands wont be followed unless there is some form of blackmail behind it.



Why yes actually, i can prove that, because President Ahmadinejad said as much him self





Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said his country has produced its first batch of uranium enriched to 20%.

news.bbc.co.uk...



On Monday, Jan. 9, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) confirmed that Iran had begun producing 20 percent enriched uranium at Fordow, a fuel enrichment plant buried deep underground near the holy city of Qom. On the surface, there is little new here: Since February 2010, Iran has been producing 20 percent enriched uranium at Natanz, another once-secret site located about 3 ½ hours from Tehran.

www.foreignpolicy.com...



Iran has begun enriching uranium at a heavily fortified underground site, the UN's nuclear watchdog has confirmed.

www.bbc.co.uk...

And now, i have a question for you... can you prove the US "ORDERED" or "COMMANDED" India like some dictator to stop trading with Iran? or are you just over sensationalizing the word "ASKED" ?





and I hope that's what will happen, I hope India stand their ground and start buying products else where.


For once i actually agree with you, the west is carrying a massive burden of India's, billions & billions every year in aid, taking in hundreds of thousands of its citizens to work within the west so they can send all the cash home to support there family, providing a large percentage of the people within India with jobs, i sure many people would love to see those jobs & resources come back home,



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by slanteye
reply to post by daaskapital
 

That is why India does not trust the US enough to buy its fighter jets. Imagine being saddled with 120 US made fighter jets with no spare parts. US foreign policy and strong arm tactics will scare away potential customers. This is bad for your aviation industries at home. More and more countries purchasing European and Russian planes, military or civilian stuff. But because Boeing and Lockheed Martin have contracts with the govt. no one dares to voice up.


No it's because they cost half as much, but I'd go with American if you want spare parts. India can put all it's eggs in Russia's basket if it wants. The world would be interested to see India having an alliance and not playing the field, just for once.



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight
 


Thank you for providing some sources, you should do when you make a claim, not after. In any case, nuclear weapons still require 90% refinement, that is far from 20%, and most of their refinement is not 20%, it's much lower. Furthermore, Iran is saying that the higher-level enrichment is meant to produce therapies for cancer patients.


And now, i have a question for you... can you prove the US "ORDERED" or "COMMANDED" India like some dictator to stop trading with Iran? or are you just over sensationalizing the word "ASKED" ?

Errr... they weren't simply "asked" dude, they US passed some sort of freaking law about it. That's a bit more than asking.
edit on 16-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder
 




Iran is saying that the higher-level enrichment is meant to produce therapies for cancer patients.


You've been sipping too much water from the Ganges, lol



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight
 



they said no simply because the wish to have there own nuclear weapons program of the back of its energy program, and what do they intend to do with a nuke? wipe Israel of the map at worse, cause utter mayhem in the region at the very least
They know that if they launch a nuke at another nations there will be a dozen more nukes coming straight down on their nation. I honestly doubt they are stupid enough to provoke their own doom.

IAEA nuclear inspectors begin Iran visit - 2012

edit on 16-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)



Doom? Iran wants to lead the Islamic world and its leaders tend to believe that they need to trigger enough upheaval for the Imam Mahdi publicly to rise up. well they're certainly doing that with there none stop insults recently, they're almost coaxing and begging for the US/Israel to attack them,

They're stark raving bonkers mad, may aswel give allow anybody to have nukes, there are rules in life, such as don't give a mad man a gun, nukes are not toys and there should be rules & regulations as to who can have them, well there is rules and regulations and they're being ignored and broken, nobody is saying Iran cannot have peaceful nuclear energy, everybody has that right, but not to obtain warheads when you are not trustworthy surrounded by lunatics



Iran preparing now for Armageddon

Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei… say's that the coming of the last Islamic Messiah, the Shiites’ 12th Imam Mahdi, is near and that specific actions need to be taken to protect the Islamic regime for upcoming events. Mahdi, according to Shiite belief, will reappear at the time of Armageddon. Selected forces within the Revolutionary Guards and Basij reportedly have been trained under a task force called “Soldiers of Imam Mahdi” and they will bear the responsibility of security and protecting the regime against uprisings. Many in the Guards and Basij have been told that the 12th Imam is on earth, facilitated the victory of Hezbollah over Israel in the 2006 war and soon will announce publicly his presence after the needed environment is created.


I don't think they give two shiites about how many nuke land on Iran in return



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by squandered
reply to post by ChaoticOrder
 




Iran is saying that the higher-level enrichment is meant to produce therapies for cancer patients.


You've been sipping too much water from the Ganges, lol


Its really really odd you say that that's exactly what my psychic abilities told me about her



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight
 




Mahdi, according to Shiite belief, will reappear at the time of Armageddon.

The 12th Iman is world wide Sharia law if they are right. Otherwise they are just Jews with yet another copy cat religion and fat butt-hurtedness.



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfTheLight

Originally posted by squandered
reply to post by ChaoticOrder
 




Iran is saying that the higher-level enrichment is meant to produce therapies for cancer patients.


You've been sipping too much water from the Ganges, lol


Its really really odd you say that that's exactly what my psychic abilities told me about her


I'd pay your insight more respect if you didn't have a billion chances of being right ;-P



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight
 



They're stark raving bonkers mad, may aswel give allow anybody to have nukes, there are rules in life, such as don't give a mad man a gun, nukes are not toys and there should be rules
Way to generalize a whole group of people man. You're idea that these people are all some sort of lunatic extremists is laughable and absurd. You're right, nukes are not toys, and no one in the world has actually used them to bomb anyone except the United States. Your idea that the US is some how more responsible and ethical is also laughable. I am so sick of this mindset that we need to stop these so called terrorist nations from refining uranium, just because they "might" start refining it to 90%, even though there is no proof they are doing that. The US needs to stop trying to push them around unless they have solid evidence Iran has nefarious purposes. I use gasoline for many different things, but that doesn't mean one of those things to to make a bomb. You all have this ridiculous idea stuck in your head that this "rouge nation" needs to be restricted from doing things which they need to do, trying to police these other nations as if you control the world. It's just stupid.



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfTheLight

Originally posted by squandered
reply to post by ChaoticOrder
 




Iran is saying that the higher-level enrichment is meant to produce therapies for cancer patients.


You've been sipping too much water from the Ganges, lol


Its really really odd you say that that's exactly what my psychic abilities told me about her
Well actually if you had any sort of psychic abilities you would know I'm not a female. Just goes to show how good your intuition is. Furthermore, have none of you people heard of chemotherapy? Oh no, look out, the big boogey man is creating materials for cancer patients... that could lead to the creation of nuclear bombs you guyz!!!! Look out, FEAR FEAR FEAR!!!!!!



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder
 


I don't think people wish harm on Iranian people, but it is the wealthy and connected Iranians that profit in that regime, so they are targeted.

Not that I know why America hates them so much - other than constant threats, carrying out threats and arming viscous terror groups. I see how America's hand is being pulled. I also see a block of countries making a stance because they need to feel stronger. This stand-off is actually good for world stability, so far...

Regardless, India really should cut their apron strings and go about being India - without being bolstered. A lot of rot has seeped into Indian foreign policy and it should be no surprise when they get their ears pulled.



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder
 




Oh no, look out, the big boogey man is creating materials for cancer patients... that could lead to the creation of nuclear bombs you guyz!!!! Look out, FEAR FEAR FEAR!!!!!!


You are the only one who is laughing, but go on.. you will never know how good you once had it



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight
 


Thank you for providing some sources, you should do when you make a claim, not after. In any case, nuclear weapons still require 90% refinement, that is far from 20%, and most of their refinement is not 20%, it's much lower. Furthermore, Iran is saying that the higher-level enrichment is meant to produce therapies for cancer patients.


And now, i have a question for you... can you prove the US "ORDERED" or "COMMANDED" India like some dictator to stop trading with Iran? or are you just over sensationalizing the word "ASKED" ?

Errr... they weren't simply "asked" dude, they US passed some sort of freaking law about it. That's a bit more than asking.
edit on 16-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)


Sure sure, and when its 30% it'll be for this and that, in which case we can carry on with this conversation, either way it doesn't matter, and it wont matter until they have 90%, its a diplomatic solution from 5%-90% and action taken when they have 90% enriched, because then they have the bomb, remember that... because this is exactly what all of you anti west people have been using as an excuse to disregard Iran not wanting "the bomb" and peddling that its just peaceful means, while then coming up with some other BS to excuse the enrichment from 5% - 20% withing just a few months

Oh Iran doesn't want nuclear weapons,





US passed some sort of freaking law about it.


Erm no actually it is international law and the US did not pass it, to cause all these problem's someone is breaking those laws and the US is enforcing it, i think thats where many get confused, when the US no longer has the means to enforce it, someone else will, your next super power, and you'll all be pointing finger at them much the same way you are now with the US, thats why you people are unbelievably dumb, because you don't actually support what right in this world as long as you see the fall of the US, and then you'll go up against the next super power and conspire and hate them,

Some of us know that you people are stupid your not for the betterment of mankind, your all for yourselves and the destruction of civilization, remember evil prevail when good men fail to act, whether you like it or not someone needs to police the world, in a world with nukes and no rule we all lose, wake up you moron you aiding a lunatic to get nukes because you hate the west,
edit on 16-3-2012 by WarriorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by squandered
reply to post by ChaoticOrder
 




Oh no, look out, the big boogey man is creating materials for cancer patients... that could lead to the creation of nuclear bombs you guyz!!!! Look out, FEAR FEAR FEAR!!!!!!


You are the only one who is laughing, but go on.. you will never know how good you once had it
You're right, they shouldn't be allowed to create those medical materials because it looks bad and scares the rest of the world... after all, these are all lunatic mad men we're talking about... if they are allowed to enrich uranium it could lead to the end of the world as we know it... people wont know what they had till it's gone, when they blow the entire world away.


Your ignorant attitude fueled by fear wont work on me pal. When they start enriching uranium anywhere near 90% then I might be concerned, until then I see absolutely no reason for why they should be treated this way. It's nothing but unfounded allegations and fear mongering pushed by people who like causing trouble in the world.



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight
 



because this is exactly what all of you anti west people have been using as an excuse to disregard Iran not wanting "the bomb" and peddling that its just peaceful means, while then coming up with some other BS to excuse the enrichment from 5% - 20% withing just a few months
I am not an "anti-west" person, I am an anti-moron-control-freak person. I am from Australia, and we are great buddies with the US, we kiss up to your ass all the time, we also get the same type of filtered crappy news that many western countries get. So in that respect perhaps I am a bit anti-west, because our westernized propaganda pisses me off.

Also, your first link about 20% enrichment is from early 2010 actually. So they haven't started doing this within just the last few months. They openly admitted they had created their first batch of 20% enriched Uranium (which they claim would only be produced in small moderate amounts) and they clearly stated the reasons. The BBC article even quotes the President as saying:


He added: "They all know that right now in Natanz, we have the capacity to enrich uranium at high levels.

"We have the capacity to enrich above 20, even 80%. But because we have no need, we won't do that."


EDIT: Oh oh oh... I forgot to include what the "experts" had to say:


But experts say Iran could convert a stockpile of 20% enriched uranium to weapons grade material within six months.

MY GOD MAN!!!! They "could" do it within 6 months. Hmmm, it's been much longer than 6 months since that article was released. Seems like these so called experts are more like propaganda experts, all they do is push fearful nonsense to make people scared. Fear is the greatest tool of all.
edit on 16-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight
 



Erm no actually it is international law and the US did not pass it, to cause all these problem's someone is breaking those laws and the US is enforcing it,
Are you talking about the new law which will put sanctions on any country who refuses to lower their oil trade with Iran by an unspecified amount? Because that most likely was pushed by US lobbyist and is now being enforced by the US. Seems to me like no other countries are threatening to impose sanctions on India if they chose to continue buying oil from Iran. The US is the only country with enough balls to try such a stupid and ignorant thing.



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight
 



They're stark raving bonkers mad, may aswel give allow anybody to have nukes, there are rules in life, such as don't give a mad man a gun, nukes are not toys and there should be rules
Way to generalize a whole group of people man. You're idea that these people are all some sort of lunatic extremists is laughable and absurd. You're right, nukes are not toys, and no one in the world has actually used them to bomb anyone except the United States. Your idea that the US is some how more responsible and ethical is also laughable. I am so sick of this mindset that we need to stop these so called terrorist nations from refining uranium, just because they "might" start refining it to 90%, even though there is no proof they are doing that. The US needs to stop trying to push them around unless they have solid evidence Iran has nefarious purposes. I use gasoline for many different things, but that doesn't mean one of those things to to make a bomb. You all have this ridiculous idea stuck in your head that this "rouge nation" needs to be restricted from doing things which they need to do, trying to police these other nations as if you control the world. It's just stupid.



I do apologize for your confusion,

I was not pointing fingers at the Iranian people, just the religious lunatic government/leader, he's the one doing the threatening here, you have to be blind to miss that, or a sympathetic west basher,

Oh and..

SO BLOODY WHAT THE US USED AN "ATOM BOMB"... ?
This is the most ridiculous comparison ever, Ok for what reason? seriously do you even know? do i even need to bother explaining? go and find out why it was used, because anybody with half a brain knows its completely irrelevant and cannot be used as a comparison here,
Besides an atom bomb is not even on par with the strength of the warheads of today,




just because they "might" start refining it to 90%, even though there is no proof they are doing that.


No they "are"... refining to 90% and i'll be telling you this from 20% - 90% while you keep denying it, its ok tho, rods from the sky will destroy it before they can threaten anyone with a nuclear bomb



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight
 



SO BLOODY WHAT THE US USED AN "ATOM BOMB"... ?
This is the most ridiculous comparison ever, Ok for what reason? seriously do you even know?
Of course I know, they wanted to test out how effective their new weapon was and how many people it could kill, because they couldn't fight a war like real men. They purposely chose the most densely populated areas in Japan full of civilians and not of strategic military advantage. They wanted to kill the largest amount of people they could possibly kill to show how far they would go, they didn't even fire a warning shot at a less densely populated area.


Within the first two to four months of the bombings, the acute effects killed 90,000–166,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000–80,000 in Nagasaki, with roughly half of the deaths in each city occurring on the first day.
---
In both cities, most of the dead were civilians, although Hiroshima had a sizeable garrison.

Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki



No they "are"... refining to 90% and i'll be telling you this from 20% - 90% while you keep denying it, its ok tho, rods from the sky will destroy it before they can threaten anyone with a nuclear bomb
Once again, the burden of proof is upon you... you can make fear mongering claims all you want, but without hard evidence to back those claims they mean nothing. And what exactly are "rods from the sky"?



new topics

top topics



 
32
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join