U.S. Threatens India With Sanctions Over Iranian Oil

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i hope india just sticks the finger to the U.S regime. once america was seen as the standard model for the free and prosperous world. now the flag represents hypocrisy

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
India responds:

Go ahead. First we will turn off your internet and then we will take the customer service phones off the hook. Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
India is a sovereign nation and can do what it pleases
This is very much a slap in the face to India

India has always had good relations with the U.S.
Obama is plain and simply being a piece of #$%#^

It's one thing with NDAA, spying and this and that but now he's trying to dictate policy to other foreign sovereign nations as well

Please do not re-elect this creature

You think republicans would do differently? My, we have forgotten GW Bush ever so quickly! They are all controlled by the same people. The foreign policy decision would be no different, though I agree this is stupid.

So... what happens when India and Iran become allies because India doesn't want to be pushed around either? What happens then? As many have stated here - does America just decide to go to war with the entire world?

Ridiculous!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

What happens then? As many have stated here - does America just decide to go to war with the entire world?

Have Gun Will Travel.............

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Let me make a bet that the US with all the sancions they enforce will will never see them jobs of ours they got ever again. Same thing with china we could be in a war with them and do you think the shelves in walmart would go empty? NOPE! That right there would tell people our goverment is a FRAUD!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

You are not alone, here in the US we the people are paying everyday for the mistakes that the corporate dictatorship that has taken hold of our nation do everyday, then more laws are made to keep steeping down on anybody that dare to raise up and fight back.

Do no believe when you are told that here in the US everything is peachy because is not.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Jeezus India does a lot of billing and paper work for our goverments...they just have to loose all the records and nobody will be able to collect anything.....
Inida is not gonna take it personal do ys tink?
Theyll just shrug and say business you know....and buy their oil wherever they damn well please!
America getting too big for its britches....will fall flat on its face without its allies......it simply cannot afford the ire of anyone else......
Looks like the "managment" in washington plan to dump every friend the US ever had..........better fence the northern border too......Lots of Indians there......

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ek Bharatiya
Oh! I thought you wanted all American - American stuff. My bad it looks like you only want US centered things when it suits you.

No I'm simply stating if you give me billions of dollars in business and then ask me to do you a favor and I say no, you are in the right to take your money elsewhere..

Maybe you are not aware but most of your call lands in Philippines, China or Brazil etc among India. Lott of American companies have moved out of India (thankfully) and gone to more cheaper locations mentioned above with lower quality service.

Your sentence structure is hard for me to follow. I never graduated college but it certainly appears I have better sentence structure, grammar, and vocabulary then you have attained from university in India. I guess that throws your whole Indian students who graduate are better at English than Americans.

Sentence construction.

See your above statements for poor sentence construction.

If you compare the english of (literate) Indian students which pass out from universities with Americans in grammar, sentence construction, neutral accent, knowledge about world affairs. Indian students are far better.

This is so laughable.. Your telling me you believe it's a fact Indian university graduates speak better English then an American university graduate? Tell me you're trolling now..

The problem with American english is it's confined in American accent, poor grammar and sentence construction. British english is the best in world.

This is just a bigoted statement. In America we have spoken and written English which vary. When comparing British English vs American English one must default to calling either "standard English." British English is no more proper or better then American English in fact it has been through many changes through many accents which only complicates using the term "British English." American English is more universal and follows less deviations in country wide pronunciations. American English is just as thorough yet more refined and easier to learn.

Yuck no! I have a degree in Hotel Management and worked in Hotel (Front Office department) for several years and moved to a University. Some of these students who study at this university and work there few months a year during their vacations tell me stories about these customers which are hilarious.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Ek Bharatiya because: Tags

It would be "customers who are hilarious." Just to give you the proper English.

Edit: I take it back if the "which" in your statement is referencing the stories then it's proper English. Just strange sentence structure..
edit on 15-3-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

The only reason Iran is now receiving gold instead of cash is that they have, as of tonight, been cut off from SWIFT, effectively cutting off their banking system from the world and with it, any possibility of getting hold of any foreign exchange.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
oil for food anyone?
Its like the guy that told his wife she was cut off from sex
and his wife says Yeah?
how can you ?
you don't know where I'm getting it!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trigger82
"Breaking News Just in"

India in development of New ICBM & Chemical warhead

Why doenst America just say it outright F__K the world we delare war on everyone

Hey Hey settle down, just because baseball and grid iron are crap sports we dont like or watch, us Aussies are still friends. Though this Obama thing is stretching it a little.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Just read an article today in The Chicago Tribune that says China will back off from a pipeline deal with Iran and Pakistan for fear of the bank financing the deal may be locked out from the U.S. market.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I guess the US market even in all it's troubles is still favorable to the rest of the world. Is that because it's the best or is that because everybody is afraid to get the big bad wolf mad at them?
edit on 15-3-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

LOL that be good for laugh

wtf

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I am getting the the distinct feeling that China Russia are going to let the
bombing start with out much of a protest. Sorry to post of topic,

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Obama and his "I'm gonna tell everybody what to do" attitude is going to lose allies. It's their country, they can do what they want with their money. More countries need to get together and tell the US to butt out. And I hope it happens very, very soon. All the US has to offer is worthless paper and military toys.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
I am getting the the distinct feeling that China Russia are going to let the
bombing start with out much of a protest. Sorry to post of topic,

"Well, it's not the men in your life that counts,

it's the life in your men."
edit on 15-3-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Does this mean I won't have to listen to some Indian dude on the phone when I call customer service to an American company? That would be awesome..

I was thinking the same thing when I was reading the thread.
Talk about getting frustrated when talking to people that you can't understand let alone they seem to recite the same written statements over and over again.

I had to complain to Sears after dealing with a customer service rep located in India about delivery problems for our refrigerator. I called and complained to the manager. He called the customer service number and called me back agreeing it was horrible!
He took another 100 dollars off the price of the refrigerator for my troubles.
edit on 15-3-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Maybe it's time for the world to start thinking about global sanctions against the US if they don't stop telling other countries who to trade with.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shred

In so far as India has the right to trade with whom they like (outside of UN sanctions which they respect), remember that the US also has the right to decide who it trades with...

So perhaps those taking shots at the US for "bullying" India should realise they're not. They're saying if you continue to trade with a nation we consider to be hostile, we will restrict trade with you, as is their right as you have claimed India has.

But then, it is fashionable to paint the US as the evil imperialists and everyone else is perfectly innocent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join