It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA's President Announces Ready to Aim Nuclear Weapons at USA & NATO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
What's the hold up Russia? Just blow up the corrupt U.S politicans , bankers, rich oil garchs already!

LOL! Wanderingthe3rd, almost signature worthy!
edit on 15-3-2012 by Shrukin89 because: (no reason given)

Yeah because Russia is so much better, right?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Dmitry Medvedev isn't the president any more.

So how old IS this video??

It's current.

Putin doesn't take office till May 12th.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The whole missiles pointed at your cities thing is ridiculous. Any military with ICBMs on SSBNs can change the targeting of its missiles in fairly short order. Its a symbolic rebuke, nothing more.

I have some sympathy with the russian position on the issue. Maybe they should set a shield up with ABM outposts in Siberia, Mexico and Iceland. Not aimed at the USA you understand, just in the vicinity.

To an extent the whole ABM idea is just Security Theatre anyway. The real threat is bomb parts and fissile material smuggled somewhere and assembled in the target country.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
When will everyone realize that a true super power has NO FREINDS. Everyone wants to be on top of their games, many times that requires topping other peoples' games. Some people don't like having their game topped and it prompts them to try to top the person who topped them...and on and on and on

The game of kings is a murky one.

The line between enemy and ally even murkier.

There can only be one true super power...and many countries who want to be that one super power. They're just waiting for the opportunity to present itself, to show the world they ain't playing

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Now, for those who hate the U.S., notice that we've got regular weapons near Russia's border, and then Russia responds by threatening to point nuclear weapons at us.

So much for it just being the U.S. that escalates things out of control

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Wait a second, didn't Obama want to share our Nuke technology or something like that with Russia?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

They have never been our friends no matter what we do....why would you defend communists anyway?

We are trying to protect Israel...but you probably defend Iran right?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LordDrakula

Russia is just as arrogant

if we didnt keep them scared and in check they would be trying to take over any country they could.

Don't be so naive.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Text im·pe·ri·al·ism [im-peer-ee-uh-liz-uhm] Show IPA noun 1. the policy of extending the rule or authority of an empire or nation over foreign countries, or of acquiring and holding colonies and dependencies. 2. advocacy of imperial interests. 3. an imperial system of government. 4. imperial government. 5. British . the policy of so uniting the separate parts of an empire with separate governments as to secure for certain purposes a single state.
reply to post by USarmyFL

You dont understand the term Imperialism...we are not imperialistic because we have bases.

Our bases are for protection not take over....until Obama, I don't know know what the heck he has up his sleeve.

Imperialism is invading a country and imposing your own regime which is what Russia has always tried to do, we

have been working to stop them.
edit on 15-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You mean to tell me that Russia's President does not have nukes pointed at us now? What a crock...I suppose they don't have their nuclear submarines too far off of our coasts either...point them who gives a crap

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The video may be current, but the story is not new, and that was covered here a while ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And older,

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-3-2012 by smurfy because: Links.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
The whole missiles pointed at your cities thing is ridiculous. Any military with ICBMs on SSBNs can change the targeting of its missiles in fairly short order. Its a symbolic rebuke, nothing more.

I have some sympathy with the russian position on the issue. Maybe they should set a shield up with ABM outposts in Siberia, Mexico and Iceland. Not aimed at the USA you understand, just in the vicinity.

To an extent the whole ABM idea is just Security Theatre anyway. The real threat is bomb parts and fissile material smuggled somewhere and assembled in the target country.

Actually, I have to jump in here and disagree. This is a pretty big deal in reality and it means something. It means quite a lot for symbolism AND real world consequences.

The Soviets and U.S. both had and have tripwire type defense systems if everything just turns on a dime and goes to hell in a handbasket doing warp speed. The whole point of the United States and the Soviets turning those targeting systems to a point in the middle of the Ocean was for that precise reason. It was quite a big deal in the news as I recall back then, when the targeting was originally moved to this fail safe condition.

Real world meaning is simple. If automated defense systems couple with people panic in a breaking calamity.......a mistake made won't obliterate the U.S. or Russia. Not by accident...and not by default of nothing ELSE being done. Now..if they have turned them back onto us as the default programming, we're back to a cocked pistol situation where even an unthinkable ACCIDENT has the thing coming right down our throats.

So it was up to the fall of the Soviet Union..and so it appears it will be again. Welcome back to the Cold War. It sure isn't looking so cold this time around though. Ugh...I thought I'd seen the last of this in 1990. To say Obama is outclassed by Putin isn't even funny. It's something to break down crying over.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Can you really see an alliance between America and Russia??

I can guarantee something big is happening to force these 2 side to co-operate. You think they would really join forces over a few rouge states that any of the developed nations could deal with?

I think the answers no. America are spreading out to far, and Russia know it, all they ask is for a legality to be made so they know they are protected....America are reluctant to oblige, so clearly they want all the cake.

Whats holding Russia back from making a real scene right now?? They keep telling the Americans that there is still hope to co-operate in the star/missile defense programs.

I may be wrong, but I thought the Russians were a proud nation that never have and never will back down from the US.

Do you think something out of our control is freaking the US into having bases and defense everywhere they possibly can world wide?? Whats freaked the Russians into allowing this to happen to a reasonable extent?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Here we go again. The U.S. needs to stop being so pompous and get the heck out of everyone's backyard. Op you're exactly right. I would like to see how we would react if Russia installed nuclear missiles in our backyard. I am so sick of our government officials causing confrontations overseas. The only sane person in the whole lot is Ron Paul, and unfortunately his voice is falling on deaf ears.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Dmitry Medvedev isn't the president any more.
So how old IS this video??

It's current.
Putin doesn't take office till May 12th.

Good to know, thanks! Its so weird to be "corrected" with an error (the irony).

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivineFem
When will everyone realize that a true super power has NO FREINDS. Everyone wants to be on top of their games, many times that requires topping other peoples' games. Some people don't like having their game topped and it prompts them to try to top the person who topped them...and on and on and on

The game of kings is a murky one.

The line between enemy and ally even murkier.

There can only be one true super power...and many countries who want to be that one super power. They're just waiting for the opportunity to present itself, to show the world they ain't playing

Yeah !!! A Game of Thrones !!! When is the next season starting !!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

Just blow up the corrupt U.S politicans , bankers, rich oil garchs already!

Wow dude, I hope you don't get a knock at the door tonight.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

They have never been our friends....don't let them fool you.

I'm not even our friends!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Text im·pe·ri·al·ism [im-peer-ee-uh-liz-uhm] Show IPA noun 1. the policy of extending the rule or authority of an empire or nation over foreign countries, or of acquiring and holding colonies and dependencies. 2. advocacy of imperial interests. 3. an imperial system of government. 4. imperial government. 5. British . the policy of so uniting the separate parts of an empire with separate governments as to secure for certain purposes a single state.
reply to post by USarmyFL

You dont understand the term Imperialism...we are not imperialistic because we have bases.

Our bases are for protection not take over....until Obama, I don't know know what the heck he has up his sleeve.

Imperialism is invading a country and imposing your own regime which is what Russia has always tried to do, we

have been working to stop them.
edit on 15-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

We have been imposing democracy in the Middle East for a decade now. Imperialistic by definition.

de·moc·ra·cy   [dih-mok-ruh-see] Show IPA
noun, plural -cies.
government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.
a state having such a form of government: The United States and Canada are democracies.
a state of society characterized by formal equality of rights and privileges.
political or social equality; democratic spirit.
the common people of a community as distinguished from any privileged class; the common people with respect to their political power.

Funny how American's have little to no control to what government does yet we are a democracy? The privileged (banks and corporations) have the power rendering the power of the common people useless. Pretty sure that makes the US anything but a democracy, yet is the regime put in place when we "liberate" other countries. We can't even make it work here, and we are to believe the rest of the world's population want to trade their oppressive regimes for another regime that sounds good, but hasn't been practiced in a long time now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join