It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA's President Announces Ready to Aim Nuclear Weapons at USA & NATO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
What's the hold up Russia? Just blow up the corrupt U.S politicans , bankers, rich oil garchs already!

LOL! Wanderingthe3rd, almost signature worthy!
edit on 15-3-2012 by Shrukin89 because: (no reason given)

Some posts are so idiotic they should be repeated. I'm sure that if Russia starts targeting the US with missiles, nukes, etc., they will only strike politicians.

Why do people constantly wish our demise? It's one thing to not be a fan of politics, it's another to wish death and destruction to millions of innocent citizens.

All of these video games has made the younger generation think they are invincible and ready to take on the world Rambo style. The unfortunate part is that the reality is nothing like the simulated version. Some people are in for a real shock.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Pretty much, yep.

Russia has always, since the days of the Tsars, wanted to be a player on the world stage. Not only a player, but The Player. ...and after WWII they were, and have to a greater or lesser extent remained one.

They've never been friends of the U.S. Allies of the moment, perhaps, but never friends.

So this should come as no surprise.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Ahhhhh....You mean that the politicians have a missile shield. Do you actually think the shield protects us, the regular Joes?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Who will be the first to launch. If it happens I'll throw a kegger and everyone is invited.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have at least six dozen bottle rockets and some of the original coke bottles. Let it fly Russia, I have my shield ready and waiting.
Darn, I gotta go out and buy a lighter now, they're all not working. Can you wait till tomorrow?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
interesting alliances!

what countries has Russia attacked/invaded recently?

Georgia... in 2008 I think.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
First off, their missiles have been pointed at the U.S. and vice-versa for quite some time now, anyone remember the Cuban Missile Crisis? Anyways, I've been warning people about this for a long time, if the U.S. and Russia can't come to a mutual understanding it's gonna be all hell on earth, it's only a matter of time. Co-operation or Combat, it's gotta be one or the other.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I agree. (edited because I misunderstood your post)

During WW2 the USSR was an allied force, and allied with the UK and US and respective allies.

Right to the moment when both US and USSR were in Berlin after the Nazi regime fell, they were enemies. And they have been enemies since. The Cold War is the catchphrase of that period and the demonstration that since WW2 the US and Russia are in fact fierce enemies.

The sad/good part about it is that both countries have such respect for each-others military capabilities that nothing ever came out of that enemy status.

Things calmed down after the Berlin wall was brought down, with the death of the Soviet period. But to call them allies is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. Russia never saw the US as an ally, nor friend. Just a country they could cooperate for mutual gains.

That's the part that "scares" me. What will happen when either side thinks they can dominate...
edit on 15/3/12 by Tifozi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by eywadevotee

I'll join you, how much is the cover charge? Maybe we can have a real big party evolve out of this can call it an ATS conference? Ribs, hotdogs and Tin foil hats available? Tax deductible Scientific conference?
Oops, maybe should watch it
edit on 15-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

SUHWEEET!! Sign me up!
My vote for location is....
Where else??

VEGAS!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

just did a quick search and nothing on it from our news sources. That boggles my mind

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Was it "wrong" when Russia did it? If it was then isn't it still "wrong" now? If the US had a right to demand the Soviets remove their missiles from Cuba wouldn't Russia be equally justified in demanding the US remove them?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

South Ossetia and Abkhazia in 2008. Chechnya before that.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is nothing like the Cuban missile crisis. That scenario had nuclear misses pointed at America right off our coast. The Missile defence shield is just what the name implies. A shield to defend against launched missiles using conventional warheads. They are not pointed at Russia and they are not nuclear.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

Quite a subjective statement with nothing to back it up. Women abandon, abuse, and kill their children all the time. As a woman myself, I know how other women are. Three weeks out of four, things would be on an even keel....but that fourth week, look out. It has been proven that women are much more likely to commit murder and bodily harm while they are PMS-ing.

I know that, before I went through menopause, that one week of the month I was almost dangerous. I could easily see myself nuking an entire continent during that time, just because they were leanin' on my last nerve.

Seriously, I would like to see a balance of men and women making the decisions. Right now, it's a testosterone fest, complete with strutting, bragging, lying, and pissing contests.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev stated he will point nukes if USA keeps installing "defense"
missiles all around Russia's backyard.

In other words, Russia says enough is enough!

Imagine if Russia installed "defense" missiles all around canada, mexico, cuba, would arrogant USA tolerate it or smack Russia out of the West right back to Asia?

Finally, someone has decided no longer to tolerate American arrogance. Bravo Russia !!!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eywadevotee

How about neither?

The politicians on either side may be power mongering, but they're not suicidal.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
We need women to run the world. World Wars would never happen. They care too much for our children.

Like Hilary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi?

Women like that? They would likely EAT their own children...

You've never heard the term "Hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned" ?

Dear Lord help us all if women were ever put in charge of the whole shabang.

Re: the OP, although this seems "new and threatening" the fact is nukes have been aimed this way and that for the better part of half a century.
We aren't in any more or less danger than we were 50 years ago. If one day they launch, I'll grab my lawn chair, throw a wiener on the end of my stick, and await the bbq

edit on 15-3-2012 by HIWATT because: sepllign

edit on 15-3-2012 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Thanks for this, OP. It fills an important blank for the lead up to the coming war. I'm glad I didn't miss this detail. Putin isn't a full week off his being restored to his rightful place (as I'm sure he sees it) and he's already talking about taking the Strategic Nuclear Weapons off fail-safe aimpoints (middle of the arctic ocean..I think) and aiming everything back onto us.

Oh Well.... Whats new? I grew up regularly being told that bacteria wouldn't live beyond an attack where I was living in So. California and we'd only get a few minutes warning. IF...anyone bothered to warn the public about the first wave at all.
I suppose it's just back to the bad old days. Whats new?

Oh... a big thanks to all those in power without whom, a return to the worst of the last 100 years of international relations would never have been possible. The public of the various nations sure have no use for these games and tensions!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Russia already did do that.....1960's. Missile crisis....history repeats.

I thought everyone knew JFK history.

And what about the 1950's duck and cover, bomb shelters etc....that was Russia threatening the world and mostly USA.

They have never been our friends....don't let them fool you.

Ask yourself "why" they have never been our friends.. Me thinks it could be because of our imperialistic "do as we say" attitude. I mean really, we have bases across the globe, how would we feel if foreign bases were on our soil? We do not have any friends anymore.. Even Canada resents us, but they deal with it since we share the same rock.

U

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join