It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA's President Announces Ready to Aim Nuclear Weapons at USA & NATO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
err mkay.. I thought for sure that they always had some nukes pointed at the US?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
We need women to run the world. World Wars would never happen. They care too much for our children.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

Really? I Struggle to agree with your sentiment.

2 women come to mind:
Hillary Clinton
Sarah Palin

The latter of which is rather nutty.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
We need women to run the world. World Wars would never happen. They care too much for our children.

Hmmm, ever read about Magda Goebbels?

Back on topic, Russia and the US have been aiming nuclear missiles at each other for 50 years or more, This is nothing more than sabre rattling. It's pretty irrelevant anyway, If we had a nuclear world war 3 and all the 'Nuclear Club' used their weaponry this planet would be a totally uninhabitable radioactive waste ground. The only people left would be the people who pushed the fire buttons holed up safely in their cosy underground concrete tombs - sorry - bunkers.

I don't know about you but I don't think I'd want to be alive in a future like that...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Women do run the world.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Dmitry Medvedev isn't the president any more.

So how old IS this video??

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I think a president looks much stronger if the remain quiet most of the tme and follow up with their threats, that way you know that when he says something like this he is serious.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Oops I assumed he was still the president, forgot about PUTIN, my bad

Heres an article from last month with current(?) General saying the same thing

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I watched that video last year. Nothing new to see or hear here. I am surprised people are just now discussing this on ATS though.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Women do run the world.

...and men wage war against them (usually in bed XD )

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Putin, is now in charge and he will go with the international community, any bets against me

guaranteed, thus the reason Putin was put back in with a supposed election

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

so Russian president is saying he's going to do something

that his country has already been being doing ongoingly for so long?

The Russians, having killed their own once seemingly powerful USSR system with poor management and corruption combined with the basic will of those they subjected wanting out and something better, that country is no longer a world threat and never will be again. They are in decline.

Russia is still pictured as somewhat of a threat today to Western powers for self-serving political reasons. The Western Powers give no great indication of wanting to conquer Russia, merely to keep it in check of course. Russia is not a real threat to any outside nation. The reason for the bluster from Russia is manifold. Who is really their biggest potential enemy down the road? Not the least of which is their neighbors to the south, muslims and others. To point to the West as the old and continuing enemy is to focus attention elsewhere from the real threat. A missile system is a deterrent to outside aggression and can be pointed in any direction, West or East.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Dmitry Medvedev may have been President in title but he was hand picked by Putin to fill that position while he stepped down to Prime Minister. If you do some research, you will find that prior to these changes in positions, the Prime Minister position was designed to take control of powers and oversight originally only vested to the President. Putin pulled it off as well as pushing state controlled governorships and Mayoral positions as well as Energy and communications.

He did this right out in the blatant open before the Russian Public and no one did anything to stop him. The person who tried was imprisoned over some made up taxation crap among other things.

So anything that came from Dmitry Medvedev's mouth was actually coming from Putin's mouth.

Do not think for a second that Putin will play ball with Europe or the US on this matter. His stance was made clear through Dmitry Medvedev's statements already.

So bets are on against you from me.

edit on 3-15-2012 by Flint2011 because: Typos

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Russia already did do that.....1960's. Missile crisis....history repeats.

I thought everyone knew JFK history.

And what about the 1950's duck and cover, bomb shelters etc....that was Russia threatening the world and mostly USA.

They have never been our friends....don't let them fool you.

I grew up under the USSR and they were bad. It is now us that are the aggressor nation. We are turning into the USSR little by little. I guess we followed the Japnese off the economic cliff now we are going to follow USSR of the nation cliff. Enough is enough. We can never be 100% protected.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Russia already did do that.....1960's. Missile crisis....history repeats.

I thought everyone knew JFK history.

And what about the 1950's duck and cover, bomb shelters etc....that was Russia threatening the world and mostly USA.

They have never been our friends....don't let them fool you.

You make a good point. The former USSR did put missiles in Cuba (our backyard) and it led to the Cuban Missile Crisis. We did not like it when they did it...

So why do we expect them to like it when we are doing the EXACT same thing? Russia is not "our friend" and why should they be? When your "friends" say, "Hey do as I say and not as I do" they are not much of a friend and that is exactly how the US treats everyone else.
edit on 15-3-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I'm surprised to see you commit this mistake. (I mean this in a good way)

He still is the President in power. Putin will only come to power in May or after May (don't know about the russian law, if it applies to the month of May or not).
edit on 15/3/12 by Tifozi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Russia has never stopped pointing her missles at America , they may have disarmed a few hundred but they still have enough pointed at NATO to kill the world several times over .

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Had no idea on that.

Thanks for the correction.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

People often overlook small details in world politics, and give too much attention and credit to others.

Governments do not speak in the same manner as people do. For instance, Obama made a clear stand recently by saying that the sanctions that are in place against Iran since 1995 will continue past May of 2012. It's fairly obvious since the US announced severe sanctions this year, but he also added that the window for diplomacy is "shrinking" (his word) and that Iran must comply or face consequences.

Between two people, this is a rather obvious thing to say. But between governments it is not. When a gov tells another "you will face consequences" it's a serious thing. In a "job" where the president chooses every single word and pause in his speech in order to not make mistakes about the message, stating such a thing raises some concerns and the oil prices have been proof of that.

Add to this the even more stubborn Russian diplomacy they have been practicing lately, and I'm fairly concerned about how this things will pan out in the recent future.

I'm not sure about the credibility of this news, since the US announced recently they will allow to disclose information about the missile shield to the russians, but if in any case the Russian gov is in fact saying this, it's a whole different ball game.

There have been decades since the last time nuclear rhetoric was used, and it's scary to consider that they are going for it again. I guess history does repeat itself quite often.

As for the people feeling safe because of the shield defense system against missiles, you guys should be more conscientious about it than you really are.

Having a shield doesn't mean it will work. People need to understand the reality of it.

We are talking about hitting a intercontinental missile traveling very fast with another missile. Usually the analogy used to explain it is to consider it as the same as firing a bullet and then firing a second bullet to stop the first one.

This technology isn't new, and people should be aware that it's not bulletproof. During the Golf War the rate of success for the patriot missiles was way lower than expected, and it's not like we fire nuclear missiles everyday to test the shield. It's all theoretical, and would only be proven effective after use.

It's just another part of the equation of the M.A.D. plan. If you throw a shield into the equation, it turns the game in favor of the West.

But people also need to realize that the Russians aren't sleeping. They might have fallen a long way from past super-power status, but they still have a very decent technology development, and there is nothing to prove us that they haven't figured out a way to pierce the same shield that NATO wants to install.

We all need to be extra careful with things like this, and if people are aware, it's one way to stop a possible madness. If people continue to live in illusions and false sentiments of security, we could make the wrong decision way too fast.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

smack Russia out of the West right back to Asia?

That is all it would take.... An open handed slap!

Russia can keep running it's mouth all they want... We will install the defense system, all while they complain.

If they can find a country around the US that will allow them to install a missile shield, I say more power to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join